• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I wanna come over Sets, what time would I have to leave, cause I'd probably be coming late. And if I can't come tonight, what's another good day to come? I need to practice against Falcos.

eet

Smash Ace
jus come at like 5 and leave at like 10(on weekdays) ...i guess?

btw according to the mall of arcadia website, its called aladdins castle, but blaise says aladdins palace..which is it >_>

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I beilieve the place is "Aladdin's Castle" because I remember going to one in FL a long time ago.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
My place is open for smash anytime from 2:50 to 8:30 or 9:00 on weekdays, other than that, people can come over to my place just about any time

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Whoo!

So ah, I actually got in touch with Austin and Avery who apparently live on the W.ank and want to play this weekend. >_> I have a Rugby scrim at like 11 but I should be able to get done with maybe one game if I feel like going or maybe not go this time. *shrugs*

Also, they said they got in touch with Matt who might want to go too. And that'd be really tight.

And iceman, when we do play I can guarantee that it'll be epic and tons of biblical **** will happen (frogs swarming, rivers turn to blood, etc). >.>

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
nah, that happends when i play new people all the time :D really, like in some page in the bible it goes... err let me read it... "And as God looked down from the heavens, and with that word, SetsumA and EET struck there controlers against one another and..." yeah it ends right there

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Huh, I didn't know there was such bad grammar in the Bible. It's been around so long, you'd think someone would catch the "there" that should've been a "their". Besides, I think the Bible ends with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and I know Luigi is one of them (he's probably Pestilence, but Death is always an option). I'll be there tomorrow, Sets. I don't know where you live, but if it comes down to knocking on every door in BR, I will.
btw, I won't be going to the tourny Fri. I've got a previous engagement (some rich peoples' wedding reception, can I get a hoohah 2 times Tuesday), but if I knew about the tourny a few weeks ago then I would've made an appearance.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
any word if its a cash prize at alladin's castle-place?
work said they want me working...so i prolly won't make it...but i would deffiante be "sick" if its a cash prize. anyone have the time and balls to call and find out tomorrow? lol..i'm gonna be freaki'n busy as all hell tonight and tomorrow <___>

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
cyphus u got enough prize money from tourneys :p

let some other noob win some money

if i go to a tourney i would get my *** kicked cuz apparently yall r having smashfests like everyday or sumtihng

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
alright tourney tomorrow at Alladin's palace, in Acadiana Mall.... 6pm..
10 dollar entrance fee.
rules subject to change, but most likely 3 stock, double elimination(winners and loser's brakcet) no best 2 outta 3.(best 2 outta 3 doesn't often make a difference anyway)
he's targeting for a 3 hour tournament, and hoping to do biweeklies, also including teams and further expanding the time if the community grows.

he said 10 people are already preregistered(it cost them 8 bux)
he said they wouldn't be able give actual dollars(cuz is illega to "gamle" in Laffy, but he said he would feed the winner/give tokens, and give an American Express card for prolly 70 bux if 20 people showed.
i hope that was an estimate cuz 180 buck pot..w/ only 70 bucks to winner is pretty sad.

and my guess is 15-20 people will be there...itcovers my gas (25 bux) and i make anywhere from 25-50 bucks.
apparently american express is like a gift card...that works anywhere. So i guess it'll be worth it.
but i still don't think i'll be able to escape work tomorrow.
i'd say theres a 25% chance i'll go.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please PM me or something and tell me where Sets lives? I want to play this afternoon, but I don't know where he lives.

Sekots

Smash Rookie
Esprit, come home with us friday, leave with Setsuma
I'm not sure if i'm going, and if so I doubt i'll play in it.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Who Sank the Skank

Alright, I am planning to hold this tourny next Saturday at 6pm. The tourny will run a round robin, that way we play more:chuckle: I will make it a $5 singles and a $2 team. I will have drinks there only, no alchohol(byob), and food. Sorry, it is just too expensive to feed people.:( . The address to the house is
: 14218 Adam Arcenaux,Gonzales LA 70776:
I will be running the tourny ( my first one:p ) so everyone come out for the ska. I am still making sure to have the place, and also please remember to bring tvs. I can't really supply them so I am counting on you guys to help me, if you please.
So what do you think.

Sudai

Stuff here
I think you should make it....three weekends from now.

