• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Hey eet ill be in town tommorow I drop my load at noon so ill be availible to do whatever afterwards.Ima need some beastly practice sessions with yall if I plan to at least do well this tourney.My Link has improved from playing the Denver guys.So Let me know what yall want to do.Only thing I know is when i get to the truck stop I will need to wash clothes and will there be videos of the matchs afterwards or would that be up to me buying a video camera and recording them myself?

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Iceburgh said:
Hey eet ill be in town tommorow I drop my load at noon so ill be availible to do whatever afterwards.Ima need some beastly practice sessions with yall if I plan to at least do well this tourney.My Link has improved from playing the Denver guys.So Let me know what yall want to do.Only thing I know is when i get to the truck stop I will need to wash clothes and will there be videos of the matchs afterwards or would that be up to me buying a video camera and recording them myself?
I want to play against you. I wish I could help you Friday but i'll be coming from Monroe that day, so i'll have to wait till the tourny.

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Well the Top 3 Denver players Are probably better than you. I got to play the 3rd best and he played Link but he could play the other chars just as well.I think his fox is slightly better than yours. he can drill shine pretty good.But I really dont know how hard you were trying vs me.And I think the fact that I improved while playing you may have made it a little eaiser to deal with them.I feel I improved a great deal playing them.So we will see tommorow or friday if I really improved as much as i feel.If they were truly better then I should be able to pull off a few wins vs you this time.If not then your probably as good as them.Check out Lovo's Link Combo vid I think its called out comes the wolves..IF you dont see it ill show you it tommorow I have it on CD.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
Sudai said:
sooo, no one from my newly formed crew, including me, will be able to attend this tourny..we -all- got grounded due to bad grades.. /sigh

Well, our group genious isn't grounded, but his parents won't take him anyway so he'd have had to get ride from one of us. x.x
i think everyone missed the irony in this statement:
genius*

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
hm.........well, if theres not THAT much time left, we could always do LowTier, and make it run by quick by saying 2 or 3 stock matches, or no loser's bracket, if neccessary.
i really wouldn't mind ****** a low tier tournament, even if the entry would be 1 dollar, winner takes all.(that and teams wouldn't be that big anyway) I have too much low tier pride to not want to show off my Link, Zelda, G&W, and Bowza.

But just to throw this out...in concept if we say screw the crew tournament, and N.O. is cocky enough i say their top 3(ricky, ray, john) can at least crew-MM............Me, Lee, and Taylor. any amount.

Sudai

Stuff here
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00 said:
i think everyone missed the irony in this statement:
genius*
Never said I was the genius. >.>

Anyway, June 3rd?! @.@ That's too far away, but at least me and my crew shouldn't be punished by then, so you can expect us at that one!

Oh, and the CheezyTurret's are a bit better now..and a name change if I'm not mistaken..

Kevin Bacon's Cheezy Turrets...yeah, me and my partner are freaks, so sue me.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
2 Days -_- Going to be a long drive....

So far its:

Ricky, John, Me(Matt), Ray, DJ, and maybe Olivier (O-Live-Vee-A)?

So im assuming once we get there the final decisions and rules will be set?

We all have all day to do w/e and play.

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Hey Eric im in LAfeyette at the moment just getting breakfast and directions to where im going.I should be in town in about 1.5hrs. So just call my cell if you guys want to know where im at cause i may not have interenet service at that Pilot on at the junction of I-10 and I-12.Also is there a Best Buy/Walmart/EBgames or any store where I can buy an RF switch for my gamecube... I realized that I didnt need a new TV to play GC just an RF switch since I couldnt set the tv to AV.Also I was still debating on weather or not I should buy a digital camera or Digital video recorder.Whatever would be better for filming matchs and for travel purposes.

eet

Smash Ace
Hmmm okay. Guess ill call shyguy and see if he wants to play today. I just finished one final and I gotta go take another in like an hr. So ill call at like 2 i guess and see. Ill call you in like a few hrs. We can prolly go to best buy or somethin if you want. You gonna stay for the tourny sat in lafayette? :D

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
K well so much for the crew tourney. The Panhandle Manhandlers were my main inspiration for the tourney anyway. Once they backed out, it all went downhill lol. We'll just save it for another day. Lets just focus all our effort on making the 1v1 tourney go smooth and have accurate results. On saturday you fight for yourself and nobody else.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I dont see y we still cant do the crew battle??

