• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ehh...if u cna just hold onto it, i'd appreciate it (unless anybody from batonrouge ever wants to make the trip to houma to play me nad lee ;)) i'd prefer it be used as little as possible, since its the only good controller i have, and prolly will be able to afford in a long time, not to sound like an ***.

i'm starting to get really tired of college .______.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure you'll ever get that controller back. Sets picked up my controller by accident about 2 weeks ago, and I have yet to see it, and we live across town. And how the heck did you forget your controller? You were just saying how much you loved that controller, and you forget it? Finally, I have that stupid "animal dance" song stuck in my head, I'm blaming you for it.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
"The animal dance? The Animal-Dance!!
Everybody's doing this wonderful dance!" :D
If ur wondering its from the TV show "Wondershowzen", which if your not farmiliar w/...is adult show that appears to be a sesame street-esque kids show. During the "animal dance" song, it shows a buncha wierd clips being played in forwards and reverse back and forth. The hi-light was a horse coming out a the vaginu, wiggling back and forth..*shivers*

hm..i found my controller in my car in a wierd spot..oh well. Nevermind then...but eh..i take that controller if noone claims it. In actually "my controller" that i have now...and used at the smashfest..really isn't mine..somewhere along the lines my original controller got swapped w/ this bruised one...so i've always just said its mine, ever since, cuz i reckoned i'd never find my original (wherever it is) :(

but eh..i take that one, if noone claims it =D

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
bleh..i'll just change my password..it won't be the first time

not like anybody can do anything w/ my myspace password anyway...it has a number...and what insane person in their right mind actually uses a number if they do'nt have to?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
New Tier LA list

Tier 1-Lee, Cyphus
Tier 2-John, Taylor, Eet, Nicknyte, Ray, Ricky, RSIA
Tier 3- Flarefox, Blaise, Vaughn, Patrick

or

Tier 1-Lee, Cyphus
Tier 2-John, Taylor, Eet, Ray, Ricky, RSIA
Tier 3- Flarefox, Blaise, Nicknyte, Patrick, Vaughn

Im somewhere up there.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Ha. I'd say the first three were kinda right, except where you fall. The next tier should be Tier 4- Everyone else in Louisiana, Tier 5- Nicknyte. lol. Also, learn some english. Not "New tier LA list", it should be "New LA tier list."

SirSka

Smash Cadet
I like to think I am in the middle of the tier list. I am good, but not good enough on a constant basis, I fluctuate my goodness. Yeah, I am in the middle.....................for now.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

I chose not to rank myself since I didn't want to come off as being pretentious.

But I do enjoy being overtly pretentious by telling everyone I'm in TA now. :D

*showered with rocks*

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
bleh..i was thinking about it too in class today...
i think john deserves to go up in me and lee's tier...although he only has 1 good character...his marth did win 1st place in that west FL tournament which says alot. And he hasn't been played since before then. And i'd say he's deffinately better than Tier 2...and although Lee did beat him alot last time, John did manage to 3 stock lee's fox once, as well as go even with my Link and Ice.

* = unconfirmed return to the tourney scene

Tier 1: Lee, Cyphus, John
Tier 2: Taylor*, Eet, Ricky, Ray
Tier 3: Mary, RSIA*, Blaise, Flarefox*
Tier 4: Setsuma and everyone else
Tier 5: (...besides) Nicknyte

j/k <3
but yea, my first 3 tiers, i believe pretty hardcore in. Under that, i could name a few people...but it gets really blurry on where to draw the line for the next tier...and i really would just be guessing.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I wish most of those people on the list still played/lived nearby. If not so I could beat them a bunch and take their spot, then only to better myself. Not saying I'd beat them a bunch.
I made a list a long time ago of people that I wanted to play, either for the first time or a rematch. There's only a few left on it that I have left to beat.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Tier 3: Mary, RSIA*, Blaise, Flarefox*
Tier 4: Setsuma and everyone else
Tier 5: (...besides) Nicknyte, Iceman

Tier 5 is the I'm better than all of you tier.

Um.....I dont want to be captain. :D I'm cool being tier 5. :p

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to concede (grammar check) my name from the list, no matter where it may fall (either high or low). I hate the actual Smash tier list, not because Luigi is so low on it, but mostly because it dashes the dreams of any Link, Pikachu, etc character that has aspirations of Smash domination. So in turn, I hate any tier list that deviates from statistics. Meaning only how well you do (as a character or a person) should be involved in the making of any list, unless the name of the list is "who do you think should be top tier?" To me, wins=better. If it were up to statistics only, LSU would be the sole winner of the 2003 National Championship, but thanks to opinionative voting, we have to share it with those SouthCal queers. So unless I'm No. 1 in La. (which is never, just using an example), don't include me in any lists.
On a lighter note, before some of you saw me, did you think I looked like my avatar?
Another side note: I had a dream last night that I was just walking through the Life Science Bldg ( a normal school dream, except with my clothes on), and I was talking to people, and all of a sudden there was a target (Break the Targets target) in the air, so I friggin jumped up and sex kicked it. Then I went back to talking like nothing had happened. I only knew it was a dream cause I didn't WD when I came down.

Esprit

Smash Rookie
lmao Ice I've had WoW dreams like that before... I fell asleep in class once and woke up and I was confused as hell because I couldn't figure out who was the main tank (is it Taylor, is it Jeff? Maybe Keith?) >>

but yeah I've never really had any dreams of dominating anyone, I expect to lose most of the time I play because I'm Link >>

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i really hate that pic of you eet..u look like a grandmaw.
take a new pic with a smirk showing some teeth and those sexy squintin' laid back eyes of yours.
maybe some wind effect for your hair, too.

Sudai

Stuff here
I still say we need a full round robin some day. >.>

And I think it's funny that Nick always says he's better than me and SetsumA when both of us usually go 3/4 on him. :p

eet

Smash Ace
yeah setsumas falcos pretty sexy now...and patrick is rly good also, so theyre prolly tier 3 pretty easily now..

as far as a general rule for the tiers, id say its probable that the tier beneath someone has a chance to beat the person in one tier above, but it is relativly improbable that they will do so. So for instance, its not crazy to say rsia beat lee in a fox ditto, but would generally lose in a 2/3..and occasinaly get 3 stocked lol. it jus flucuates... anyway uh....*****.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Yeah, because once I get my connections back, its on like donkey kong. Who is ny the way a bad m*****f****r. I watched a few vids of a awsome donkey player beating a very good fox player. I was crazy.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

That and Fox is also too fast for DK to grab really. And the fact taht his 0-Death combo is pretty systematic and requires only a few motions means the Fox player should know what he should do when caught in the Cradle, u-throw chainthrow/U-air juggle. Also DK's huge. >_> One JC U-smashed or grab that launches him into the air will make him really susceptible to U-air juggles =/= good for DK. He does take longer to kill because of his weight, but it's never a good idea to be u-air juggled by a Fox. And DK can't recover if he's under the ledge, so a shine + edgehog should do him in. And it's not exactly a good thing for DK to have such an obvious recovery.

eet

Smash Ace
=========
Current LA tier**
=========
Tier 3: RSIA*, Mary, Setsuma, Blaise
Tier 4: Vaughn, Sudai, Dustin, Matt, Sars Pirate
Tier 5: ShyGuy*, Randall, Sirska, BakeMonkey, Nicknyte, Iceman
Tier 6: Phil, Gamma, Jared, Derek, Austin, Audrey, Kalzar

* Out of Practice (OOP)