• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Whelp, I just patched up a few holes in my Ganon. Hope does better next time. I will defeat Taylor's jumping bean named C. Falcon. Or die trying.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
sHy)(gUy said:
i hope u all know i was just joking right, well not really but it just sucks when u play for so long and think ur good but then loose.

i need to take what i know and what i can do and start playing to win

so whos going to mlg dallas? we can go in my car if someone wants to drive it
i'll drive XD
i'll request off this time but i think SAVII is more important than mlg dallas, so if we can't go to both we should maek that one for sure.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey, SA7 is having State Crew battles. You can't go to it, w/out me and lee. =D
if the N.O. guys can't come, Eet will substitute Jon nicely.

so next tourney. RR w/ at least me, lee, taylor, and jon at least. If more people are in the final RR pool it doesn't matter. Only make it more accurate, really. So if Eet, Ray, etc can make it, then it'd be perfect.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
PFFT....Nobody is interested in LA as far as South Crew goes. They have enough "well-known" and more big tourney-experienced players to fill 3 South Teams, before they get to us.

We just need a couple of LA's finest to kick some arse in a regional tourney, and make people say "who the heck r u?" And that person says they're from Louisiana and play w/ people who are just as good ;)
SA7 ftw. If we get a good 4,5, 7 of us to enter, i'm sure one of us is bound to place high!

I'm still up for FC6 though...or maybe OC2 if a group of LA smashers is more interested in traveling to that as a whole.

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
Indeed! that was the greatest experience I ever had,and that tourny just went show everyone how great the smash community really is. they had a jerk or two but that was overshadowed by the many greats

RAM

Smash Lord
well anywho, come June 3rd I'll try my best to represent, and if I still lived in New Orleans I would aim to make the top 10 spot, O well A shot at Prize money is'nt bad either ^_^ I'll really try my best for that. which reminds me how much were payouts for Cyphus, Jon and Taylor?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
we only had 16 people. 10 buck entrance fee.
i made 70. john made 25. that was it. So not to bad really. It cost me 10 bux to enter and 15 bux to travel, so i profited 45 bucks really. I can't really complain about the money. To me thats an added bonus for just winning. 1st places are so much more valuable in that you can rub it in people's faces :D

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
do u have to register for mlg online?

brandon and eric are yall going??

so taylor maybe

what about lee? and who else would go? its in like ten days i guess thats means no one is going??

well i want to go, but not alone so......

if i(we) go im gonna be using falco so i need to some good practice aginst marth peach falco fox and especially samus and sheik since i have the least experince against them, it would be good if i could train with lee since like those r his best characters..

eet

Smash Ace
well i requested housing a few weeks ago and theyre supposed to post details soon. You shoulda answered your phone yesterday since we played like all day.

eet

Smash Ace
Yeah **** 5th, im goin for first. I think i proved to myself if I try I can potentially beat the top 4. I was very close to beating taylor, and beat jon 2/4 times, as well as ricky. So Next time Im gonna go for the win.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
If its in 10 days, we prolly gonna have to pull something like now.
So who wants to go? Me and Lee will join if there is room.
Lets not get jumpy though...will this trip be more expensive than SA7? If neccessary, I say we save our resources for SA7, but if we're down w/ multi-travel than hell yea lets do this.

eet

Smash Ace
Lets look at all the tournies we could potentially go to ...

there's

MLG Dallas
May 20-21(sat and sunday)
Prolly free housing
so all we'd need is gas and entry money and food

SAVII
Atlanta, GA
June 23-25
Housing?

FC6
Indiana x_x
July 13-15th

OC2
California >_>
Aug 15-17

RAM

Smash Lord
I hope yall did'nt see the new trailer for super smash bros Brawl for the revolution? if you did then Melee is trash now and you won't feel like playing anymore cause that's how our entire crew feels. ( don't take this serious because we still love Melee )

RAM

Smash Lord
Welp I shook off the trailer after a good nights sleep and I'm re focused on the Docking station tourny on the 21st of this month then I'll be coming back home at the Mall of Louisiana tourny june 3rd. two tourny's in 3weeks!? can't go wrong with that. BTW are any of you going to Docking station as well? should be fun

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
They better put Little Mac in this game . . . And I'm so excited to test out new characters. Pitt looks so much fun to use.

Nite

Smash Champion
I'm with SirSka. I wanna play with Metaknight so bad, he looks so awesome on that trailer. Everybody looked awesome on the trailer. Pikachu and Kirby didn't look liked they changed very much in appearance, but appearance doesn't matter as much as gameplay. Pit does look great though I have to say. Man this is going to be so crazy and with the Zero Suit Samus. That is too cool. I can't wait!

Nite

Smash Champion
RAM said:
I did'nt know you roamed in this topic Nitemare, awesome
I was just looking through Atlantic South and then I saw RAM, the coolest dude on the planet. I just had to post. Lol. This game is really gonna be great. I won't have to travel to Florida to play you guys. I can just get on Wi-fi.

RAM

Smash Lord
Indeed only time I'll be online is with ppl I know because sooner or later some A$$clown will hack the game and ruin the fun. good to know I have friends in Memphis as well as Louisiana and Florida, and me the coolest dude in the world?! I would'nt go that far ^_^ just remember I go by the name King of Kings in person Just Kidding I'm horrible LOL!!!! and I noticed that you ditched your Megaman Avatar pretty fast for that Metaknight one :laugh: , that Trailer changed smash as we know it lol.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oh, btw I just got a capture card so our crew might get some matches up if we have time. Just wanted to let yall know. *goes back to AP cram session*

SirSka

Smash Cadet
I just fought my friends with only less than a week of real training with my Ganon, and I owned. Now if I can keep thgis up for the next tourny i'll be set for a high place. The Cpu also stands no chance, and thanks to all the people playing on my cube the cpu now trys to spike me. It finally has half a brain.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I don't buy into the theory of the CPUs taking on the characterisitcs of the people playing on it. The computers do the same dumb stuff on every version I've ever seen.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Before the tournament Marth never tried to spike me, nor did he try to chase me and knock me out off the stage. Since John and Taylor played those mtches on my cube, M arth has been all sorts of s**t he didn't do before.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
So does the Marth also do short hopped double f-airs now? Does your CPU Falco SHB? Does Samus grapple jump, or even bomb jump / grapple the wall for recovery? I think not. :ohwell:

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
a: i think comps actions are random and dont have anything to do with learning techs

b: i am 100% willing to drive shygs car and we all put up for gas money, and that means 5 ppl can fit, me shyg eet tim and phil(?) if not tim or phil then brandon and lee but i think only if we could fit yall.
if we are rly going to go i have to know like tomorrow so i can request off and i dont see why we cant go to both sa7 and mlg dallas as long as we have a ride.
input from shyg and eet

rick1m

Smash Cadet
we'll be there heh the entire crew i hope :note to self never stay up to 5 am playin smash , when you have a 3 hour drive =/

Top Bottom