• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I guess boomstick is out the area too, because he doesnt seem like the type that would quit playing melee.

please bring everyone friday joe!
Apparently there was some sort of drama between him and Rice/Drumma that occurred before I moved back here. He still plays I assume, but I haven't seen him since getting back. Rook is kind of a similar deal in that he's not ever around (has kids) and Fumin doesn't even play Melee anymore. I'm an hour away so I only get to see them every so often. So basically the crew is down to Rice/Drumma/RAM.

With Brawl sowing down the Melee scene, the three of them have gotten into the YGO card game. They'll still play Melee/Brawl though, I just don't know if they'll have the desire to travel for friendlies. If LA holds a Melee tourney however, I'm sure they'd go. Rice won the last GA one a few weeks ago after all.

Also, I'm going to the Sunday tourney not the Friday one.

D

Deleted member

so maple story has a seven hour server check and im really bored. im continually checking swf and i usually dont even care enough to post as of late.

i knew about the rook drama, but that sucks about boom. he was always kind of an aggressive guy, but once you got to know him he was cool. and i dont think steve ever traveled to any tournaments.

i just think it's funny out of all hobbies they are playing YGO lol.

i used to be pro at ygo virtual duel. too good when u can have any card for free and play anyone around the county. i stopped playing tho so im too far behind the metagame to play anymore.

amd that's sad because i doubt i'll be at the dibbs tourney, and my house in an hour away from there so yall will probably be invited to someone's house there. if not ur welcome to make a little more of a drive and crash here.

i would really love to hold a melee tourney but i just dont think the turn out would be anything worth while. BEST case scenario (everyone has off work, with no other plans) i could get me, tim, kyle, ken, eric, sudai, and lee? am i forgetting anyone? that's pretty bad as is. even with one or two more, i doubt it would make the trip worth it for yall.

*sighs at melee in La*

i might move to Fl to go to school o.O

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
taylor if you hosted a melee tournament i think there would be a bigger turnoun that you think. i would enter and im sure pritch would and maybe even raniji.:D

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'd come, for sure. And it isn't unreasonable to think that the panhandle guys would come, I wouldn't think. And texas still has something of a melee scene too, unless DoH, cave, forkgirl, and whoever else crams into their car to go to stuff aren't playing/travelling anymore. So out of state peeps aren't outside the realm of possibility.

What would you use for a venue?

D

Deleted member

tx never came to anything in la even during the prime of melee lol.
even with pritch and freddy (i forgot about him) that only makes like 9 la people lol. and that's assuming EVERYONE can come.
with an additional *possible* 3 from fl that's 12... at the most.
i just dont see it even being worth it o.O

if by an act of God we got 20+ people stephen would probably let us host at gameware. he originally let me host there years ago (and he respects melee as a fighting game a lot more). if it was, as i assume it would be, only like 10 people; i could just do it at my house. we have 5 available set ups without anyone bringing any equipment. lol

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Anyone able to bring a camcorder or digital camera for this tournament? I promised my friend who isn't going I would find a way to get my crushing defeat on video. Shouldn't be a problem for you sadistic *******s, right? Right.

I wonder how bad it is to eat cinnamon....

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Alex will have her camera, so we can use that.

I'd be up for a Melee tournament. I might not be that good, but I still enjoy the game.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Taylor, advertise it as a "smash tourney" to make random locals assume it's for Brawl and show up. Then make sure TX/FL knows it's strictly Melee. TX might be more willing to travel for Melee now since tourneys for them are harder to come by. There's also some AL people that might be interested. I know there's a couple I'd pass by in Mobile on the way at least.

You could also go the route of putting some money together for an OOS bonus. Whether through MMs, charging a small fee for housing, donations at Brawl smashfests, note taking service... But yeah, I see where you're coming from. LA's always been a smaller scene than most and from what I can tell, a lot of the people I knew from there no longer play. Or at least don't post here.

