• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
I really doubt that anyone plays smash hardcore at Tulane, in fact I'm willing to bet it's not at all. As for the general N.O. area, the closest player to you would be Shy)(Guy, in Metaire. Then there's Austin and Avery who live in Algiers, and then there's me, in the East. I hear they're others in N.O. as well but I don't know their names or where they live.
Meh, if that's the case, then that is a shame. I was just talking to my friend from back home and he was telling me how he was playing with Darkrain down at WashU and some other really good people. For now, I guess I'll have to rely on going back home for some smashing...

Besides the negativity, thanks for the help guys.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
everyone was at dibbz last night....Lee, myself, Taylor, Ricky, ShyGuy, DJ, Matt, etc...
its usually Saturday nights we all meet up, its nothing officially regulated by "Dibbz", but we go there then and play on these 2 huge TVs.

ggs guys. Cyphus + Chansey > Taylor

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
everyone was at dibbz last night....Lee, myself, Taylor, Ricky, ShyGuy, DJ, Matt, etc...
its usually Saturday nights we all meet up, its nothing officially regulated by "Dibbz", but we go there then and play on these 2 huge TVs.

ggs guys. Cyphus + Chansey > Taylor
Seriously? That's good to hear! Is there some sort of entrance fee, or do you guys just go there and play?

Anyway, thanks for the info! You guys going to change to Brawl when it comes out, stay with Melee, or play both?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
theres no charge...just show up..the only catch is u have to snag the TVs before anyone else does (or wait for them to finish...if they do). the place stays open to like 6 am on saturday.
sometimes they make the entire group cough up 5 bucks per TV (for the whole night) but thats no biggie.

good time to show up is 10 pm...although its pretty random when people get there.

Sudai

Stuff here
Greg...I wish I had checked SBoards earlier today cause today would have been like...perfect...GF just got off work an is on the way over right now though, so blah. ><

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
theres no charge...just show up..the only catch is u have to snag the TVs before anyone else does (or wait for them to finish...if they do). the place stays open to like 6 am on saturday.
sometimes they make the entire group cough up 5 bucks per TV (for the whole night) but thats no biggie.

good time to show up is 10 pm...although its pretty random when people get there.
Sweetness. Unfortunately, the next three weeks are pretty hectic, as I have midterms and such and have no way (besides Taxi) of getting to the area. However, I'll gladly join you guys once spring break is done.

D

Deleted member

lol at you for counting our matches.
im pretty sure it was ness vs capt you won, correct?
too good xD

and for the record, don't hold down when you land on goldeen. aparently you can fall through.
cyphus + chancey > taylor + goldeen

i still could have won that match, my spirit was just so destroyed. : (

ggs

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Sorry Taylor but....

:laugh::laugh::laugh: @ the Golden fall then followed by the Chancey+Combo = k.o. lol.

Fun night guys, Lee and I hitting it up friday and saturday again.

Taylor you going to start coming more frequently now?

-Matt

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Oh yea......The japanese didn't show up and bring brawl again =/

Then again.....brawl is.........garbage lol.

Melee=requires technical skill and etc....
Brawl = everyone floats, slow, it's only probably going to be fun with items and 4 man melee's. But the graphics are slightly better? imo.

Lee Says: (After showing up late) Where John Wu At??

Cyphus Replies : He Dead.

lol ^

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
So Brawl involves floating, it's slow, there's less technical skill involved, and it's better with FFA w/ items? Sounds like how NR used to play Melee before we met you BR douchebags. Back to the old times. And if I heard it correctly, the rapist ***** even more. Oh, I can't wait. Online play>sex with a pony (and you all know how much I love that).

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
its not that slow, it will be competive in time, meele is great and all but its getting old, brawl is new and fun....

no suitable nodes crap, and for all those saying that brawl isnt good are close minded meele whores, brawl is still smash, its more about mindgames rather than technical skill, i never really cared that much about tech skill i only implemented into my game because it was made necesary. the basic techskill is still there, and even more opprotuntities in the mindgame department... most pros have played and like it, there are only a few yet who havent seen the light...