Next weekend = camping with a bunch of friends with no parents (wooo) and the week after = the Wii and Twilight Princess..!! >.>

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
eh its short notice..i have work, sirska :(...i'd def come if i was free, no doubts.

i got off of work tomorrow..so i may be going to the Laf tourney...but as of now i'm not, cuz i have zero dollars...but if i can find 40 bucks (which is extremely doubtful) i can drive there, enter, and eat a meal.... :-/

eet

Smash Ace
so i wont be goin today...anyone wanna play me tonight after i get off at like 11? :(

and i can make it to tournies i jus have to know the week before so i can get off..

when is skas tourny?

eet

Smash Ace
Me too..

Tournament Nov 11th at Sir Ska's House in Gonzales, LA ...starts at 6PM

Place: Sir Ska's Home
Address: 14218 Adam Arcenaux,Gonzales LA 70776
Phone: --
Date: Nov 11th
Time: 6PM
Entry fee: 5 dollar Singles, 2 dollar teams

the usual rules,

SirSka

Smash Cadet
make sure to spread the word, and also if let me know if you guys want to hold off on the tourny till another time. I just want everyone to be there, but if majority feels I should reassign it to another date I will.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
well i already have work scheduled next sat...so i don't think i'll make it, but if u think u got enough people that can show, u might as well go for it. Ya'll do a good Round Robin. I want some sexy results!

so yea..no Laf tourney today for me, either...screw it.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, i dont have a ride to the tourny :[

whos going in BR? and think i can hitch a ride with you guys?

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Mall of Acadiana Tourney

1st place: Blaise.

Woot my first ever tourney win. There was around 31 people I think. First prize consisted mostly of arcade tokens so those of you who didnt travel to this one, dont feel so bad. If the guy i played in the finals is reading this, gg bro, well played. After 2 years of competing I finally won a tourney. My next goal is to win a statewide tourney. I'm coming for Lee Cyphus and Eet! It's time for Opelousas to rise up.

eet

Smash Ace
good job blaise..and thats a lot of players i never played ...30...was anyone good? you shoulda told them about smashboards

and did you win with yoshi? XD

eet

Smash Ace
===================
Louisiana Tournament Schedule - NOV 06
===================

Nov 11. Sir Ska Round Robin
Place: Sir Ska's Home
Address: 14218 Adam Arcenaux,Gonzales LA 70776
Phone: --
Date: Nov 11th
Entry fee: 5 dollar Singles, 2 dollar teams

Nov 18. Mall of Acadia
Place: Aladdin's Castle
Address: 5725 JOHNSTON STREET, LAFAYETTE, LOUISIANA
Phone: 337.988.1951
Date: Nov 18
Entry fee: 10

TBA - Ralph's Apartment Tourny
Place: Ralphs Apartment
Address: 8939 Jefferson Hwy. Baton Rouge, LA 70809 (Apr. # upon request)
Phone: -
Date: TBA
Time: ?
Entry fee: ?

TBA - Freddy's house Tourny
Place: Freddy's House
Address: -- Baton Rouge, LOUISIANA
Phone: 225.907.7282
Date: TBA
Time: ?
Entry fee: ?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, ram's going (maybe). Even if the odds are 1 in a 100, there's still a chance. By the way, who else went to the tourny? It sounds like no one (not to discredit Blaise, I just haven't heard any feedback from anyone else).

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
*exhausted* Whoo, played with Matt, Tony, Avery, and Austin just now. Got like 10 hours worth of vids I have to upload. X_X

Hopefully shows some improvement.

Over all, I think the group of us did okay. It's been a while for all of us to get together and play different people. And I won't say anything until I've actually seen the vids. >_> Dont' want to say **** like "OH YEAH! MY FALCON TOTALLY WAS TECHNICALLY PERFECT" and then watch and be like . . . wtf?

XD

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
can't wait for those vids ;D

SarsPirate, Austin, Avery, Matt....are 4 most underground players now get a chance to show us what they got :D

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Sweet, ram's going (maybe). Even if the odds are 1 in a 100, there's still a chance. By the way, who else went to the tourny? It sounds like no one (not to discredit Blaise, I just haven't heard any feedback from anyone else).
I dont deserve any credit. Although there were some smart players there, I really felt like I didn't belong. If anyone else did give feedback, it wouldnt be too good. It was by far the most non-traditional tourney I've ever been to and it was played on one tv >_<.

Top Bottom