• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'll be at dibbz today too. No need to get back into the Melee mindset cuz I've been playing it every day. However, my favorite controller broke and now I have to get used to the traditional GC controller, it really ****'s up my Fox technical skill.

vegta12

Smash Rookie
Hey guys just got a job moving me to Ruston for a year or so. Thought I'd see what the smash scene is like. Anybody around there or am I going to have to travel to get some competition?
there a group of us that live 45mins-1hr that live in shreveport/bossier that play a lot. one of us go down to tech and one just graduated.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Sars, u goin to dibbz? I'm here and everyone just left :(

So, I forgot the Wiimote for the Wii. No Wii.

Then, I forgote the power cord for the GC. No GC.

:(

D

Deleted member

Last night was crazy at chads. Fun little tournament we had.

That was some crazy **** daym we needed a camera.
was it melee?
nothing excited happens in brawl lol...

for the record, there is a poll going on in each regional zone for and melee is winning in all of them.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i voted for melee, reasons... better test of player skill, better tournament game... brawl has nothing that meele doesnt have in terms of gameplay..... Only thing brawl has is newness (which will be dying out eventually) and more characters which will be obsolete do to lack of game depth.

brawl should be a side tourney for fun if anything, but melee should continue as the main competive tourney game.

then we wait for smash 4 if its a true sequal to meele(more character stages , same game physics we rejoice, if its brawl 2.0 we throw it out the window imidietly... if its a completly new smash game we go into even more turmoil.....

this is the future of competitive smash

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
was it melee?
nothing excited happens in brawl lol...

for the record, there is a poll going on in each regional zone for and melee is winning in all of them.
Well this was some amazing/exciting/laugh your assoff fun times ****/ that did happen in brawl.

Lets just say it invovles a snake and falco.

Funniest 2 matches i've seen in my life.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
jiovanni and I are trying to get jobs at clearview's gametrader so we can set up (good) biweekly tournies

gametraders and its tournies tend to be poorly run so if me and him could get in there i think we could really turn the store around

ill keep everyone updated

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
jiovanni and I are trying to get jobs at clearview's gametrader so we can set up (good) biweekly tournies

gametraders and its tournies tend to be poorly run so if me and him could get in there i think we could really turn the store around

ill keep everyone updated
Good luck with that. Last time I applied 3 times and they are really ****ty at keeping things in order.

If you get the job i hope you don't kill yourself!

BTW Gametrader esplanade > Clearview..

What rules does clearview do anyway? And What days are it on. Im at $239 store credit I need more!

Sudai

Stuff here
Matt, you should use that to buy me a 360. I'll pay for the rest. : D

If you say no to that, I'll store credit-match you!! My $400 worth of Macy's gift cards for you $239 store-credit. : D

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Good luck with that. Last time I applied 3 times and they are really ****ty at keeping things in order.

If you get the job i hope you don't kill yourself!

BTW Gametrader esplanade > Clearview..

What rules does clearview do anyway? And What days are it on. Im at $239 store credit I need more!
Esplanade > Clearview??? Last time I went there it was closed the f#ck up. Clearview's tournies are supposed to be on Saturdays at 4 though they canceled the one for this week. If I do get the job there, hopefully I can influence them to throw it like a true biweekly ($5 overhead fee and $5 entry fee with 60, 30, 10 winnings).

@Sudai, u should give me those Macy's gift cards...I need some new clothes

Sudai

Stuff here
Esplanade > Clearview??? Last time I went there it was closed the f#ck up. Clearview's tournies are supposed to be on Saturdays at 4 though they canceled the one for this week. If I do get the job there, hopefully I can influence them to throw it like a true biweekly ($5 overhead fee and $5 entry fee with 60, 30, 10 winnings).

@Sudai, u should give me those Macy's gift cards...I need some new clothes
I was kidding. I really don't have Macy's gift cards. lol

But really...who the hell charges an over head fee unless they're serving free food/drinks/offer free housing?? That's ********. lol

Edit: Someone have a your mom's a man match with me. I just remembered she has a *****. x.x

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
*Sigh* =[
I forgot to tell you, Vaughn:

Powerglove played a metal version of Sonic 2's Robotnik theme on Friday. I rocked so hard I was dehydrated and my neck still hurts today.

Also, I brought my Hylian Shield and Master Sword. They loved it. They just didn't allow me to mosh. :(

How did you like Indy?

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Sudai let me know when you get to Ruston for school. I found a place to live in Monroe, but Ruston is only like 20 minutes away. I have experience running tournies from when I ran all the ones we had at Texas Tech in the last 4 years, so I can help you if you need it.

(Sorry if this was like 3 pages ago, but I was away from a computer all weekend looking for an apartment)

Sudai

Stuff here
I'll definitely hit you up. : )

I know SirSka is living in Monroe, but I'm not sure if he's still playing smash or not. Sadly, Monroe smells bad. : P Either way, I won't mind going over there to play with you.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Hello, boys. Remember me?
I'm speaking on behalf of my homeboy, Smooth Criminal, who wishes to have a head count of who's showing up at THE GREATEST MELEE TOURNAMENT SINCE BRAWL CAME OUT.
*echo*
*echo*
So that he can know how many dudes he's going to house.
So let's have a good, clean roll call! Ready? GO!

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
I'm speaking on behalf of my homeboy, Smooth Criminal, who wishes to have a head count of who's showing up at THE GREATEST MELEE TOURNAMENT SINCE BRAWL CAME OUT.
*echo*
*echo*
Is this that big *** tourny in Georgia that looks to have 100+ people showing up?

$20 entry?

I dont think i'll waiste the gas/$20 to go to that one.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
Is this that big *** tourny in Georgia that looks to have 100+ people showing up?

$20 entry?

I dont think i'll waiste the gas/$20 to go to that one.
$4.09 a gallon is SOOOO BEASTLY

i drive a charger r/t and i cringe everytime i stop at the pump. ~$65 for a full tank of premium

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
*echo*
*echo*
Only if Zamus shows up and personally flies me to Georgia in her gunship, otherwise **** no!!! Bush is ****in us all over gaswiseI remember when I first got my car in '04 it only took $18 to fill it up from a 1/4 tank. Now $20 bucks gets me less than half a tank.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Yo Sudai, I see you're doing that RoK guy's tourney, if you get to play against him, kick his *** or I won't forgive you.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
He's the worst "zomg, Melee players are so cheap, all they do is rely on l-cancel and wavedash to win." person I've ever had to deal with. This guy complains about everything.

Top Bottom