• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Just gonna post these links for the Monthly Godlike results, I might be able to make a results thread while in Memphis this coming week, but I can't guarantee anything.

Brawl: http://smashboards.com/rankings/monthly-godlike-1-brawl-singles.1597/event
Melee: http://smashboards.com/rankings/monthly-godlike-1-melee-singles.1598/event
PM: http://smashboards.com/rankings/monthly-godlike-1-pm-singles.1599/event

P.S.: Everyone going to the People's Tournament, yall have fun! Just know I'm still keeping JSalt because I'll be missing out on that!
Brah, add my pikachu

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
So my mom *****ed at me just now for not brushing my teeth for a week (i had gone to a friends place last weekend and forgot until now to unpack the mini bag containing my toothbrush and toothpaste) and even said she wasn't taking me to the dentist anymore. (only been twice for anyone who cares and both trips were "recent") I honestly don't give a flying **** about brushing my teeth as A. that fluoride **** they got in most every toothpaste you can buy at your local Wal-Mart is actually BAD for your health (and NO, im not talking about ingesting it) and B. being the lazy son of a gun I am in general, that particular quality about me works out nice since I honestly cannot remember the last time I legit brushed my teeth. Thankfully, I've got strong teeth, I've just got to worry about plaque build up ehh **** that ****! I reckon so as long as I floss and run herbal water through my mouth every now and then, my teeth should still be in my gums by the time im 50! ;)
Just wanted to chime in. There are plenty of toothpaste brands out there that have no fluoride. In particular the best one I've ever tried is Xyliwhite, available at Whole Foods. I'm still using it and don't see myself changing anytime soon, and if you brush infrequently then it lasts forever, which justifies the cost (I think it's ~$4). If you for some reason can't go to Whole Foods, then Tom's of Maine makes a fluorideless toothpaste but you have to look carefully for that specific package since Walmart carries more Tom's of Maine toothpastes than just that one, and all the others have fluoride.

Also... brush your teeth more than once a week. I don't brush them every day but I would definitely never go a week without brushing. Herbal water is great but it and floss alone can't get all the food residue off your teeth. Honestly the best would be if you rinsed with herbal water certain days a week and brushed them other days.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
I'm hella salty when I see that picture.

EDIT : Start getting in the habit of brushing more, getting cavities filled is not enjoyable.

Last edited:

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
3rd in teams (shout outs to team water temple), 4th in singles (;___; )

taylor knocked me out of winners in round 4, then I had to go through arcadian (I think? he played mewtwo), freddy, and then vaughn (the first time I've ever beat him out of the 4 sets we've played in tourney). Lost to Lee in loser's semis, game 3.

Highest placing I've ever gotten, probably the best I've ever played, shout outs to everyone who complimented my link.

GG's too all, hope to see more of you at the next one.

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
3rd in teams (shout outs to team water temple), 4th in singles (;___; )

taylor knocked me out of winners in round 4, then I had to go through arcadian (I think? he played mewtwo), freddy, and then vaughn (the first time I've ever beat him out of the 4 sets we've played in tourney). Lost to Lee in loser's semis, game 3.

Highest placing I've ever gotten, probably the best I've ever played, shout outs to everyone who complimented my link.

GG's too all, hope to see more of you at the next one.
Yeah good stuff today, man. You were playing like a man on fire!! Super close game between us too. Wish I hadn't choked away that last stock, but meh. That's life. There's always next time.

Awesome tourney!! Shoutouts to placing first in PM teams with Lee. First time ever teaming with a top player!!

Also I have a new most hated character in PM. Screw ROB, yo!!! No johns for DF, though. He's a really good player.

Shoutouts to placing exactly the same in Melee going Triple Random Character as I would have if I had played Zelda. The realizations are real... :(

Last edited:

ChKn

Smash Ace
I thought I was normal for brushing and flossing my teeth twice a day.

Ggs to everyone.

Last edited:

Logz

Smash Cadet
How can you go a week without brushing your teeth? That stank breath is just too much for me to handle after I wake up, let alone a week...

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
How can you go a week without brushing your teeth? That stank breath is just too much for me to handle after I wake up, let alone a week...
It really depends on your diet. Basically, if you almost never eat processed/fast foods, sugar, dairy, or red meat and only eat things like beans, oatmeal, certain mild vegetables, and fruits, you actually don't get bad breath for a very long time.

