• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Good News: It snowed.

Bad News: I got suspended from school.

More good news: I got suspended from school, and now have time to finish Galdeshiem on ToS2.

I might ask to go to dibbz tomorrow, but my parents might not let me because I got suspended. I don't really know, they might let me.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Lol, ToS2 is pretty good for a Wii game.

I got suspended for telling a teacher that I was sick of her always singling me out when everyone in the class was doing the same thing wrong. Basically, they said I couldn't do that because I'm not an adult. I'm not going to go into how stupid that is because I'm sure you all already know. The only thing that bothers me is that my parents completely agree that the ***** was wrong in this situation, I have testimony from other students and a teacher on my side, and yet my parents don't want to let me fight it. They want me to "simply" not talk to anyone in that class at all and not contribute to any of the many discussions we have in that class. So, currently I'm pissed with my school and I really feel like I should transfer to Ben Franklin.

-Ran

Smash Master
Well Mura, I was in a situation like that way back when I was younger. The teacher was always taken aback by how I was in class. Originally, my parents had decided that we would simply live with the situation, and hope that things would become better if I simply didn't talk in class at all. Unfortunately, this only made the situation worse. The teacher continued her antics, and all it did was make it miserable for me. A school is supposed to be a safe haven for learning, where you can go into an environment that condones growth. Eventually, my parents and I had to go talk with the teacher with the principle to get the issues resolved. Once we had a sit down, the teacher understood the position my parents had and the situation was resolved.

Even if your parents don't want to 'legally' fight it, they need to take the time to sit down at the same table as the teacher, or else it is going to impact your school work. If it is an issue with 'picking on you' then the teacher is going to move her 'picking' onto another student, due to realizing your parents play an active roll in your life. Essentially, if you take the 'ignore it and get better route' you are going to make yourself miserable, which will result in poor classroom performance.

PS: When I go to Dibbz, I'll bring my TV since so many people are going to be there on Friday.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I realize that the 'ignore it and get better' route will make me miserable, and either my parents don't realize it, or they just don't care. Either way, I don't think they're making the right decision. I feel that the right decision would be to confront the teacher and the disciplinarian of the school and discuss what happened, but they don't want to do that because "It's over and done with, we can't change what their decision is." That was a pretty shocking statement coming from my dad because he's normally telling me to not let these kinds of things happen without a fight. I've told my parents that if I don't fight, then nothing will change, but they don't seem to get it.

The real reason my parents don't want me to fight it is because they also can't get past the fact that I, a kid, challenged an adult, which is entirely stupid. I've shown them that that authority bull is ridiculous, but they won't accept it, even though they can't argue against it. My mom isn't really a good debater, she can't follow a conversation well. My dad is better than her, but even though he can understand what I'm saying, he won't change one of his personal dogmas even though I've refuted every point against it, he's that stubborn. So, I guess they think that by not fighting it, I'll learn to obey authority, even when they're clearly wrong.

My dad is hiring a psychiatrist to explain to me why I can't argue with adults because I'm a kid. I find that pretty amusing and I actually can't wait to meet this person.

-Ran

Smash Master
To argue is to do so in an emotional matter. To debate is to use logic and analytical thinking to govern the course of a disagreement. I, personally, was always a smart child. I always came into confrontations with my teachers due to this. The situation that I recalled to you was when I was in the 5th grade. Pretty much exactly the same thing that happened. Your parents NEED to sit down with your teacher, and they cannot fault the entire situation onto you. Not just the teacher that you had the confrontation with, but ALL of them. They need to get a proper picture of what is occurring before they start to invest money into it. Seriously, if they aren't talking with your teachers, they aren't going to make an informed idea of what is happening. You NEED to have a sit down with them. Truuuuuuuust me. If you want, have them [your parents] call me or something. I'm not going to let you be miserable. =/

What your parents are doing isn't... Don't argue with adults, it's 'Don't argue with authority.' That is a rather poor lesson to teach a child, the lesson learned is that there is a time and place for everything.

Ps: I can't remember your name, so if you have them call me, make sure you tell me your name first, or I'll call you Mura. =p

PSS: Tell them you aren't trying to get the suspension undone, you want the situation resolved so that issues don't happen in the future.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
props to ken for making the final 5..... he basicly has to win immunity or convince suszie and bob that matty is a bigger physical threat or he could go to matty and sugar and convince them bob is a bigger threat and or will not win against bob in a final vote... i still think ken was the best player, he may have slipped up voting matty but other than that he took out the best players in the game survived and mindgamed the *** out of people, if ken doest win... bob deserves it and matty.....sugar is a ***** and susie is just fodder for someone to take to the end to get the vote over....

