• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ya lets go, were going, we dont really have to worry about gas cuz i have a card with like unlimited money on it or sumthing and housing is free i think so its just food and entry

ill speak for me and eric and say were going, eric's just gonna be like i dunno anyways so that means hes down for it. Tim should go cuz like hes really good and needs to go so i guess its up to his parents, if phil would go that would make the trip like alot more fun cuz of his positive attitude and if not them we could pick up cyphus and lee cuz i want to like practice with them.

OK im ready everyone else get ready and lets do this

(shotgun)

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
the vids are pretty much done... im gonna create a new account on Myspace to host them for everyone... also it may take a little while because my power inverter in my truck blew so i cant keep my laptop charged enough to uplaod them all lol.. once i get the URL ill post it for everyone.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
well..assuming its tim and phil are filling in the spots, w/ ya'll to MLG TX, good luck guys.
i wonder if theres any hope that me and lee could figure out a way to go, too. hm... o.o

can't wait to check out those vids, Burgh =)

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
shy guy i agree 100% until i moved out the house all it was was constant arguments with my parents over what i do with my life...i still get them from my mom occasinally now because of what i do with my money....Before if i lived at home if i said i was going somewhere to play games they would be all bitter and ********...but then i told them i was going to BR with you guys and they were like wow i hope you have fun...Weird once you get away from them they just are all happy to see you whenever they do..i can now talk to them everyday and not have to worry about an argument over why i stayed out til 3am.

RAM

Smash Lord
My parents did'nt care or who came over to my house as long as it's Legal :chuckle: I did'nt have a curfew after I hit 14. because they knew if I was out it was by a friends place or somewhere safe so it was all good. but I know it sucks to have strict parents cause my best friend barely could do anything and he could never come by me when he only lived a block away.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I had never traveled more than 2 hours to any smash tournament before. But FC3 caught my attention. Several states away in Indiana, the nationally acclaimed tournament was my goal.
my parents forbid me from going to FC3. My mom said she would kick me out the house, and I believed her. Her backings were that she didn't have any faith i could take care of myself. She worried i would miss my flight, get lost, she didn't trust the idea of traveling to place she doesn't know about, etc, etc, etc.

So with all that in careful consideration...I bought my plane ticket and went anyway. I had the best time of my life, and after some hell for a short while, I was back at home, and now my mom has a little more trust in that I can handle what I want to do. FOR NO REASON.

oh yea. and i know its been a while since I've said it..but i want ya'll all to know that...

I'm awesome. That is all.

..well not really..hm..so the BR might be picking me up on the way to TX? sounds hawt. I hope something horrible happens to Tim so that Lee can join, but if not..oh well. j/k, lol.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
lol.
sorry bud, you're not that awesome.
if you want to come, get to baton rouge the night before, or if its closer u could meet us in route to tx. we just dont want phil there rly but all the other 4 are going for sure (pretty sure) so i hope u can come with us

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
tim might not be going, he said he would have to get an aprtment if he went?

And i dont have any money for that so wtf tim's mom shut up and let us sleep at someones house for free and quit telling tim what to do.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
My grandparents are weird. They'll let me travel by myself to another country, but they freak out when I go over to someone's house. O_o;;; And not only that but the first time I traveled alone on a plane was when I was five years old, but the first time I slept over at someone's was when I was like 13?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
smashed w/ lee last night. We went about 3.5 hours, and he used sheik the entire time, minus about 10 fights where we was Jigs(vs. my falco) and fox FOR NO REASON. So about 90% the time, sheik.

ugh, his sheik is so incredibly gay, my butthole hurts after losing to it. I won in our sole sheik ditto, but like..thats even more gay and doesn't count. My samus and Ice made about even wins, and falco won on FD, but outside that, especially w/ platforms, its like...whatever..i can't win. he knows me to well, and how to exploit my tendencies.
iunno..i cna't make up my mind wether i wanna work on samus, falco, fox, doc, ice, or whatever to counter his sheik.

but anyway. TX tourney.
aw...why no pick me up? ^_^ i'll pay ya 15 bucks :p

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670

Picking Samus to counter Sheik would be a horrible idea. I know it works with Lee for some strange reason, but you should prepare yourself for all the other sheiks out there who will be ready to rip your Samus apart.

