• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
well..i'll be driving to us, w00t.
i don't have a printer to print out the directions..and i've neve driven more than 30 minutes but what the hell.

lee is not coming to this because he is naked on a beach, atm. So whatever..i left him a message so if he's not at my house in the morning i'm leaving w/out him. which is 99% the realitiy which will happen.
I'm bringing DeathWave.

Hope i don't get lost. my cell is 985-232-5410. somebody give me a random call, and ask me if i'm lost.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
i'm tired.s...dam gotta take a test..sjf;sleepplease.. thanks for telling the time thtough. jake, I'll pick you up around 12 or so.

eet

Smash Ace
1- Cyphus
2 -Jon
3 -Taylor
4 - FFox
5 - EET
5 - Bermuda
5 - Ricky
5 - Blaise

Good game guys.

I had a few good matches. Really gg with taylor in our first match. Al my matches vs ricky where I pwned.

2 stocking Jon with Fox and almost coming back from 2 sds with sheik and takin it to a close finish.

me and ffoxs fox dittos =P

seeya in june =P

next time we'll do crews?

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it was awesome Shout outs later just wanted to say I left my smash copy there on top of a TV. So if anyone finds it just let me know so you can just mail it to my house lol in an envelope.thanks

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
man...i had a blast. And i finally got my Doc-pride back w/ some sick in-tourney combos and of course the 1st place.

Though, i was glad i was in the easier 2nd pool, away from Taylor, John, Eet, Ricky....i still had hell to pay in the finals. 2-0ed Flarefox, 2-0ed John, but got 0-2 by Taylor. I dun care...even if taylor doesn't admit it, i know he knows that i was playing like crap. Airdodging off and DIing into F.air combos.<john> I think i shoulda given myself a break between marths, cuz i think my mindgames were self destructive against his opposite play style or something. </john>

FF is aewsome. Nice to see him use so many characters against my doc :D. Sexy G&W.

Eet remained ultimately the most awesome, as expected.

Hope to see those recorded finals vids in the future, Ice Burgh =D
well..i'm **** tired...i can't think.
but for now..Thanks Blaise for once again setting up another tourney, and taylor for help running it.

Icecow

Smash Rookie
And eet is definitely awesome--I had no choice but to surrender our friendly. Nice tournament guys. I'll be sure to practice before the next one as I look forward to June 3rd. I'll have some kind of devious plan to try to win the next mall tourney. Oh well.

Cyphus, your Doc is special. I lost to the champ twice, and he put me in my place exactly that many times. I guess I'll use a strategy in the next tournament :( FFox, good games as usual, especially the Fox ditto--you escaped with that one, though. As usual, Blaise always finds a way to throw me a knockout punch early--he does it better than anyone I know.

Fun times. I'll be back next month.

--bermuda

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
Cyphus said:
man...i had a blast. And i finally got my Doc-pride back w/ some sick in-tourney combos and of course the 1st place.

Though, i was glad i was in the easier 2nd pool, away from Taylor, John, Eet, Ricky....i still had hell to pay in the finals. 2-0ed Flarefox, 2-0ed John, but got 0-2 by Taylor. I dun care...even if taylor doesn't admit it, i know he knows that i was playing like crap. Airdodging off and DIing into F.air combos.<john> I think i shoulda given myself a break between marths, cuz i think my mindgames were self destructive against his opposite play style or something. </john>

FF is aewsome. Nice to see him use so many characters against my doc :D. Sexy G&W.

Eet remained ultimately the most awesome, as expected.

