• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

-Ran

Smash Master
do you know who eliminated him? :awesome:
Yea. Some scrub Marth player from Arizona. Way to trample on the hopes and dreams of all the Ken fans by beating him. You should have all colluded secretly and allowed Ken to win the tournament. >/

I also really want to play Melee. =/

D

Deleted member

Then it wasn't some scrub ran. From my understanding tai is going to come **** me :(

:phone:

-Ran

Smash Master
No sir, he is a scrub. He has that link on his clipboard twenty-four seven. He's like a scab flashing his cash. He's going to get the clamps.

:)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I don't remember who it was. It was either me or Phil. I had my SD card in which Cam was able to swipe one or two matches on it. Fortunately Phil put in his SD card to the tv that was used for the rest of the tournament (even though I said not to use said tv). But I'm happy you are satisfied.

When I get a capture card from smashcon, I'll be helping out with the National Replay Project, so that mean's I'll be able to record more matches and also help out with uploading them. Though I'll need help from you guys; just when we do recording for the NRP, let me know if you are going to play a match before you play it. There's a time stamp program that I use that allows me to keep track of who's playing and on what set-up. Then when I go to the replays on the SD card, I match up the times and I can identify who's playing (assuming they use a different tag or none at all). If you guys don't tell me, I'm not going to try and ask around, it simply won't be recorded. Also make sure any friendlies are saved to the wii and not the SD card. If you guys have important MM's you want to have recorded let me know so I don't delete them from thinking they are just friendlies.

Also, good matches against Jnig, Gunner. You are certainly improving since the last time I watch you play.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I see Shreveport vs BR.

I see MAR talking about someone from Mississippi.

What is going on?

insomniiac

Smash Cadet
who is even in shreveport? only people i've played with are okuser and gunner.

some ***** named ninjapenguin is hhere but says he cant play or somethin

insomniiac

Smash Cadet
You do not have enough swag for the melee players, only on my level or so - same for Wiggins.

It's still fun for me though; I can finally get some good practice in.

EDIT: btw, what do you guys think of my Samus play? Obviously it isn't that great, but I've yet to ask anyone about it critically (probably because I never play Brawl). I'd just like some criticism.
to be honest, as difficult a character as power suit is to play, you do exceptionally well as her. your minimal brawl/character knowledge is your only downfall in being a brawl player. *sigh* it's disheartening to see potential brawl talent go unused solely because of lack of interest /: from what i've seen, with practice, you could be a brawl player.

also, david, y u no come play melee with me???

insomniiac

Smash Cadet
So idk who is responsible for getting me and JNig's latest match recorded, but thank you thank you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaMFqE-Tkfw
game one you threw ~38 neutral B's.

game 3 you threw ~15

game 2 i believe you neglected your golden ticket to victory, also.

i think there is a strong correlation between how many thunder-jolts you use and how well you play vs J-*** and probably other players.

..i mean not literally, but my point is you started playing maddd different from the way you were playing when you were winning.

lol, can't say jnig.
but oh yeah, forgot to mention, good ****t, you played like jesus. keep it up, you'll get him next time.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
to be honest, as difficult a character as power suit is to play, you do exceptionally well as her. your minimal brawl/character knowledge is your only downfall in being a brawl player. *sigh* it's disheartening to see potential brawl talent go unused solely because of lack of interest /: from what i've seen, with practice, you could be a brawl player.

also, david, y u no come play melee with me???
Oh, cool. :)

I have a project due tomorrow in compositing. All the good tv shows are also on tonight. Friday/Saturday are usually free.

I'll bring the melee. Somebody else bring the brawl.

BTW, I may try to get a hold of the wii during Christmas break. I asked my bro if he was using it and the answer was pretty much "NO, it's stupid."

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Dont forget guys, we have Get Hype in Albany this Saturday. Make sure to be on time. If you are going to be a few minutes later than when we plan to start, just call ahead to reserve your spot and make sure you have your money when you arrive. Remember it's a smash con sponsored event so come to get your points for Brawl singles.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've got a poll running on Facebook in our Smash Group. Please participate in it. ;D

http://www.facebook.com/groups/133034603414177/
Looking at the options, I can see a lot of people selecting apathy. Tournaments are usually announced at least 3 weeks in advance, so it gives people plenty of time to plan. Now having money, getting a ride, etc might be an issue more than the rest, but with proper planning, some of those issues can be resolved. Also people worrying about the size of the tournament to dictate whether they go or not is a joke imo seeing that almost everyone here thinks that way so no one shows up and the tournament attendance is poor. I'm just basing this off an observation.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Also people worrying about the size of the tournament to dictate whether they go or not is a joke imo seeing that almost everyone here thinks that way so no one shows up and the tournament attendance is poor. I'm just basing this off an observation.
While this is certainly true, it isn't a joke. I have to drive 3-4 hours to go to our tournies, and if only 6 people are gonna be there, I wind up wasting a whole day and a bunch of money for what is basically 1 set with JNig. Last Chinese Inn was pretty good, and I'm glad I came. But the last Curlz tourney for example? Curlz, me, Lee, Jnig. That's it besides a few random locals...

Btw thanks for watching on posting on my match with JNig, Lenny. We need more posts like that in here...

ChKn

Smash Ace
While this is certainly true, it isn't a joke. I have to drive 3-4 hours to go to our tournies, and if only 6 people are gonna be there, I wind up wasting a whole day and a bunch of money for what is basically 1 set with JNig. Last Chinese Inn was pretty good, and I'm glad I came. But the last Curlz tourney for example? Curlz, me, Lee, Jnig. That's it besides a few random locals...

Btw thanks for watching on posting on my match with JNig, Lenny. We need more posts like that in here...
I feel the same.

@Stingers: I think MK is like 50-50 to 75-25 banned in the state.

Also, I'm thinking about trying to learn how to play Melee during my semester break in the Winter. Doubt I'll make any progress, but it's w.e. Definitely want to use a different character besides Marth.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
I was actually getting pretty close to beating JNig with my MK, but then I got 3 stocked and haven't tried it since.
I've been polishing it recently and will probably try to play it next set against him.

Top Bottom