• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Faith is a lovely thing my friend.

I've said it before. Let's please not bring Religion into this thread. I don't want to end up hating any of you, or vise-versa.
Wait... so your faith can cause you to hate people? That's an interesting faith.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
If this thread were back in the actual forums, I would try to stop this at all costs...

But now I say screw it. lol
Yay for it being a social thread! I'm trying to understand. Does his faith teach him to hate people? I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that he's Christian. If that's the case, does Christian faith make people hate others?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Yay for it being a social thread! I'm trying to understand. Does his faith teach him to hate people? I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that he's Christian. If that's the case, does Christian faith make people hate others?
no, human nature makes us hate others. We as humans get a certain ideal in our head and want everyone else to have the same ideal and when they refuse we get angry and attempt to force that ideal on them through violence. Christianity teaches tolerance and understanding will eventually lead lost souls to the light. In Christian text Jesus Christ is both fully human and fully divine (confusing rite???) which is why he had the willpower to endure countless beatings and still love his oppressors and respect them as people. For he felt that would be the only way to show them the light.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
no, human nature makes us hate others. We as humans get a certain ideal in our head and want everyone else to have the same ideal and when they refuse we get angry and attempt to force that ideal on them through violence. Christianity teaches tolerance and understanding will eventually lead lost souls to the light. In Christian text Jesus Christ is both fully human and fully divine (confusing rite???) which is why he had the willpower to endure countless beatings and still love his oppressors and respect them as people. For he felt that would be the only way to show them the light.
Imo Christianity is the best religious thing next to Christ-Chex, but imo Christianity has the worst leaders of all time. :/

Screw the Pope, I want Jesus as my leader.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Yay for the inquisition! And yeah, I know the Catholic stuff. Been going to Catholic school since pre-k and still in it. xD Ironically, I think the school actually turned me away from it all.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yay for the inquisition! And yeah, I know the Catholic stuff. Been going to Catholic school since pre-k and still in it. xD Ironically, I think the school actually turned me away from it all.
had gone from 2nd-10th grade. Feel the same way man :D We should make a club.

alot of my friends of faith got turned away from it b/c of Catholic school.

welcome to the guild Mr.Batto.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
had gone from 2nd-10th grade. Feel the same way man :D We should make a club.

alot of my friends of faith got turned away from it b/c of Catholic school.

welcome to the guild Mr.Batto.
Fa sho! It's just sickening that some of these kids never question anything and blindly believe. I at least have some respect for the religion teachers that read all kinds of philosophical **** about metaphysics and crap. At least they care about finding truth. (Even if a little misguided) xD

Curlz

Smash Lord
Wait... so your faith can cause you to hate people? That's an interesting faith.
Not even in the least. I just don't want to get in a debate with someone about my faith just to have it end up in a serious fight about who-knows-what. I don't want people here to think I'm a close-minded bastard that thinks that you should follow Jesus or you fail or something.

I'm open-minded to other things, I'm just strong in my faith. And honestly, Batto, when you drew those symbols on my car it really offended me. I know it was a joke, but I did not like it at all.

On a happier note:

I will buy that from you! If not, please link me.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Not even in the least. I just don't want to get in a debate with someone about my faith just to have it end up in a serious fight about who-knows-what. I don't want people here to think I'm a close-minded bastard that thinks that you should follow Jesus or you fail or something.

I'm open-minded to other things, I'm just strong in my faith. And honestly, Batto, when you drew those symbols on my car it really offended me. I know it was a joke, but I did not like it at all.

On a happier note:

I will buy that from you! If not, please link me.
My bad. It was only in water vapor though. xD

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Fa sho! It's just sickening that some of these kids never question anything and blindly believe. I at least have some respect for the religion teachers that read all kinds of philosophical **** about metaphysics and crap. At least they care about finding truth. (Even if a little misguided) xD
I'm very thankful/ privileged to go to BRMHS and I'm also very thankful I'm taking Philosophy. But here's the thing. I'm understanding my faith better from taking that class than taking 8 years of Catholic studies. Get at me Catholic school XD

man if they had Philosophy at a Catholic school, sign me up. Too bad that would never happen D: then no one would want tot take Catholic studies and we'd all be excommunicated. (Martin Luther ftw?)