Nuthing has changed, I mean like what theres a few people not going so now no one gets to do it??

Teams and low tier arent even fun and weve done them before

Crew battles was one of the main things i was looking forward to but since were not doing it i might not even wanna go anymore.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
that doesnt matter, its the the same as teams except u get 4 people togther instead of two. It doesnt have to be like offical crews. its the same as like having teams where people find a teamate at the tourney except u find 3 other people (plus most people would already have a general idea of who to be with)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i don't see people wanting to form random crews. The better playres play together, and if theres a crew tournament...they're already the top crew. Its like elementary sports...the best kids are gonna get picked first, and the rejects get *****. I don't think I can see anyone willing to form a crew, put up money just to lose to N.O. or Houma.

All i know is...........i'm up for some MMs, n00bs.

I'll take any Low Tier Challenge w/ my Bowza or Mr.G&W, Any Mid w/ Link. and anyone w/ Doc.
I'll do MMs w/ my falco/zelda/samus but those will I can't be cocky w/, and say it will depend on the challenge.
i'll MM anyone in a random character battle. 2 outta 3, 4 outta 7...1 dollar. 20 dollars. don't matter. set the rules and be a good loser.

oh yea, i hope john is comfortable fighting in the air this time, cuz he'll be stuck in it from upairs.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
w/e we'd kick n.o and houma's *** anyway

and poeple would want to be with there friends and would have put up money just to have fun just like in the regular tourney even if they know they arent gonna win. I dont see what the difference is.

cyphus ill mm u with my soul

if we dont do crews im gonna rob a bank

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
sHy)(gUy said:
w/e we'd kick n.o and houma's *** anyway

and poeple would want to be with there friends and would have put up money just to have fun just like in the regular tourney even if they know they arent gonna win. I dont see what the difference is.

cyphus ill mm u with my soul

if we dont do crews im gonna rob a bank
Somebodys cocky?

Those who claim early victory usually end up dead early on the battlefield.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
I most likely will go to the tourney.
Finals are a pain in the *** but I'll probably be there after the s.a.t. this saturday.

What time are we starting?

edit: If we do crews and someone needs a member, I'd like to joinplzkthxbai.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lee said he didn't feel like going, so like..um..i dunno if we're coming now, cuz Derek, we were hoping, was gonna be our ride, but he's not gonna feel like brining just me, u know. so bah!

iunno...................

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ugh..yea, lee's going streaking at a beach tonight w/ some other friends. and derek has a crawfish broil tomorrow..so it looks like we won't be coming to this, unless somebody wants to pick me up, lolz.

yea, sorry guys. I really wanted to do this w/ the RR :<

Deathwave is coming to my house tonight, so looks like it'll be just smash between the 2 of us :/

Flarefox

Smash Ace
:( someone answer...what time will the tourney start, nooblets?

Jake I'll pick you up after I take the sat but I need to know when it's gonna start...
w/e I'm going to bed.

Icecow

Smash Rookie
fair enough. do well now, y'hear?

And guys, when does the tourney start? It would be of utmost importance to tell people when it starts. We must undergo important preparatory steroid injections that improve our smash skills tenfold--but they only last for 6 hours. Geez.

c'mon.

give ya' boys from da' berry a break, now.
-jms

err

Smash Journeyman
Alright I am trying to help my friend find some experienced smashers in New Orleans. Anyone of interest, he is new to advanced tactics but has the skill and determination to get better -- I see a lot of potential in him. Of course, I've never been to a tourney so I'm pretty n00bish but hey I SHFFL and WD and crap and and etc.

god this makes me realize how much i suck. Should I just give up and wait for SmashWii?

Top Bottom