• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
hey guys, im getting this thing that will let me record my matches on my computer, so i can upload them onto youtube. is there any certain level cpu i should play against? and matchups that wolf is bad against so i can work on those? just general tips so i can get the best of training for my first round of videos.

also, if i can make it to LOST, i can bring 2 GC controllers. i dont use mine. and ill let turok borrow them to bring to LSU friday if i can remember.

also, also, is tekken 6 any good? i saw a commercial for it today and it looked pretty cool. you guys have any thoughts?

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
You should upload our epic WiFi matches BSL. :p
didnt save them, lol. but yea, how should i go about practicing?

how exactly does this thread suck though? i mean, its doing what it was supposed to do.... its a spam dump. just stay away from it like sudai. any important info will make its way over to the official thread.

Curlz

Smash Lord
You should make sure the sign (and your thread as well) say: BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS!
Jeff is in charge of the sign and he has to advertise for 3 tournaments that day. I don't think bringing controllers is his biggest concern. If we all pitch in to bring controllers it shouldn't (hopefully wont) be a problem like last time.

I have 4 that I'm bringing this time.

also, JNig, can you make a Flier for LOST please?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
hey guys, im getting this thing that will let me record my matches on my computer, so i can upload them onto youtube. is there any certain level cpu i should play against? and matchups that wolf is bad against so i can work on those? just general tips so i can get the best of training for my first round of videos.

also, if i can make it to LOST, i can bring 2 GC controllers. i dont use mine. and ill let turok borrow them to bring to LSU friday if i can remember.

also, also, is tekken 6 any good? i saw a commercial for it today and it looked pretty cool. you guys have any thoughts?
I wouldn't recommend putting "training sessions" on youtube, especially against a computer.

Please remember to give those controllers to him. I'm pretty sure they will be needed.

Tekken 6: Pretty fun, imo. I like it and most of the Tekken series, but that's just me.

Wall combos cheap, though.

EDIT: Curlz, I guess so...

Curlz

Smash Lord
Thanks.
I was always a fan of Tekken. Not so much the fighting, but more of the story. I'm interested to see what happens in this game. I might end up renting it to play for a week to see what's up.

BSL, get replays from people you play online, not from a CPU. You'll get flamed out of the *** if you play against CPUs.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Yea playing against a CPU takes away the validity of what you're doing. You can use friendlies, if you want. Posting the vids in a critique thread can get you some tips and tricks. Just don't go posting you 3-stocking someone 5 times in friendlies. You won't learn anything that way.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
oh, i wouldnt post anything like that. and thanks, ill save some matches. and apparently when i lose, those are better to post?

who is going to lost that i can get a ride with?

Curlz

Smash Lord
Posting our friendlies would be a good start for the critique forums.

Maybe you can go on All is Brawl and get some people to play against too.

eet

Smash Ace
The ice we skate is getting pretty thin, The waters getting warm so you might as well swim. My world's on fire how about yours? That's the way I like it and I never get bored.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Guys, you have to stop sucking. Quit talking about stupid bull**** and for once someone come up with something interesting to talk about.

And the noobs.... STOP IT YOU NOOOBBS!!!! I CAAN'T HANDLE IT! IM LOOSING MY MIND!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Guys, you have to stop sucking. Quit talking about stupid bull**** and for once someone come up with something interesting to talk about.

And the noobs.... STOP IT YOU NOOOBBS!!!! I CAAN'T HANDLE IT! IM LOOSING MY MIND!
You're wasting your time. Just stick to the REAL LA thread, this one is beyond saving.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I didn't want to believe it. Folks have been saying this thread is dead for months, some for years, and I'd say "well, you're posting here, so it's clearly not dead." But they weren't saying it was dead because they didn't like posting here, they said it because they wanted the tards to stop talking so **** much about nothing. First you morons got us kicked out of the ATL South, now it's just a PM between you few *******s. Except it's not private, we're forced to see it because we're like "oh, wonder what's goin on in the LA thread. ****, nothin but noobs."
I'm not one to make rules, since I love the freedom of this thread and I've had infractions on three separate occasions. I will, however, make a request. Either PM each other for real, or just stop posting so **** much. Both would be fine. It's not the quality of the posts, no, it's the quantity that gets me.

Edit: Side note, Sudai, would you support gay rights if I were up for grabs?

