• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go back to my mom's place until I graduate from college. While doing that, I was hoping to just return back to my quiet life of solitude before I actually hung out with everyone with some time in between to talk with people to see how they're doing and stuff. I'll probably still pop in on this thread from time to time to see what's up. I'll get a job eventually after I graduate and hopefully find my own place to live by myself as soon as possible.

This is really all that I wanted to decide on if I won the Pichu Ditto, but it seems that I already made the choice anyway. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have wanted to enter my tourney anyway because of my rules and the amount of effort they'd have to put in anyway, meaning that nothing would've changed anyway. So it's whatever at this point. If people still wanna do it, I'll think of a prize or something. Otherwise, don't even worry about it.

I'm pretty sure this Christmas, most people already have a lot of things that they already wanted, if not all. And I'm out of original ideas myself, so instead of buying presents for people, I figured I'd just make pies. I'm pretty sure everyone enjoys eating pies just as much as I like making them. And it's been a long time since I made one too, so I'm overdue.

I don't really want anything for Christmas.

Sudai

Stuff here
Sounds like you have things figured out, Vaughn. I'm glad to hear you decided on your own instead of letting a gauntlet followed by a single match decide it for you. I still want to enter the gauntlet, though. :x

As far as Christmas presents go, I request that none of you guys buy me any. I don't like to do the whole present thing and even if you guys did want to get me something, the only things I want now days are intangible things anyway.

Carpool Info For Final Smash 5 So Far
Car 1:
Car: Sudai's
Driver: Roni
Confirmed People: Lee, Roni, Sudai
Pending People: Cyphus, Patrick
Seats Left: 0/5
Seats That May Open: 2

-Ran

Smash Master
Ouch, I wasn't confirmed. q.q I'm fine with using my car, I'm putting fresh tires on it tomorrow. I'm going to take the Friday/Sat/Sun off for the tournament. I just need to have awesome people in my car that I actually want to talk with. When Cyphus and I went to Houston, I did all the driving. =p

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have wanted to enter my tourney anyway because of my rules and the amount of effort they'd have to put in anyway, meaning that nothing would've changed anyway.
There were a lot of people that were going to do it Mocha, more than most Melee tournaments. =p

Sudai

Stuff here
Freddy, our car decided that we most likely weren't staying for Melee due to work and school issues (and Cyphus not wanting to Play Melee. He's actually basically confirmed [Told Roni he wanted to come in our car and mentioned coming when I was down in Thibideaux] but I haven't actually talked to him about riding with us yet.), hence why I didn't put you in my car. I know Pritch wants to go to this and Taylor said he'd go if he didn't have to use his car, so you should talk to those two about going for Melee?

I'm unsure as to if Ryan wants to go for both or not so you can talk to him to make sure. Could also talk to Nick but like Ryan, I'm not sure if he's wanting to go to both or what.

We still have time to figure out carpool info and shiz so people need to talk.

Brawl Saturday
Melee Sunday
Dun forget.

-Ran

Smash Master
Lol. It's just, I do have work the next day, and I'm already going to be driving up for Final Smash.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Freddy, taylor, and/or anyone else:

If I do end up going I'll definitely be staying for melee, and I'll most likely be able to drive barring catastrophic issues with my car or some such. Unfortunately, I won't know for sure if I'll be able to go till closer to the actual event, but you can *probably* count on me going at this point. Either way I'll keep you guys posted and let you know once I know for sure.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I can still host the gauntlet tourney. Like I said I can still do it if people want to. I just need to think of a better prize now.

This decision was probably gonna happen anyway. Everyone says I woulda won the Pichu Ditto anyway..

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Who needs a prize?? Though, speaking of your pies, my mom wanted to get some of the recipes from you. We should hang out soon, and maybe I can get those then?

Also, with the new date, I'll most likely be able to make Beaumont on the 21st.

Sudai

Stuff here
I just accepted the most ridiculous YMaM match...

Sudai vs Esca
"Your mom's a gay, half mexican, half black man with two ***** and horrible sideburns." match.

