• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
Sorry Batto, but Crews are usually limited to 5 people.

Lee and JonWu will be in it. The other 3 slots would most likely be filled by (in no particular order) Taylor, Kyle, Ray, Ricky, Myself, or Vaughn.

Our best below Lee and JonWu aren't nearly as defined in Brawl as they were in Melee since a lot of the metagame has yet to develop. Lee and JWu just **** us mentally.

Battousai780

Smash Ace

Lee and JonWu will be in it. The other 3 slots would most likely be filled by (in no particular order) Taylor, Kyle, Ray, Ricky, Myself, or Vaughn.

Our best below Lee and JonWu aren't nearly as defined in Brawl as they were in Melee since a lot of the metagame has yet to develop. Lee and JWu just **** us mentally.
I was just kidding btw. xDDD I suck. Lol.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Ehhh.. Let's not turn this into a rivalry between states. Ehh.. It's probably gonna end up happening anyway. And if that's the case, leave me out of that. It seems that someone's probably gonna get hurt.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet

For some info........

Ricky is better than john, atleast thats what i believe, and I think im pretty even with john now and he admitted it due to the fact i switched mains and compete very heavily with john also -_-.

We should start a big commotion about LA being the best state to force others to come here and play us to save us travel time lolz.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
For some info........

Ricky is better than john, atleast thats what i believe, and I think im pretty even with john now and he admitted it due to the fact i switched mains and compete very heavily with john also -_-.

We should start a big commotion about LA being the best state to force others to come here and play us to save us travel time lolz.
Sounds like a good idea... and yeah, who are you maining now?

Sudai

Stuff here
We'll just leave it to Hurricane season to decide.
I laffed.

Matt: That was just from my experience and what I've heard. I've yet to actually play Ricky and no offense to you, but our tourney match at 3LT didn't really show that you're that great. You could have had an off day, you could have gotten exponentially better, or something, I really have no idea and no offense was meant.

Vaughn, I understand your sentiments, but if someone's gonna get hurt from interstate rivalries, they probably shouldn't partake. Sure I'll feel bad about upsetting them, but hey, they took the chance.

Also, Matt, I completely agree with your idea. Trash Talk everyone into thinking Louisiana owns the US so they all come to us. XD Might be a good idea to go prove our **** at FC, INN, or something so they don't just dismiss us as piss ants. I plan to get really good and go to OoS bi-weeklies to get money..but that wouldn't do too much for our rep if they're just tiny bi-weeklies..

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
I laffed.

Matt: That was just from my experience and what I've heard. I've yet to actually play Ricky and no offense to you, but our tourney match at 3LT didn't really show that you're that great. You could have had an off day, you could have gotten exponentially better, or something, I really have no idea and no offense was meant.

Vaughn, I understand your sentiments, but if someone's gonna get hurt from interstate rivalries, they probably shouldn't partake. Sure I'll feel bad about upsetting them, but hey, they took the chance.

Also, Matt, I completely agree with your idea. Trash Talk everyone into thinking Louisiana owns the US so they all come to us. XD Might be a good idea to go prove our **** at FC, INN, or something so they don't just dismiss us as piss ants. I plan to get really good and go to OoS bi-weeklies to get money..but that wouldn't do too much for our rep if they're just tiny bi-weeklies..

No offense taken at all.

In our match Once I realized I didn't know really how to fight mario vs rob i kinda just slowly gave up. Then when switching to marth I realized how bad marth gets ***** by rob lol. That's why I just SD'ed and gave up.

Let me know when you go to Oos bi weeklies i'd like to attend. Even if we don't win Im sure we will get some kind of recognition for attending and showing.

Stop asking me who my main is.

Sudai

Stuff here
Will do, but I'm planning to do that once I head off to college since my mom is a crazy woman. If you don't mind driving up to Ruston (like 4 hours from BR), then I'll gladly bring you along to the Bi-weeklies. That goes for everyone. ^^

I would like to get some more matches against you though, Matt. I notice you really didn't know how to handle ROB, especially when you picked Marth. Marth is just a horrible idea against ROB. Getting to see who your new main is/seeing how you develop your play style against a ROB intrigues me. Plus, depending on who this secret main is, I'll be able to work on my final secondary to handle those sticky match ups none of my current secondaries can take. > : D (So basically there's only like...a 1/7 change that you'll play one of the chars I want to practice against.)

D

Deleted member

fl would own all of us.

all i know is he is col bol, and has always been so. even when he pwnd all of la in melee. seriously, shine bair with fox? wtf?

also i think the crew would be lee,john,me,kyle,cyphus but who knows.

i auto forfeit my spot if i had to travel anywhere to play. and im pretty confident there will never be any oos ppl big enough to make a crew come play in br. so basically im irrelevant lol.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165363

What do you guys think? I think it's a bit outlandish, but it'll be cool if people start liking it.
This is essentially just modding a console game. Typically fan-made mods in the PC gaming realm have always resulted in a wide range of results from utter crap to beautiful new games. This has the potential for small, competitive-minded tweaks to new unforeseen possibilities. I think it's a great thing to experiment with, because I think people like Sudai, while although they may be right, are simply doing what everyone else in the topic is doing...guesswork. Most of the results are gonna simply be reliving what the original developers dealt with ("Does this work? No, toss it. How about this? Nope, not that either"). They may be right, it may be game breaking. But then again, we may find better numbers to plug into the formula, currently 45 isn't good enough, but 60 is ridiculous, but come to find out...53 is just absolutely perfect. I'm very excited to see what comes out of USB Gecko, and I definitely think it's something that should warrant more attention, it's putting more power in the hands of the fans and players, and that is *always* a good thing.

