• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
The problem I'm finding with hosting my own, is I suck at getting Venue support. Namely, I'm too lazy to drive very far.. >>; I was kind of hoping to do some small tournies before going for something state-wide/multi-state. I'll see if I can't get a large venue to host though.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, a good venue is hard to find. I really lucked into Laser Tag. You can certainly work with me on the Gameware monthlies as well.

J

Juju U

I dont think they would. Confidence is key.

You guys ever notice when it comes to crew its always the same people lolz.

And not sure about you guys lol but it's to easy to go from decent to advanced in this game. Last night I was destroying john left and right, he couldn't do ****.

Still way to early to decide on top players -_-.
LOL...... this is why i destroy people

J

Juju U

Ok MATT! since u want to lie about beating me.... how about we have a money match... 20 dollars

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
what is good on dibbz this friday.

and to pros: how do you guys practice when you are alone (if you do). i havent really been playing lately cuz there is no one out here that REALLY plays smash

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
what is good on dibbz this friday.

and to pros: how do you guys practice when you are alone (if you do). i havent really been playing lately cuz there is no one out here that REALLY plays smash[/Q

I rarely play the game at home anymore. I'll usually go to rickys or if I do play at home I just do 2on1 situations like 2 marths vs mario or something to just get my dodging and etc down. Thats without FF on too.

It's funny how I made my own "marth" metaknight challenge where I did 3 marths Vs mario and 3 meta's. I couldn't beat it for ****.

But when I picked Bowser and Donkey Kong I was able to beat it lolz.

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't practice when I'm alone. Taking breaks gives your brain time to essentially reset itself which makes it so you don't constantly play the same way, thus making you less predictable.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Taking breaks is good, but also doing some single play for some practice can keep you on your toes as well.

Sometimes I do random HRC's to help my reaction time and just see different character strategies for ground game. Training mode is good, and sometimes some lvl. 9 comps are fun as well. It's all about preference I guess. Whatever you guys have fun with.

Just thinking about it helps as well. Or even NOT thinking about it.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
That Snake = Too Good

That Toon Link = Me and Eric combined.

Eric gets hit by all of the up smashes and I fall for all of the grenade tricks. Even with our combined strength, we still lose. =P

D

Deleted member

i dont practice, brawl; im just awesome.

i played melee every other day.

brawl is just a thinking game, you dont have to practice tech skill every day to keep up with the meta game, you just have to play smart.

additionally::

im hosting a melee tournament in your mom's vag.ina.

5$ entry

LOL

like seriously. i made myself laugh HARD when i thought up that lame joke.

fsck. half my joke is ruined. they wont let me say vag.ina

Son Reikon

Smash Rookie
Is anyone from New Orleans interesting in hosting tourneys because with gases prices at an all time high, the drive to br is a bit costly. Also, some of my friends from Xavier University are interested in hosting monthly or weekly tournaments and wanted to know if people are interested to get things started.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Is anyone from New Orleans interesting in hosting tourneys because with gases prices at an all time high, the drive to br is a bit costly. Also, some of my friends from Xavier University are interested in hosting monthly or weekly tournaments and wanted to know if people are interested to get things started.
Another Xavierite on smashboards? I'm Jared in real life, who are you? If you're in the city for the summer, we should definitely get lots of brawling in. I don't stay on campus anymore so don't look for me there

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
phil u son of a *****

Son Reikon

Smash Rookie
John is that you lol? Hmmm capt. falcon... ya thats you john. hey jared im here for summer school and i commute. if you live on the west bank, brawl will happen often :)

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
LMFAO @ the snake video. That's pretty tight.

Why don't you guys (New Orleans) just go to the mall tournaments?

20-30 people show up.

Free store credit (atleast Ive been taking all of it...)

And its 1on1 no items.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

20-30 people show up.

And its 1on1 no items.
I took a bunch of those last summer, but last time i checked gametrader told me it would be a while before they started, guess i'll give em a call

Battousai780

Smash Ace

20-30 people show up.

And its 1on1 no items.
Liar! You told me they had items on! Just didn't want me stealing your store credit. xDDD

Esplenade? What time is it?

Also, Dhan = relatively close to New Orleans. Play me!

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Holy ****, are you an angel? I'll help in any way possible.

[Edit]

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAARSSSS are you still in town?

Anyone gonna play melee with me when I bring it on saturday?
I will. Yay, Melee.

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
Actually Gary, it was just for the sake of bumping the thread really. It was so far down the list, that it was going to get lost. =P
I was just being accusatory for the sake of being accusatory. :D

We should play more Brawl! And sorry about no Indiana Jones on Wednesday. They sold out right as I was going to buy them. :(

Son Reikon

Smash Rookie

20-30 people show up.

And its 1on1 no items.
I was at 3LT under the name HON. When do these mall tournaments happen and which mall are they at?

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys just got a job moving me to Ruston for a year or so. Thought I'd see what the smash scene is like. Anybody around there or am I going to have to travel to get some competition?

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Hey guys just got a job moving me to Ruston for a year or so. Thought I'd see what the smash scene is like. Anybody around there or am I going to have to travel to get some competition?
You have no hope until August when Sudai moves there for college. The rest of the people there are total ****ups...the anime club hosts smash tournaments occassionally, but everyone sucks.

Sudai

Stuff here
There's a few people that live a little bit away from Ruston that go there every now and then, but yeah. I'm moving there August 31st for college and I'm always looking for smashers.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
if people are playing melee tomorow @dibbz, ill play ive been practing getting back into the melee mindset

ill be using fox,falco,marth,peach,link,doc,shiek,falcon all white allt costumess , cuz white is the ****

Top Bottom