• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Man y'all fools need to be prepared like I am. Not only do I keep a full setup in my car at all times, but I also have a cot and camping chair for whenever and/or whatever. Just find a truck stop and sleep under the stars. It will be fun :)

Last edited:

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Also I don't own a car to keep a set up in...
@darkm3trp1d I'm that marth/Ganon from wintercon. I'm salty about the 9. Come to Tha Shrimp. Get rekt.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Also I don't own a car to keep a set up in...
@darkm3trp1d I'm that marth/Ganon from wintercon. I'm salty about the 9. Come to Tha Shrimp. Get rekt.
yo. This guy though. Mad cause I got mad rng control. I can't come to salt cause I'm running my own **** this saturday. But I'll git you in that runback sometime soon.

Last edited:

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
Man y'all fools need to be prepared like I am. Not only do I keep a full setup in my car at all times, but I also have a cot and camping chair for whenever and/or whatever. Just find a truck stop and sleep under the stars. It will be fun :)
So prepared, yet no Wiimote to actually work your smash setup.

Dopey

Smash Lord
I would enter too...if it was free...or 1$
..or 100$ entrees...all about the fun to me:D

>>

<<

^^

<3

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Who is RuslinJimmies? Don't believe we have met brother. And Dope is the guy that just showed up and won Wintercon right? Is he going for a repeat at tha shrimp?!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Posting this again, and in the FB event (which I should've done earlier...)

Since I'm going to both BRM and The Shrimp this weekend, would anyone in BR be able to house me Saturday night? Staying anywhere in BR beats driving from NOLA to BR and back and again and back.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Florida needs some housing information soon please. Are we going to be staying at the venue aka Taylor's house?

Dopey

Smash Lord
What part of florida is comin? You shoulda told shiz to come get whooped too ^^

Also...where is BRM being held at?? I must just be a noob :/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

so registration for PM teams CLOSES at 11:30. so be on time or dont play. i know i said "please be here by 11:30" but that is crap. this shrimp is going to be huge and we dont have time to start late. be on time. call me if something unexpected happens. 225-892-4778

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Something unexpected IS happening
we're sleeping in our car
Anybody have parking available for the night?
not a joke, apparently out of the hundred+ smashers down there are only like 5 don't live in 10x10 huts that can't room us
and those 5 are already housing people

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
"Central room"
Our dorm is only one room.

Also we (I) keep it at 55.

D

Deleted member

A: 100 is an absurd exaggeration.
B: Myself, grace, and eric are the only people who dont live in a dorm or with their parents. idk what they said about housing but i have 10+ people.

dont act like youre entitled to something. get a hotel before you start complaining. im doing my best, but don't ostracize my friends for not being able to accommodate you.

and in the end, the tournament won't be held up for you.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
A: 100 is an absurd exaggeration.
B: Myself, grace, and eric are the only people who dont live in a dorm or with their parents. idk what they said about housing but i have 10+ people.

dont act like youre entitled to something. get a hotel before you start complaining. im doing my best, but don't ostracize my friends for not being able to accommodate you.

and in the end, the tournament won't be held up for you.
you somehow read simultaneously into read into my post and didn't read the whole thing
I know those of you with room are mostly full
100 seems appropriate considering Smashcon had about that much, excluding travelers but adding back in whoever didn't come from BR
We would get a hotel if we could afford it
I don't think requesting a roof and heat is really being entitled. We're already driving 3 hours to attend in the first place. I would gladly house people even in my dinky dorm were it the other way around, if not for any reason other than to actually HAVE smashers to hang out with, for once.
But if your friends felt ostracized because of what I said, then clearly they are putting too much value into what a stranger says.
You need to relax, I wasn't asking or expecting anything out of you. I already know you're housing people.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Drinking food. There is a brawl player named Cody I'll ask for you about staying at his place he's super nice. He'd be cool with it as long as he doesn't work I think.

Also I've added Project M to the 5pm time slot for BRM tomorrow. Remember to bring setups people! The TO does not own a Wii himself.

-Erick

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@ smash-con smash-con No erick we have a place now don't worry about it. Dylan is housing us. I made the original post before I we had confirmed the housing. But thanks for the offer.
We'll be able to bring a PM set-up to BRM tomorrow. Or at least the console/game, might not have a TV but hopefully some other games will be more or less done by the time we start PM.

Last edited:

Dopey

Smash Lord
Cant make it to BRM :( work gotta happen...

Just gotta make it up at Tha Shrimp ^^

Btw...will there be shrimp to eat?? :D

D

Deleted member

if youre going to BRM tomorrow, BRING SET UPS!
i think this one will be a little bigger than normal and running on 1-2 set ups will suck.

D

Deleted member

Why even say this, Taylor?
no real reason to say it, but when i typed out a long response and then deleted it all, i replaced it with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom