• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
If you were a Mariokidd (dont ask long story) then I wouldn't even bother telling you. I would have let you lose and take it like a man. Redson was too nice.
Redson is truly a man of his word.

I want to Cinnamon Match someone, but I don't wanna lose. :p

Turazrok

Smash Master
So you wouldn't do it either. Now I'm pretty sure it's a no. I don't even know what this whole thing is about anyways. I'm going to go eat poptarts now.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Its not that. I love Sudai too much to make him lose. He's the one who got me into competitive smash (kind of).

I don't know how good/bad he is one-handed. If it was anyone else, I would accept. (except Lee)

Edit: Please note that is not an invitation for other people to ask me to a Cinnamon Match against them with one hand.

Sudai

Stuff here
I got into competitive smash because I used to be a compulsive liar. :]

Random Friend first time I ***** him in smash: wow, you're awesome, I bet you know how to wave dash and ****, huh?
Me: Yup! (bold face lie)

Later that night: "www.google.com Search: "Wave Dash"" find smashboards. :p

Curlz

Smash Lord
Hahaha. That's funny.

Here's what happened to me...

Since Aladdin's Castle closed down we haven't had tournaments, so me and my friend decided to try WiFi. Well that should explain itself. So I googled "Louisiana Brawl Tournaments" and came across the LA thread. I saw about Gameware so I youtubed it. Then I came across Sudai's youtube page and asked him questions.

Thank you Sudai. <3

Turazrok

Smash Master
That's amazing. I did it because I was on wikipedia. Realized there's a wiki for everything. Maplestory, Guild Wars, everything. So I wanted to get good. I searched smash wiki.
That lead me here, and eventually to you guys.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
I'm here because of turok. I was going to his house, and we were going to go to gameware. The week before he told me to go on smashboards so I could introduce myself. So I did.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I wanna play some L4D2....... badly. Tell me how well you do in the tourney guy who plays wolf .

edit: Unless it's already over or I got the date wrong. Then tell me how you did/will do.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Who you beat???????? Cuz I can beat you. So I probably would've tied/done better. Or maybe not. You were better last time we played.

Edit: I just realized how much I suck with IC's. I think a little part of my soul cried lol.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Hahaha. That's funny.

Here's what happened to me...

Since Aladdin's Castle closed down we haven't had tournaments, so me and my friend decided to try WiFi. Well that should explain itself. So I googled "Louisiana Brawl Tournaments" and came across the LA thread. I saw about Gameware so I youtubed it. Then I came across Sudai's youtube page and asked him questions.

Thank you Sudai. <3
So Sudai is to blame for your presence? *glares at Sudai*

Lol, just kidding.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I've said that at every tournament I've been to. Keep up. Haha.

Sudai's Response: "You just asked me questions and I answered them."

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Yuck, I don't like the way we put codes on. I hate that if you don't take out the SD card it freezes. I even pulled it out, played a match, saved it, but even when I popped it in after all that, it still freezes. I like the SD card in there so we can still save/transfer replays.

I'll still use the codes, I'll just start it through regular gecko.
If you have homebrew, you can keep the sd card in. I do, and my sd was in all day.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Voodoo Smash Results:

1. Lee Martin ($45.50)
2. Hyro ($13.00)
3. Jnig ($6.50)
4. Nitez
5. Ran
5. Randall
7. Blain
7. Arcrazia
9. BSL
9. Bomber
9. RJPunch
9. Mocha
13. David
13. Omnis

Teams:
1. Lee and Hyro ($35.00)
2. Jnig and Ran ($15.00)
3. Randall and Blaine
4. Vaughn and Bomber (double Random still is so much win)
5. RJ and Nitez

GG's all I had a lot of fun. I'm glad things went pretty smoothly. The brackets were a little tricky but I'm glad I had help and I get it a little bit more now. Nitez, you ditty is still pretty gay. Glad you guys could make it.

To everyone else who didn't show up, everyone liked the venue so we will definitely be using it again in the future :)

I guess then next time I will see you guys will be at LasT4 because going to the LSU tourny is iffy.

@Arcadia- lol. just lol.

@Hyro- PT vs TL match too funny.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Also Thank You:

Vaughn
Randall
Lee
Hyro
Ran

for helping me out with brackets.

Also Thank you RJ for helping me out with the Tio stuff that I missed or didn't know.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Yeah, venue was ballin, chinese food ballin, poker was ballin, etc etc gg's etc

Hyro

Smash Lord
Vaughn, can you add this tourney to the front page? And btw, we can't see how many entrants were in each tourney so you should add that or just add the links to the rest of the threads.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
You can't cancel a money match. Once it's been done, it's done. And don't be a jerk, Turok. Maybe I just got really good. I actually practiced last night, so it must have helped.

If anyone is going to lost and can give me a ride there and back, I might be able to go. And I have to be back that night, so I'll need a ride with someone who isn't staying overnight.

Hyro

Smash Lord
nooo.

I vote we get rid of no tripping. Every replay is ****ed up. If the game thinks you shoulda tripped, all the replays get desynched. So that means I'd have to know which replays had no tripping and which ones had tripping...that's gonna get way too confusing. :(

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Just got back from the LSU-Tulane game. Too easy: 42-0. Jefferson (QB) still has some problems, though.

Anyways, Hyro, that's what I was telling Ran about. I would think all of the replays up to a week or two ago would have tripping on, so it wouldn't be THAT hard to just reload the game with the codes for the most recent ones and record them, right? They were only from Voodoo and the Laffy PnT, I believe.

Top Bottom