Sudai

Stuff here
lol...does anyone remember Garvix?

The last anyone ever heard of him:

I got owned...

It was Great...

It was everything I expected...and now...I'm ready to learn..

Whenever any of you are ready to grapple again too...^_^

Good times...Good times...
That was the day after that night at Kyle's where we all kicked his Shiek's ***. All his post before that were like.. "I'm gonna....win....." or "You...might...You might be....surprised." Ellipses ftw. lol

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
fl would own all of us.

all i know is he is col bol, and has always been so. even when he pwnd all of la in melee. seriously, shine bair with fox? wtf?

also i think the crew would be lee,john,me,kyle,cyphus but who knows.

i auto forfeit my spot if i had to travel anywhere to play. and im pretty confident there will never be any oos ppl big enough to make a crew come play in br. so basically im irrelevant lol.
I dont think they would. Confidence is key.

You guys ever notice when it comes to crew its always the same people lolz.

And not sure about you guys lol but it's to easy to go from decent to advanced in this game. Last night I was destroying john left and right, he couldn't do ****.

Still way to early to decide on top players -_-.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
ISAIYUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

..extender!

Ya'll should really come to Georgia.

>.>;

Smooth Criminal

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, but they're from shtty states. Our state is a freaking boot~ : )

Would people be interested in another tourney so shortly after 3LT? I'm wanting to host one and I'm currently looking for places to host it, but if there's no interest, I'll stop. : x

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Oh, speaking of tournament interest, as well:

Would anyone be interested in a tournament that is held during the day on a weekday? I know people would have ride/ work issues, but let's assume you have a few weeks of notice.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Yeah, but they're from shtty states. Our state is a freaking boot~ : )

Would people be interested in another tourney so shortly after 3LT? I'm wanting to host one and I'm currently looking for places to host it, but if there's no interest, I'll stop. : x
PLEASE. Especially since now it's during summer and it won't conflict with school.

Sudai

Stuff here
Oh, speaking of tournament interest, as well:

Would anyone be interested in a tournament that is held during the day on a weekday? I know people would have ride/ work issues, but let's assume you have a few weeks of notice.
I'd definitely be good with that. If you're willing, I'd like to help you run this as I want to get some practice hosting tournaments before I move up to Ruston. If not, it's cool, I'll just participate~ : )

Can I ask why it'd be a weekday tournament, though?

Sudai

Stuff here
Actually Gary, it was just for the sake of bumping the thread really. It was so far down the list, that it was going to get lost. =P
Lost? Nah~ I'd never lose this baby of a post count. Every time it gets to second page, I bump it. Even if that's only happened like...3 times. :x

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Gameware Monthly 1; Friday, June 20

-FRIDAY, June 20 @ Gameware on College Drive (NOT the mall)
3151 College Dr., Ste. A-1 (Across the street from Great Wall)

-Show up at 6:00pm; tournament @ 7:00pm
-$5 entry
-3 stock; 7:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-1v1; no items; best 2/3
-60/30/10 cash split
-Bring your own controller (and stool/chair if you want one)
-advanced slob picks

There can be a second $2 division after Singles provided that there's interest. Probably teams or FFA. Also, stages will be very similar or identical to 3LT.

I want 4-5 setups, if possible. There's myself, Stephen, and Gary so far. Any other volunteers for TV/ Wii?

Just ask if you have questions about anything else.
----------------------------------------------------------

Sudai, you can certainly help out with this. And the weekday tournament thing was for a different possibility.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
LoL last night at dibbz some people were playing brawl. I went outside to smoke and one of them came outside started talking about he was the best Brawl player at LSU lol.

I asked him can I get in with there 1on1's and blah blah.

All I have to say is, thi sis the second group of people I have met who are downright garbage.

They can't edgeguard, mindgame, short hop attack? and they were all playing snake/sonic.

Didn't catch there names and not sure why they were intown from LSU but I can't stand people who talk like that.

"oh im the BEST at LSU".

I asked if they knew any of you guys who attend LSU, Randall, kyle, etc...and they said no.

Anyways, Tournament on college drive.......argg...

Also, im lost on the georgia thing. what is being hosted and why am I drving there?

Sudai

Stuff here
Georgia thing is a SSBM tournament.

Randal, if you're doing monthly tournaments, I'll just scrap my idea for a tournament since I just wanted to make sure LA had a few over the summer, but that works. : )

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Well, you could always aim to do something bigger. I don't see too many people who aren't BR coming to the monthlies, so maybe you could set up something that has more of a state-wise scope?

Also, I'm looking to do something LAST size or larger this fall. I'd like to try and get a decent OOS showing and North LA as well. Maybe a 2 day thing?

Top Bottom