• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I should pay more attention in the Shack. Didn't even realize you were up for nomination. LOL

Grats~

PT Boards?
Yep yep, PT boards.

On a HeartGold note, I got a shiny leaf while EV Training my Metapod.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Didn't we all make fun of some noob for making a blog post in AiB about how he got mindgamed hardcore style by a trash talker?

Lee, back to the old avatar? What is that, anyway?
Ignore that. I understand what you mean I think.... Someone was talking trash while you were playing someone else? The trash talker wasn't playing?

D

Deleted member

freddy you dont want to go. stop lying to yourself.
i want me some sex. no ladies are here right now. sad face.
i would buy heartgold but i have 2 ds's and neither of them work. super gay. ill just emulate it in like 2 weeks.
i think i had something reasonable to say but i forgot....

Curlz

Smash Lord
Can anyone who has a copy of HGSS with WiFi PM me please. I need help getting the Spikey Eared Pichu.

Thank you Zigsta. :]

mastermajora

Smash Rookie
Who the **** won the pokemon tournament? I missed out two chances to win Pokemon today and gotta go to religion for a full weekend, so I'm taking all of that frustration and showing up at Spring Smash.
john because i made a mispredict in the finals :(

r0ni

Smash Cadet
hyro, you not bi, and i love you.

but not really cuz you have no friends

but not really cuz your a great guy.

except not really

ya f a g o t

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Uh, if a player is being trashtalked by someone not playing, he has the right, no, the responsibility to elbow that muh****a. Oughtta be a rule, I think the BRoom is talkin about it now. However, if a player is being trashtalked by another player and he goes on tilt, he's a *****. Yeah, I said it.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I mean, I know its part of the game to trash talk others. But if its something like the finals or a serious money match, don't talk to the players if you're only watching because they need to focus. I can't listen to my ipod or anything because I need to hear the game in order to concentrate (and talk to my tam mate if its dubs). I'm not saying its a rule, but please respect the players because I know you woulf hate us to do it to you.

(/not calling out who we're talking to)

Sudai

Stuff here
Curlz, get some RCA splitters, an RCA > Headphone converter, and some headphones that you can adjust the volume on. Now you can listen to the game on headphones and not remove the sound from the TV. *actually has (had) all of that (no longer have the RCA splitters x.x)*

It's very useful.

Oh, and I kind of lied earlier. I don't think -nothing- should be said during a match, though I think trash talking the players (as said before, trash talking the person you're playing against is fine) is horribly wrong. Oh's and Ah's are fine, and light commentary is fine, however I think full out commentary should be done in a way where the players can't hear; such as on a live stream where the steam set-up is out of earshot.

Actually, this brings me to something I've always wanted to do with finals (and possibly semi/quarter-finals at big tournies). Have a game set-up in an enclosed room and split the feed, one to their TV, one leading outside. Outside that feed could be split for the stream and a HUGE TV(a projector would probably be easier, but yeah XD) for everyone to watch on (probably smaller ones too depending on splitter numbers and size of tourney and what not) that way the players have their own private place to play and everyone still gets to watch.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Actually, this brings me to something I've always wanted to do with finals (and possibly semi/quarter-finals at big tournies). Have a game set-up in an enclosed room and split the feed, one to their TV, one leading outside. Outside that feed could be split for the stream and a HUGE TV(a projector would probably be easier, but yeah XD) for everyone to watch on (probably smaller ones too depending on splitter numbers and size of tourney and what not) that way the players have their own private place to play and everyone still gets to watch.
That's actually gonna [most likely] happen at my event that I'm planning.

Edit: Hey Vaughn, I named my Spiky Eared pichu after you. :D

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm sorry Turaz for being mean yesterday; I was in a really bad mood. But for realz, I do very poorly when people talk to me during a match. xDD inb4 everyone talks to me while playing me.

Turazrok

Smash Master
(/not calling out who we're talking to)
Ok, first off. I only **** talked batto cause I thought he was sandbagging his *** off. Secondly, curlz, you do me another one, and attempt to coach my opponents to victory by telling them where to cp, what to ban, and what to expect. Suck a ****. Thirdly, Taylor, where you at? Finally, I have a massive sunburn on my face, your argument is invalid.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Ok, first off. I only **** talked batto cause I thought he was sandbagging his *** off. Secondly, curlz, you do me another one, and attempt to coach my opponents to victory by telling them where to cp, what to ban, and what to expect. Suck a ****. Thirdly, Taylor, where you at? Finally, I have a massive sunburn on my face, your argument is invalid.
I said I was sorry. :[[[ dun be mad

Turazrok

Smash Master
I said I was sorry. :[[[ dun be mad
What? I was never mad at you. You had a perfectly legitamite reason to be mad at me though. I was confused at first because you had about 2 hours to confront me about this at the tourney and you didn't, and I didn't see any intimation of you being angered. I'm sorta annoyed with Curlz because he has talked to me during matches, and has tried to indirectly make me lose. At FFF I had just taken game 1 against blaine, was kinda nervous, Curlz walks up," MAD HYPE!!!!!" Thanks. Then I'm playing Eva( this also happened during my match at CI2 with S Ryu) He walks over and gives them tips and info on how I play and all this junk. I mean he might be joking but really?

Bottom line: imad.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Alright, I think Sudai said it best. Trash talk is reserved for the two people participating in the match. I'd go as far to say that if one person is really bothered and asks nicely for the person to stop, he should. It's all good. What's one tournament anyway?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What's this, Battou sandbags in friendlies now?

Battou, I'm so proud.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm sorta annoyed with Curlz because he has talked to me during matches, and has tried to indirectly make me lose. At FFF I had just taken game 1 against blaine, was kinda nervous, Curlz walks up," MAD HYPE!!!!!" Thanks. Then I'm playing Eva( this also happened during my match at CI2 with S Ryu) He walks over and gives them tips and info on how I play and all this junk. I mean he might be joking but really?
You knew you were gonna win against S Ryu and Eva. I just thought I would boost their confidence a little before they got destroyed by an Oli. Also, you beat Blaine in a match to make it 1-0, of course there should be mad hype.

I'm sorry if I offended you or anything. I'll back off.

Turazrok

Smash Master
You knew you were gonna win against S Ryu and Eva. I just thought I would boost their confidence a little before they got destroyed by an Oli. Also, you beat Blaine in a match to make it 1-0, of course there should be mad hype.

I'm sorry if I offended you or anything. I'll back off.
As long as you don't start doing it to my high risk matches( Batto, BSL, Tyler,Batto, Icemann,Batto, Flounda, Batto) I'm fine with it.

eet

Smash Ace
I dont mind trash talking but sometimes its obnoxious when Im fighting a higher tier character and some third person party reminds them about a chain grab or a combo and I get reverse three stocked : (

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
:( i taught my falcon CPU AI to offstage falcon punch. he suicides sometimes.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be at Dibbz this weekend with like 4 laffy players. Mad Hype indeed.

Where is everyone at on their pokemon games and what's your team? xD

Top Bottom