Match Rules:
2/3
Random Character
Random Stage (EVERY TIME!) with all stages (including customs) on.
Items: Smashball and Golden Hammer ONLY on HIGH!

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Sudai, you should definitely record those matches.

Randall, I'll write them down for next time I see you.

Alright. I just finished coming up with the ideas for the challenges for the gauntlet. Now what I have planned now is that anyone who has expressed interest in participating in the gauntlet can have one challenge revealed in a ditto of his choice in either Melee or Brawl. There are 63 total possibilities.

Zelda and Sheik are separate characters, meaning there are no transformations in battle. (I made sure of this one. =P)

Samus and Zero Suit Samus are separate characters.

Pokemon Trainer is treated as only one character.

Nick got his revealed over the weekend. (He actually guessed it too.)

Brawl King Dedede Scenario : No Grabbing.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Im seriously going to try to find a ride to Beaumont now. I'll help pay for gas and whatnot as long as you just give me a ride there and back. If anything I can provide portable TV screens and a hookup to play Smash in the car. Message me?

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
pritch, Ill be down to ride with you to the melee tourny, just let us know.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm planning this to be all summer long. Leave BR, go to FL stopping in places on the way, then up to NY, again, stops on the way, then to Michigan (planning to spend a week or so there. Have a girl I need to go see that I haven't seen in ages and there's a good smashbase there so there's no worries about getting bored while I'm off with the girlie) then through the midwest and on our way to Cali coming in from the north, make our way through Cali to SoCal, then down to Texas, then finally back to Louisiana.

Freddy, only people I discriminate against are Stegosauruses. Those ****ers always make my car so messy...

Pritch

Smash Lord
So this is gonna sound super gay, but who wants to go on a Super Smash Road Trip with me this summer?
I dunno. Depends on what else I'm doing this summer and/or how much melee is involved.

EDIT: Whoa. That's one big trip you're planning there. I probably won't be able to do something quite that epic, though I might come along for the fl portion of the trip.

Sudai

Stuff here
SC, when the hell did you move to Florida? D:

Pritch, so long as you're willing to chip in gas, you're welcome along for that leg of the trip. If gas prices go up much at all, I'm probably gonna axe the plan and just fly up to Michigan for two-three weeks instead, though.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I've been in Florida for a while now, Sudai. For like, three months. I guess I didn't mention it to you when we were texting all those weeks ago. Eh.

But I now have a car. Once I get it in tip-top shape, I'mma start traveling around.

Smooth Criminal

Sudai

Stuff here
Oooh, I see...well..that's cool. You should let me know when you travel places, I might can show up there too. :p

On an unrelated note, I need the LA boards help fast.

Welcome to the NHK!
Venus Versus Virus
Onegai Teacher
Night Head Genesis
Minami-Ke
Kotetsu Sangokushi
Kashimashi, Kanon
Jigoku Shoujo
Innocent Venus
High School girls
Blue Drop
Bambo Blade

That's what I have that I've yet to watch and I need to start a new series asap.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Ill def keep that in mind, ive always wanted to do that.

srsly, ill def consider it and ill give you an answer soon.

another thing is that this is a GIGANTIC journy.

D

Deleted member

if anyone goes for melee i'll ride with them and help pay for gas. someone put me on a list or something.

to lee:

if you're talking about 2 years ago at the gamewear tourney then that's just funny. if you're talking about the night before the tourney then you 2 stocked me twice right after i got off work and my hands were ice cold and it was my first games of the night. i wanted to play more matches but you left. i played really well vs rice and everyone else later that night. at the tourney the next day, you lost to freddy. right after that, i beat freddy, even on pokefloats. im not saying anything about freddy's skill lvl, just stay i beat a player you lost to. regardless i wouldnt have said you sucked if you hadn't said it yourself. everyone from oos didnt want to do crews so we didnt do it, but the whole saying you didnt want to do crews was really upsetting to me. i know you're not actually bad at melee, but also playing brawl definitely effects your game. idk if you're going to continue to try and play both games, but if you do; best of luck. im just not worried about fighting you in a tournament match.

Top Bottom