Hope to see those recorded finals vids in the future, Ice Burgh =D
well..i'm **** tired...i can't think.
but for now..Thanks Blaise for once again setting up another tourney, and taylor for help running it.
hahahroflwtfbbqnooblet got 3 stocked like a little *****, **** yeah.
and i was playing like **** vs lee but you didnt let up on me so **** u noob.
lost 2 in a row. dont talk no more ****

and i wont sd vs jon even again or i'll quit smash

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Ya I sucked, but maybe i didnt want to win, i was just seeing what i could pull off in a tourney : looks around: (ya thats bs, i just suck, naa i wont get any credit for how good i am till i can prove it)

Cypus congrats, ur doc is cool

Taylor u got robbed

eric was pro like always

ffox's ic r good

I'll get my money back june 3rd (if i dont im gonna be broke and living on the streets :cry: )

but anyways, ggs everyone, i like playing even if i dont win ;)......... :confused:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Congrats to Cyphus getting first. This tourney sounded crazy, and it's too bad we couldn't make it. But is there another happening on June 3rd, same place?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
god****it, we should went to baton rouge.gamma is still at my house, the morning after, and apparently there was no rush to bring him home, so we could crashed the night there for smash, then left in the morning. bah. oh well -___-

I used Samus a few times in the tournament as well as Bowser once, and had a lot of fun using them. dunno about bowser, lol, but I think i'm gonna continue to work on my Samus, she's pretty fun and can be pretty good against over-aggresive oponents. So I'm thinking using her to hanlde the offensive, an doc to handle the defensive could best benefit me.
I didn't use Link at all this tourney..and i don't recall using falco(possibly once).

Hopefully next tourney we'll have more time for another mini-tourney. 'course everyone knows i like low tier <_<(Zelda, Link, Bowser, G&W, w00t), but 2vs2 would still be cool.
I'm sure most people would want to give the Crew Tournament another chance.

16 people turn-out kinna sucked, but at least it makes the best possible RR format :D
I'm sure next tourney, w/ a month of advancement, we could get double. Especially with me driving now....hell i could bring a buncha n00bs, t00! :D

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Hey Sudai, after this week I am off for the summer, so now I can play you and your crew, and maybe become part of your crew. My Monroe crew is gonna be stuck up there.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
but regaurdless of how the brackets fell, the results couldnt be accurate because lee wasn't there to be in the top 4.

but i think its funny that it was a cycle, cyphus > jon > me > cyphus
and i think if la could get together (me, lee, jon, cyphus) at a big tourney with a state comp. we would like rip the universe at its seems with our awesomeness.
oh yeah. for sure.

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Can someone see if Blaise will drop off my copy of smash that I left at the TA Truck stop in Laffeyete its at exit 101 ill be going there tommorow and could pick it up on my way by.Thanks.. for some reason this Connection isnt allowing me to do much at the moment.I need to download music for the vids but i cant ARGH!!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Sudai, last time we tried to go at Dibbz, and we waited to play but the guys showed up around eight (Friday before tourney). The guys who frequent there have to work, so if that's a little too late for you, then oh well . . . The place is nice though, and it's got a lot more customers than I imagined. Plus smash is free there, so it is a good get together place.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ya u shouldnt have mario dittoed the best mario in the state, ur ganon is good though, its always a tough match for me (i always loose to u our first match and win the second two)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
me and eet came up w/ those top 10. Although, order differs w/ mine. As with anyone elses.
Below are the recent facts between the top 4.
After reading them, and adding in your own thoughts, i'd like anyone interested in making their own list, to do so. Further below the top 4 info, I give my own opinions and analysis and finally list. I tried very hard not to be bias, and you comparisons that would have the most priority.

As of this last tourney Me > Jon > Taylor > Me, while me and john did better against FF than taylor, while i won the tie.
as of last tourney Jon > Lee and me, while Lee > me and taylor, while me > taylor

Taylor got pwnd by lee last tourney, i got pwned by Taylor this tourney, Lee got considerably beaten more often from john last tourney, and john got considerably beaten more from me this tourney.
So we've all share a single dosage or either a set of rapage, on multiple set overwhelmence.

my own personal thoughts....
Considering Lee is the only member of the top 4 to not have won a tournament since the rise of Taylor and John, albeit neglible, is an easily noticable factor. He also has a record for having a john-problem. The other 3 haven't quite as a identical habit against another. With those 2 in mind, I start the top 4, with Lee.
As far as i can tell..John has had basicaly NO horrible screwups in ANY of his matches. His playstyle although simple, can not be argued that it is deffinately the MOST consistent, as with his consistent high placings in Every tourney that he has ever attended. I think that deserves a number one, folks.
Which leaves 2nd and 3rd, me and taylor. the hardest to separate, imo. Both me and him, have had a set or two of careless play. And against each other we share an even number on victories of important sets: He's beaten me in CS1 and CS2, while I've beaten him in our MM and B.R. Tourney. So i'd have to reflect on how well we fight the same oponents. And i think overall I handle John and Lee better than him. which would be, again, a neglible difference, yet what is needed.