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i could be gay and beat eric to 1000 posts now, but im gonna wait and make it more interesting, it would be awsome if we literaly both made our 1000th post in the same minute....

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
its not that slow, it will be competive in time, meele is great and all but its getting old, brawl is new and fun....

no suitable nodes crap, and for all those saying that brawl isnt good are close minded meele whores, brawl is still smash, its more about mindgames rather than technical skill, i never really cared that much about tech skill i only implemented into my game because it was made necesary. the basic techskill is still there, and even more opprotuntities in the mindgame department... most pros have played and like it, there are only a few yet who havent seen the light...
So... I guess I can expect to see you guys playing Brawl once I actually find a way to that dibbz place. Actually, if you have played it, what is your opinion of Sonic? I hear a good amount of mixed things about him, but I am seriously considering him for one of my mains in Brawl.

The anticipation is killing me!

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
no i havent actually played brawl yet, except for when i helped design it with sakuri. and who cares about a video game characters sexual orientation. All that matters is how they fight, i dontcare if sonic takes it up the a$$ from tails or whatever......

shrimp toast

D

Deleted member

rofl ike and soren are so gay.
2 guys that have a 5 minute dialog about absolute crap, totally gay.
fire emblem needs to read to me. i cant read good.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Enteri, thanks for posting. I hadn't yet seen the conversation and was curious. Doesn't seem very gay to me. I just thought it was funny.

Skinhoff, I have watched alot of Sonic videos because I'm curious. And although I haven't played, I think it's simply a matter of whether or not you can master his speed and turn it into combo ability/tech chasing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihP_E8aeamU

Granted, it is against CPUs so it doesn't really matter, but I think it showcases some interesting concepts about Sonic's abilities.....

I hope I'm able to get the hang of it, but as Sudai well knows....I'm not nearly quick enough to be a Sonic main :cry::urg:

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i think sonic is cool and all i just dont like his arrogant attitude just because of his speed. tails is actually better tha sonic he is just totaly ****ing wit him going along being his "side kick"

characters im think9ng about using for brawl(in no particular order):
mario
pit
diddy
lucas
metaknight
ice climers
samus
yoshi
falco

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
Enteri, thanks for posting. I hadn't yet seen the conversation and was curious. Doesn't seem very gay to me. I just thought it was funny.

Skinhoff, I have watched alot of Sonic videos because I'm curious. And although I haven't played, I think it's simply a matter of whether or not you can master his speed and turn it into combo ability/tech chasing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihP_E8aeamU

Granted, it is against CPUs so it doesn't really matter, but I think it showcases some interesting concepts about Sonic's abilities.....

I hope I'm able to get the hang of it, but as Sudai well knows....I'm not nearly quick enough to be a Sonic main :cry::urg:
Thanks for the video dude.

I know what you mean. In Melee, I always despised using some of the quicker characters like Fox and Marth. Not only because they were used by a good amount of people, but also because I just didn't like the "in your face" playstyle of these characters. I stuck to characters who were more "utility" based like Samus and Link, with the exception of Mario and Falcon, however. Still, with Samus as my main and Link and Mario as my secondaries, it's going to be pretty tough to adapt to Sonic. Then again, I'm thinking of switching my major characters (besides Samus, I'm sticking with her) because those characters barely changed from the transition from Melee to Brawl. I mean, sure, some aspects of their movesets were changed, but for the most part, they remained virtually the same.

Maybe I like Sonic because he is a "confusing" characters. That's what I liked about Samus too, she was difficult to control, but once mastered, can keep the opponent thinking about dodging her projectiles until I run up and do some combo. Plus, I grew up with Sonic. Besides his recent games (I'm looking at you Sonic for the 360), I've always loved the Sonic series.