Use a real counter like Falco or Doc. If it comes down to you vs. Lee in a tourney, you could always do Samus then if it works and he's too used to your other characters.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i wanna play lee's sheik cuz whenevery i fight a shiek in a tourney i like dont know what to do

its like the match starts and sheiks just like being gay and broken using cheap *** moves that take no skill while i have all this ability that gets dwarfed by the gayness of broken moves and characters

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
well, i'm not really worried about the other sheiks out there. I'm confident my doc will do great against them. I've got more sheik exp. than one could ask for! (or WANT! :D)
I think its just me and lee are at this point where each other's original mains(doc and samus) or no longer useful since we've learned how to fight against them so well in addition to our particular playstyle w/ them.
What i want to do is beat his sheik w/ doc, but he just knows how to exploit doc, too well. -_______-

i just hope, Brawl is better balanced then melee, granted they did a great job, but it can deffinately still be improved. at least in the Pal version they took a couple steps, so I'm sure they know how they can work on it.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Peach getting nerfed ftw. Marths I can handle better now, but Peach is a different story. Still got to work on my approach.

Aids_Ninja

Smash Cadet
sars ur falco and shiek works alot better on marth than ur falcon and nerfing the downsmash wouldnt make a difference it would make snake have an easier time owning everyone

btw r we going to the next tourney?

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
we could just go to this one instead of mlg tx.

Date: May 21st
Time: 2pm
Fee: 12$ for non-members and $10 for DS members or Edgecard holder with EBGames
Rules:
Rules (Singles/Teams):
- Double Elimination, best 2 out of 3
- No Items
- 4 Stock, 8 Minute Timer
- Stages Set On Random Select: Battlefield, Dream Land N64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, and Yoshi Story.
- Banned Stages: Big Blue, Brinstar Depths, Flat Zone, Fourside, Great Bay, Hyrule Temple, Icicle Mountain, Poke Floats, Yoshi's Island, and Yoshi's Island 64
- Glitches that freeze the game are banned.
- Pausing disabled
- (Teams) Team Attack/Friendly Fire = On
- (Teams) Life stealing from Teammate is allowed

Stage Selection:
- First Match: Players will be allowed to both agree on any stage of their liking or pick Random Select.
- Second (and Third if needed) rounds are Loser's pick.
- You are allowed to play the same stage multiple times if you'd like.

Pot Split
60% = 1st Place
20% = 2nd Place

it's alot closer and mike g and gawes and all of mankos crew + many more will probably be there.
better chance of winning too, and this time my brain wont be on vacation

RAM

Smash Lord
I can Confirm Mike G will be there he already told me he wanna throw his turnip at me again XD, anyway it should be good. Even better after this only 13 days until the Mall of Louisiana tourny! :).

RAM

Smash Lord
Mankosuki said:
@RAM: are ROOK & RICE not comming?
I don't think Rook is comming, my only guess is because he still may be mad becuase of the drive to Memphis and back, and Rice won't have a ride because I talked to him last night! so it might just be the original 4 plus me :( unless someone can go and get him, most likely John since he's the closest to him if he wants to that is.

RAM

Smash Lord
My thoughts exactly, which also means after the tourny he won't be at your place for the celebration of your existence, which is kinda stupid to miss out especially since you know it's your last week, but whatever we can have just as much fun getting wasted with or without him. :p he should'nt hold such a grudge ya know.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, the day the next bi-weekly's scheduled is the wekend before our finals so we probably can't make it. But Colin and I are probably freed all the time after the 28th so we can play whenever unless we decide to get a job. (28th cause we're going to volunteer at a community center for service hours).

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
hey maybe if none of us make it to the pro tourney on sunday we can just leave saturday then go strait to the mobile tourney on sunday.

Smash roadtrip

im thinking we could like take turns driving or sumthing so people can sleep and stuff

it all depends on like who exactly is gonna be in this "ametuer tourney" if its like a alot of good people then probly only 1 or 2 of us could make it, if everyone sucks then we could all make it, but chances are everyone is gonna be really good and none of us are gonna make it.

im taking this pretty seriously so im playing to win by any means neccesary, i have to make the transittion from casual games against people i play all the time to playing to win against uknown opponents (i think thats my major problem ive been using all my abilty using mind games against poeple i play all the time that when it comes to playing random people at a tourney i try to do too much)

eet

Smash Ace
i agree with goin to the docking station. I wanna peach ditto mike g :D and also its closer.

For MLG Dallas, wed all be in 10 ppl pools with only top 2 advancing, and the list of entries includes like caveman razorium g-reg zang mew2king koreandj comp the cape tink and other such ppl >>'

also mlg's have gay rules where they dont rly allow many friendly matches.

Also considering I just drove back from dallas, i dont wanna go there again ;_;

ps we no longer have housing for mlg anyway..they like ran out

pss. I will beat pwnzones ness

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I doubt pwnzone will be there. Only reason he was at the last one was because he happened to be in the area at the time.

Hope you guys can make it though. :)

Top Bottom