• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I might be up for playing poker at Hyro's. At least it's something other than Brawl. And I've wanted to play for a while, but never got to.
This.

I've been wanting to get into poker for some time now - it's one of those things that I'm pretty sure I'd be good at if I actually applied myself to it a bit. If you guys don't mind me showing up I'll probably be down to come hang and play some hands.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ok so wtf? My comp says it's 6:17, my phone says its 6:13 and my wall clock says its 10 till 6? my wall clock was always like 5 minutes slower than my comp.

Need to go brush me teeth; smells like vomit. literally. :(

'V'

Smash Lord
Important Post Here!!!

ATTENTION!!

Alright, guys. I'm posting this morning just as a reminder to all of you that we have officially entered the month of October, where we, the LA smash community, have 6 events planned. That's gotta be a new monthly record or something, right? (Even if not all of them are completely smash.)

Our calendar first comes to this weekend, where we have "Project: Save the Sea in New Iberia" on the 9th and Hyro's Drinkfest in N.O. on the 10th right after that. Who's bringing setups and whatnot? Get some hype and get some people to come to these.

Curlz has some help with his tourney this Friday just in case he needs it. There's 4 full setups for it right now, but he wants to do teams as well? We'll need more if he wants to really do both and get done on time for the venue's sake. Refer to his tourney page and post there if you wanna provide some help and stuff.

Sudai and I are probably carpooling there, so if anyone from BR wants to come along, I'll be able to fit one more person in the car.

Also If anyone wants to do something this week, I'll most likely be up for it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ATTENTION!!

Alright, guys. I'm posting this morning just as a reminder to all of you that we have officially entered the month of October, where we, the LA smash community, have 6 events planned. That's gotta be a new monthly record or something, right? (Even if not all of them are completely smash.)

Our calendar first comes to this weekend, where we have "Project: Save the Sea in New Iberia" on the 9th and Hyro's Drinkfest in N.O. on the 10th right after that. Who's bringing setups and whatnot? Get some hype and get some people to come to these.

Curlz has some help with his tourney this Friday just in case he needs it. There's 4 full setups for it right now, but he wants to do teams as well? We'll need more if he wants to really do both and get done on time for the venue's sake. Refer to his tourney page and post there if you wanna provide some help and stuff.

Sudai and I are probably carpooling there, so if anyone from BR wants to come along, I'll be able to fit one more person in the car.

Also If anyone wants to do something this week, I'll most likely be up for it.
I talked with the guy friday who is letting us use the Chinese Inn and he has 2 TVs for us to use; I also talked to a guy named Josh, who is Link Eiyu's friend, he said that him and Link will most likely come, maybe get Kirok to come, he will be bringing a TV too however as nice as it is to have all those TVs we really only have one complete setup. I will be working on that day and wont get there in time (I work at 8 and doors open at 11). My first thought was to leave my stuff in Vaughn's car but I have no idea when I'd be seeing him next. MY only window of opportunity would be GameWare but if you guy are still going after 10 then I can make it just to say hi and bye and drop off my stuff if Vaughn doesn't mind lol.

'V'

Smash Lord
Gameware runs until midnight, Dominic. You'll be able to leave your stuff with me from there.

Speaking of Gameware, we only need 2 setups for Mario Kart, so there should be plenty of room for you guys to find a place to play Brawl/Melee for friendlies. Not many setups are needed for Street Fighter and Blazblue also.

1,000th post

Edit: Ran posted something earlier that I think would really help in the long run for our tourneys. It would really help for this month as well.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8548554#post8548554

eet

Smash Ace
I still haven't played Blazblue, but I guess I'm gonna enter. And I'm glad I'm in the Melee backroom but how do I find it? Lol and who do I have to two stock to be added to the Brawl Backroom?

and its nice during the week day. All the kiddy's at school instead of posting.

'V'

Smash Lord
I still haven't played Blazblue, but I guess I'm gonna enter. And I'm glad I'm in the Melee backroom but how do I find it? Lol and who do I have to two stock to be added to the Brawl Backroom?

and its nice during the week day. All the kiddy's at school instead of posting.
lol, eet. It's in your social groups.

You should enter Mario Kart too. It'll be fun. =D

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Yo baby, wasup? I had way too much fun before and after HOMO HOBO, but not so much during. I'm gonna **** this weekend, and next weekend, but not the weekend after that (it's melee duh). I'ma go on a fckin tear. In doubles, too. I've decided to take dubs much more seriously so be afraid. You wanna MM? You can have it, only if you have enough rupees $1-5. My Wario vs. watevs. Bring it. It doesn't have to wait till LasT. Just don't be too drunk at Hyro's. This October will be remembered as the month that JNig reigned supreme!