Sudai

Stuff here
Is r0ni JDawg or Gamma? (Only other Houma Smashers I know) D:

Also, it makes me -really- sad that the Houma crew isn't gonna stay the night in BR. I was really looking forward to watching some more wrestling. : (

Octacyphus was ridiculous. XD

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I think you'd get more than you'd expect too, Taylor. I'd play even though I'd get horribly *****... I'd still like to learn Melee if you're willing to teach though. =D

Lmao @ Ricky B and Cyphus, y'all too awesome. XD I'd also like to see this Octacyphus I've heard about/seen on youtube. >.>

I'll be at Gware from like 5:00-6:15 w/o my gf, and then sometime probably after 7:30 or 8:00 with her... She's gonna leave to go study though cuz she has this test she's super paniced about (even though she has Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday morning more to study >.>). She's just a super study freak, idk why. *shrug*

I'm looking forward to some Brawl/Melee tonight though (before and after my sister's dinner), so I hope you guys are ready too. :)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there early, maybe 5ish. We can get some games in then, if you'd like.

Also, Laffy is still big on Melee, right? Or at least not for Brawl, so I think they'd come to something. I think 15-20 would be interested, it's just a matter of getting them all in one place.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
hey are we doing pools tonight or is it straight to the bracket?

nick or sudai, if i bring my lap top and wires, can one of you show me how to hook it all up for video, i don't plan on recording tonight but hopefully by New Orleans i can have it ready.

i <3 roni

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Straight to a bracket, unless turnout is low. As usual, I'll seed it based on location and roughly off the previous Gameware's results.

Maybe next month we can do pools and no side tournament?

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
hey are we doing pools tonight or is it straight to the bracket?

nick or sudai, if i bring my lap top and wires, can one of you show me how to hook it all up for video, i don't plan on recording tonight but hopefully by New Orleans i can have it ready.

i <3 roni
Most certainly. ^_^ It's really not that hard at all, most of the time it's figuring out whatever program you got that takes the most effort.

Straight to a bracket, unless turnout is low. As usual, I'll seed it based on location and roughly off the previous Gameware's results.

Maybe next month we can do pools and no side tournament?
So by not entering this one I lose my seeding I got from last time... Dammit. XD Oh well. Shift happens. Lol. Pools to no side tourny sounds kinda good. Idk though. Also, next month I'll have work until like 6:00, 6:30 so I'll see if Stephen will let me bring my stuff over there like Thursday night and we can set up once I get there or y'all can do it before hand. And yes, I'm definitely up for a few games before I head out. Lol.

-Ran

Smash Master
Is the Low Tier the first tournament that is being run today? That's the only way I'd be able to make the serious one due to getting off at work at 7:30 today.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So Redson has informed me that apparently him and Sudai are going to have a cinnamon match. It's gona be a Capt. Falcon ditto match. I want to suggest someone records their match and then records the loser suffocating on their loss. Lol, then make a vid showing the match and at the end showing the loser's suffering. this would be a good example of what happens to two local gamers when they enter a cinnamon match.

Ahhh... I can already see Redsons spaztic agaonising face..... I mean... No cheating Redson, you can't take the chuckload of cinnimon and then immediatly chug down your economy sized monstar to wash it down, we need to see you suffer for a while.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Gameware has internet. It's only for their store computers, so I don't think you'll be able to use it.

Singles is first, sorry.

Don't worry, I'm sure everything will get recorded with Redson vs Sudai.

Link Eiyu

Smash Rookie
Hey smashers.

I wish I could get to the tourney tonight. I'd be all over a low tier tourney, since I'm maining Samus. Unfortunately, the tournaments conflict with the football games for my school... and since I'm a reporter, they need me here and such.

Partly why I have yet to get out to do some interviews out there. Very disappointing for me. =/ In any case, once football season has passed, I'll be out there again. I do beleive since my last appearance that I've signifigantly improved my Samus game. Doubtful that I'll be able to match up to players like Sudai and Lee still, but improvement is all I'm looking for at the moment.