Whatever, I guess we'll see what happens when the game actually comes out in America.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
my dog paast away a few weeks ago and it was reaaly sad. ihave a new pet turtle i namd milo, i just let it wslk arpund the house and stuff it prrety cool, he has a cage i tries to get him toneas spme worms and doodle bugs but he just maes friends with them...

btw eric ur gtting pwned and u5 *** handeded to u in race to 1000

zzzzzz so ya how bout somepeople start talkin about somethin in the LA thread

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
We've already talked about the competitive black hole that is/seems to be Brawl. Melee stuff has gotten old. I don't like where smash is heading.</gripeandcomplain>-_-

Discussion: Who's going to spent a lot of time studying brawl's physics and such? I will after vs and online gets boring.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i cant watch brawl matches...they're too boring.
w/ it being so openly online...tournament are going to be "organized" every week...and the whose a "pro" gets lost in meaning in the simplicity and overpopulation of playstyles.

I'll play brawl casually...for ****s and giggles...and it'll be something i can train my girl, Megan, at and have fun with...in fact...if we treat Brawl like Melee, tournament wise, i think it'll even be a more balanced, fairer game...but i cant see taking it competitively when i'd just get lost in the sea of melee n00bs who have more free time than me.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
In Melee, I always despised using some of the quicker characters like Fox and Marth. Not only because they were used by a good amount of people, but also because I just didn't like the "in your face" playstyle of these characters
Sir, THIS IS TREASON TO NICKNYTE.

or

Hell yes I screwed up the tables.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ive seen a few black holes before, she was so loose it would be like throwing a hot dog through a hall way and im like 7 in...

brawl is fun and competative theres no debate..

the stupid thing is the prerable ***** size for a women is 8 in which is like less than 5% of men.... and the average ***** size is 5.75 in..... the chart is like this

4.5 - 5.5 in she'll tell u its nice, whats shes really thinking is to small.

5.5 - 6.5 she tell u its perfect, in her mind shes thinking average
6.6-7.5 shell tell u its big, in her mind she think its big, shes says yess big

above 7.5 - 8.5 shell say its way too big, but in her mind she'll think perfectly big

anything bigger she'll be like wtf its way to big

women are *****es that just want big *****es even if they wont admit it, try to find real a girl that will love u for who u are

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ran..i thought u people would know by now...
NO smashers in NewOrleans go online...ur thread is still born, sir. <3 =]
plus its hard to beat Dibbz....theres two 72 inch no-lag TVs...not to mention drinks/food for sale. I'd still suggest u check out dibbz though..that way u can see what several of us smashers are like. And maybe then we can be the ones who 'approve' of you, to see if we're interested in playing. ;)
</*******>

-Ran

Smash Master
I typically avoid paying for things when I already have them. ;v Comfort of home just can't be beaten most of the time. =p

PS: Seems that a few New Orleanians do in fact, know how to use the interwebs. ;v

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
thats easy for u to say nyte we all know u have an 11 incher

i dont think there is a single girl that i coulndnt please no matter how loose, i just have the right abilities, like empathatic qualities, u can actuaaly feel the girl sucking ur covk like a vaccum and im like so closr to reaching the tip if i only had like .5 more inches, lets turn the the la thread into sexual intercouse 101. but ya if its tight enough i can fill that **** all the way up..

LOL wtf im talking about, i think i need to get laid

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
thats easy for u to say nyte we all know u have an 11 incher

i dont think there is a single girl that i coulndnt please no matter how loose, i just have the right abilities, like empathatic qualities, u can actuaaly feel the girl sucking ur covk like a vaccum and im like so closr to reaching the tip if i only had like .5 more inches, lets turn the the la thread into sexual intercouse 101. but ya if its tight enough i can fill that **** all the way up..

LOL wtf im talking about, i think i need to get laid
*blush* Actually, It's around 7, but you will have to highlight this to find that out.

-Ran

Smash Master
Well, as I was trying to say before the forum exploded... My common sense caught up with my sleep deprivation, and I realized how creepy my thread could have been construed. So, I'll come meet you guys at Dibbs this weekend. What time do you normally play?

PS: You'll kick my *** in Melee, if you don't I get to laugh at you.

Top Bottom