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I'm very thankful/ privileged to go to BRMHS and I'm also very thankful I'm taking Philosophy. But here's the thing. I'm understanding my faith better from taking that class than taking 8 years of Catholic studies. Get at me Catholic school XD

man if they had Philosophy at a Catholic school, sign me up. Too bad that would never happen D: then no one would want tot take Catholic studies and we'd all be excommunicated. (Martin Luther ftw?)
I'm loving my Catholic class this year. It's all philosophy, and we even read **** from Dawkins and Nietzsche. Halfway through class, we circle-jerk (circle up) and discuss. It's pretty cool.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
OMG!!!!!!! I went over him a few weeks ago. I want your religion class. The one I had at Redemptorist sucked.
Yeah, I almost miss my class from last year though. It was morality class, and the teacher was very strict. He got pissed every time someone dissented from the Catholic viewpoint. Too easy and too fun to troll him. xDDDD

Curlz

Smash Lord
^^ I hate those teachers.

One religion teacher I had said if you're not Catholic, you burn in hell. The girl in my class who was a Baptist started crying.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah, I almost miss my class from last year though. It was morality class, and the teacher was very strict. He got pissed every time someone dissented from the Catholic viewpoint. Too easy and too fun to troll him. xDDDD
Trolling the teacher nice. I'd do that too this year; if I was at Redemptorist again. The guy is a priest (only for Seniors). Can you say Bomber post count +1?

Battousai780

Smash Ace
^^ I hate those teachers.

One religion teacher I had said if you're not Catholic, you burn in hell. The girl in my class who was a Baptist started crying.
That's hilarious because it is no way the Catholic viewpoint. In fact, to Catholics, a devout Hindu is more likely to go to heaven than a Christmas Catholic. Hell, my teacher this year claims that all God looks for is that one is searching for truth. He says in theory atheists can go to heaven if they actively look for truth and determine atheism to be it. xDD He also used to smoke pot and is now a priest. wwwhhaaaa?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
That's hilarious because it is no way the Catholic viewpoint. In fact, to Catholics, a devout Hindu is more likely to go to heaven than a Christmas Catholic. Hell, my teacher this year claims that all God looks for is that one is searching for truth. He says in theory atheists can go to heaven if they actively look for truth and determine atheism to be it. xDD He also used to smoke pot and is now a priest. wwwhhaaaa?
lol. **** those people who say that. Jesus preached to Jews and Gentiles(non Jew) saying that all would be accepted back into heaven.

Imo, no matter what you believe (God or not), if you live a good life or at least try to (we all aren't perfect duh) I'll be seeing ya in heaven or wherever we go after we die. :D

lol at me being Catholic and talking like this.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
And this is why I'm an atheist

BACK TO DISCUSSING ABOUT BRAWL!!!
edit: *Breaths fire*
My pupil is already on the right track!!! I didn't have to show you that there's no God. All you have to do is look at Brawl. Does Metaknight exist? Yes? Therefore, there must be no God.

lol. **** those people who say that. Jesus preached to Jews and Gentiles(non Jew) saying that all would be accepted back into heaven.

Imo, no matter what you believe (God or not), if you live a good life or at least try to (we all aren't perfect duh) I'll be seeing ya in heaven or wherever we go after we die. :D

lol at me being Catholic and talking like this.
Yeah, if I believed in that stuff, then I would probably be like that. Although it is kind of naive.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
i like my religion class. i wish i was in a philosophy class. chs isnt pushing me away from catholicism though. i just want a philosophy class. i cant say bomber post count +1, cause this is a social thread....

i hate biblical literalists, creationists, and people like curlz's old religion teacher. they are annoying and stuff.

i think the same thing, pretty much, bomber.

being atheist doesnt make sense to me though. why wouldnt you believe in SOMETHING?

