• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
While this is certainly true, it isn't a joke. I have to drive 3-4 hours to go to our tournies, and if only 6 people are gonna be there, I wind up wasting a whole day and a bunch of money for what is basically 1 set with JNig. Last Chinese Inn was pretty good, and I'm glad I came. But the last Curlz tourney for example? Curlz, me, Lee, Jnig. That's it besides a few random locals...

Btw thanks for watching on posting on my match with JNig, Lenny. We need more posts like that in here...
Definitely, there are always exceptions, but I just don't like seeing a whole bunch of people who could make it to a local tournament not come unless there is a big enough turnout. I give you guys a lot of credit for going out of your way for tournaments.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Definitely, there are always exceptions, but I just don't like seeing a whole bunch of people who could make it to a local tournament not come unless there is a big enough turnout. I give you guys a lot of credit for going out of your way for tournaments.
That was my thought on the matter as well, which I figured you already knew. Shreveport has to make a real trip to show up to most LA tournies so it would help us out if BR players show up to BR tournies and the like.

One of the big reasons why I held off on PBS for a while was because I can play anyone in Slidell whenever I head down there; they will often crawl out of their holes to play me. However, Erick got a hold of Justin and he agreed to make the trip down from Hattiesburg, and so I have more of a reason to go play now.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I've thought about it, but I'm honestly too lazy and I don't really adventure out to find a good venue.

People in Shreveport's general FGC have started talk about tournaments again though. I don't know if they would let me tack on Smash or not; they're okay with me showing up to normal fight nights and setting up Melee, but I also used to play Marvel and SF4 with them.

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
A Shreveport tourney would be nice. I'd really just like the chance to try my characters offline. I haven't played enough people to know which characters I'm best with and should practice. Like, I love playing Falco, but have never used him offline so I have no clue whether I should pick him up or not. Guess I'll stick with :metaknight: for now.

:phone:

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Ninja, if you can get some permission (or whatever the case) to head over to Lenny's place when we play Brawl/Melee then you can get some offline experience. He can also help you learn the IC matchup.

-Ran

Smash Master
TX has a bad case of "Yeah! We'll go!........................................nvm" when it comes to Louisiana tournies.
Yea... a lot of car pools have failed on their way to coming to us. I remember for Last, only the Melee Carpools made it.

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
Ninja, if you can get some permission (or whatever the case) to head over to Lenny's place when we play Brawl/Melee then you can get some offline experience. He can also help you learn the IC matchup.
I just got a job and I'm becoming more independent so it might not be out of the question. Personally, I'd like to meet him offline first (dec. 8th maybe). And of course you too David. Also, Samus? Seems like you'd use a faster character, someone more "melee-esque."

edit: how's it going Gunner?

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I just got a job and I'm becoming more independent so it might not be out of the question. Personally, I'd like to meet him offline first (dec. 8th maybe). And of course you too David. Also, Samus? Seems like you'd use a faster character, someone more "melee-esque."

edit: how's it going Gunner?

Oh, sounds like awesome progression. :)

I use Samus because I'm actually used to her floaty playstyle in all 3 games. It's more mentally acceptable to play her in Brawl rather than Falcon or such (he can't do anything in Brawl, very sad) and she makes the floaty physics easier for me to cope with.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Accidental page 4500. Can't wait for FIVE THOUSAND.
I'm doing well, ninjapenguin. Just working on brawl stuff a lot this past week. You should try to come join us sometime! We've been playing a lot recently.

insomniiac

Smash Cadet
Dont forget guys, we have Get Hype in Albany this Saturday. Make sure to be on time. If you are going to be a few minutes later than when we plan to start, just call ahead to reserve your spot and make sure you have your money when you arrive. Remember it's a smash con sponsored event so come to get your points for Brawl singles.
awww can we go??? please gunner, can we, can wee???

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'd like to go to the Albany tourney, but are any other brawlers even going?

We have 14 confirmed in the facebook event. I'm pretty sure it's mainly casuals, no smashboards people. If anything, people from BR should be going to this so they can get some free money. I sure as hell am not entering unless there is a desperate need for entrants. So come get yer money.

Edit: If no one comes then Brawlman is going to take 1st place. :p

D

Deleted member

I have always told new people to play shiek. Jiggs might also be a good choice but I would still say shiek.

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
insomniiac, can you tell me a bit about ZSS? Like what to do if I get caught with a dsmash, and what i should watch out for in general. I use a lot of fair with MK too, is that easy for her to punish? Posting here in case anyone else has random tips. Thanks man :)

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
insomniiac, can you tell me a bit about ZSS? Like what to do if I get caught with a dsmash, and what i should watch out for in general. I use a lot of fair with MK too, is that easy for her to punish? Posting here in case anyone else has random tips. Thanks man :)

Fair is good, but nado is better. It's really hard for ZSS to deal with. Play her and read about her, so you can truly understand the limits of her recovery. Once you do this, you'll be able to gimp her at least once or twice a set, especially as MK. For example if you know she has no second jump and cant flipkick above you, grab the ledge and she's dead.
If you don't get hit by d-smash (20 frame startup..) then its pretty hard for her to kill you. Just try to stay grounded until you can get under her in the air.

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice

Just spam nado on the ground and uair when shes above you. watch out for her side b because it goes threw your everything but it's really easy to bait and punish.When you have her offstage spam dair to gimp her. When shes on the ledge just keep your shield up 9/10 zsses will try for ledge get up attack just shield grab it or punish with dsmash. Even if she picks another option all of her moves can be shielded and punished with grounded shuttle loop. Aside from all that just get the timing down and perfect shield dsmashes. Zss is super free trust me

Top Bottom