• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
To Ran: Well right now I'm kinda moving all over the place, but currently I'm in LaPlace... (I should be back in Metairie soon... )
I'm 16, and will be getting my license in March...(When I'm 17...)

To Curlz: I knew about this place for sometime, but never decided to register until now I guess...
OMG!!!!!

I live in Destrehan!!!! You're officially my diamond in the rough pupil!

-edit-

Oh, Hiten Mitserugi is the sword style used by Battousai the Manslayer. I didn't even spell it correctly, but who cares.

Chronic Alchemy

Smash Rookie
Well, there's a tourney tomorrow; so next week? xD Iunno.
Can I'z join tourney? {If, it's online...} [otherwise, I gotz a 3 day weekend and I kinda wanna go do stuffz with my peeps & peep'ets...]

EDITZ: AM I ANY GOOD???
BSLTIGER???
(When I was like 13, I usually got in 1st or 2nd place against peopl 18 & up... so yeah I think I'm good...)[Game Trader tourneys at the Esplanade Mall]

-Ran

Smash Master
Dibbz is a local place that we tend to have a lot of meet ups at.

Dibbz Lan And Gaming Center
6850 Veterans Blvd,
Metairie, La.
504-885-1274
Description:
They have two large big screen TVs, but the colors are pretty bad. They have a sofa and a love seat with a table next to it, and various other circular tables that can support set ups. The Fee to have the TV is five bucks, even if you bring your own. They have plenty of reasonably priced snacks and drinks, and are right next to a Daiquiri shop. Beyond that, it is a Lan Center if you want to do something aside from Smash with a few arcade machines. The venue is usually open till 2am or later, pending on which employee is manning the store.

Curlz

Smash Lord
well that blows... So where does everyone normally meet?
Everyone normally meets at a Lan center called Dibbz in Metairie. You're lucky because you live in the NOLA area. I think Ran posted a link about Dibbz a couple posts up. Check that out. There are some major LA tournies coming up so people are starting to train a little harder than normal. So meets ups will be quite common.

LA has 3 areas that normally hold tournaments with our own respective TO's.

New Orleans Area - Ran Iji
Baton Rouge - FakeGeorge
Lafayette Area - Curlz, ChKn

We only have a couple people that play WiFi. I being one of them. BSL, IceMann, Oathkeeper, and I all play WiFi now and again. If you want to have some matches add my friend code and let's play. I'm online now. It'd be fun to get some matches in.

We also have a Brawl Tournament tomorrow in Lafayette. There are some people carpooling from the NOLA area so I'd ask around to see if you can come (parents permitting).

-Ran

Smash Master
We have had like four or so tournaments there that we hosted over the past year. We mostly use the place as an area to practice with each other. It's calmed down lately since the kiddos are back in school.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
not tourneys there normally. tomorrow there are two tourneys in laffy. halloween weekend there is one in br. check the first post. or the facebook group. there are all the upcoming tourneys in it.

Chronic Alchemy

Smash Rookie
not tourneys there normally. tomorrow there are two tourneys in laffy. halloween weekend there is one in br. check the first post. or the facebook group. there are all the upcoming tourneys in it.
Well... I'm not driving all the way out to Baton Rouge just for a tourney... (I'll just go to dibbz...)

Chronic Alchemy

Smash Rookie
Yeah... Carpooling... I'm gunna have to pass on that for now...:p

Ok Curlz, but you asked for it...

Edit: duh, me no Iceman, me Chronic... (Grimlock talk...:psycho:)

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ok, Icemann and BSL are online too. Let's do teams.

Me + the new kid vs BSL + IceMann

New Kid, go blue, Ice and BSL go red.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
tyler and tyler? lol

chronic: "is that all you got?"
curlz: "thats what she said"

lol.

edit: wait, which tyler is iceman? i thought the first tyler was iceman

fixed.

Sudai

Stuff here
</Too many new post. New kid picked the right time to join. I'm too tired to troll him. Bleh. Maybe later. He prolly won't read this anyway since he prolly doesn't know about my blank post. lol. Might not troll him though. His stay here prolly won't be long since he's basically refusing to go to tournies outside of NOLA and we rarely have them there anymore. XD>

r0ni

Smash Cadet
lol this thread suks, straight up shoopdoopbob, vaughn, long day, sorry i didnt get bak to u call me tomorow,<3 u

Chronic Alchemy

Smash Rookie
Gunna take a lil' break...
(I didn't know how to use those guys... I had it on random... lol...)
2 Tylers? Gasp! I'll be back on in a sec...

Top Bottom