• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've already talked to him Bomber, and I knew what you meant before. Was just making a joke at your expense.

Guys, DK has an amazing new tech...Invincibility for the duration of his Up-B...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6597323

It's ridiculous.

I'm not gonna go into the implications of this (beyond the obvious "LOL!! DK CAN TORNADO MK NOW!! lawlawlawl(h)!") as I feel you all are competent smashers and you should be able to figure out what this means and what you have to do to get around it. -0-

And Cyphus might get upset with me if I told you guys what to do in response to this anyway. :p
wow. that was nice. I can guaruntee if I go against Cyphus next tourny and he does that, there is a 100% chance I'm gona fall for it.

>.> Cyphus is a beast with DK.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I've already talked to him Bomber, and I knew what you meant before. Was just making a joke at your expense.

Guys, DK has an amazing new tech...Invincibility for the duration of his Up-B...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6597323

It's ridiculous.

I'm not gonna go into the implications of this (beyond the obvious "LOL!! DK CAN TORNADO MK NOW!! lawlawlawl(h)!") as I feel you all are competent smashers and you should be able to figure out what this means and what you have to do to get around it. -0-

And Cyphus might get upset with me if I told you guys what to do in response to this anyway. :p
!@#$ me. I have enough trouble with Cyphus as it is. Slant edges...so like...Yoshi's Island and Pictochat...and he likes Pictochat...ok new ban. But freaking Battlefield....AHHH cyphus too good :(

XSniper

Smash Rookie
Did Lee win it all?

I'm down for the smashfest Freddyy. Wow, u play brawl now!! wtf. Must be because of the economy.

Ricky is hitting the smoking pipe now too? :) well gahlee.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Lee got 5th.

I'm down for VDay smashfest. Having a girlfriend isn't on my priorities list. The way I see it, it's just a distraction from smash. Hopefully I'm not sick when the day comes. I've had a terrible cough for the last few days, **** is painful.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
I should post here more often, but pokemon pearl is TOO GOOD.
F**k I think I'm working sat. and I feel like sh*t cuz I missed Dibbz this past weekend.
I need some kind of practice buddy. (looks at Hyro)

Popertop

Smash Champion
I dunno
I would rather win a pointless SF4 release tourney than travel to BR LAWL jk jk jk

But srsly, that tourney is free I think and this one isn't, plus gas, and I need to pay for other stuff too.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
What are people's travel plans for the next month or so? Here's what's coming up:

Feb. 28: HOBO 14 AND Pensacola Monthly 5
March 7: HOBO 15
March 28: Gigabits

I'm thinking I may do Pensacola and HOBO 15. Depending on school and money, Gigabits would be cool. Still, I'm up in the air on HOBO 14 vs Pensacola. I'm looking to carpool to cut gas and whatnot, and I'll probably try to find housing if I can, wherever I go.

So yeah, who's doing what?

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm planning to go to HOBO14 as I already promised a number of people I'd do MMs/Friendlies/Just Hang there with them.

I'm hoping HOBO15's date gets moved (seriously, two HOBOs one weekend after the other?) and then go to Dallas that weekend.

I would be interested in going to Gigabits since I've yet to travel to FL for Brawl.

Oh, and more Bawrl glitches. This one for King Dedede.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6604028#post6604028

Nick, we need to get together and work on the timing for this so we can do it in teams. ; D

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
=( I'm sorry Lee... I blame Chibo. >.>

Nice playing Pearl, Arcadia. I've been playing Emerald for a while now, I'm dying for Platinum to come out... I'm gonna make me an Eeveelution team. =3 Speaking of Pokemon does anyone have Pokemon Battle Revolution and wifi? I kinda got an intch for some pokemon battles too. XP

Sudai, we are so testing that ****e out... At some point or other. ^_^;;

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Eh? What happened?
Someone accidently tripped on the cable and the match had to be restarted with the same % and stocks.
I really doubt it would have mattered, Ally didn't want to get screwed again like they did for his match against Chudat. They made him restart the whole 2nd match even though he was winning by a large % and the same thing happened here. Lee was just slowing his inevitable lost against Ally lol, no johns. If Lee as to blame someone, it's the guy who screwed his match up.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Winning by a large Percent?!? That's so stupid. Have you forgot that Lucario is the king of comebacks and in the heat of a battle like that he would have been dead any second. I genuinely beat ally the second match and was in the game the 3rd match. I reverse 3 stocked dojo in a money match too before. It was not an inevitable loss whatsoever. People just don't realize how much Lucario's aura can affect a match.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Winning by a large Percent?!? That's so stupid. Have you forgot that Lucario is the king of comebacks and in the heat of a battle like that he would have been dead any second. I genuinely beat ally the second match and was in the game the 3rd match. I reverse 3 stocked dojo in a money match too before. It was not an inevitable loss whatsoever. People just don't realize how much Lucario's aura can affect a match.
Wait, so they gave him the match after the tv got turned off??