Curlz

Smash Lord
And this is why I'm an atheist

BACK TO DISCUSSING ABOUT BRAWL!!!
edit: *Breaths fire*
Go back to the Atlantic South with that shit! xD
This is the social thread, Brawl doesn't exist here.

Edit: Batto, you're logic makes no sense. Does Meta Knight exist? Yes, therefor there is a God. Meta Knight is the God of Brawl, therefor a God exists.

Chronic Alchemy

Smash Rookie
I'LL ONLY BELIEVE IN YOUR "GAWDS" IF JESUS CAME OUT OF HIDING TO SHAKE MY HAND IN PERSON, otherwise I'll stick to being atheist. 6 or 1, They're all crap...

Battousai780

Smash Ace
i like my religion class. i wish i was in a philosophy class. chs isnt pushing me away from catholicism though. i just want a philosophy class. i cant say bomber post count +1, cause this is a social thread....

i hate biblical literalists, creationists, and people like curlz's old religion teacher. they are annoying and stuff.

i think the same thing, pretty much, bomber.

being atheist doesnt make sense to me though. why wouldnt you believe in SOMETHING?
Well, I say I'm atheist. I don't care either way if there is a God or not; but I mainly refute the current gods we have, most notably the Christian one. As for not believing in anything, I can see arguments for how there could be none and the arguments for how there could be one. Again though, I don't care either way.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Because seeing is believing my friend? I could use the simple brain analogy.
That's why Faith is illogical and that's why Jesus performed miracles infront of people. Because we as humans are ignorant creatures, we can't doubt something that we see with our own eyes. XD

Edit: I also never got why people chose to be atheist, it's perplexing to me, but I can say I'll never know because I've never been raised to not believe in God or been driven away so far to denounce God. Though I've really just given up on wondering why people have their reasons solely for the fact that they have them. As long as we are on the same grounds of respect, I'm ok ie, you don't bash on me for being Catholic/Christian/God believer and I wont bash on you for being atheist.

:D

<3

Chronic Alchemy

Smash Rookie
BELIEVE IN SOMETHING??? HOW ABOUT EVOLUTION???

For all we know Jesus could of been some deranged lunatic, who could of been raised to eat, breath, and think "gawd", but none of us will truely know unless Jesus shows up like all of the catholics are saying, and makes a Coca-Cola ICEE pop out of his hand...(or some other miracle...)

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm not going to get into the "Religion Debate" because it never goes anywhere and anyone who's opinions could be swayed by such a debate is someone I'd rather explain it to in person anyway, but...

Why would you choose to believe in something? How is that any different than choosing not to believe something when there's 0 proof? Don't come back with "there is proof!" unless you have such proof to support it.

Chronic Alchemy

Smash Rookie
I'm not going to get into the "Religion Debate" because it never goes anywhere and anyone who's opinions could be swayed by such a debate is someone I'd rather explain it to in person anyway, but...

Why would you choose to believe in something? How is that any different than choosing not to believe something when there's 0 proof? Don't come back with "there is proof!" unless you have such proof to support it.
THANK YOU!!! Now back to Brawl

Sudai

Stuff here
There's tons of historical and scientific evidence for evolution. The earliest record we can find of anyone even mentioning Jesus was created decades after his supposed death. If he really was so miraculous, don't you think people would have been taking notice?

Chronic Alchemy

Smash Rookie
Did you see evolution? No. So how do you know it exists?
I didn't see it in person but it has be proven through science and many DNA testing...

You just asking that is like asking do you really biologically relate to your birth giver...

EDIT: Well it's a HIGHLY supported theory...

Top Bottom