1. JonWu
2. Cyphus
3. Taylor
4. Lee

5. Eet(able to threaten the top 4 overall the best, imo)
6. Ray(he knows how to fight john)
7. Ricky(..and he does too!)
8. Rsia(high threat to players above)
9. Flarefox(though not as exp.ed, his umatched speed/technical game has chance to overwhelm)
10. Blaise (significant improvement recently. Close fights with many players above him)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
eet said:
1- Cyphus
2 -Jon
3 -Taylor
4 - FFox
5 - EET
5 - Bermuda
5 - Ricky
5 - Blaise
Congrats Cyphus, I totally called you winning this one.

Cyphus = #1 in Louisiana

RAM

Smash Lord
Awesome job guys and Congrats towards the new LA CHAMP CYPHUS ! I wish I had some luck going to that big *** tourny ( INSOMNNIA ) that tournament was sick with 57 participants. I did'nt accomplish as much as I wanted, :( my biggest accomplishment was a tie for second in my round robin pool and advancing to the brackets (Which did'nt go so well ) and Beating the infamous Bluchu
(I'm just as shocked as everyone else @_@ ) but it was still a blast and OMFG I got to see Mike G and Darkrain in action which was so awesome! DARKRAIN IS A FN MONSTER!!!!! but I did'nt get the chance to meet nor play him. BUUUTTTT the Manhandlers and some of the Memphis Smashers probably made smash history and have it documented. for being some of the first smashers to play smash on the Interstate where they had a hugh accident. so we being the crazy A$$clowns we are, put the SUV in park, hooked a tv up and started playing smash for an hour and some odd minutes until traffick begin to move once again. that was Insane!!!! :chuckle: anyway our crew will probably be there for the July 3rd tourny and I've gotten a lil bit better, so maybe I'll place in the top 10 this come around. until then later and congrats to everyone who placed.

Sudai

Stuff here
Ska- Next time we get together, I'll tell you so you can come over. I could use some competition, I've resorted to playing as like...8 different characters as to make it more fun fighting my friends. x.x

Sars- Thanks Sars, that would be a little for me considering it's an hour drive.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
sHy)(gUy said:
ya u shouldnt have mario dittoed the best mario in the state, ur ganon is good though, its always a tough match for me (i always loose to u our first match and win the second two)
I agree totally. I should have just stuck to Ganon. Well, theres always next time.

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
June 3, guys. I will take you all by storm. I might not be the best, but I am the greatest :), as eet is the awesomest. I desire the title of mall tournament champion.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
Cyphus said:
1. Jonwu
2. Cyphus
3. Taylor
4. Lee

5. Eet(able to threaten the top 4 overall the best, imo)
6. Ray(he knows how to fight john)
7. Ricky(..and he does too!)
8. Rsia(high threat to players above)
9. Flarefox(though not as exp.ed, his umatched speed/technical game has chance to overwhelm)
10. Blaise (significant improvement recently. Close fights with many players above him)
my list would be more like this in relation to cyphus's list:

1.Lee
lee has been taken out by mainly only jon at the tourneys (and me at cs1 but it was too close) and seems to do the best at the tourneys he has been to, the problem is he hasnt been to as many as the other 3 of us so he doesnt have as much of a record, tho i actually think i am #1 i havent proven anything vs lee since he beat me last tourney so i have no right to claim that untill i beat him next time.
2.Taylor
i played horrible vs lee at the last tourney and was very psyched out after losing so bad and being ridiculed by certain a55holes, then after losing a very close match to cyphus our first round, he beat me with zelda 2 stock and it seemed generally stupid but i lost anyway. our mm was 1 very close game then a stupid mistake, then another very close game that i only lost because of my own stupid mistake so really theres no victor. both times ive beaten cyphus in tourneys it has ended in a 3 stock and at the most recent one i won 2-0.
3.cyphus
lost to lee in like every tourney ive been too, and for all the reasons im above him prevously stated.
4.jonwu
i think jons play style is amazingly simple and he only wins due to his ability to psyche everyone out he is also very consistent and never sd's after he gets the lead he always seems to take it by alot, but if his opponent can only concentrate during the fight after they are losing they can come back with simple safe tactics.

5.eet
eet plays rly good at home and just cant seem to concentrate at tourneys (maybe he's too laid back?) but if he woudl just focus and not *** up he would pwn everyone cept me cuz im too awesome.

and everything else the same at cyphus's list

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Zomg! Darkrain = one of my smash idols! He's so freaking fast and combo happy.

And also, we're not sure when our final exams are going to be. We just know it's going to be in June, so we might have to miss another tourney.

>_> I'm sure you'll all miss us, but we'll probably get around to playing more once school's out. Then we can actually prove how much better we've gotten. If not the top ten, I'm confident that I'm in the top 16 and can hold my own against the best now. Plus, I've finally worked it out and more or less found out who my best characters are and have actually started to play smarter. So . . . watchout. You might be surprised at how the best (>_>;;; ) variety player in the state plays. And you'll also have to go up against Tony and Ryan who are really good now, and Colin's Peach holds its own and beats my capt Falcon now a days.

RAM

Smash Lord
if anyone is interested here's some fun pics of the Panhandle Manhandlers and the Memphis guys holding the very first Smashfest on a Clogged up Highway and a news chopper hovering above us LMAO!!! and surprisingly I was in every picture including the one with Mike G and his Death Turnip. I forgot who took the original pics. well does anyone know how to post pics on the boards? cause I sure as hell don't :(

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ok heres my list.......

screw everyone, u all know nuthing about this game and if it werent for my lack of tourney experience and inability to execute u all would just get completly ***** by me besides a few people.

I garuntee I will place top 3 june 3rd.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i hope u all know i was just joking right, well not really but it just sucks when u play for so long and think ur good but then loose.

i need to take what i know and what i can do and start playing to win

so whos going to mlg dallas? we can go in my car if someone wants to drive it

RAM

Smash Lord
:)
Sars_Pirate said:
Rofl @ MikeG and the stitchface. The expression on your face was priceless.
Thanks Sars I was trying to think of a face Luigi might have made in that situation. also he was in my Round Robin and I had the privileage of being Purchased by his peach :chuckle: (Which is a Goddess!) and he took first in our Division, I tied for second with Bluchu who was also in the same pool. who had one Tourny worthy Ness! and represents the low tier just as much as I do and does well with them to boot. that tourny was an Experience I will never forget good and bad mostly good thou :)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
sHy)(gUy said:
it just sucks when u play for so long and think ur good but then loose.
Tell me about it, Innsomnia had a lot of skilled players. I wasn't able to even pass round robins cause my pool was all good people including PwnZone, Moogle, Dmac, and Phat Gamer. I also didn't get any friendlies in for warming up, partly due to having to play 4-way on the interstate instead of getting to the tourney on time. Just sucks though cause after the pools were done, I was winning in friendlies. :ohwell:

But the trip was hella fun, and I don't regret picking it over CS2. We'll try to make it to the June 3rd tourney though. ^_^

RAM

Smash Lord
I hope you can make it manko, remember you'll always have a spot to crash at anytime, at my place. and we can continue to make chicken patties and eat Marshmellow matey's LOL. but I don't know How I'll be able to get back to your place this week since Boom was'nt able to make it, cause he was going to be my ride. bright side I get to practice my new char and practice shfflin and teching better!

Top Bottom