• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Audi

Smash Rookie
so yea, i'm an *** of a critic.

not at all, Cyphus, thanks for the feedback! the chainthrow advice is especially appreciated, now that i look back at it, yeah what we were doing was pretty ******** >_>. one of my main fallacies is u-air addiction, i always go for it when a simple nair/bair would do the job...but yeah, my game needs work, esp. edgeguarding, as you pointed out.

btw, i just realized this is my first post >_<
hey all, i'm Audi (Tony), errr supposedly a marth main, but my marth isn't very good...which is why we posted no marth/falcon vids (sars's main is falcon), those vids were teh suck.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
No worries Cyhpus. And yeah, I agree about the whole edgeguarding thing, and for the most part we actualy do use Bair edgeguards more often than not. But since it was a ditto, and since Tony and I wanted to make things atleast more hectic for us, we kinda wanted to go all out and shinespike.

And for the Chainthrow comment, the thing is I know about U-throw to JC U-smash, but the problem is that for some reason I can't get it off as well . . . >_> Sounds weird, but I just can't follow and JC and U-smash that quickly especially if their DI is minimal. *shrugs* That's just me though, and for the most party I really don't go for chaingrabs. As for Tony, the guy's trying to get better with U-throw juggles all around so his Marth can get better. And I've got no excuse for my DI . . . I thought I could do better, but I ended up like not DIing for a whlie until i finally woke up and was like wtf . . .

So anyways, thanks for the comments. We'll be sure to add them to our game. >_> I think the overall problem really is though that we have a lot of smash knowledge, but we tend to forget to implement half the stuff we know due to lack of experience and lack of smashfest time. I mean, Tony and I only really play like once every two or three weeks now since he lievs in Slidell. So it's like every time I get to see him, we both end up dropping some mindgames and old techniques but get to become a bit more technical instead. :/

Bad tradeoff and all, but it really can't be helped now. And yeah, sorry about the mass spammage of Fox only vids. And seriously thank you. Since we aren't able to make it to a lot of smashfests and play with you guys, I think this is the only way we'll be able to grow so thanks a lot!!!

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
welcome to boards, Audi. =D

but yea, don't worry about me drawing any conclusions. Cuz i'm just a pesimistic kinna guy. I enjoyed the vids and thought they were good..but either way..its not your capt and marth, so its what little can be determined isn't that important anyway.
i'm sure if u watched a vid of me playing as capt, u'd have plenty "wtf"s yourself, haha.

hm..do u JC upsmashes w/ the button? I think most people, including myself, prefer just using the stick. in a quarter-circle rotation w/ A. its also how i JC grab. a very Street Fighter-esque style of Forward to Up A. But maybe its just more soothing for me, cuz i'm an MvC2 player by natuer :-/

but yea..that capture card u used seems to work great...i have orientation at target tomorrow morning...not sure whats going to happen this weekend(if its more orientation or what not) but everybody keep the LA board posted on what smashfests are going on, how exclusive it is on vacancy, where, when, and whence?!!

but yea, i'm awesome.
got a negative bank account.....but still awesome. =D
i'll prolly be able to get a capture card in a couple months.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Dude, we can have a smash fest at my house saterday!
So like, yeah, one on friday and one on saterday
:]]

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Addresses would be appreciated. If you're worried about putting your address/phone # on the internet, PM it to some people and they'll get the word out. There's no doubt I'm coming tommorrow (Friday). I want to play Patrick again. And Sets, are you gonna make it tommorrow?

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
iceman, thats the stupidest **** you have ever seen, i would make it to any smash tourny in LA. smash is the f*in sH*t:]

Mary

Smash Rookie
i guess were gonna have it at my place. my address is 5151 highland road(highland plantation apartments) apt # 224, baton rouge, la 70808. Take the entrance with the big yellow sign. pass two mini-sidestreets and my apartment is on the corner right after the second sidestreet. everyone might want to park in the visitors parking lot, cause they tow at night. my phone is 3373393618. call if you need help. get here around 5-6 or whenever.