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
How does the final 5 work? Do they still vote each other out?
What is this jury thing that they're making?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
My dad is hiring a psychiatrist to explain to me why I can't argue with adults because I'm a kid. I find that pretty amusing and I actually can't wait to meet this person.
Wow, that is absolutely REDICULOUS. As hard as it may be don't rofl in their face because your parents may start the think that the people you meet at Dibbz are drug-using degenerates and won't let you play smash anymore. You should lemme borrow ToS2 when u finish since I'm a closet Tales fan.

I'll be at the Dibbzfest with my Wii around 3 since I'm done with exams. Since I'll probably be the first one there whenever peeps get there find me on a comp. Get hype kniccas...

-Ran

Smash Master
00:29:16) kyomamoru: I wanna be, the very beeeeest.
(00:29:19) kyomamoru: The best there ever waaaaaas.
(00:29:29) Lee: uh oh
(00:29:30) Lee: lol
(00:29:55) kyomamoru: To beat leeeee is my real test,
(00:29:59) kyomamoru: To gimp him is my cause.
(00:30:04) kyomamoru: I will travel across the land.
(00:30:08) kyomamoru: Searching far and wide.
(00:30:12) kyomamoru: Teach me to understand.
(00:30:15) kyomamoru: The power that's insideeeeee.
(00:30:21) kyomamoru: GottapwnLee!
(00:30:27) kyomamoru: Gotta pwn 'em all.
(00:30:29) kyomamoru: It's you and me.
(00:30:32) Lee: hahahhahah
(00:30:32) kyomamoru: I know it's my destiny.
(00:30:37) kyomamoru: Gottapwnlee!
(00:30:43) kyomamoru: Ooooh, you're my best friend.
(00:30:51) kyomamoru: In a game we must defend.
(00:30:56) kyomamoru: BRAWLISN'TLAWL
(00:31:00) kyomamoru: Gotta Pwn lee!
(00:31:08) Lee: I came.
(00:31:15) kyomamoru: Awwe.
(00:31:16) Lee: too good
(00:31:20) kyomamoru: Well no reas, to continue.
(00:31:20) Lee: LOL
(00:31:21) kyomamoru: Since you came.
(00:31:23) kyomamoru: reason^
(00:31:32) Lee: shie
(00:31:44) kyomamoru: Our thumbs so true.
(00:31:55) kyomamoru: Our techs will pull us through
(00:32:01) kyomamoru: You teach me, and I'll teach you.
(00:32:08) kyomamoru: Brawlisn'tLAWL
(00:32:11) kyomamoru: Gotta pwn lee!
(00:32:12) kyomamoru: Gotta Pwn Lee!
(00:32:14) kyomamoru: Yeaaaaaa.
(00:32:21) kyomamoru: Every challenge, along the way
(00:32:25) kyomamoru: With Bhole I can face.
(00:32:37) kyomamoru: I will brawl everyday.
(00:32:46) kyomamoru: To claim my god**** place.
(00:32:51) kyomamoru: Come with me, this time is right.
(00:32:57) kyomamoru: There's no better team
(00:33:03) kyomamoru: Bhol and behol we'll wi nthe fight.
(00:33:08) kyomamoru: It's always been our dream!
(00:33:10) kyomamoru: Brawlisn'tlawl!
(00:33:13) kyomamoru: Gotta pwn lee!
(00:33:15) kyomamoru: It's you and meeeeeee
(00:33:19) kyomamoru: I know it's my destiny!
(00:33:22) kyomamoru: BRAWLISN'T LAW>
(00:33:27) kyomamoru: Oooooh, you're my best friend. <3
(00:33:31) kyomamoru: In a game we must defeeeeeend.
(00:33:48) kyomamoru: =p
(00:34:09) Lee: oh my god
(00:34:24) Lee: ive never came twice so consecutively
(00:34:28) kyomamoru: Lmao
(00:34:38) Lee: *dies*
(00:34:41) kyomamoru: w00t.
(00:34:45) kyomamoru: I JUST THREE STOCKED LEEEEE.
(00:34:49) Lee: I AM THE BEST
(00:34:50) Lee: lol
(00:34:50) kyomamoru: JV THREE STOCKED.
(00:34:55) Lee: 0 perc ent
(00:35:09) kyomamoru: Wiiiiin
(00:35:32) Lee: hehehe
(00:35:39) Lee: lee goes pack his bags
(00:35:42) Lee: for lafayette
(00:35:46) Lee: sry i cant make it to dibbz
(00:35:47) Lee: lol
(00:35:49) kyomamoru: And changes his pants.
(00:35:50) kyomamoru: =p
(00:35:55) Lee: what pants
(00:36:03) kyomamoru: OH SNAP
(00:36:06) Lee: lol
(00:36:10) Lee: change my wall
(00:36:17) kyomamoru: lmao
(00:36:24) Lee: get a new laptop
(00:36:26) Lee: and mailbox
(00:36:29) kyomamoru: Lmao.
(00:36:37) Lee: THROUGH the wall
(00:36:40) Lee: on the mailbox
(00:36:47) kyomamoru: OMFG
(00:36:48) kyomamoru: cnn.com/earthquakeinhouma
(00:36:55) kyomamoru: Oh wait, it was you.
(00:36:56) kyomamoru: =P
(00:37:03) Lee: LMAO
(00:37:07) Lee: i was like WHAT
(00:37:09) kyomamoru: LMAO
(00:37:10) kyomamoru: xD
(00:37:22) Lee: PRO
(00:37:24) Lee: all caps
(00:37:29) kyomamoru: TOOOO GOOOOOD.

