• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
sHy)(gUy said:
hey maybe if none of us make it to the pro tourney on sunday we can just leave saturday then go strait to the mobile tourney on sunday.

Smash roadtrip

im thinking we could like take turns driving or sumthing so people can sleep and stuff

it all depends on like who exactly is gonna be in this "ametuer tourney" if its like a alot of good people then probly only 1 or 2 of us could make it, if everyone sucks then we could all make it, but chances are everyone is gonna be really good and none of us are gonna make it.

im taking this pretty seriously so im playing to win by any means neccesary, i have to make the transittion from casual games against people i play all the time to playing to win against uknown opponents (i think thats my major problem ive been using all my abilty using mind games against poeple i play all the time that when it comes to playing random people at a tourney i try to do too much)
your logic in that is horrible. if everyone suks cept a few ppl, me tim and eet would make it for sure, and you might. but if everyone is good, i will probably make it, tim and eet might, and you probably wont. its not a we all win or we all lose situation, but it doesnt matter anyway because we're going to the ds tourney where i can win 1st place for sure.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
(disregard this post)

unless u want me to say sumthing then.... uhh gl everyone june 3rd (except the good people that dont need luck, give them bad luck)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
iceburgh, any news on those vids u recorded =D

BR guys...man, Zelgadis is going to MLG Dallas, and he wanted to play me..lol, oh well....maybe next time.

but uh..guess i'm driving to BR, then we carpool to AL. So we still plan on me taking up the last seat? o.O

PwnZone said he'd MM me, wee.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
btw, my B-day is on the next day (monday 22nd) so my crew is crashing at my place after the tourney so we can Smash and get smashed the next day. If you guys want to, you're welcome to come over as well.

Pensacola is an hour East of Mobile so it'd add an extra 2 hours driving total. But if you guys have no obligations for monday and want to party, come on over. :)

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
yeah cyphus you're still coming. you can probably come friday night and we can stay at shygs apt or something and smash b4 hand if u want (idk we should ask shyg tho)

and no one in GA rly scares me, cept maybe mike g will give me a close match.
jcpwn might also give me a close match, but he wont be at this one

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
friday night?? u mean saturday?? (or friday i guess if u want to stay two nights??? w/e)

I want to party ...

i predict mike g is gonna own everyone

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
iunno, i mean Mike G is like the only smash-celeb participating in this tourney, and he has the best chances of winning, out of everyone, but I still think that averages his chances of gettiing 1st under 50%. You can be better than everyone in a tourney, but it only takes one bad match or player who's playstyle counters yours to ruin the whole thing.

'sides LA, AL, and MS have some great players that are just still underground. we have the element of surprise =) .................. :<

but yea..today is friday. so um....suppose i came tonight. That would give me like...a little smash practice before sleeping, then a whole day of available smash, sleep, then tourney.

or like...just go to shyguy's tomorrow and smash w/ everyone. I mean..iunno....so everyone is meeting up at shyguy's satuday, right? not friday?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
*can't wait to show off characters*

Hope there's a bi-weekly following June 3rd cause I seriously think I can take on everyone here. If not my Capt Falcon, I've got a crapload of secondaries I'd like to pull out and dish out.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
Hello, I'm a marth player from omaha, Ne. I'm on my way to Xavier in a couple months, and was just looking forward to coming down there and meeting and playing with smashers there. Urm as far as my skill in the game I've been to most of the SMYM's as well as FC last year and will be going to FC again this year. I faired pretty well in all of those. I also have a 50$mm with Husband at FC, but thats a story for later. So thats my lil bit of intel hope to be there in the future. Let me know about the smashers there and where you guys play on the regular and such thanks

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
cyphus got 5th

I was playing awsome but somehow lost to manko (mario vs. samus) cuz i had a mental lapse or sumthing, i was playing like in credible up like a full stock then the thought of losing entered my mind i started playing differently and ended up losing. Then we had a doc ditto our second match and i just felt like **** for losing the first match and couldnt get it together.

But Honestly I know what im doing now and my mario will be a force to deal with june 3rd.

(Manko, those were two good fights we had that both came down to the very end. My fights with tims were just stupid i beat his fox and then he picks cheap peach and marth :ohwell: lame.... )

I might have to start using marth and playing all cheap and ****, but hopefully i wont have to fall to that level cuz my mario is too pro for words right now.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
@ShyGuy: yeah, I was getting nervous towards the end of that first match. I had two SDs, one where I air-dodged into the stage wall and another I grapple jumped too early, and I didn't think I was going to catch back up. It got really close. I don't know if I'll be at the June 3rd one or not, but we'll need to do some friendlies there if I do. I hate how Docking Station never has much time for them.

@RSIA: I was surprised at how much better your Fox has gotten. I remember the last time you were having trouble shine comboing, but you got like all of them this time. You racked up like 50% on me with that shine infinite on stadium too! 0_o

@Taylor & EET: sucks we didn't get to play any. I hope to make it June 3rd though. Is it still in the same place as the one on EETs b-day? I guess we'll have to crash with Taylor again too.