-Ran

Smash Master
I now have a capture card. When I have infinite replay on [aka always] I'm going to bring a notepad to place near my Wii. Write down the character you used, your opponent, stage, and time if you want something recorded.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Alright, since we have a little quiet this morning (hopefully), I'll pose a question. If you had one inspirational saying, or some sage hypothesis, or one dying sentence, what would it be? What is the phrase you would want to be remembered by?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I now have a capture card. When I have infinite replay on [aka always] I'm going to bring a notepad to place near my Wii. Write down the character you used, your opponent, stage, and time if you want something recorded.
You're bringing your gear to LasT, right? I would most definitely love to get some more videos up.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I hate to make a ****ty post after iceman's rant, but I would have to go with "The Game"

edit: unless the situation called for "The King of the Baptists!!!!"
It's not the quality of the posts, it's the quantity.

The last thing you would say (or the most important in a given situation) would involve the Game? (which, incidentally, I just lost).

And anyone who calls me on this post, I'll slit your throat. You know what the **** I'm talkin about.

Edit: For Vaughn's following post, since I don't want to start a new one. I can take the quality. There's a difference between being stupid and being annoying. Unfortunately, not everyone can be awesome all the time.

ChKn

Smash Ace
LA should just get a chatroom or just use AIM.

I asked a few this question (more for the experienced and state tournament placers) already IRL: How long did it take you to get to your skill level? I know it's more about who you play, but how long did it take you for your Brawl skills to come full circle and you get that "click" in your head?

I would like to develop my mindset towards the game, so I can be successful down the road. In addition, I would like to base the Lafayette community around a similar focus, so that we can compete with the BR/NO people at a very high level rather than see us at the bottom of the tournament results.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I didn't want to believe it. Folks have been saying this thread is dead for months, some for years, and I'd say "well, you're posting here, so it's clearly not dead." But they weren't saying it was dead because they didn't like posting here, they said it because they wanted the tards to stop talking so **** much about nothing. First you morons got us kicked out of the ATL South, now it's just a PM between you few *******s. Except it's not private, we're forced to see it because we're like "oh, wonder what's goin on in the LA thread. ****, nothin but noobs."
I'm not one to make rules, since I love the freedom of this thread and I've had infractions on three separate occasions. I will, however, make a request. Either PM each other for real, or just stop posting so **** much. Both would be fine. It's not the quality of the posts, no, it's the quantity that gets me.

Sudai

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
la Should Just Get A chatroom or Just Use Aim.
Ya See? Chat Room!

i Asked A Few This Question (more For The Experienced And State Tournament Placers) Already Irl: How Long Did It Take You To Get To Your Skill Level? I Know It's More About Who You Play, But How Long Did It Take You For Your Brawl Skills To Come Full Circle And You Get That "click" In Your Head?
For me, it took a few months before everything "clicked." I would say a little after I picked up Wario. Making mistakes, getting punished for making them, and recognizing these mistakes are very key. We as a community have helped each other by pointing out mistakes and giving out tips to others, and the ones who actually take that stuff to heart tend to do much better.

I Would Like To Develop My Mindset Towards The Game, So I Can Be Successful Down The Road. In Addition, I Would Like To Base The Lafayette Community Around A Similar Focus, So That We Can Compete With The Br/no People At A Very High Level Rather Than See Us At The Bottom Of The Tournament Results.
A very noble effort. The thing is, going back to my statement about mistakes, you have to play good people who will punish you for those mistakes, or even point them out to you. I had Hyro point A LOT of things out to me, and my brother and I would (attempt to) give each other advice.

No offense to anyone in Laffy, but if you're playing the same people that you can get away with a lot of stuff against, or if there's no communication between anyone, then it may prove very diffucult to actually get better.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm looking to borrow a TV that can fit into the trunk of my car that I can take to Houston this weekend.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
No offense to anyone in Laffy, but if you're playing the same people that you can get away with a lot of stuff against, or if there's no communication between anyone, then it may prove very diffucult to actually get better.
Ahh, the benefits I will get from moving to Covington. >=)

Slidel and NOLA to play at my will.

ChKn

Smash Ace
We just need to kindap one of you guys. We just need a higher level of guys to trickle down. Sadly, we'd only have those one or two get togethers per month to actually see what we need to improve on. The rest is purely up to what we saw before and have the self-discipline to act upon it.

-Ran

Smash Master
Go out of state, it makes you a million times better. Tomorrow I leave the state with a mediocre Marth, and when I return it shall be a total beast that eclipses my Snake in every facet of the game.

Curlz

Smash Lord
If you want you can borrow my TV. You have to pass through Lafayette to get to Houston anyway. I can meet you wherever.

Top Bottom