• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Sure... We can manage that. Just let me know when you get there so we can think of something.
I'll probably be supplying the setup for melee as "payment" for the laffy melee players for driving me. Lol. Unless we need it for Brawl, but I'm sure Bomber is all over that.

Thanks.

'V'

Smash Lord
Alright, guys. I've given a little time for October to pass so I could put November on the calendar. Whatever events you have planned will be posted up there. There's still plenty of time to set things up, so there's no rush.

Note that LasT 4 has been added. All other information for this event should be shared and discussed in its tournament thread and not all around in this thread.

Everyone get ready for some awesomeness at Gameware on Friday!!!

Hyro

Smash Lord
So I'm going into surgery tomorrow on my jaw. Their going to go inside, pull out teeth, cut the skin, cut a hole into the bone and stick a tube in it. I'm scared as ****.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
hyro, your gonna get the best drugs from the dctor!!!!

SIP SIP SIPN ON SOME SIZUUUUUUUUUUUURP

r0ni

Smash Cadet
double post to say sorry to freddy, i didnt ignore you today, i fell asleep, i got off the comp, laid down, BAM 4 hours past, i love ya <3

-Ran

Smash Master
The Diamond in a Rough Challenge
Find one person that has not placed on average in the top half of a state tournament and see how good you can make them before LAST. During LAST we'll have the trainers drop money [5dollars] on their pupils [who would also pay 5 dollars] in a round robin against each other or if we have a large amount a full double elimination tournament. This should be a team effort of your local community.

Function: By investing time in a player that has interest in Smash and focusing each city's effort on them, we can create at the very least three competitive smash players in the course of a mouth. This is assuming that Houma, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans equally participate. However it has become clear that individuals want to show how amazing they can make someone. So this is going to be a matter of mostly one Coach and one Player.

Recommendation: Nothing says that you have to only train one player in your group,; however, only one will be able to represent your local community at LAST for the Diamond in the Rough Challenge. It'd probably be best to train multiple that way the one with the best growth would be able to represent, or you'd have an alternate.

Coaching Rules: During an actual match the only thing a Coach can provide is encouragement to their player; however during the counter picking process they will be allowed to speak to their student to provide ANY information that they see fit. Also, they are obviously able to help their student prior to the start of the match. Essentially they'd be able to help their student with strategy, counter picking, encouragement and whatever other insight they could muster. Mum's the word once a match is in progress though.
Interested:
Jnig
Nitez
Hyro
Ran Iji
Vaughn
Cyphus
Roni
Jiovanni

So any other takers? This is going to be amazing. My pupil is going to destroy.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
wait wait wait... let me get this straight. you guys got so bored with brawl that now you want to train scrubs and bet on them to see who is the best at teaching brawl?

haha... you guys are crazy =)

-Ran

Smash Master
Ricky it's community building and it makes for an amazing side event to LAST. Hawks, I'll run your numbers in a bit. Yea, you're good to go Hawks.

Ps: Guy I'm training is probably going to have Falco as a secondary. Did I mention this means I'll be learning Falco in the process? Oops.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
ZOMG, WTF, Hawks?

NO, I'M THE ONLY Falco MAIN HEA.
You're not even real. Falco ditto me 'cause it's gay and brings out the worst in Brawl and it'll make it easier for me to quit again. And why's everybody's name green?

Plus, unless this happens late on the Sunday of LasT I'm not going to be able to do it :/ I still work Friday Afternoon - Sunday Afternoon and don't get back in BR until about 7-8 PM usually. And I'm only going to be able to be trained in BR . . . on weekdays >_> God****it. Oh well. This is why I gave up mostly.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
I'm talking to turok about it today. I'm pretty sure we can go, and I have a setup to bring, no tv. I've got brawl and melée. Bomber is also bringing a wii? Also, do I qualify as a noob? It sounds like a fun thing. Hahaha.

EDIT: Me and Turok are going for sure.... If his parents say so.... Freaking parents.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I'm talking to turok about it today. I'm pretty sure we can go, and I have a setup to bring, no tv. I've got brawl and melée. Bomber is also bringing a wii? Also, do I qualify as a noob? It sounds like a fun thing. Hahaha.

EDIT: Me and Turok are going for sure.... If his parents say so.... Freaking parents.
Good, maybe I could show you Wolf tricks.

eet

Smash Ace
Ima train bsl. bsl I hope you ready to get high, son. Cause dats how I win.

We can start out with brawl and then ease into melee, since its hard. (I dunno how familiar you are with the depth of melee)

You live in BR right? Do you have a car/how old are you? I can bring you to my house sometime this week to play, but I dont own a Wii, so well have to find one lol.

Besides, Who do you think REALLY taught roni? : ) (life, not smash)

Scrubs left:
Curlz
Turok
?
?

RickyB

Smash Cadet
you should do it eet. people don't know how to drink or smoke anymore. It really is an important part of growing up and developing into a functioning adult. imo

ChKn

Smash Ace
To those that are going to the Laffy PnT Saturday:

If anyone of you guys has a foldable table, would you be able to bring it just in case? I don't know if we'll have enough room for TV setups in that one small area.

And for setups I got:
3 Wiis(Myself, Curlz, and a friend)
3 TVs(Curlz and a friend)

I forgot what my friends were bringing. And George may come so 4 for each.

eet

Smash Ace
remember that time we all had so much fun and played smash beer pong? Oh wait. We havent done that yet. Wtf? despite the fact that I have no idea how that'd work.

'V'

Smash Lord
remember that time we all had so much fun and played smash beer pong? Oh wait. We havent done that yet. Wtf? despite the fact that I have no idea how that'd work.
How do you keep coming up with scenarios that never happened?

Hyro

Smash Lord
Ok I'm back that laughing gas was the **** I needa get some for you roni.

Anyways, they pulled out my wisdom tooth and looked for a syst but so no systic lining, just a giant hollow bone, which isn't normal so they said don't play sports or get in a fight because your jaw might break and if it does we wouldn't be able to rebuild it without any bone so we'd have to put in a metal plate and that they scratched in the hole to make it bleed so that my body would know to rebuild bone in their but it's over now and my lip is reaaaaaalllly really numb and it's pissing me off and the gauze in my mouth is annoying as **** but there's still good from all this since now I made my mom go buy me soup and I LOVE soup and run on sentences.

The end. Also I wanted to coach someone but apparently they have to be REALLY bad and honestly I don't want to coach anyone that bad. Arc you have to go to the tournies this weekend...ditch your non-smash friends for a change lol

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Umm... Well, I'm 15, so I don't have a car. I'm sure my parents would disapprove of me going to some guy's house that they don't know, and is in college, assuming you are in college. And they already don't really like me playing brawl, so I doubt that I can go to your house. Highly. Maybe over wifi? Hahaha. I was sort of kidding when I said that, but if You think it would work, then I'm all for it.

Top Bottom