Sudai

Stuff here
Sweet.

I should be there tonight for a little while. Not sure if I can go to Sets' place on saturday though. Gonna have to see how long Natalie wants to stay at the dance.. x.X

Edit: People need to bring VCRs >.>

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
2 STDs in one weekend! This hasn't happened since that trip to Lake Charles.
Check this out. There's a tourny in Hammond every week (or bi-week), but the rules are messed up. There's 5 stock (not so bad), and random level (really bad). Leech(Pikachu) had to play at PokeFloats and Flatzone back to back.
BTW, is any equiptment needed for tonight/tommorrow? I can't bring anything, but if we don't have enough TVs/Cubes/discs/a power strip/anything else, this could be a problem.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

While we're doing STDs all the time, we should also make a plan for a big(er? and more formal?) tourney. Anyone have a plan?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Do you guys actually smash until dawn? or is the term STD just thrown around randomly like "I Love You".

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about these true-blooded Baton Rouge folk, but when New Roads (my old residence) Smashers said we were gonna play til the sun comes up, we did it. That's before we knew it was called an std. I'll play all night if anyone's willing to play with me.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

When Tony, me, colin, and Ryan get together, we always play till the sun comes up which is horrible since we usually play at Tony's house which is in Slidell and an hour's drive away. So by the time we have to go, we're all like . . . dead and afraid to drive. >_> And not to mention that Colin's driving is naturally scary.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ite....well lee's gonna get outta school soon..i'll talk to him if we can still go...
if its ok, i got my friend Gamma(Luigi) playa who like pwn everyone too.
not sure if we're staying for both smashfests...we'll just wing it..and see what happens.

cell = 985-232-5410

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
and WTF at the thread title?
a DOUBLE STD???
WF..ITS A FREAKIN" DOUBLE STD
CAPITALIZE THAT ****, SON!!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

Dibbz said that we can organize tourneys there no problem just in case anyone is interested.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
we deffinately can't make the 2nd smashfest, cuz lee's got homecoming...

but we still might come tonight..but not sure...
who is all going to this?..i mean..if its only gonna be Mary, Set, and 2 other guys....u know...we might prefer waiting it out for another time.
So...if anybody knows anybody thats going gimme an IM...
Lee's getting his tuxedo atm...and i told him we'll talk about it when he's done.
thanx

but yea...somebody bring a TV to marys...something 18 in are bigger would be nice ^__^

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ITE...
me, Lee, and Gamma are all going.

somebody please bring another TV and GC, or 2...PLEEZ!!1123 :(

we'll prolly get there around 7:30.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
****, actual STDs... and two of them no less. Makes me wish I still lived somewhat near you guys. :ohwell:

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to dissapoint, Manko, but we didn't make it til the actual sunrise. There were some good excuses from the people that would've played til daybreak-Cyphus had to drive Lee back in the morning, I think a few people were drunk, and me, Setsuma, and Dylan(?) made it til like 4:30 before reevaluating our lives and realizing we were playing a game til after 4 in the morning:) We almost made it. But to have two nightly smashfests back to back is pretty cool. I think they're starting today's at like 4 or 5.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
yeah, people should start comming around like 5:30 or so
so give me an IM to whoever is going.

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
Hey

Well im new too the fourms but u have been playing smash for a while now so heres a breif introduction.

my name is Dylan(kalzar) 14 years old and i live in baton rouge

my main is fox and my off characters are sheik and flaco

and ill be at this STD but ill be late :ohwell:

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
mary..or anybody...i leave my controller there? i can't find it...
its a patinum controller with a bruise or 2 on the back side...
i don't think i left it there...cuz i believe i have a memory taking it to my car...but alas....amnesia is the sux.

anyway..yea...i'm awesome.

Mary

Smash Rookie
yeah i found your controller cyphus. its at my house. um how will we make the exchange?

Top Bottom