• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I think I made Shyguy unhappy :( If you dont want us to be battle rouge. I can always change the name to.....um....The Nicknyte Corporation. I am not serious about kicking you out of anything O_O Thats why you was in battle rouge still.

"im the only one with a frickin "official" battle rouge tag u cant just come in and be like ok im in this crew, add random people and then proceed to try to kick off the real members"

I never really kicked off the real members BTW. I just didnt know Tim and all the other guys before. I just though It would be cool, but if want to be all mean about it.

Battle Rouge isnt a crew really. More of a registry of smashers in battle rouge. So um, how about this, I challenge Shyguy for the Battle Rouge name :D *gasp* But if you cant, I'd be more than happy to change the name of our group.

BTW yell at Bakemonky too, He added himself *run*

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
so wheres this smashfest at? address? :(
me and lee can come? we can crash the night?
my cell is 985-232-5410, help me!111 : (
whose all going? who wants a body massage??!

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Okay people

Smash till Dawn at my place.

ADDRESS: 4981 Inniswold RD
City: Baton Rouge

CELL #: 907-7282
Call for any additional information

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yayz!! everybody needsto show!

a ton of people are suppose to show!!!!

me and lee'll get there a lil late though..prolly round 8ish...who knows.

:D

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So ah, everyone who's intereseted in getting a capture card, just to let you know the Dazzle works for me. :D!!! So ah hopefully I can get some vids up in the near future so you guys can help me out!!!

Sudai

Stuff here
Last night was aweasome... >.> I found a new favorite char to play as~ whii

I hate my capture card....there's a 3s lag to it so I just bought an imput splitter and record on the comp while watching the other imput. <.<;

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I missed it. That sux. I was looking forward to a massage :). Who did well/bad/ok? I need details. Did anyone take pictures? Who all went? Was there booze? When's the next one? Did anyone play with the Green Demon? Was anyone gay, I mean, Marth? hah. I won't miss next time. EET, do y'all play in the Union? And when I say y'all, I mean anyone? I'm having withdrawals. I play Leech2 every other day, I play Nicknyte alot, and I played Setsuma and that other fella last week, but I really don't get to play too much. My game's gone to feces. I really want to play Mary again, I wasn't ready for Marth last time. My Luigi was still in his pre-teen stage. Now he's in his late teenage stage, but I'm still nowhere near RAM. RAM 4 life.

Esprit

Smash Rookie
I beat Cyphus's Doc with Link! (.....after he jumped off twice, and it totally wasn't a true victory, but still lolol)

It was really fun ^_^

Sudai

Stuff here
I beat Mary once, he beat me the rest of the fights (between 5-10 fights I think).
I played ICs like...half the night and made a few people mad about my blizzard chain throwing (though now I can do an even worse one. XP) and even had one guy refuse to play my ICs....lol. *happy on the inside*
I got Lee to 2 stocks 90% without him SDing~ :D (person best)
Cyphus is now best Peach in LA.
Eric -still- can't pillar.
Satsuma and me played a lot and we kept going back and fourth till around 7AM when he beat me 4-5 times in a row. (Usually went win 2 lose 2 or something like that, I can't remember.)
We were going to do a RR but I think all that got played was me vs Nick 2-0 and no one else seemed to care. XP

Iceman, we need to get together and smash together..WD-induced fight! Gogogogogo~ (Green Machine vs the Sadistic Bro/Masochistic Sister [I know....too long to sound good. >.>])

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I would have came but I havent been checking the boards enough. I found out a bit late. I'll try to catch the next gathering.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Um, ah, same.

>_>

Also, Tony and I actually have vids up right now; but they were from like a ****load long time ago (like April or something) since we decided to record because I bought a capture card hoping it'd work but didnt . . . But my dazzle lets me upload those matches, but they kinda suck.

But ah, just take my word on it. The quality's real nice, and it's better to use WMM than Pinnacle studios for this thing. WMM lets you get vids that are like 8-15 megs with good quality and lets you fool around with editting really easily.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Next get together I would like to record a few of my matches and put them in the video forums. People wil flame, people will actually help with advice, and we can all have a good laugh.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Sure.

