• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

eet

Smash Ace
im actually awesome at brawl lol.
it's almost sad that i dont play.

ima go post in the final smash thread because if it's the same venue as final smash 1 was then it's going to be crowded beyond belief with both melee and brawl. i dont know if i want to go if thats the case but we'll see. hopefully kite can house again, that was fun.

-taylor

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
CAN I BE THE WORST IN LOUISIANA?

Smooth Criminal
I am here to inform you that the spot is already taken by a person of the name NES n00b cause he is a noob
of the nes and smash
. You can, however, have the second worse spot I am pretty sure. Just send a letter to the courthouse in Baton Rouge detailing why you should be second worst with a document of verification. Thank you.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I am here to inform you that the spot is already taken by a person of the name NES n00b cause he is a noob
of the nes and smash
. You can, however, have the second worse spot I am pretty sure. Just send a letter to the courthouse in Baton Rouge detailing why you should be second worst with a document of verification. Thank you.
lol.

You, sir, are the Anti-Hype.

Smooth Criminal

RickyB

Smash Cadet
CYPHUS:
this thread just keeps getting more awesome. its like the good old days when we'd argue back and forth about hte melee tier list....except we're not really arguing.
ALSO..those SHREVEPORT smashers are really good..they're deffinately in the 3rd tier.

also, Shiner munichstyle helles lager isn't too shabby. me and aaron (ricky's roomate) have been waiting for this 3 pound 9 oz stouffers chicekn echniladas with cheese and rice meal forever in the oven...gotta heat it an hour and 20 minutes... @__________@

and i guess we basically agree on the first 3 tiers.

i'd say then...personally-specifically, i expect Ran to consistently place high as i see his snake's improvement ginormous.
i'd like to see Pierre do great again, the most actually. he plays lucas not just correct...but like, makes me think lucas can actually compete. but between choking and using a non-high tier..i dont know. i love him though.
i'm drinking btw, in case this is hard to read.
i can't wait for this weekend!!!!!
CYPHUS + SUDAI + RICKY + VAUGN + NICK = TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO2222222222222222 GOOD

LCB12321

Smash Cadet
While I consider myself no contender for brawl power rankings.... id say i could at least go even with maybe everyone minus lee,sudai,cj,jon wuu... even them i could give serious close matches if I played my best... like just yesterday i went even with jinnovini in friendly....Im a bad tournanent player in terms of placement...but my knowledge of the game is probly higher.....u people tottally understemite batto,mura.... if anything ill leave competive play and only give training too ur so called worse smashers... my illness will keep me from doing much so its likely i wont play in any tournaments for awhile if ever.... (****s not fair)

how bout this me vs. lee best 2/3....if i loose i kill myself....

peace out.....

-Ran

Smash Master
CYPHUS:
i'd say then...personally-specifically, i expect Ran to consistently place high as i see his snake's improvement ginormous.
<3333333333 I guess I really made an impression on you when you were drunk. DOWN SMASH FOR TOP TIER VS DRUNKS.

CYPHUS + SUDAI + RICKY + VAUGN + NICK = TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO2222222222222222 GOOD
You know what makes that even better? I might stop by. ;v

r0ni

Smash Cadet
CYPHUS:
this thread just keeps getting more awesome. its like the good old days when we'd argue back and forth about hte melee tier list....except we're not really arguing.
ALSO..those SHREVEPORT smashers are really good..they're deffinately in the 3rd tier.

also, Shiner munichstyle helles lager isn't too shabby. me and aaron (ricky's roomate) have been waiting for this 3 pound 9 oz stouffers chicekn echniladas with cheese and rice meal forever in the oven...gotta heat it an hour and 20 minutes... @__________@

and i guess we basically agree on the first 3 tiers.

i'd like to see Pierre do great again, the most actually. he plays lucas not just correct...but like, makes me think lucas can actually compete. but between choking and using a non-high tier..i dont know. i love him though.
i'm drinking btw, in case this is hard to read.
dont forget me and the beard

D

Deleted member

it is true, rickyb did beat my ike once.

but he don't know about that META ike.

shyg make sure your suicide match is in melee. i hear lee sucks at that game now. lol. j/k. maybe.

but yeah, don't do that shyg.

Slashtap

Smash Cadet
Dang I haven't been here in forever. Anyone here still play Melee well? I never purchased Brawl. I'm comin back to Baton Rouge in a few weeks.

Pritch

Smash Lord
There's one in orlando fl, but that's probably too much of a hike for you guys. I may end up going to that since I'm from fl depending on when I get my last school stuff wrapped up.

Esca

Smash Champion
Everyone in Louisiana, who would like to come to a Smashfest that Beaumont is hosting, with alot of Texas people?

-Ran

Smash Master
I'll be working. =( [I can't wait for next year to roll around so I can start scheduling days off again.]