/trashtalk

LA too nice. I'm now corrupted/crazy. Thank you Lee, Sudai, Roni. Double ty to Sudai for the rides to and fro.

Great post/thread Ran. Practically all of those rules you said were broken at HOBO, which leads to the fact that I may never go to another HOBO again. I've never felt this bad after a tourney since I ran the timer on Arc. And I got 17th!

BR what's happenin? Hit me up on AIM anybody! I miss the NO crew! :cry: Tears of passion!

Sudai

Stuff here
JNig, I truly apologize for making you crazy, but at the same time, you're welcome. :] You'll find that life is much more fun with way. :D

Woo. Woo! WOO! ............WAAAUUHHHH!!

Curlz

Smash Lord
Oathkeeper wont be at NEWBeria, I want a partner. Who's interested in teaming? JNig/Sudai?

Sudai promised to team with me one day, but he may not be there friday :'[

Curlz

Smash Lord
NiTEZ, you need to come to New Iberia and be my partner.
Vaughn/Sudai can fit one more person, go with them. :]

ChKn

Smash Ace
Curlz, I got a pretty crazy idea for Friday. I'll tell you Friday though cause it involves a diagram.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Lol. Something crazy sounds like something to look forward to.

Can you PM it to me or something with a picture and stuff? I'm an impatient ****er. Lol.

IMPORTANT

For the tournament friday, should I make entry $5 or $10? Lee isn't allowed to vote.

I think $10 may be a bit much for a first tournament for the locals, but it could mean a bigger pot. But if the entry is too big people might not join which could make the pot smaller.

Input?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
You said there's gonna be a decent amount locals, right? $5 is fine.

I'm going **** you brother. Yes I'm on a confidence high right now, but idc.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Eh I can say the same about Cena; he teeters on the balance of good and terrible for me. I like Cena though; I wish he turned into a heel again. lol

Now guys like the Undertaker, CM Punk, AJ Styles, Daniels and Jerico I enjoy watching. They're probably the only reason I tune into pro wrestling.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Eh I can say the same about Cena; he teeters on the balance of good and terrible for me. I like Cena though; I wish he turned into a heel again. lol

Now guys like the Undertaker, CM Punk, AJ Styles, Daniels and Jerico I enjoy watching. They're probably the only reason I tune into pro wrestling.
Fans are hypocrits, most of them cheered and loved Cena during his heel run and now criticized him b/c this PG thing toned him down. RKO is on top :D
@iceman, I just honestly dont like the taste of that ****! I tried it once and after tasting it, i never want to go through that again. :urg:

I'm like CM Punk, hardcore straightedge

ChKn

Smash Ace
lol I found it funny that they gave Cena another ~1 month title run. Hell In a Cell was boring last night(I tuned in to Orton/Cena) because of that no blood concept.

Friday will be fun. I gotta remind my dad though.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
HIAC recieved so much hype, but every match was ****! The PPV sucked balls b/c of this PG thing. **** the kids, they didn't make the business what it is today.

Sudai

Stuff here
Why the hell would they make something on PPV rated PG? Anyone that watched that, knowing it was going to be PG, is ****ing ********. lol

Oh, Flounda, the idea for Curlz's tournament, it's called pods. It's a great way to run a tourney, and we were actually planning to try out pods at a GWare, but we never got around to it.

ChKn

Smash Ace
lol I never knew the term for it. Pods does make sense on how to run a tournament efficiently. I just don't know how much it'll cut the overall time of singles.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
They made it PG b/c the parents kept ****ing complaining about how the stuff was so bad for the children and etc. So now we get no blood, no swearing, nothing from the past that made wrestling so great. DX is back, but hell, they can't even do pranks like they used to b/c of the PG rating.

ChKn

Smash Ace
lol I use TNA for my blood lust, but they take freaking 60 minutes on talking and interviews. They really need to expand next year to make sure they can use everyone on their roster in their pre-taping times.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
So why exactly should I wear this shirt? Am I supposed to rip it in half? And what about the rest of the outfit (bandana, sunglasses, feather thingy, etc.)?

I'm so confused. Fake wrestling is fake, and now it's faker lol.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Eh, I love TNA! I actually went to a live event here in BR. I also lost my voice by cheering in order to get backstage passes for being loud(I really wanted to meet Angelina Love or Velvet Sky). They're even hotter in person, I made sure I got some good pics of their entrance lol

Edit: Wrestling is just another form of entertainment, real or fake, it doesn't make it less entertaining.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Velvet Sky is SOOOOO HOT.

JNig wear it cause I said so.

Also, who is going to my tournament in Laffy next week?

Top Bottom