• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

-Ran

Smash Master
Drugs are bad m'kay, except not really.
For the first 22 years of my life, I avoided even sipping alcohol, much less smoking or doing drugs. I tried alcohol a few times, but never to the point of becoming drunk. As a person, I found that my ego demanded that I have full control/recollection of what I'm doing, or what I've done. I consider it my coping mechanism for reality. With that said, I lived the first twenty some odd years of my life actively avoiding anyone that involved themselves in either of those vices. Eventually, I realized that the list of potential good friends I had was drastically dwindling to nothing due to the harsh standards that I was imposing upon everyone else.

Drugs aren't bad, at least not in the capacity that we're speaking about. Pot is essentially the alcohol of this generation, and the only reason it isn't legalized is because most people are content to allow their second hand smoke be an issue. If everyone just used water bongs, etc this wouldn't be an issue. I personally, cannot stand the smell of pot to the point where it gives me a migraine. However, if I held myself to the standards of avoidance that I did in years prior, I'd have lost out on so many good friends. I wouldn't be able to even play Smash, ever.

Curlz, part of growing up is learning to temper your expectations, and coming to terms with what you're going to overlook when it comes to a person's flaws. The older people become, the more scars they have from their past, and the greater the hold of their vices. The worst thing you can be is a hypocrite.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Yes, Curlz, it makes you a huge hypocrite.

Lol, my phone autocapitalizes Curlz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9cT_fzYtlo

Yeah ur a hypocrite Curlz. You judge people for being unsober yet you do it. Honestly to add to your hypocrisy as well, you are a devout Christian. Christians believe that God is the only one with the right to judge man, yet you openly judge people on an unhealthily regular basis. This ain't twitter but #justsaying.

Try meditating, in the Japanese fashion for hours. It helps.

@Ran Iji, pot isn't legal because the government hasn't devised a maximum profit machine for it yet.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Its not like I'm trying to be a hypocrite. I'm mainly just curious as to why I'm feeling this way.

I know none of you are psychologists and/or can ACTUALLY answer that, but I'm sure some of you could help.

-Ran

Smash Master
Your morals [social expectations of your family, religion, etc] are conflicting with the reality that you live in and the actions that you take. Man has the innate ability to condemn others, even if the shades of their actions reciprocate with deeds that they have done personally.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
^ Very much so.

Read that and stopped. The human brain doesn't stop developing till somewhere around 25. Even after that 'who you are' is constantly changing with every experience you have.
True tl;dr spirit of tl;dr

And by tl;dr I mean Truth Learning; Definitely Real

This thread is a soap opera
I irlol'd

Curlz, part of growing up is learning to temper your expectations, and coming to terms with what you're going to overlook when it comes to a person's flaws. The older people become, the more scars they have from their past, and the greater the hold of their vices.
Excellent. Couldn't have said it better.

Try meditating, in the Japanese fashion for hours. It helps.

@Ran Iji, pot isn't legal because the government hasn't devised a maximum profit machine for it yet.
1- This

2- LOL And this too, sadly.

I know none of you are psychologists and/or can ACTUALLY answer that, but I'm sure some of you could help.
Truth is, the people here are most likely better than psychologists. They more than likely have actually been in your specific situation, can relate to you, are from the same community so you'll take them more seriously, and give you advice for free from their kindness as opposed to their profit/publicity.
Not saying you should always consult your friends only for advice like this, because sometimes you do need a mental health professional if things get serious or you don't feel comfortable talking about something going on with your friends, but it's more grounding (and a lot cheaper) to get advice from your (intelligent) friends when you need it and it's not a serious situation.

Hyro

Smash Lord
terrible line, terrible song. Prolly gonna make it my fb status sometime tom tho.
lmfao yes!

So I'm gonna rant to you guys real quick. You do not have to read if you do not want to. I'm just in a weird mood to where I need to get my feelings across high.
fixd

butttttttttt for realsies? I used to do that too. It goes away in time after you see all the ins and outs of smoking lol. Still to this day, whenever someone teaches me something new about weed...a new term...new way to smoke...I consider them potheads. I judge them. But potheads are alright in my book so it's a good judge lmao. You're always gonna judge people and people are always gonna judge you. Just keep it to yourself...in your case so you don't seem like a hypocrite lol.

I judged you for that post btw. Breaking up with girls for smoking?! Those are the ones you're supposed to date dummy

Sudai

Stuff here
Soooo, people that go/went to LSU. Questions about parking.

Better to get a permit and park in school then walk around or is the bus thing useful? Any good spots to park around campus near a shuttle?

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Honestly, if you're a commuter, the parking tags are actually the furthest spots on campus while still being considered "on campus". The exception is the parking lot off Highland kind of in the middle of campus, but that lot's usually full by about 8:00 or 8:30.

Honestly though, it's still better than the bus in my opinion. A little bit of walking never hurt anyone... I don't think. Don't quote me on that. >.>

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Soooo, people that go/went to LSU. Questions about parking.