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
No, actually Ally's fellow Canadian friend claimed he was certain of the percents of the match(which i actually did remember because i was playing in the match AND was behind so i was paying even more attention to it) but he was wrong. So we redo the match with the exact stocks and percents that we had. It was just terribly done and i'm not johning i'm just being realistic. But by this time I was already aggravated and my aura just doesn't feel right all my moves are too strong to combo it was just dumb.

Avery

Smash Cadet
Lol wtf, wayyyyy active thread.
YuYuHakusho 2good, I seriously have the whole series burned to disk lmao.
Lee lets play melee soon!!!
So Ive been playing brawl with jackets during the week, so idk, I might actually be able to do somewhat well assuming I make it to monthly. Its too fun lol.
Sadly I wont be able to make it to Valentines smashfest, I have a girlfriend. No johns though, I feel really bad for missing out and might be able to make it like later that night.

Sudai

Stuff here
We won't be starting the VDay Smashfest till like, 6-8PM prolly and we'll be there a while, so yeah.

Lee, I feel for you. I could tell you were frustrated just by the way you were playing against Teh Spammer. :/ Massive <3s and next time I see ya, I'll have a nice surprise for you. : )

Jackets

Smash Rookie
No, actually Ally's fellow Canadian friend claimed he was certain of the percents of the match(which i actually did remember because i was playing in the match AND was behind so i was paying even more attention to it) but he was wrong. So we redo the match with the exact stocks and percents that we had. It was just terribly done and i'm not johning i'm just being realistic. But by this time I was already aggravated and my aura just doesn't feel right all my moves are too strong to combo it was just dumb.
Sooooo dumb.
Lee, I was getting sooooo mad watching the people trash talk you in the chat on the stream. *****es didn't know what was up about you, lol.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
People are dumb. The South is the COOOOLEST region. lolol. We're all so awesome. like seriously.
Amen to that, the south pwns the north not just in smash...
As an on looker from outside the game I honestly see the smash trend fading... Competitive melee was a trend that got popular because the game was deep and worthy... brawl is a good game but not in terms of a competitive game... This is no surprize, sakurai was aware of competive melee thus he made brawl the way it is a fun multiplayer game to be played with friends and a bunch of online noobs who are probly just as good tournament players by now... it ultimately boils down to tounament experience.... Im sure brawl has already been nearly pushed to its competive limits.... I have no question in my mind if brawl was melee 2.0 id still be playing....

Im not trying to bash competitive brawl players.... they enjoy the game and have fun with it, by all means continue... Im probly in no position to be saying what im saying but i had to get it off my mind.....

and this thread blows now, ull notice the lack of good posts arriving around the time of brawl.... in the melee days this thread was the ****..

in all intesive purposes melee is dead now too....

im happy to be done with smash it was an intersting point in my life and I cherish the few good times I had playing melee....

If ssb4 comes out and is a good competitive game ill reconsider playing it competively

this topic has nuthing to do with my own personal problems or my smash "carrer" i have one last piece of advice u can take it or leave it

"Go with the flow, if sumthing aint right its fight or flight"

Sudai

Stuff here
ShyG, we can even say the South pwns the north in smash now. Lee and Dojo both placed top 5. 2/5. Ally is Canada. 1/5. The other two spots went to North players. 2/5

This was also at a northern tourney where more northern pros were at. We had some of big southern names missing from the tourney. DMG, Ultimate Razer, Afro_Thundah, and more that I'm forgetting.

Pretty sure the south has proven its worth in competitive Bawrl.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I was surprised when I heard Lee lost to teh_spamerer, I didn't think spamerer was more than average. But either way, you pretty much proved that you're one of the bests in the country, that's another thing good in your pants (I swear I'm gonna make that a famous phrase or something). The chatroom guys can suck a good pair-o-nuts. I was there for awhile and none of them really know what they're talking about. Some of them thought Lee was a TX smasher. Winning teams with M2K is good publicity though, maybe now we'll get more OoS at out tournaments. Really lofty ambition: People will see how generally cooler LA is than everyone else, and we'll be the new Cali.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
Man me and Cyphus we're rooting for Lee like all day on the live stream chat. I even saw like Freddy, Roni, Razor, Fogo (I think) and tons of random people from all over supporting Lee! The tourney sounded so epic.
Its like apart of smash history now *Random Ike Guy for president*
Lee my hero

Top Bottom