• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142417

Some kick *** brawl vids. These guys play the fastest and the smartest of all the videos I've seen so far. All of them have Pit played while the other guy switches between MK (2 fights), Zelda (3 fights), and Lucario (3 fights).

That does sound reasonable as well, Greg. Just hadn't crossed my mind.

Definitely maining Lucario now. PT is probably just gonna be my secondary. Maybe Olimar as a secondary too. Iunno on Olimar and PT though. Gonna have to play around a bit before I decide.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I'm sad to say that this Saturday's (Feb. 9th) tournament is canceled. I got a message from Jesse telling me that he can't do biweeklies any more. I don't know what caused this, but I'm going to ask about it.

Fortunately, we can probably do a tournament at GameLAN in maybe two weeks? I'll call the people over there sometime soon and try working out the details.

I apologize for the short notice, but I've been busy the past few days. Hopefully I'll be able to get something definite for GameLAN soon.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
The SpaceAnimals look boring as balls to play...so i sorta lost interest in them. Whats the point of playing them if they're no flashier than lucas or kirby or ike now? lol.

ddd is my priority (w/ kirby/lucas following)....i'd encourage people to play diddy and snake, they're alot more complicated and mind-game oriented than most characters...they look fun too.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
thats the only thing bugging me, fox and falco look kind of retarted right now, while most of the characters look good fox&falco seem kind of out of place, i guess eventually they will be played tottally different than they were in meele its just going to take a while to adjust...

eet

Smash Ace
yeah I pretty much decided my mains as Pit, and Peach, but I'm still playing everyone, learning and adjusting to the game mechanics. Im really liking the game, maybe more than I did melee. Theres a lot more character specific strategies, and less general tech game. You cant just learn to lcancel and wd and be good with everyone lol, and play every char with the same mindset. (thats what i did with melee for a lot of chars)

Also, edge guarding isn't standing on the ledge...as long as they're alive almost everyone will come back tot he stage. you have to follow them out and KO them.

basically its awesome..

tourny was cancelled this sat, btw, if anyone intended to go. so much for those?

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Also, edge guarding isn't standing on the ledge...as long as they're alive almost everyone will come back tot he stage. you have to follow them out and KO them.
I really, really like this idea. That's what I've been seeing in all the videos I've watched. I had hoped that's what Sakurai meant when he said the aerial game would matter more. I think that's really good idea, much better than melee's marth's *poke poke fsmash* bs. I am really looking forward to this game. Now I just gotta stop being dumb, wisen up, and become a *smart* fighter instead of a breathing cpu :lol: :lol:

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Ugh, this talk is making me more and more excited... Lol. I have a friend I'm gonna get to play with tomorrow, so I'll try to see if I can find anything useful in my matches. I wanna try out so many characters so I'll come back with reports on my feelings on all of them... Of course, we're all different so take it as you will. :p Lol.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
pfft dehf's pit is garbage as is everyone else in cali except gimpyfish. the only good pit playing ive seen is dmbrandon and some japanese dude. basicly calfornia sucks at brawl right now, most of them are trying to play it like melee...

900th post ftw

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
I watched Montage's videos and I noticed DEHF doing something that I didn't see dmbrandon doing and that's trying to push them off the edge in the air by jumping, fairing, jumping, fairing. dmbrandon's arrow work is way better, though.

D

Deleted member

i like how you have all the random la smashers that dont post in the la thread, posting in the g and w page. avery, jackets, plus more.

D

Deleted member

if you want to really hate jigglypuff, feel rly bad for colbol, or really like mewtwo; i suggest watching the wato vs tnt crew battle that manko recorded.

bam.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142642

PLEASE DONT BE LAZY AND GO TO THIS YOU SCRUBS!

Its prolly going to be the last tourny of melee that well prolly get a chance to go to all together. so i just think i would be cool if LA would have a final road trip to say goodbye to melee.
rply to post plz.

peace,<3,*****.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
*begins to cry*

I would if i had gotten my permit when i was 15, then been able to get my license until 16, but uhh i didnt, so now i cant get my car for a while
ughh.

btw, you didnt have to be a smart azz abt it, you could have simply said that you didnt want to drive.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
*begins to cry*

I would if i had gotten my permit when i was 15, then been able to get my license until 16, but uhh i didnt, so now i cant get my car for a while
ughh.

btw, you didnt have to be a smart azz abt it, you could have simply said that you didnt want to drive.
dont worry u can ride ur bike there, or get a jetpack

btw if u do get a jetpack can try it out for a little bit?

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
So apparently you can switch between Zamus and Samus by quickly tapping up down up or some such, according to the dojo. Or it's just a one time switch at some point in battle, dunno. I think that's pretty awesome if you can do it as much as you want. I was pretty upset about that notion of picking just one, or being stuck with Samus, or whatever. Now I'm wondering how good of an edgeguard it would be to break the suit while they're way off the stage and start chuckin' it at them :lol: :lol:

Sudai

Stuff here
It's Up Down Up Down on the DPad. It's the same as the extended grapple from what I can deduce. Could probably get more accurate info in the Spamus Brawl board.

I think I decided I'm not even gonna bother with secondaries for a while unless I just hate Lucario. The more I see Lucario, the more I want to hold him down and but**** him main him.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
This is just a reminder that the Gameware tournaments are canceled. In short, don't show up tomorrow because there will not be Smash.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Oh, there will be smash. Hulk smash. Cause if there's no melee, I'ma **** all that **** up, *****.

Ken, my phone shattered. I cannot call you. But no melee this weekend, my father decided to come and ruin visit for the weekend. But I should get a new phone set up tomorrow or sunday.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure yet as to why they're canceled, I was just told as much by Gameware. I'm going to try setting something up with GameLAN in the near future though.

Sudai

Stuff here
Eric, Vaughn, after I saw you guys at the mall today and me and MaryBeth were walking away. She turned to me with a weird look on her face and was just like "I was hoping you knew those guys..They looked kind of shocked when you hugged them." and laughed. Iunno, I thought it was interesting. XD

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
alright, im gonna make a list of who everyone said they were gonna use in brawl because i dont have a life...

shyguy: mario,pit,diddy,lucas,falco,olimar
eet: pit,peach,diddy
vaughn: zelda
cyphus: dedede,lucas,kirby
lee: sonic
sudai: lucario,PT
taylor: shiek,G&W,diddy,marth,pit
johnwu: ike,marth?
mura: link,marth,pit,shiek
nicknyte: marth(obviously)
kyle:marth?
$et$uma: wolf, marth
iceman: luigi
TDSK: metaknight, wolf

thats all i know now, if u want me add u then list ur characters, if u want me to take u off the list cuz this is a gay idea then tell me, or if ur on the list and u want me too change ur characters tell me...

Top Bottom