• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I'm not the biggest fan of answering questions with questions, but I feel as though this situation calls for it. If you were in a heaven, and everything you wanted was given to you, what would prompt you to steal, ****, assault, etc? And if you're the kind of ******** that does it for ****s and giggles, who says you'll go to heaven? Using your assumption that people aren't going to make a random choice, if you're a relatively decent person here then you'll be a relatively decent person there. I'm not one for the whole fire and brimstone bit, but not everyone gets a free ride to the spirit in the sky.
Oh, and you can do wrong in heaven. Read up on Mr. Lucifer. Perhaps you can have your Cloud City citizenship revoked, and be deported to option B.
Lucifer is different. He was an angel. According to most Christians faiths, once in heaven, you're there for eternity.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Correct battousai. And angels aren't glorified dead people. Angels were made before humans, human souls will never be angels. Just so you guys know.

Edit: what eet said about multiple universes got me thinking. Well, I have thought of this before, but w/e.

What if there are no "parallel universes"? Is it possible, since the universe is infinite, that every possible situation that could EVER happen is existing simultaneously In the outer reaches of the universe? Like an identical world to this, except I have black hair. TheN another where I have brown eyes. Or another where eet doesn't do drugs. Well.... Maybe not every possibility.... But seriously. Think about it.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Lucifer is different. He was an angel. According to most Christians faiths, once in heaven, you're there for eternity.
Assuming you're correct, and once you get in you stay in, then I'll agree. However, according to most Christian faiths, you also can't do wrong in heaven. For argument's sake, if Lucifer can do wrong in heaven (something that you supposedly can't do) and got kicked out (something that you supposedly can't do), hypothetically couldn't one also get kicked out of heaven for doing something wrong? I've never been there, I don't know the rules. Is it that people can't get kicked out, or that they don't? And I don't trust the "angels are different" argument. "Praise ye Him, all His angels: praise ye Him, all His hosts... for He spoke and they were made. He commanded and they were created." Angels are different, but I'm not sure if they have different rules.

-Ran

Smash Master
My personal view of religion is very simple:

Every dogma takes from each other. For every parable in the Bible, new or old, there is a mirrored sentiment in anything from Islam to Buddhism. Religion is designed [that's right, designed] to appeal to as many people as possible of different ethnic groups. The key is the lessons learned from the text, not the reverence over what form god takes.

Futurama probably did the best explanation of the divine ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IaudsdrPjY&feature=related

r0ni

Smash Cadet
ok so me and rickyb are attending dibbz friday, here is a list of people i really want to be there.

-DM MOTHER FUKr ( i didnt the lower case r purposley, for no reason!)
-Pierre
-EET
-freddy
-vaughn
-young dylan.
wahn

r0ni

Smash Cadet
double post, because nick is too cool to be put in the same list as you guys

<3 nick ^______^
i want a mario party 2 setup friday,
and if possoble diddy kong racing.

vaughn can u make that happen??

Bomber7

Smash Hero
lol@seiya....

bomber, what religion are you classified as? i call myself a catholic, but i doubt that i actually am. im more of a follower of bomberism, because majority of the things you say are exactly the way i think. it may even be 100%, but i dont remember everything you said and dont feel like going back to check it out. if you have no real religion, me and you should start one up buddy.
Not trying to start a new religion. I like being Roman Catholic. I like the doctrine and basically it's because its core doctrine, it promotes morality and good nature towards man which I think is good. I just don't like the corrupt leaders, plus I don't blindly follow/believe everything they say like some people do. I'm smarter than that. Plus I'm sure Jesus wants to Falcon Punch ever priest, bishop and the Pope for ruining His Church.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
so i totaly was suppose to post this here, but i did it on the other thread...damit...anyways

ok so me and rickyb are attending dibbz friday, here is a list of people i really want to be there.

-DM MOTHER FUKr ( i didnt the lower case r purposley, for no reason!)
-Pierre
-EET
-freddy
-vaughn
-young dylan.
wahn

2cdpost

double post, because nick is too cool to be put in the same list as you guys

<3 nick ^______^
i want a mario party 2 setup friday,
and if possoble diddy kong racing.

vaughn can u make that happen??

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Not trying to start a new religion. I like being Roman Catholic. I like the doctrine and basically it's because its core doctrine, it promotes morality and good nature towards man which I think is good. I just don't like the corrupt leaders, plus I don't blindly follow/believe everything they say like some people do. I'm smarter than that. Plus I'm sure Jesus wants to Falcon Punch ever priest, bishop and the Pope for ruining His Church.
I was kidding about the new religion thing. But what you have said so far is basically what I would have said. You just beat me to it. Now,what you have said isn't actually roman catholic belief, is it?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Ok, regarding the LSU tourney: I was told that the Broussard Hall lobby is open on both November 6 and 7 (Friday and Saturday). I need to know which day is better and what times we need it for. I put 4:00 to 11:00. Is that good?

Also, Randall, the forms I need to turn in ask for the signatures of the group president and the group sponsor/advisor. I need to meet you in person sometime tomorrow.

I need to turn this in ASAP so these dates don't get taken, so I need to hear from you guys the preferred date and times.

Posting this in the Facebook group as well.

EDIT: I checked the Aquarium's TV's: They're crap. The screens are fuzzy all the time. Had nothing to do with the signal. I also asked for the Lobby, not the Aquarium. Should I switch?
Before I sign it, I want to make sure of what/ if we need to pay any money because we're collecting an entry fee. A venue fee or something can be collected to cover this, but we need to find out if it's necessary. Then again, it might only be events held in the Union, I'm not sure. I'm on campus until 4:30 today, and I can meet with you whenever. Just give me a call, and we can get things going.