D

Deleted member

dam. wow. im getting a zakum helm tonight at 8, which could take anywhere between 45 mins to 2 hours. ill probably show up at gw for 7, then leave at like 7:45 and pritch, you can come back over when ever you get done. for melee this time, tim will definitely be joining us, and im about to call kyle now. tim might even go to the tournament to play a few games but maybe yall should all just come here lol

edit:: correction, i have to be there at 7 but the run doesnt start till 8. looks like i wont be going to gw at all. yall should just come here instead lol. i dont have to do anything from 7-8 cept be at my house so tim at the least will come over then and i just called kyle but he didnt pick up. Ken is already here.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
This thread moves too ****ing fast <_<

And if you want Melee, you should go to Event 52. It's gonna be amaaaazing.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Recap of Gameware Monthly 5 in the point of view of Redson!

0: Redson lost his cinnamon match against Sudai. Miserably.
1: Redson lost his first match. Cyphus, I hate you.
2: Redson lost his second match. I forgot his name. Started with a C. CHadly, thats it.
3: Redson watched many people kick copious amounts of ***, and moped over the fact that he sucked so hard.
4: Redson had a money match with Battou.
5: Redson LOST said money match with Battou.
6: Redson slowly began to hate loathe and despise Battou.
7: Redson swallowed cinnamon. It was pretty funny to watch him choke and gesture for water. It'll be up on Youtube for lulz. Don't worry.
8: Redson spent ten minutes in the bathroom washing his face and spitting out cinnamon.
9: Redson grew to hate Battou EVEN MORE (Its possible! Really!)
10: Redson came home and made this crappy guide of his pov. His head hurts, his face is red, and he bears a warning to all:

Never, EVER take a cinnamon match. EVER. I don't think I will ever eat anything cinnamon flavored again. Tonight was not a good night for Redson. He managed to not annoy the crap out of everyone though, so job well done, I suppose.

Battou gay.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I managed to get 17th place again. THoughj I need to get furthur.

I lost against I forget who, but I gort owned miserably by his lucario game, then I had a humungous bye. I shocked alot of people by beating Bautto(even himself by meteor smashing him ending the two games I won against him) then I went against eric? I think his name was, got owned by his peach and falco game, otherwise I'm content that I beat bautto and that I got to fight Sudai a few times and experience Redsons Cinnimon match and him chugging it down.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
1st: lee
2nd: cj
3rd: john

CJ is amazing now.
EDIT: nvmd, maybe i just need to get 'better', but i keep wanting to blame tiers.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Yeah, last night I was playing like complete garbage(lolmatt). Im going to practice up for the NO monthly so I don't do stupid **** like SD in tourney matches and whatnot. It was fun stealing your money Redson. xD

Also, Sudai, ******* GOOD, BUTTHOLE BAD.

lol?

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Holy hell last night was fun. Lol. Good games to a lot of people. But first, Lauren (my girlfriend) wants to apologize she wasn't very social cuz she wasn't feeling very good.

****, good **** to Testament, catching me off guard w/ Bowser and Ike, I won't let that happen again, I promise. ;)

Sniper, incredibly close match, you had me sweating bullets ridiculous amounts.

Last, but not least, Cyphus my God man, our set was shmexy as hell. Your hammer usage with Kirby is amazing and you saved those Fsmashes towards the end of our set to make me forget about them. Amazing Kirby. =D

Good seeing you guys, Sudai, Vaughn, Lee, Cyphus, Sniper, Randall, Eric, Pritch, Shreveport (lol @ Lucario debate XD), Ricky B. And nice meeting you Roni, sorry we didn't get to play, but I'll definitely play ya next time. ^_^

Also, sorry about the not recording deal... I guess I told Randall and Sudai that the other was doing it... I was stressed, I don't like traffic. >.> I'll get it next time though. T_T So sorry... :-\

r0ni

Smash Cadet
last night was fun. good matches guys. good meeting you to nick. we'll get our match in one day =] the 26 perhaps

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm sad that I couldn't go, but when I got home from work the tournament had already started. Didn't really have the energy in me to just drive to go play friendlies.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I feel a bit bad. Batto is going to the N.O tourny, but I cant. I really would feel better if I beat him in his prime game. Cuz even still in the condition he was in I had some trouble which I still need to get better.

Still I had fun matches with you Batto.

Top Bottom