• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
After much work, my Wii is now Trip free, and has the ability to save replays beyond 3 minutes.
So does that get rid tripping caused by moves (ie Weegee's dtilt) or just the random trips caused by moving the control stick?

Where do you get your evil methods, sir? I've been scoping around with the anticipation of playing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on my US Wii. Any good region-free hacks you can recommend?
I want that game so badly, literally ordering a stick for Wii and a mod chip just so I can play it. Also still holding out for Speed Racer and Samurai Pizza Cats to be PC.

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
Thanks, Ran. I'll keep that in mind.

I want that game so badly, literally ordering a stick for Wii and a mod chip just so I can play it. Also still holding out for Speed Racer and Samurai Pizza Cats to be PC.
You saw they revealed Agatha June and Roll are in the game?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Thanks, Ran. I'll keep that in mind.

You saw they revealed Agatha June and Roll are in the game?
Yeah saw that, though I'm so confused because they announce Roll, have Mega Man music, have a Mega Man level and have yet to announce Mega Man? Wut???

Just the tripping from movement. All tripping via moves is still there.
Coo

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Ya know, Zero was in a fighting game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PsHyVz59IM
Yeah I've seen clips of that game before. There's nothing wrong with Zero, but I've always liked Mega Man much more. Actually I hated Zero in the X series but loved him in the MMZ series. He was always kind of a douche in MMX. With TvC, the only incarnations left to be put in crossovers are X, exe, and that starforce thing. I personally want to see more of X.

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
Yeah I've seen clips of that game before. There's nothing wrong with Zero, but I've always liked Mega Man much more. Actually I hated Zero in the X series but loved him in the MMZ series. He was always kind of a douche in MMX. With TvC, the only incarnations left to be put in crossovers are X, exe, and that starforce thing. I personally want to see more of X.
Thing is, the game I cited (SVC Chaos) kinda blows.
Ah well, there's always KOF98.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I wasn't aware that Geko OS was a requirement to run Ocarina. I've got a modchip in mine so that might be why, but I don't think so.

From what I understand Geko OS just has a built in Ocarina option. Similar to how Freeloader was a stand alone program but Action Replay also had it included.

-Ran

Smash Master
If you just use the base Ocarina, you can't use the SD card to save information. With the Geko OS, you can.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
ah, that was the deal. I was wondering why I couldn't save the replay to SD.

If you guys decide to turn off tripping for every Wii at the tourney, I think the tourney host should be the one to load the homebrew channel with his own SD card. That way we'll know that no other codes are being sneaked in with the no tripping & extended replay.

-Ran

Smash Master
That's what I was going to do. I have about 50 or so SD cards at home, and with my Windows based phone, I can see what files they have on their card pretty easily.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
ran, would it be too much to ask if you could make a modded wii faq? what do i need to do in order to play import games? how do I do it?

-Ran

Smash Master
ran, would it be too much to ask if you could make a modded wii faq? what do i need to do in order to play import games? how do I do it?
^This plz, also come thru, I got Joffre's arcade sticks so we should get on some st
Sure, I'll write something up when I get off of work. I found that Wiibrew wasn't that greatly documented, I might just update their Wiki. Lmao.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Dear GOD, Megaman TRIGGER? I think I need new ****ing pants. Rockman Legends was my favorite Rockman game. Seeing him in an actual FIGHTING game is enough in itself to make me go ballistic. I think I need to learn how to hack my god**** Wii now.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I can do without the no trip hack, but I would like the longer replay hack if you're giving that one out too. :3

Typing from a Wii is frustrating -_-

-Ran

Smash Master
I can do without the no trip hack, but I would like the longer replay hack if you're giving that one out too. :3

Typing from a Wii is frustrating -_-
Then get a USB keyboard. There's really no reason as to NOT get No trip. =p Unless you like getting punched in the face 1 out of 100 attempts. =V

D

Deleted member

Meh, I'll play them however, I've done it both ways and don't have a real preference. And I've always felt like fox vs sheik isn't nearly as bad as people try to make it out to be. I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5378H3UXqM (yes, I know I reference that vid way too much, but it's basically my bible for that matchup).
i don't agree with a lot of your character match up opinions. i do think that the fox vs shiek match isn't that bad tho. i would say slightly in fox's favor, but not a counter. i also think fox vs peach and marth vs peach are the same thing. slightly in fox and marth's favor, but not a counter. i dont think peach's problem is that she can't compete, i think it's just she has no matches that are actually in her favor. i think shiek vs peach is also slightly in shieks favor. i would probably say capt and falco vs peach are both about even, and i have no idea about jiggs, samus, or ganon. i've heard ganon has the advantage tho.

i just dont think referencing one vid of pros fighting really supports your argument. i could pull up a ton of pc's fox pwning dephens shiek, and probably beating kdj's shiek also.

i cant believe yall made redson eat 1/3 cup of cinnamon. that's insane.

this thread moves too fast.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I see. I guess I missed that. It's looking like I'll probably be able to make Dibbz. I'll bring my TV and Wii, but I don't think I'm gonna go for any hacks.

Top Bottom