Logz

Smash Cadet
D-did I do it guys? Did I finally get first at a paid tourney?
Congrats dude, you deserved it yesterday. You played phenomenally.

It really depends on your diet. Basically, if you almost never eat processed/fast foods, sugar, dairy, or red meat and only eat things like beans, oatmeal, certain mild vegetables, and fruits, you actually don't get bad breath for a very long time.
Interesting info. I'm always eating what you just listed, so that's prob why I got the stank breath. My dad's a dentist though, so that's prob why I've brushed my teeth every day for many years. Hate flossing tho, that's just a pain in the ***.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I wish I knew who Robert Lee was.

.-.
Can't tell if serious or trolling

But basically, Lee has been the supreme leader of all smashers in LA for a looong time. He was basically never beaten in any serious tournament matches (veterans correct me?) and placed first in roughly 99% of tournaments he entered. And by 99% I mean 100%. He is so good with so many characters that most people aren't even close to a challenge to him.

He actually places really well in nationals too, I believe. However, he has since moved to Florida iirc and is playing it up with the likes of the FL legends (people who actually can hold a match to him).

Sleep deprivation at its finest. Nothing to see here, run along.

Last edited:

VVB

SD Champ
Good **** to everyone at TPT. Lafayette had nothing but positive things to say about it all - aside from it being a little muggy in the joint, but with the situation that the TOs were put into it was completely understandable. With all the issues that came up, I think you guys did a great job bouncing back and hosting one of the bigger tournies of the year.

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Can't tell if serious or trolling

But basically, Lee has been the supreme leader of all smashers in LA for a looong time. He was basically never beaten in any serious tournament matches (veterans correct me?) and placed first in roughly 99% of tournaments he entered. And by 99% I mean 100%. He is so good with so many characters that most people aren't even close to a challenge to him.

He actually places really well in nationals too, I believe. However, he has since moved to Florida iirc and is playing it up with the likes of the FL legends (people who actually can hold a match to him).

That's Lee Martin lol. Robert Lee was that noob who kept asking questions about stuff

edit: actually I'm not even sure who you're talking about

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Oh yeaahhh. For some reason I thought Robert could've been his first name and everyone just calls him by his middle and last name....

Yeah, I think I need to go get some sleep, lol.

VVB

SD Champ
That's Lee Martin lol. Robert Lee was that noob who kept asking questions about stuff

edit: actually I'm not even sure who you're talking about
I was thinking the same thing. Lee MARTIN (if that's who you're talking about) still lives in Houma and attends tournies around LA pretty frequently as of late. Additionally, TaylorHJ has bested him in the past 3 tournaments they've met.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Really? I thought at one point he moved to another state? Weird. I have seen him around but I just thought he still traveled to the occasional LA tourney.

And wow at Taylor besting him. Mad props to Taylor for getting that good.

Last edited:

Sudai

Stuff here
Taylor's always been good enough to at least put up a strong fight against Lee, if not beat him(In melee at least). Their games have -always- been fun to watch.

'V'

Smash Lord
Their games really have been fun to watch. That and a lot of other players' matches as well (Freddy, Dope, Avery, etc.). It's the main reason why I don't play friendlies at tournaments. I wanna watch all of the hype high-level matches instead.

Last edited:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
You could have just said Lee Martin. Why am I called Robert Lee though? Is it because I ask many questions?

Rhyme_

Smash Rookie
So is ROFL still on for the first Saturday of each month? Need to ask off for work
Ben told me that was still the plan but this month the usual venue is filled with textbooks and if they can't find a venue then they won't have it. It'll be back to the usual venue for next month though.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
"This salt is amazing, I sprinkle it onto my eyes and then collect my tears and extract the salt. It gave an amazing taste and zing to the meal".

Dafuq.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Ben told me that was still the plan but this month the usual venue is filled with textbooks and if they can't find a venue then they won't have it. It'll be back to the usual venue for next month though.
Aww man I was hoping to get a tourney in before school. Cus no tournament swag once school starts.

VVB

SD Champ
Aww man I was hoping to get a tourney in before school. Cus no tournament swag once school starts.
We're trying, man :(. The venue basically turns into a textbook warehouse during the month of August, so there's no way we can hold it there. We are trying to find a place and maybe push the dates back a little so that people at least have 3 to 2.5 weeks to prepare. I'll be sure to keep you all updated.

Top Bottom