Better to get a permit and park in school then walk around or is the bus thing useful? Any good spots to park around campus near a shuttle?
If you live close enough to a bus route, then hell yeah, take the bus. I made it 5 years without parking on campus one time (before 4:30pm). Now, if you don't live near campus it gets a little tricky. I used to park at an apt complex in the visitor's parking and jump on the bus from there. I don't know any other good spots to park for free then jump on the bus, but I've never really looked.

Curlz, don't ****in judge anyone. It's as simple as that. Life isn't black and white. I'm pretty ****in awesome, and I drink all the time. If their choices start affecting the way they behave all the time, then you can choose to leave em alone. Course, this is all my opinion, so you can also choose to ignore it.

Alright, quick question. Doin a little testicular research. From personal experience, is the ball that hangs lower opposite from the side of your body that you keep your wallet? (ex. left ball is lower, right pocket keeps wallet). Of course this only applies to people who keep wallets in their back pockets and folks with balls.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
The majority of good music, fine art, and literature is in some way drug influenced. Just saying

I am so salty about loosing to that Turdrock kid, hung over johns plus I'll **** him next time.

Curlz, looks like I'll see you tomorrow night.

And dragon person, why do you post in blue?

Turazrok

Smash Master
The majority of good music, fine art, and literature is in some way drug influenced. Just saying

I am so salty about loosing to that Turdrock kid, hung over johns plus I'll **** him next time.

Curlz, looks like I'll see you tomorrow night.

Why are your socks so wet?

65:35 MU in your favor.

Plus if you knew there was a tournament the next day why'd you get drunk?

Pshh learn from mango's example.

D

Deleted member

went to a tournament after staying up all night tripping. hangover is for ****ies.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Because I can, and because I want to.

[collapse=Real reason]I post in blue because it's an option, it's there, it's allowed, it's readable with an added 0.0000000000000000001% of effort, and because I like blue. It also helps me see who's more tolerant than other people, in general. Their opinion on my blue text gives me a window to how they see things, whether they are more tolerant or more easily annoyed, and how they may take things in the future. Deep, I know. I like it. It's much more interesting when there's more than only one reason for something.

I also really like blue.
[/collapse]

'V'

Smash Lord
Went to a HOBO after staying up all night. Had to drive all the way back on no sleep the very next night after midnight.

I'm sure Xyro's gonna namesearch or HOBOsearch this. Either way, he's gonna come here soon.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Because I can, and because I want to.

[collapse=Real reason]I post in blue because it's an option, it's there, it's allowed, it's readable with an added 0.0000000000000000001% of effort, and because I like blue. It also helps me see who's more tolerant than other people, in general. Their opinion on my blue text gives me a window to how they see things, whether they are more tolerant or more easily annoyed, and how they may take things in the future. Deep, I know. I like it. It's much more interesting when there's more than only one reason for something.

I also really like blue.
[/collapse]
I'm gonna call bull**** on the real reason...there's no way you thought that out before everyone started *****ing LOL

And time adds up. All that time you waste changing your posts to blue could be used...uh...not changing your to posts blue.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
Plus if you knew there was a tournament the next day why'd you get drunk?
Cause **** it, why not? Going out was way more fun, anyway it was just a john.

So what dose my comment about your blue text say about my personality Dragon?
psychoanalyze me!

Edit: Just went back a few pages a realized Sapphire Dragon is a chick. lol

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Challenge Accepted.
*Nods*

I'm gonna call bull**** on the real reason...there's no way you thought that out before everyone started *****ing LOL

And time adds up. All that time you waste changing your posts to blue could be used...uh...not changing your to posts blue.
Lmao XD More like there's no way you'd ever believe that I could actually think something like that out. Also, this isn't the first thread I've ever posted in in my life, there have been others before actually. But none of them acted like.... this thread has about the blue color. Lawl XD

All the time you waste being annoyed at my blue posts could be used... uh... not being annoyed.

;)

I don't see why people ***** about the blue text. People see blue things every day. It's not an uncommon color.
Vaughn, so true. It's more amusing to me that it keeps being brought up despite the fact that it's really not a big deal. XD

So what dose my comment about your blue text say about my personality Dragon?
psychoanalyze me!
XD

I don't even need the blue text comment to know that you're pretty interesting, seeing as you're the only person on any forum that's referred to me as Dragon before. Lol

Hyro

Smash Lord
*Nods*

Lmao XD More like there's no way you'd ever believe that I could actually think something like that out. Also, this isn't the first thread I've ever posted in in my life, there have been others before actually. But none of them acted like.... this thread has about the blue color. Lawl XD

All the time you waste being annoyed at my blue posts could be used... uh... not being annoyed.
wait waaaat? ive never once said I was annoyed by it lol. Actually I love it. I can be an complete ******* to you and everyone thinks its called for!!! :) you fat ****ing cuntface!

WHOA CUNTFACE ISN'T CENSORED **** YES

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Lol. Cuntface.

I unblocked s to try read her blue explanation (had to know why put in the extra effort just to be annoying) and realized that the coloring isn't bad if you turn the iPhone sideways or zoom in. For some reason, on normal view it comes out to dark blue text on top of a black background.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :o

That would explain things then! Didn't know there was a difference like that, so now I know why sometimes people can't read it on their iPhones. It was that simple. o.o

Top Bottom