• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
aww, whats wrong sudai? spam overload? lol.... i hate when i run out of dr pepper.

oh, and turok, make sure you dont abuse that dsmash. you might look like me and my wolf's fsmash....:p

turok, when the hell are you getting wifi? im starting to get annoyed.... i swear, im going to go to your house and make it work. i have a wireless thing that you can borrow.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Lol, you're getting to be a dsmasher too, I went over to Quinn's place today, and I was playing turbl.

eet

Smash Ace
What if when we die, we wake up to find life is actually an elaborate video game, with a precondition of entering the game being the removal of our memory and the illusion of consciousness? With our parents and people like Shakespeare and Ghandi just chillin and checking out other types of reality games. I'd have to give Jesus, Ben Franklin and Tupac a Good-Job. But a wtf at Hitler's game...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
What if when we die, we wake up to find life is actually an elaborate video game, with a precondition of entering the game being the removal of our memory and the illusion of consciousness? With our parents and people like Shakespeare and Ghandi just chillin and checking out other types of reality games. I'd have to give Jesus, Ben Franklin and Tupac a Good-Job. But a wtf at Hitler's game...
10:psycho:

Turazrok

Smash Master
Sadly, I debated this with myself in 2nd grade

Turazrok

Smash Master
Bus rides were lonely aFfairs. Long too.. I was bored and this was before smashboards.

Curlz

Smash Lord
All from Facebook:

facebook said:
Jared Curlz Gay Rights. What are your views?
52 minutes ago · Comment · Like / Unlike
Brice Landry
Brice Landry
no marriage.
50 minutes ago · Delete
Jared Curlz
Jared Curlz
Care to explain?
49 minutes ago · Delete
Ashlee P. Trahan
Ashlee P. Trahan
pro.
45 minutes ago · Delete
Brice Landry
Brice Landry
no, but since you asked, marriage is a religious institution. civil unions are fine, just don't impose it upon the church. considering we look down upon it.
41 minutes ago · Delete
Jared Curlz
Jared Curlz
Homosexual people deserve some sort of marital status. The first amendment in the constitution says, but isn't limited to, Freedom of Press, Religion, and Expression. why should homosexual people have to abide by the Christian standpoint when we are free to worship whatever we want, which includes not worshiping anything.
Most arguments about Gay ... Read MoreRights are religious. Why is that? When they have Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Expression, why are they being held back by a religious standpoint?
35 minutes ago · Delete
Ashlee P. Trahan
Ashlee P. Trahan
arguing that marriage is a religious institution would argue that every union which is made only civility; gay or straight, shouldn't be called marriage at all. meaning, if two straight people only have a piece of government document with their signatures on it, they aren't married. they're in a civil union.
34 minutes ago · Delete
Brice Landry
Brice Landry
it's christian doctrine that prohibits gay marriage. if they choose to be catholic, or christian for that matter, they accept the fact that marriage is between man and woman. arguments against gay marriage are religious because marriage is religious. i agree with what ashlee just said. if you don't practice christianity or judaism you shouldn't get married, considering it was from those religions whence marriage came.
31 minutes ago · Delete
Ashlee P. Trahan
Ashlee P. Trahan
but, what i mean to say, is that people who don't have a religion still consider themselves "married". the word itself is in fact latin, irreligious, "maritatre", "to give in a union". therefore, whatever you want to call it, two people together with a document between them may be called, correctly, "married" or "unions of the civil government".
26 minutes ago · Delete
Monique Soileau
Monique Soileau
if its only a religious institution then atheists can't marry either. and there should be separate laws for each religion of each marriage. since in Islamic cultures its o.k. to beat your wife but illegal in the us are you still allowed since it ok in your religion? it boils down to government again. Religion can not dictate the community laws. ... Read MoreSure keep them out of ur church but that doesn't mean they can't have a recognized legal marital status in the U.S. Why should they be denied rights that the government, not the church, recognizes in marriages? its not the church that's the problem its the prejudice showed by our government towards homosexual union.
23 minutes ago · Delete
Brice Landry
Brice Landry
Well then the problem comes with our definition of marriage. As defined by the Catholic church, it would be the union of a man and woman. If you work from the Latin word, then yes, they could correctly be considered married. But marriage as most people view it today is derived from its Jewish roots; that is, the joining of a man and woman. ... Read MoreTherefore the only way to correct this discrepancy would be to set a standard definition for marriage. I'm in full support of civil unions with the same rights as marriages, just not under the same name. Marriage comes from religion, it should stay that way.
21 minutes ago · Delete
Brice Landry
Brice Landry
and yes Monique, i agree that atheists shouldn't be allowed to be married. a civil union could serve the same purpose, with the same celebration, as long as it's not in the church. And as for Islamic wife beatings, i believe religious doctrine should prevail so long as it doesn't disrupt the community or an individuals well-being, which beating one's wife would clearly violate.
19 minutes ago · Delete
Monique Soileau
Monique Soileau
marriage in the U.S. should be defined by the U.s. government if its going to A) tax it and B) control it. and the u.s. is neutral and takes no religious standpoint. (or its not supposed too) thus if are able to place your status as married in the government, it should be judged by an equal ruling, not based on religion. All people should have to share the same "union" not "marriage" if they are going to tax you on it.
16 minutes ago · Delete
Jared Curlz
Jared Curlz
Brice, what you are thinking of is Matrimony, not Marriage. Matrimony is what happens in a church. Marriage, even by the Merriam-Webster dictionary, means "an intimate or close union". Why are Gay people not allowed to be married. They aren't allowed to have an intimate or close union?
16 minutes ago · Delete
Ashlee P. Trahan
Ashlee P. Trahan
if there should be a generic, governmental, sole definition for "marriage" it should be derived from the intentional root. to say "as most people view it today is derived from its Jewish roots; that is, the joining of a man and woman." is a sided opinion and not a fact. the fact lays in the dictionary, not in the bible. i say this from a legal standpoint alone, with no opinions interjected.
15 minutes ago · Delete
Monique Soileau
Monique Soileau
but civil union ARE NOT the same. there are 158 rights received with a married and a documented 98-105 in a civil union. example would be insurance, hospital rights, sharing of adopted children or children from a separate union. no shared income taxes or even paper work and you can not declare yourself married under the u.s. government.
14 minutes ago · Delete
Monique Soileau
Monique Soileau
you are punished for not following a religious ruling.
12 minutes ago · Delete
Brice Landry
Brice Landry
hm, I'll agree with Jared and call what I'm talking about Matrimony. If that's the case then I have no problem with gay 'marriage'. the big problem comes in because most people against gay unions consider marriage and matrimony as interchangeable. if we agree to separate the terms matrimony and marriage then marriage is just another word for civil union and it's all good by me. civil unions and marriage should then receive equal status. thanks for clearing that up ninja.
11 minutes ago · Delete
Brice Landry
Brice Landry
i guess this entire arguement wasn't over gay rights, but over gay marriage.
8 minutes ago · Delete
Jared Curlz
Jared Curlz
Which is the main argument for Gay Rights. To give homosexual people the right to be married.
8 minutes ago · Delete
Brice Landry
Brice Landry
okay fine, over the definition of marriage then.
7 minutes ago · Delete
John Clostio
John Clostio
instead of them getting married, they can be butt buddies. instead of man and wife, it'll just be butt buddy and butt buddy.
6 minutes ago · Delete
Jared Curlz
Jared Curlz
What about lesbians?
5 minutes ago · Delete
John Clostio
John Clostio
who cares about some ****ing dykes.
4 minutes ago · Delete
Jared Curlz
Jared Curlz
Win.
4 minutes ago · Delete

TL;DR ::

Pro Gay Rights: 1
Con Gay Rights: 0

Turazrok

Smash Master
Seriously, yall should just go into a chat room or something. That would be beneficial to us all.
Social thread................. Do you care about it? I thought you and the other cool people lurked the other thread. :D

'V'

Smash Lord
What the hell happened here? It's like a train wreck...

*Sigh* "Go back to the beginning..."

Style points go to whomever gets that reference.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
"What is reality" would've been much more stimulating.

Holy ****, my sig doesn't work anymore. Well, that's good enough reason to make another one.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Had clubs today at school and today was my day for Video Game club and I David asked me when the next tourny was so I looked at a calendar and planned with him to have one on the 21st.

I figure assuming we have a turnout like we did last time, we can get singles over with and other events. The remaining time can be used for casual play, friendlies, mentor-pupil training sessions, etc. you know, just to unwind and what not the weekend before the big tourny.

Also Since it is the weekend before LasT4, I know you guys are going to want to save up alot of money for LasT4 and don't want to spend alot of money at a relatively small tourny so what I'm going to do is this: the only fee you will have is for singles which will be $5 (he still doesn't want a venue fee so until then we will keep it at $5) and after singles is done, we can do side events like teams, crews, low tier, etc for free if you guys would like.

Thoughts or comments?

Top Bottom