• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Metaknight is not a joke, he is a super character. And like it or not he's part of the brawl metagame. I choose to play him because he is the fastest and strongest character and it doesnt take seven minutes to play a match. That's my honest personal opinion, but what in the world is wrong with you dude? You sound like you're having a temper tantrum chill out.

And so what if someone ***** me while im metaknight and they are not, it happened at least 20 times last night when I was playing with lee. I don't care it's a video game bro.
Nah nothing is wrong with me, but it does seem to annoy me(a lot of others) when so many players join the MK Bandwagon. :ohwell:

You hear the same "He's godly" "He's a super char" "He's the strongest" comments all the time. Sonic is the fastest, one of the heavyweights or Snake would be the strongest and it doesn't take every other character 7 min to finish a match. And really, unless you're M2K or Dojo or whoever else, he isn't much of a "super" character. :dizzy:

My honest opinion is that people need to stick to getting better with so-and-so and quit using MK as an easy way out or whatever way others would put it. I'm not going to force you to use a certain character, that's your choice, but imo MK is a joke in that sense. In the Kirby series, he's an enjoyable character, now he's just an annoyance. :laugh:

Edit: Bare with me....I'm bored here and have nothing to do.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
i agree. diddy kong is quite annoying. i would say more annoying that mk. stupid bananas. if you dont pay attention, you trip and the banana moves away, and when you roll to get up, you land on it again. it makes me want to stop, put down my controller, and punch the kid in the face....

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
reminds me alot of ditty kong and I'm sure many people here will agree with me.
Could say the same about a lot of the cast really and I'll admit that even Diddy is up there on the annoyance list, but you don't see people jumping on the bandwagon and a ****load of new Diddys appearing out of nowhere claiming "Omg him and his naners are so godly" "Diddy is the best b/c you slip" and blah blah blah just to get out of getting better with another character ;)

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Iyte maneee, how aboutt.. my MK vs your main for like three dollars?
I say 5 since I hate MMs that aren't $1 or a multiple of five, I'm OCD.

Smash sucks.

Play games that actually have balance.
WoW has balance like you wouldn't believe but ppl hate it without understanding.

Nah nothing is wrong with me, but it does seem to annoy me(a lot of others) when so many players join the MK Bandwagon. :ohwell:

You hear the same "He's godly" "He's a super char" "He's the strongest" comments all the time. Sonic is the fastest, one of the heavyweights or Snake would be the strongest and it doesn't take every other character 7 min to finish a match. And really, unless you're M2K or Dojo or whoever else, he isn't much of a "super" character. :dizzy:

My honest opinion is that people need to stick to getting better with so-and-so and quit using MK as an easy way out or whatever way others would put it. I'm not going to force you to use a certain character, that's your choice, but imo MK is a joke in that sense. In the Kirby series, he's an enjoyable character, now he's just an annoyance. :laugh:

Edit: Bare with me....I'm bored here and have nothing to do.
Meh, if you play to win then logic would advise you to use MK since all matches are either neutral or in your favor. I can't really knock wanting to use the best character. A lot of people also have the misconception that MK is easy to use which is not the case. He may not be the most complex character in Brawl but you still have to be skilled with him.

Sudai

Stuff here
I feel bad for people that think playing MK just to win is silly/a bad idea. If you want to play competitively, picking a top tier is mandatory. Trying to win a tournament with someone other than the top 3-5 characters in 90% of games (EVEN IN **** LIKE DIDDY KONG RACING!!), then you're not playing to win. "It's a game, you should have fun!" comments, while valid, tend to forget that some people enjoy winning in a competitive environment. That's -their- idea of fun. If you have any questions, please refer to Sirlin's playing to win article. It'll give you insight into the mind of these people.

PS: MK dittos are the only thing I actually enjoy watching in Brawl.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Everyone beats people with 4 of MK's moves.

Neutral B
Up B
DSmash
NAir

Fail. If you try to play MK like that you're gonna get ***** LOL.

At sudai, thanks for the evaluating on that topic, that's what I wanted to say but I couldn't find words for it at the time cause I was too high.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'm pleased with the progress that I'm making with my new character.

I feel bad for people that think playing MK just to win is silly/a bad idea. If you want to play competitively, picking a top tier is mandatory. Trying to win a tournament with someone other than the top 3-5 characters in 90% of games (EVEN IN **** LIKE DIDDY KONG RACING!!), then you're not playing to win. "It's a game, you should have fun!" comments, while valid, tend to forget that some people enjoy winning in a competitive environment. That's -their- idea of fun. If you have any questions, please refer to Sirlin's playing to win article. It'll give you insight into the mind of these people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

ChKn

Smash Ace
I guess I'll do some research on what gaming venues(or venues in general) in Lafayette that can be the a good place to just have some training sessions. The only place I can think of right now is PnT, but that one corner is gonna get cramped.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I know AB2 has people show up with games and stuff. during the Melee tournament there was a Guilty Gear setup. I can talk to the owner this weekend and see if we could have weekly / bi-weekly get-togethers to see if we can get some Lafayette players. :p

ChKn

Smash Ace
Make it on Sunday. :(.

I was thinking the Anime and Games store, but that place is kinda small as well. I haven't been to AB2 in quite some time, but I'll check it out.

I think I got some new players interested, but I can't really identify how good they are. I know that they know some stuff though. We need to get them up on some standard TVs and not on that PnT HDTVs.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Make it on Sunday. :(.

I was thinking the Anime and Games store, but that place is kinda small as well. I haven't been to AB2 in quite some time, but I'll check it out.

I think I got some new players interested, but I can't really identify how good they are. I know that they know some stuff though. We need to get them up on some standard TVs and not on that PnT HDTVs.
Anime and Games has the huge-azz back room for Card games. Maybe they would be willing to let us use a table for 1 or 2 smash setups.

There were some really good people at MechaCon, I wanna know where they went.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I found that the people who have picked up MK just to win suck ***. i.e. Curlz and Batto and some guy named VietGeek from Georgia, played him online with no lag and I kicked his ***.
I don't usually call people out on stuff like this, but are you implying that I suck? I'm pretty sure you've never beaten me in a tournament match, and I used Marth every time. :/// Not to mention, I don't really use MK. ****, I don't even use Marth. Peach is my girl.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I don't usually call people out on stuff like this, but are you implying that I suck? I'm pretty sure you've never beaten me in a tournament match, and I used Marth every time. :/// Not to mention, I don't really use MK. ****, I don't even use Marth. Peach is my girl.
What are talking about? You went straight MK at the last PnT.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Ooohhhh called out. I'm on a losing streak............ Never done so bad before..

Turazrok

Smash Master
Nowai??? That's so cool. I have trouble cuz I play him in melee, so I'm too offensive. But my fave is oos DS or DS out of cg. Or DS stage spike.

Top Bottom