• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i work tomorrow 2-11...then off tuesday (night class) and wednesday..then work thursday 2- 11. and then i work fri, sat, and sun.

so.....anyone up for a wednesday tourney? lolz

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Wednesday tourny, eh? We tried those before in the summer, remember? I think we had a total of 9 people in the mall one. Ha. Oh, and where exactly is Awesome Town?
Does anyone want to play me this week? I'm willing to travel (within reason). Elvis (Nicknyte) has my number, but you're gonna have to go through a series of mental and physical tests (a gauntlet, if you will) to get it. I won't go into detail, but you may want to bring some anti-itch cream and a pair of pants made entirely of chili (for bonus points).

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Partner, call me next time you play at Sets, I'll try to make it. If I can't, each subsequent time you go give me a call so that I might try my luck then.
I'm definitely on for Saturday at Ska's, I can't friggin wait. I'm going, no doubt in my mind, barring lepresy or if my case of the Clap starts flaring up again. (No offense to anyone who has either disease, or both) And since I doubt too many entire crews are going to attend, who wants to group with the Iceman? (Crickets)
Anyone who is willing and/or able, let's fight. Not Melee, I mean fight. Next time we meet, I'll be in better shape(meaning that I didn't drink that weekend yet), and we'll fight. We'll reenact the ancient Greek wrestlers that perfected the sport, except with clothes on (maybe). Oh, and there will be sex kicks. I've been watching a fair amount of UFC and WWE, along with Walker Texas Ranger and Mulan, and I'm friggin psyched to take somebody out. I'm taking offers.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
iceman, youre one crazy mother ****er
but yeah, come to my place.

my # is 907-7282
or 291-2287 (home)

my street name is inniswold rd.

just google map that **** :]

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
if ur serious about getting some sparring practice down, i'm more than up for it. I love boxing, wrestling, grappling, or kicking-w/e.
dunno what your style-preference is, but i do have some headgears on hand. and i might have 2 pairs of boxing gloves, if they're still at my friends house (whos out of state for the army atm).
i was in taekwondo 6 years, and then boxed and grappled him every week or so for some good exercise/practice. As far as my size goes, i'm conditioned well for fighting. Still a light-weight though, at 155 lbs.

a fighting match would be an intersting turn of events for a smashfest. I imagine it would be pretty ****ing hilarious too...have it in the backyard..everyone's been drinking, etc. XD

i'd say do a tournament, but its not really fair since i'm awesome.

in other news...
i'm awesome.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
in other news, cyphus's awesome ness has been ****in stolen

I am now awesome

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Well. I am going with the Iceman. Team Sex Tip 4 life needs to accomplish goals and get some cash.

THIS SATURDAY.

Battle Rouge
vs.
Magical Unicorns
vs.
London Forces

It. Is. On.

Hehe. I'm pwn.

BTW. I'm bringin' Falcon Punch.

Sudai

Stuff here
So, I think I might be able to come to this. Thing is, my first day of work is Sunday right after... :/

Did anyone else know smashboards has a spell check? At least in the quick reply it does. Mispelled shiz is underlined with red! lol

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i work saturday...u'll have to talk to lee about if he wants to try making it w/out me though. Its just isn't possible for me. :-/ (unless one of ya'll is willing to commit suicide so i have a funeral-excuse to miss work)
any volunteers? :(

eh..well...work is kicking my *** today...i was not only scheduled school..but 9 hours of work...and now i'm dead.

and just because half of us are atheist...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QGMuIyBK5P4
lol

eet

Smash Ace
is that the guy from growing pains next to him lol....that show was awesome

So we forgot some people in the tier list

Ethan(Peach fanatic)**
entelegantLozer(plays with sars)
Icecow(playes with ffox)**
Joe Mama(Br player, with 2 brothers)
Shadowsuitx (his brother)
Mr Noodle(good tech?)**
Ralph
Grace(shes good if she tries..shes beaten rsia a few times XD)

** out of prac.

btw cyphus did you ever post the one with phil moved up?

edit it however you want.. I added ffox back somewhere in there cause I added Icecow :p

FFox will return soon :(...jus wait for brawl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Louisiana Power Rankings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tier 1: Lee, Cyphus, John
Tier 2: Taylor**, Eet, Ricky, Ray
Tier 3: RSIA**, Flarefox**, Blaise, Mary

Tier 4: Setsuma, Dustin, Vaughn, Sudai
Tier 5: Matt, Monkey, Nicknyte, Ice Cow**, ShyGuy**, Sirska, Phil, Randall, Noodle**

Tier 6: Iceman, Pirate, Lozer, Tyran, Derek*, Gamma*, Foret*, Ralph, Kalzar, Esprit, Ethan*, Avery, Austin
Tier 7: Jared*, Grace, Joe Mama**, Shadow Suit X**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*currently not playing
**judgement pending soon

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
good list. all the placings look good to me.
but ur astericks are a little confusing...
maybe have the following so it makes sense.
This is a slight update..but better and expected changes will happen after the coming smashfests and tournaments!

* = seldom plays
anyone who values melee as simply a side game or plays once a month or so.

** = currently not playing
anyone who's smash career is assumed postponed until further notice. players who actually quit are nulled

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Louisiana Power Rankings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tier 1: Lee, Cyphus, John
Tier 2: Taylor**, Eet, Ricky, Ray
Tier 3: RSIA**, Flarefox*, Blaise, Mary

Tier 4: Setsuma, Dustin, Vaughn, Sudai, Usea**
Tier 5: Monkey, Nicknyte, Audi, Pirate, Matt, ShyGuy**, Sirska, Phil, Randall, Noodle**, Ice Cow*

Tier 6: Iceman, Lozer, Tyran, Derek*, Gamma*, Foret*, Ralph, Kalzar, Esprit, Ethan, Avery, Jackets
Tier 7: Jared*, Grace*, JoeMama, ShadowSuit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anything past Tier 3 is noticably much less accurate. With that being said, the top 3 Tiers, is more or less unarguable, because they are the ones that tend to place the highest in tournaments and/or shown consistency.
Tier 4 and 5 tend to have either better experience than the remaining, or have made some form of impression of standing out.
The rest is really hard to keep track of because everyone has their own personal victories in friendlies and everyone has their own random victories over better players who may have just sandbagged.

Outside tournament results...
In interests of matchups, priority is given to how well players hold their own versus better players. In other words...how hard you own n00bs means nothing. Doing good against skill-peers is important, but how well you do versus better players says the most about your skill.
If a player gets nervous or is not used to playing someone much faster, it is a weakness at his fault (not an excuse). Until that mental barrier is breached, they are assumed no better than a player who can play more confidently.

Houma Area: Cyphus, Lee, Derek, Gamma, Foret, Jared

N.O. Area: Ricky, Ray, John, Matt, Jackets, Avery, SarsPirate, Audi, Usea

BR Area: Taylor, Eet, RSIA, Vaughn, Phil, ShyGuy, Randal, Ralph, Mary, Iceman, Setsuma, Sudai, Nicknyte, Tyran, Esprit, Sirska, JoeMama, ShadowSuitX, Ethan, Grace, Lozer, Kalzar

Lafayette Area: Blaise, Dustin, BakeMonkey, Flarefox, Icecow, Noodle

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
What about Twally and crew? I've never had the chance of meeting the fellas, has anyone seen them play? He came on the boards a while back and was all excited about playing, but I haven't heard from him since.
OK, I've been thinking about this whole 'someone has to die so Cyphus can miss work to go the funeral' thing, as well as the whole 'everyone wants to be higher on the tier list' thing. Here's my plan: the person on the bottom will be killed so that Cyphus can come this weekend. It's perfect motivation, not dying and all. Even the people that don't really like Melee that much will strive to get better so they won't be sacrificed to the god tiers. Feedback? Also, who's all coming this weekend?

Esprit

Smash Rookie
Bah, anyone under Tyran's skill level I can definitely beat.

I also feel insulted that you put Kalzar in front of me, not that I'm hot ****, but I know I can definitely beat him.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bah, anyone under Tyran's skill level I can definitely beat.