@Cyphus: Always fun watching/playing your Doc. You had even more sick combos here that I'd never seen you do before. Strait up sex man. I'll be sure to get the matches to you for your combo vid.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Cyphus sorry for being such a bad host i hadnt gotten good sleep in like 3 days and wanted to just be alone cuz thats how i am. I hope u dont take the way i acted too personal i had alot of fun playing with u and i think i learned alot from our matches we played sunday night. Anyways u and anyone else are welcome to crash at my place anytime but just dont ecpect me to want to talk to or be happy :chuckle:

Cyphus is the best smasher in LA i can tell from playing him and he even listened to my personal problems and put up with my bad attitude, cyphus i have alot of respect for u and cant wait to play u again

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
=)

shyguy, thanx for letting me crash at ur place and bringing me to the mall even though u weren't feeling good, i really appreciate it. i think ur a cool guy and have alot of pontential in smash or whatever u may instead decide to do. ur skills in poker make that evident. I talked my mouth about myself and my life so much and exaggerated a little drama, hoping to ge a reaction out of you. Though u didn't go into any detail, i'm glad you opened up a little about urself. nothing can stop u from being happy if u want to be ; )

manko and crew:
nice to play ya'll again.
First time i've fought john and his peach. good stuff. yea..maybe not use kongo jungle vs. doc, lol. i'll have to play u in some DDR some time.
RAM, sorry i had to go samus vs. you the 2nd round, ur luigi is crazy awesome. can't explain what was going through my head except 'PANIC' vs it. Ontop of your improvement your 5 outta 6 misfires got me to the point where i was just scared to edgeguard you, lol. why u acted dissapointed in our matches? =(
i mean, i know i wasn't playing my absolute best, and i'm sure weren't either, but it was still a pretty intense battle, at the least. 3rd fight, last stock both over 100%. doesn't get much closer than that!

glad the BR got to fight MookieRah and see how good his mewtwo is. =D

and thanx shy and suki, i think i'm the best too. ;) lmao

RAM

Smash Lord
I loved the matches CY I was dissapointed in myself, also I was really shocked that I was able to compete with you with only 2 months of learning the advance techniques, and you going Samus, there's nothing wrong with that it was a tourny, do what you have to do to win ^_^.

EET- you're right I wanted my fun friendly revenge but I guess it slipped my mind, also I would have soooo money matched you for that 15 cents you had.

RSIA- you Impressed me the most with your great improvement over thelast time I seen you. Good Stuff my boy

Taylor - you have more confidence in me then I do myself, You're awesome and I finally had the chance to play you, it was really fun. I can't wait for June the 3rd it's going to be insane and I hope I can take the LA scene by storm and even pull a few upsets.

Shyguy - did'nt get to play you again, maybe june 3rd we'll finally get at one another's troat's ^_^ but I've seen you're mario and doc, and you have just as much potential as I do. keep on working hard man.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
if you get on AIM, i'll be blad to tell you everything i know =)

but for starters, these are the cities and players whom u'd wanna watch out for most, not that other players suck, cuz people here are always improving alot and surprising the lot of us <_<
Most tournies here are put in Baton Rouge's 'The Mall of Louisiana'.

Houma
Cyphus: Doc, Falco, Link
Lee: Sheik, Jigs, Samus

BatonRouge
ph1r3: Marth, Capt., DK
Eet: Peach, Fox
Russia: Fox

NewOrleans
JohnWu: Marth, Mario, Roy
Ricky: Fox, Marth, Falco
Ray: Sheik, Y.Link

Lafayette
Blaise: Marth, Samus, Roy
Flarefox: Fox, Sheik, sometimes picks random low tiers, lol.

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
ok i got a new power invertor and have finished uploading the last of the vids..(waiting for the whole tape kinda takes time lol.) the last day is mostly just RSIA vs Shyguy and Myself after the tourney. I also advertised our tourney because im gaurenteeing first second and thrid place prize money. 200 for first 100 for second and 50 for third.. for both teams and singles.I dont have an exact date yet because i need an estimate for the hotel we are trying to rent from.and i want to know if we should get catering or not. anyways i should hopefully have the vidoes cut up later and i may have to go without music since i that will take time to find and download.unless someone knows an easy place to get it other than limewire.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
sHy)(gUy said:
Cyphus sorry for being such a bad host i hadnt gotten good sleep in like 3 days and wanted to just be alone cuz thats how i am. I hope u dont take the way i acted too personal i had alot of fun playing with u and i think i learned alot from our matches we played sunday night. Anyways u and anyone else are welcome to crash at my place anytime but just dont ecpect me to want to talk to or be happy :chuckle:

Cyphus is the best smasher in LA i can tell from playing him and he even listened to my personal problems and put up with my bad attitude, cyphus i have alot of respect for u and cant wait to play u again

he is good
but i can beat him.

Top Bottom