• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

-Ran

Smash Master
I don't know the size of either of your tvs. To give you an idea, something akin to the size of Hyro's.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Blaise has alot of OoT experience. He said he was coming to LOST. Maybe once we start the get togethers we could help eac hother out. I know I help a lot of people out when I'm not playing.

Also, Mychal has gotten really good at Brawl lately, I could maybe convince him too.

Curlz

Smash Lord
My TV is always that small grey one at every tournament. I'm not sure how big Hyro's is, but I think mine is smaller than that. I'll go measure and let you know.

-----------------

For LOST I was able to convince Jeff to let us have cash prizes, but we will have to venue fee in order for that to happen. So I thought I'd ask; would you guys rather have a $5 entry fee with Store Credit, or a $10 Venue+Entry Fee with Cash Prizes?

-Ran

Smash Master
He should instead consider doing something like, "5% off of if you enter the tournament." He'll get more money from people coming to the tournaments that way, maybe.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I read and tried to understand Ran, but I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

He's only doing venue fees for the brawlers because we have the highest demand for cash. This is an underground pot which is why I have to give your winnings outside of the store. If we exchange money inside the store and he gets caught its $10,000 fine or 10 years in jail for him or something like that. So only we will be having a venue fee.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I read and tried to understand Ran, but I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

He's only doing venue fees for the brawlers because we have the highest demand for cash. This is an underground pot which is why I have to give your winnings outside of the store. If we exchange money inside the store and he gets caught its $10,000 fine or 10 years in jail for him or something like that. So only we will be having a venue fee.
Yeah...but we're exchanging it outside of the store...so theirs no risk...

Curlz

Smash Lord
That sounds like he's taking advantage of us and the fact that we want actual cash.

In other words, hell no give me credit.
He's not taking advantage of us.... he just wants some sort of profit out of hosting the tournament. Its understandable if you look at it from his shoes. Where's the practicality if you have a tournament to just give them the money. That's why he does it in store credit, so he can get the money. Even if we get it in store credit, we may not spend it all or something.

This way he can do what we want by giving us cash and he gets a profit out of it.

But if you want the credit that's all you.

Cash: 0
Credit: 2 (I vote credit)

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Go out of state, it makes you a million times better. Tomorrow I leave the state with a mediocre Marth, and when I return it shall be a total beast that eclipses my Snake in every facet of the game.
Marth ditto when you return!!!

****, I don't even use Marth anymore. Peach is too sexy.

Turazrok

Smash Master
ill mm anyone in melee vs my peach 5 dollars? i might go to laser tag or w/e. or maybe dibbz someday. i havent played in two months, maybe youll win? :o
You played me fairly recently wtf you talking about.. Ownd me too. nty... I'll friendlies if you'll help me with my playstyle though.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
credit? im a little confused. i must have missed something in this whole situation. is the guy charging a venue fee? and are the payouts in store credit? is that what you mean? if someone could sum this whole situation up in a sentence or two that would be cool.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
He's not taking advantage of us.... he just wants some sort of profit out of hosting the tournament. Its understandable if you look at it from his shoes. Where's the practicality if you have a tournament to just give them the money. That's why he does it in store credit, so he can get the money. Even if we get it in store credit, we may not spend it all or something.

This way he can do what we want by giving us cash and he gets a profit out of it.
Ok, so if we all pay the extra $5, what do we get in return? Most of us use most (if not all) of our credit immediately after the tourney, so what profit is he not getting? By making us all pay $5, he'll end up with even MORE money, especially if any of us buys something there as well.

But it's a business, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do, ya know?

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I went out to thibodaux last night. How many ****ing landfills are there? There's entire ****ing neighborhoods that smell like dog ****. Gross...

Turazrok

Smash Master
I actually won a tourney match this time :D. Marth/lucario ftw! Gg to cyphus and randall for owning me.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I'm refusing to read the post in here, but feel that it'd be a good idea for most of the people that frequent this thread to watch this video. It -will- help your smash game a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JexvRBoa5M
And you see, You can't just treat noobitus with anything..... that's what most people don't realize. If you want to win, you must use your real life hax in orter do win awel; tyme yes?

Top Bottom