You played Hyro on my Wii, so any replays should be there. Bring an SD card, and you can get them Thursday at Tiger Uppercut.

'V'

Smash Lord
It totally is!! Happy Birthday, Lee!!

And Roni, I don't have a copy of Mario Party 2 anymore, but I'll see if I can find one in the next three days. I'm always down for some Mario Party 2.

Sudai

Stuff here
<marquee>
</marquee>
<script type="text/javascript">
function show_alert()
{
alert("Happy Birthday, Lee! ~Sudai");
}
</script>

Happy birth day, Lee. :]

Happy late birth day, r0ni. Even though you don't wanna see me at DIBBZ Friday..

Done.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
<marquee>
</marquee>
<script type="text/javascript">
function show_alert()
{
alert("Happy Birthday, Lee! ~Sudai");
}
</script>

Happy birth day, Lee. :]

Happy late birth day, r0ni. Even though you don't wanna see me at DIBBZ Friday..

Done.
well i didnt have to say it, cuz u already know <3

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Yes!!! :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

And you're lucky this thread wasn't normal when this whole religion thing came up AND that I wasn't around for most of the night to see it. Otherwise this whole thread would be TOAST!!!

You all get an F minus minus and no points for style!!!

:mad::mad::mad: KITTY RAAAAGE!!! :mad::mad::mad:
What in the world are you talking about?

'V'

Smash Lord
I'll most likely not stay for all that long either. I'll wait for the main event to be over, which shouldn't take too long, and then I'll go do something else. I just wanna help and play a little bit while eating Chinese food.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Assuming you're correct, and once you get in you stay in, then I'll agree. However, according to most Christian faiths, you also can't do wrong in heaven. For argument's sake, if Lucifer can do wrong in heaven (something that you supposedly can't do) and got kicked out (something that you supposedly can't do), hypothetically couldn't one also get kicked out of heaven for doing something wrong? I've never been there, I don't know the rules. Is it that people can't get kicked out, or that they don't? And I don't trust the "angels are different" argument. "Praise ye Him, all His angels: praise ye Him, all His hosts... for He spoke and they were made. He commanded and they were created." Angels are different, but I'm not sure if they have different rules.
If what you're saying is true, then the Christian faith is wrong. Their teachings about not being able to do evil in heaven contradict their teaching about the fall of Lucifer. Contradictions are bad.

-edit-

Ran, this is my youtube interpretation of "God."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urlTBBKTO68&feature=fvw

for the lulz

Bomber7

Smash Hero
This tourny still needs more set-ups or else it will go slow. Plus I know people have plans so I want this to go as quickly as possible so I'm not keeping people at a tournament all night.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Curlz, Vaughn has so many plushies that he wouldn't be able to fit them all in one picture. they are like is wall paper.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Curlz, Vaughn has so many plushies that he wouldn't be able to fit them all in one picture. they are like is wall paper.
It was mainly pointed at you.

Roxas > Toon Link.

I will admit, Vaughn's Notched Ear Pichu is sexy. It pisses me off that he got it at MechaCon and I didn't know about it. >.<

'V'

Smash Lord
I really do have that many plushies. Six boxes when I was moving out of the apartment still couldn't fit them all.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It was mainly pointed at you.

Roxas > Toon Link.

I will admit, Vaughn's Notched Ear Pichu is sexy. It pisses me off that he got it at MechaCon and I didn't know about it. >.<
Curlz do you know what this says?

It says F*** You!

'V'

Smash Lord
Well let's see. We have yours, mine, Ran's, maybe Randall's, and Sudai's in case he comes. That makes 5 total. That should be enough, especially seeing as how we're not anticipating that many people to come. We still need tables and stuff. Seeing as how Nick isn't coming, we can probably borrow his.

Nick, may we bother your table and chairs please? =D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Meh I'd rather have more than enough than too little. But we will see. I'll just roll with what I got on Saturday.

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
just wanted to share my victory with all of Louisiana.

AwsumKT9-me
AndyCutd-Dphat

awsumkt9: (4:22:42 PM) next time we'r eboth at a dallas smash event
awsumkt9: (4:22:49 PM) we're getting everyone with the baptist king
AndyCutd: (4:22:54 PM) LMFAO DONE
awsumkt9: (4:23:01 PM) KING OF THE BAPTIST
AndyCutd: (4:23:05 PM) NOO
AndyCutd: (4:23:06 PM) OMFG
AndyCutd: (4:23:07 PM) NOO
awsumkt9: (4:23:07 PM) LMAO
AndyCutd: (4:23:21 PM) you just got me over the internet with the baptist king
awsumkt9: (4:23:25 PM) ...
AndyCutd: (4:23:31 PM) ****..

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
just wanted to share my victory with all of Louisiana.

AwsumKT9-me
AndyCutd-Dphat

awsumkt9: (4:22:42 PM) next time we'r eboth at a dallas smash event
awsumkt9: (4:22:49 PM) we're getting everyone with the baptist king
AndyCutd: (4:22:54 PM) LMFAO DONE
awsumkt9: (4:23:01 PM) KING OF THE BAPTIST
AndyCutd: (4:23:05 PM) NOO
AndyCutd: (4:23:06 PM) OMFG
AndyCutd: (4:23:07 PM) NOO
awsumkt9: (4:23:07 PM) LMAO
AndyCutd: (4:23:21 PM) you just got me over the internet with the baptist king
awsumkt9: (4:23:25 PM) ...