Just to let you guys know, if I ever do get my *** out of my house with my crew and go to some smash get together, I'll bring a VCR and record matches and put them up. And if you guys also want go ahead and bring other VCRs too, but don't expect me to get everything up. <_____< I can only do so much!

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
yeah, me and mary were about equal.
His falco beat mine a couple of more than i beat his though,
still, i got to play that **** match that ive been wanting to play for like the last 3 weeks LOL?! :D anddd yeah, i own cyphus :] Jk i luh yew cy cy :D

Anyway, yeah, we should really like, have these once every week or so lol

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I think I found my second. I won't say who it is, but I need EET to show me how to play him. I'd ask Ska, (who is a certified knight) but he's in friggin Monroe (not to give out too many hints).

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ANNOUCEMENT
MELEE TOURNAMENT NOV. 3RD AT ALLADIN'S PALACE ARCADE IN LAFAYETTE MALL. 10 DOLLAR ENTRANCE FEE AT DOOR. 8 DOLLAR ENTRANCE FEE PREREGISTERED.

but speaking of the most recent smashfest anyway...
me and lee had an awesome time. good to play everyone that showed up. =D

The whole struggle for sleep w/ being told we had to leave at 7am was quite the suprising, undelightful buttsex for me, but when i recieved the less evil news that we could sleep for a few more hours, it didn't help much that Setsuma took my sofa (instead of picking up his clothes on his bed) and then i had to constantly enter and break sleep on the floor to the sound of the cheesiest, most-cliched- high-pitch screaming anime that setsuma insisted he "watch" while he "sleeps" on the sofa. So...truth be told, all that pretty much ruined it for me...considering i'm a sleep-***** and had a 2.7 hour road trip ahead of me dropping off both of my friends before getting home.

eet

Smash Ace
lol thats hilarious..setsuma pwned your sleep.

and yeah Regarding that peach ditto, i think i have the best peach still, but cyphus is just a better player (for now) lol

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
of course i'm a better player. I'm a Smash Lord while you're still but a Smash Apprentice.

but yea...i was thinking...the LA community is a sexy thing and big enough for quite the variety of players...but we still don't good representation for many characters!
Here's a basic breakdown, where I forget over half the LA smash community (like always)

Mario: Ricky, Twally, ?
Bowser: Cyphus, ?
Yoshi: ?
DK: ?
Capt: SarsPirate, ?
Ness: Randall?, ?
Kirby: Vaughn, ?
Link: Cyphus, Dustin?, ?
Pichu: ?
Pikachu: ?
Jigglypuff: Lee, ?
Mewtwo: Lee, ?
Mr.G&W: Cyphus, ?
Roy: John, ?

As far as good/situationally useful characters go...
Capt, Jigs, Mario, Link, and Pika need volunteers! >:o

DK, Mewtwo, Roy, Kirby, Bowser, Pichu, Yoshi, Ness. Mr.G can suck our balls amirite? lmao
but nah..bottom/low tier needs loving too. Anybody playing/want to play as these jerks?
Iunno who i'm gonna learn next..i'm thinking kirby or ness.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
In our crew

Doc: SarsPirate, Ryan
Luigi: SarsPirate, Colin
Mario: SarsPirate, Ryan
Bowser: SarsPirate
Yoshi: Colin
DK: SarsPirate
Capt: SarsPirate :D
Ness: Tony
Kirby: Tony
Link: SarsPirate
Pichu: Colin
Pikachu: Colin, SarsPirate
Jigglypuff: Ryan
Mewtwo: SarsPirate
Mr.G&W: Ryan
Roy: Ryan
Marth: Tony, SarsPirate, Colin
Peach: SarsPirate, Colin
Young Link: Ryan
Falco: SarsPirate, Ryan
Fox: SarsPirate, Tony
Ice Climbers: SarsPirate
Samus: SarsPirate, Tony, Colin(?)
Ganondorf: SarsPirate
Sheik: SarsPirate, Ryan
Zelda: SarsPirate

So ah yeah. Go us >_>

PS: Variety players are the sexiest.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i guess what i was getting at was who is known for each character and/or really good with. 18 characters is quite a number to say u specialize in. You have turnip and floatcanceling down with peach? Missle-platform canceling with Samus? Shuffled UpAirs with DK? Tail spiking with Pika?