I also feel insulted that you put Kalzar in front of me, not that I'm hot ****, but I know I can definitely beat him.
well, i put u in the same tier as Tyran and Kalzar....so that implies ya'll are the same (if not very similar) skill level.
I apologize for the gap. I don't have much to rationalize for it except that i've played them both more matches than i have versus you. If i'm unsure about someone, it would make more sense to put them in a softer area. Either way, I try not to think the tiers are so much as individually ordered for accuracy...than they are suggestions for the mere numerical levels themselves.
And if all else fails, Kalzar would have a natural advantage vs. some players over you, just because fox>link. And i do take character-choice into account. I'm sure Iceman would get better results in tournies, but he plays Luigi...but its not my responsibility to guess where he would be if he had learned a top tier instead.

so yea...all tiers beyond tier 3..are like 30% accurate and 70% total guesses. I think it'd be better if we didn't have anything past tier 3..but thats sorta something that the community decided...and it turns out they decided if i'm going to list the top 10 smashers, numbe 11, 12, and 13 wanna wonder why i didn't put them. And if my tier list now goes up to 4...tier 5 is wondering why are they not on a list of who's "good"...and so on and so forth.
But yea..anybody up for just destroying this list and keeping it at just 3 Tiers?

so like um..yea....so nobody please hate me! lol.

Esprit

Smash Rookie
lolz I don't hate anyone, was just saying

but you can ask Setsuma (he tells me all the time "Dude, I'm gonna get them to move you up, you're so ****in good!" and crap like that >>) to vouch :0

and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to go to the tourney Saturday, depends on mom PMS, but if Eet could pick me up (hint hint, and if you didn't get that, could you come pick me up Eric? ^_^) I might be able to :D

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
whoa ****...WTF its Usea, everyone.
um..the smashfest this saturday is in BatonRouge as Sirska's house. He's a cool guy. he's got man-beard.
WTF@USEA!?
Best Captain Falcon in LA! And top LA player of many past moons!

the first major tournament in Louisiana...i got 1st, lee got 2nd, my friend brett got 3rd, Usea got 4th, and lee's bro Derek got 5th outta the 30 or so participants.
then we had a smashfest at my house sometime later, and thats when we kinna established that me, lee, and usea were the best in LA, lol. But i'm sure he can vouche his own story, but i think he slowly got sucked into World of Warcraft, and also part blame due to his distance from us, we never got around to smashing more, and he just got into WOW too much afterward ;)

but yea...it'd be funny to see how u did in a tourney nowadays, since the competition has evolved alot, and theres alot more good players than there used to, lol.

usea

Smash Ace
I will get last place for sure. But it will still be very fun to play! I'll see if I can make it to BR if there's room. I don't see him on the global smasher compendium, cyphus could you IM or PM me his address? :) Assuming he doesn't mind giving it away.

Is this an overnight thing? It'd be a lot harder for me to con my sister into driving me if she has to come back the same day.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
answer him people..cuz i have no clue...cuz i can't make it >___<
now i got school...later n00bs!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So ah actually Colin, Ryan (Lozer), Tony, and I got together since we didn't have school today.

Ryan and Colin are out of practice. They can be better if they pick up the game, but at the moment :/

And as a reminder Tony = Audi.

Esprit

Smash Rookie
Usea you play WoW? I'm an avid WoW player myself, Esprit 60 Priest Medivh ^_^

I assume its an overnight thing, but you could probably stay with one of us if its not.

usea

Smash Ace
I quit a month or two ago. I had a rogue on zul'jin. had over 210 days played :(

I live in slidell, so it's not a too terribly long drive. I want to show you all my mad cfalcon skills of running off the edge over and over, and failig to DI properly haha :)

Esprit

Smash Rookie
ouch, 48 days here.

but I have T3 and end-game stuff so I can't escape the nerd branding ^^

Heh, well if you decide you want to stay over at someones house I'm sure you could sleep at Kalzar's house (his dad wouldn't care about just one random person, trust me)

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Well I hate to break to you guys, but it looks like I may not have the place for saturday like I thought. I just talked with them to confirm if I was able to use it, and said that I probably couldn't do it this weekend as planned( they got some s**t going on this weekend) They haven't no, but they haven't said yes either, and since it is so close to the weekend, I am just gonna call it off until further notice, I am deeply sorry. Please spread the word.

usea

Smash Ace
That's a shame, SirSka T_T Oh well.

sars_pirate, tell me more! if he's ssbm1221's friend too, he might have already told me about him. He said that he goes to lsu and is home just on the weekends

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Aww, and I was ready to play Ska, too. You're still awesome, dude.
Can we even play at Freddy's, or is that speculation? And is anyone playing there tomorrow? I need to practice being a ***** (is that asterisked out?) so I can be awesome. I want to play bad fellas.

Top Bottom