D

Deleted member

i know i said i was slowing down on games but i should at least have a fall out blow out if you catch my drift. is anyone from baton rouge going to dibbs tomorrow? i'll ride with you if there is for sure melee. ill probably even play like... 1 game of brawl or something if we have both tvs for both games. and i can mm lee. it will be too fun!... maybe. lol. hope i dont get sad about wasting time on games again and want to leave when my ride wants to stay. maybe ill drive myself and get a blow out (because my tire is fscked up) on the bridge and die. we'll see what happens.

sudai, 2. for no reason.

no one commented on my game vs jonwu with dk f5!

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'll be there, so there should be melee. Everpower's off work too (I think) and shyg plays melee, so we'll have people.

Who knows, maybe we can even play some teams. That'd be new and exciting. Never have enough for (competent) melee teams.

D

Deleted member

it's be fun if kyle was there... i dont really enjoy teams without him. even though me and kyle were both considered slightly under cyphus and lee in melee, i feel like we always gave them an excellent show in team battles. we got compliments from the winners of final smash 1's team tourney (bluezaft and smiles) that we were the hardest team they fought. we almost beat them in winners. it was an epic battle. then cyphus and lee knocked us out of losers, but it was another really close fight.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
if theres a gang people playing madden battou will have to take them all out...

ya ill be playing both games.... drinking daquiris, smokin cigs,pimpin hos....

lets say the smashfest will be from 3pm - 3am jionvoni will have to hold on the tvs till i get there if no one else is there yet...

D

Deleted member

im trying to stay up all night so idk if ill actually be up for going to n.o. but we'll see what happens. i just found my jacket ive been looking for, for a very long time. im not sure if it's dirty but im wearing. im listening to old hip hop for inspiration. eric was using fl8 for a little bit this morning and it really made me want to make beats and music. if i release and album and every one of your ****ers dont buy it, i'll kill you.

love, taylor

and to the makers of kool aid:

would y'all please top fillin the **** to the top. i know yall are trying to give the most for the value and all that but i dont need the bottle blowin up like a grenade with blue **** all over my white carpet, alright? thank you.

D

Deleted member

double post because i just watched survivor...

im pretty much hoping bob wins. ken is probably in greater need of the money for his family and school but bob is just a better dude. if not either of them then sugar. shes really nice. im about to look up pics of her. hah. ken is kind of a douche. i never really liked crystal through the whole game but what she said at the end of the episode was really sweet. her and ken probably had the most faithful alliance in all survivor history.

also the announcer referred to ken as 'The King' in this episode. hilarious.

Sudai

Stuff here
Hey, everyone, who plans to go to Final Smash 5 for Brawl? There's a few crews that want to play and I'm hoping we could make a crew. It's nothing formal, just exhibition matches, possibly put money on it, but it wouldn't be an actual tournament.

Also, voting on my thing is closed.

1) Dallas - 14 votes
1.5) Random People Being Stupid - 3 votes
2) DIBBZ and BR - 7 votes

So, I'm gonna be going to Dallas this weekend. :x

I'm on christmas break after next week so I'll see you guys soon anyway. XP

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
im probibly going to dibbs tonight. with at least one friend. i can bring my wii if i need 2 as well. wat time is everyone getting there? and i will play melee a lil bit, idk if im as good as i was. but ile play. haha. so u can add that me and a friend will be there tonight.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
oh nos were gonna have like 30 people trying to play smash..... im going as early as possible to get a parking spot (ya someone bring another tv or sumthing i dunno lol)

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
umm bring a tv too if u can cuz my and shyg pretty much got the dibbz tvs on lockdown...hope everyone likes rotation mode...

edit: I gotta clean up and go buy some **** so imma be to Dibbz ~4 and hopefully both tv's will be open.
idk if i can bring a tv. :(
and maby we could have a draft crew tourny. if we have alot of people. no money. or money it all depends on wat the people want. haha

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
all my money is going to daquiri and ciggerettes,powerade.....ill play for fun though...

draft crew tourny for money ill do though.... dependes how much

Top Bottom