I mean...by all means I think i can play as all 26 characters and beat up many people...but thats just because i'm a smart player, not particulary trained for each character, which is why i don't consider myself a fox player, even though i can infinite combo or a Kirby player even though I used to play him. I still would have much work to be done to give respect to that character's potential as seen by their character-specific community.

Either way, ur list of characters is pretty much proportional to my list of characters that need more use: Capt, Mario, Jigs, Link, Pika. Does anyone in ur crew main or truly stand out with them? (excluding ur capt., of course ^_^) which is who i'm now considering learning...i mean..i love F-Zero..why am i not playing as him? <__>

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

I actually do have floatcancelling down with peach, missle cancelling came as a natural response since I blow at Double missling with Samus, shuffled u-airs isn't exactly the hardest part about DK, and tail spiking I admit is erratic but my main bit with Pikachu rests more with JC U-smashes or U-smashes from shields anyways.

I admit, 18 characters is kinda ridiculous. And I'm not going to say that I'm proficient with all of them (I wish, but I'm not). I dont' play with all 18 characters repeatedly so my skills for each one dies down a bit. All the high tier characters I tend to play over and over for obvious reasons. But everyone else kinda comes and goes. But if I stick to each of them a bit, I start to get the hang of them once again.

But I guess you have a point. >_> I mean realistically speaking, I can only go even against Tony's Marth with Mid+ tier and do really well with Bowser, Link, and Luigi for lowtier and below. So ah, make it 14 characters . . .

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I play Luigi. If all the players in La. were to be given set characters whom they main, or at least who they are known for, I would hope that I would be given Luigi. I also know a pretty good Pika. Maybe some people would argue with me, seeing as he didn't do so hot the last tourny he went to, but they have to remember, he's playing with friggin Pika. In fact, I'm kinda proud of the New Roads smashers. Four out of five of us are low tier (Luigi, Link, Mario, and Pika), and we all picked our characters before the tier list came out and we stuck with them, and when Brawl comes out I'm almost positive we'll keep them then, also.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ah for the record, I've always played Captain Falcon. >_> I didn't even know he was that high up the tier list; I just wanted somebody really fast since those are my favorite kind of characters in Fighting Games (I didn't pick Fox because I did a lot of fairs off the edge . . . Wow I blew).

Also I'm going to try recording on Tuesday and will upload as much as possible. :) I'm not saying thse vids will be the most spectacular or that I'm one of the best in Louisiana. But I think my skill's . . . respectable? :)

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I've always been Marth. I was going through a Samurai Phase after watching Bleach, so when I started comepetitive, I picked Marth cause Ichigo is bad azz. I could have picked Roy but um....Roy is teh suxorz. BTW Ice's Luigi is awesome. Never fight on the ground with him <_<;

Sudai

Stuff here
I honnestly don't know who I'm better known as..a Doc or Fox player.....I know who I will soon be known for though! :D

I managed to get down the most aweasome taunt...Taunt Desync to Nana Taunt to Popo WD Taunt to Nana WD Taunt, repeat from Popo's WD Taunt.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Cyphus, i luh yew, and btw, sorry for all the confusion about the whole, OMG IAHVE TO LEAVE AT 7:00! My dad was like freeking out idk why but he was o_<

Esprit

Smash Rookie
I didn't notice your dad flipping out over anything :0

and I main Link, although I don't know how I guage against other people, someone tell me :X

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Oh and EET like call my cell i guess, we could hang out or something LYKE 101

its on the LA locator.

Top Bottom