Battousai780

Smash Ace
LOL@Ran's Tier list of LA smashers. That **** is horribly messed up seeing as how I beat several of the people above me IN A TOURNEY and can go toe-to-toe with some of the rest. Whatever, I don't care. Arguing that I'm better won't make me better. I'll prove it. :]]

-Ran

Smash Master
When's the last time you played them? When have you ever placed well aside from the summer Dibbz Tournament? [which was 7th place.] In the most recent tournament you attended you placed 17th. If you're referring to Roni and Ricky, they have both substantially improved since then.

ALSO.....
New Orleans Monthly #2!
Date:
12/28/08
6850 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie, LA

Time:
Noon till Completion.
Registration closes at 12:30.

Entry Fee:
10 dollars.

Format and Rules:
Singles tournament with Pools to select seeding.
Split: 55/25/15/5
No items.
Three Stocks.
Time Limit will be set to seven minutes. Ties determined by percent/stock.
Best two of three.
Bring your own controller.
Advanced slob picks
Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs.

Stage List:
Starter:
Lylat, FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's, Delfino, and Castle Siege

Counterpick:
Halberd, Brinstar, PS1, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, PS2, Pictochat, Norfair, and Pirate Ship

Banned:
Everything else.

Level Striking
The way we do level striking is, we take turns striking out levels UNTIL ONE is left. So you dont have to worry about ANY ones you dislike.

Additional
Anyone who is capable of bringing a Wii/TV will be much appreciated. For a tournament such as this to work effectively, we need to have at least eight TVs.

Setups
1. Ran Iji Tv+Wii+Brawl

Current tally:
Wii's 1
Brawls - 1
Tvs - 1 + 2 big screens at Dibbz.

Please discuss on the actual tournament link, in doing so will allow us to continue to use the venue due to promoting activity on their site.

----

I'm still looking for a good side event.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Stop *****ing and get better. Don't whine, and just prove it already. You didn't need to justify yourself.

NO MOOD TO PUT UP WITH BATTOU'S ****. /stress Melee time

Edit: Melee for side event.

-Ran

Smash Master
It isn't going to be another game. That requires different set ups.

Basically:
Teams
Low Tier
Mid Tier
Draft Crews.

Sudai

Stuff here
Nick would go.

Also, +12 votes for Draft Crews.

Draft Crews Explanation (for nubs!):

Members per crew: 3-5 (depending on number of people there.)
Captains: 1st through whatever from the singles tournament.
Picking Order: Lowest place picks first, then second lowest, all the way to 1st, then repeat till everyone is picked.

Example:

Entrants: 20 people
Members Per Crew: 4
Team Captains: 1st - 5th (have some sort of tie breaker to determine which 5th slot gets it, or just if one doesn't want to participate or w/e)
Pick Order: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Then make a crew name that incorporates your number somehow.

We'd have to discuss rules for crews though.

Right now I'm thinking this:

Stocks: 15 (split amongst team mates as evenly as possible) [This deviates from the Melee 20 because well..20 is too much. XD]
You are NOT allowed to change your character if the incoming opponent chooses to random the stage. However, if the opponent chooses to pick from the neutrals, you're allowed to change characters.
All other tourney rules apply? lol. Mainly we just need to determine the stock number.

As for the procedure for crews for people that don't know:

Both crews write down which character each player will use. You can NOT deviate from this (aside from the stage picking rule mentioned above.) Each crew writes down who will go in first. After this, the crew members are allowed to go in any order. Final decisions will be made by the Crew Captain, however he is allowed to discuss with the rest of the crew before making the decision.

NO COACHING

Pritch

Smash Lord
See if you can free up some computers and do a PC game side event (I'd vote wcIII, but I'm biased since I play that a ton and I don't know if others do).

EDIT:

NO COACHING
If you don't want to allow it that's cool, but as can be seen from tons of recorded crew battles coaching is in fact generally allowed (FC3 crews comes immediately to mind). Pretty much every crew battle at any major tournament I've been to has allowed it.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
LOL@Ran's Tier list of LA smashers. That **** is horribly messed up seeing as how I beat several of the people above me IN A TOURNEY and can go toe-to-toe with some of the rest. Whatever, I don't care. Arguing that I'm better won't make me better. I'll prove it. :]]
It's not horribly messed up its based off of proven results.....

It doesn't matter if you've beaten serveral people, it matters in your placement...

And Ranji I think we should have a side low tier tournament again ^_^

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Also, for this dibbz tourny would someone PLEASE (Probly MURA) Record 80% of the matches??? I think we are the only state who host good tournies with little vids...

Im sure we all want to wtach our matches again on you tube ya know?

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure not going. Randall might wanna go to it, so you have half of the Baton Rouge Brawlers going. Assuming all 4 are Nick, Randall, Thomas, and Dominic... Maybe Icemann...

lawl

Top Bottom