• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
There's a quote by a commentator which I forgot but he made a great point. "Peach mains use all of her moves, but Peach seconds only use her best" I feel like that's very true. I mean in Melee, people never really used Toad, ftilt, Peach Bomb, or Utilt. But when you see players like Armada, he'll use every move to it's fullest. In P:M I feel like it's pretty much the same. Just try exploring the moves and see what works. Like if you use Toad on say Roy's or Ike's recovery. They get completely gimped by it. Ummm let's see, the Down smash with less knockback..If you use that at low percents and it knocks them down, you can use Peach Bomb to tech chase almost all options. /rant

Cauthon Luck

Smash Rookie
You clearly haven't heard of glidetoss insta toss nair shield pressure. Peach isn't terrible at all bro, she got tha moves.
She can also float cancel dair into dsmash shield pressure, but she can do both of those things in melee. I obviously like her in melee if I main her, I just don't like how she plays in the current meta of P:M. I never said she was terrible, and I'll still probably use her/dreamland as a counter pick on occasion, but I don't think she is super viable as a main in P:M, but that will change if the rumors are true and the vast majority of recoveries are nerfed.

Could Armada succeed as a Peach main in P:M? Of ****ing course he could he's Armada.

Also, Armada doesn't really use the 4 moves you mentioned(Ftilt/uptilt/toad/peach bomber) in melee. Unless you count Peach Bomber recoveries on Yoshi's as using Peach Bomber, in which case Hbox uses sing since he can turn around ledge grab with it.

You are right though Captain Zack, that P:M Peach has some unexplored possibilities, and I know I've mentioned at Rockets/other places that if recoveries get nerfed, I might try out Peach, but right now I prefer Zelda.

I just don't see how Peach is better situated in P:M as opposed to Melee, where she is already fringe viable and pretty much requires a secondary to deal with Puff. Yes she got buffed, but it doesn't compensate for the buffs other characters got.

Last edited:

Aracrist

Smash Rookie
Indeed, thankfully I'm from Prairieville, so Baton Rouge is not far at all.

I also read somewhere that The Cove was 18+, and if it is I cannot attend :(.
But I'll definitely be there on August 9th.

eet

Smash Ace
I agree that Peach feels slightly buffed in PM compared to Melee, but less viable due to other character buffs.

And yeah armada doesnt use those moves. Although no one used up aerial appropriately before Armada lol.

Last edited:

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Armada uses those moves once in a blue moon. Now the way he chains up airs together is pretty damn good and I don't see any other peaches do that. I also don't watch any other peaches

eet

Smash Ace
Theyre slightly irrelevant now but Mikael was that legit Japanese peach and he always played blue peach so I stole that from him lol. Also Wife and Mike G if you wanna see OG peaches dash attack and turnip spam, MacD and DoH are prolly the 2 better peaches at this point. Bladewise has some notability but I dont like his style for some reason, havent watch too many matches of his though. M2k has been playin peach, but his peach looks like it has downs and he jus spams fair. Im sure he would 3 stock me though.

But yeah, huge gap in consistency, spacing, f/cs and mobility mixups when lookin at Armada vs anyone else so I pretty much just watch him lol. DoH does some cool stuff like z drop turnips to zone from a float into a bair or to just cover an area and land

Last edited:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Yoooooo we got tournies in pretty much every major city in August! And for EVERY Smash game! 64 on the 2nd, Melee on the 9th, (primarily) PM on the 16th, Brawl included on the 23rd! HYPE!

Also, hello new people! Hope to meet you guys at one of these tournies. HYPE

Just wondering, in the event Smash 4 is everything we hate, what is everyone's backup plan? Do we all just go play PM forever?

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
Just wondering, in the event Smash 4 is everything we hate, what is everyone's backup plan? Do we all just go play PM forever?
There is always P:M, though the Wii U is hackable. There is always hope for a P:M2. I believe Smash 4 will survive for at least a little while, though.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey guys, just wanted to ask a favor of you all. If there's a tournament that is coming up, please PM the links to me as soon as you have them. Admittingly enough, I noticed I missed a couple of links because they got lost in all the posts in this thread. Instead of going through pages of text to try and find links to upcoming tournaments, it'd be much easier to have them all collected in my mailbox. Thanks.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Didn't realize exactly how it worked until a little bit in first try, and second try I got 582. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'll do it tomorrow after I wake up. I played too much Smash today so I'm only typing at ~550 CPM. I should be able to break 600 if I'm fully awake. These old man fingers just can't cope with playing Smash for three days straight at five hours each day. >> I usually score at just above 120 wpm on typing tests.

Last edited:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Added all the details to the Monthly Godlike #2 thread, so here are the big things:

-This one is gonna start registration at 4pm, with ALL events starting at 5pm. We promise this time it won't get changed last second, so get here on time!
-Stream for Smash will be http://www.twitch.tv/streamteamla. FGC stream TBA.
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ran on 2 stocks, 6 minutes! Please be aware of that!
-We're adding a new event: Project: M Waseda Doubles! Details are in the OP.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Zack did you know that me, trey, and McCain are all friends?

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
And here this whole time I thought Trey was lying about being friends with MacD

Also I'm not going to bother making an event thread for the cove monthly from tonight. Seems like a waste of time, so here are the results from the round robin

1. Mura :sheikmelee::falcomelee: (5-0)
2. Jnig :sheikmelee:(4-1)
3. TC123 :sheikmelee:(3-2)
4. The Butt Pirate :marthmelee:(2-3)
5. Cocko :marthmelee:(1-4)
6. Nose :foxmelee:(0-5)

Top Bottom