• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i haven't touched melee since TX. Since brawl is upon us, i just have lost all competitive interest in melee..but i'll play it w/ all u guys if ya'll still want. Just date an LA smashfest at kyle's place or whatever and we can all get together for melee and boos and stuff, hehe.
Instead, i've been playing No More Heroes (just beat it), very fun and hard GTA/Final Fight mix style anime run-around combo people to death beat-em-up w/ mini-game missions.
it def has its weak points..but overall, i enjoyed it, and may play it through again on its unlocked difficulty.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
*Slight character spoilers I guess... Lol*

Yeah I'm the same way with Melee now... I haven't touched it since that tournament like 3 weeks ago... Just Brawl's ever-growing closeness to US release... Excitement! Lol. Yeah, but anywho for those interested, Youtube has all sorts of vids posted now including the new stages and several of the new characters in action. Wolf seems to be a good variation of Fox so despite lack of Geno and Isaac (T_T), it still seems an OK roster. And for those who are interested, this one guy on youtube is posting a bunch of just the musical tracks of the game. Seems really good so far. If you want some links to stuff, my AIM is VashTheSlick... But I'm sure you could all find it on your own anyway. XD

As for mains, off my favorites alone, I'm probably gonna go for a Lucario, PT, Sonic, and Wolf mains with a side of Lucas maining. Also, Cyphus, you got me kinda interested in No More Heroes... I've heard it's good so I might give it a shot the more I hear about it. What is everyone else playing while waiting for Brawl, if not Melee? I was thinking No More Heroes, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, and possibly even getting another and opposite copy of Pokemon D/P to start it up again... :p

Sudai

Stuff here
I've been playing a lot of AW:DoR, Puzzle Quest, Bomberman Land Touched 2 (Just downloaded it today~ : O ), watching a lot of anime, and hanging out with the girlfriend while waiting.. Though...I've yet to explain to her that come March 9th, I will not be leaving my room for a few months... : x

D

Deleted member

the return of a pro, and alcoholism.

so im a smash pro again. no worries to the community.

before elissa came to br, there was a guy she had known for like a year and a half and was interested in. she asked him out and his response was "i am unable to have a relationship." so she comes here for like 6 months and in the last 2 weeks of her being here, we get involved. she goes back and hes like so who's the guy in your facebook pic? she explains the situation with her and i and the dude's like oh that sucks, i wanted to be with you. shes like what? mindgames. you said you couldnt have a relationship. he says well yeah but i didnt think you were going to go get involved with someone else. so my past week has been hell with her trying to decide what she was going to do. he was a little ***** about the whole thing, first of all only wanting her because she was now pseudo taken, then he refused to talk to her for like a week, then when they finally talk hes like a self abusive emo kid. but who am i to judge, i dont know him. so it's been really lame and finally she gave me the news tonight (after she finally talked to him yesterday) that she wanted to try a relationship with him. the whole week shes been assuring me that it's just an idea she has and i shouldnt worry and she really wants to be with me, but maybe im just a pessimist when it comes to relationships but i expected this the whole time. i mean, she was totally upset; completely bawling crying and repeatedly saying not to hate her and please stay in her life. she also assured me that if i was there with her, this wouldnt be an issue and we would be together for sure. she obviously cared a lot. so im beginning to think this is possibly the worst break up ever and im completely devastated (mindgames, we werent ever even actually together, hah!).

okthxbai.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
"Just pull a Greg on her. Just let her know like a week before... maybe a few days."

How is that like me?

I've been playing NiGHTS on the Wii. It's hard as **** to control with the pointer.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
I'm dieing. I don't have much time. I just have to say Eric... I always hated you. I hated you the most.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
Kind of what you did with your job, Greg. You were like, "Oh, by the way, I'm leaving. Ciao."
[Overdramatization added for humor.]

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=1 just a option incase someone isnt bored of melee.

-taylor i dont think that going to work man. Like there prolly going to end up dating, then you will get ****ed and eventually she'll prolly try to avoid conversating with you.

I had a very fun time last night playing smash 64 with some freinds of mine, who are actually pretty good at 64 smash, but not melee. just cause there was less **** to learn in 64. but overall it was awesome.

does anyone want to play tonight maybe? taylor, vaughn, eric, ken, greg?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
this is the general consensus of what characters in brawl are "good" in orderer from what people are saying

*spoilers*

(Top/high)
marth
diddy
wolf
pit
falco
zsamus
lucas
fox
shiek
samus
metaknight
squirtle
ike
olimar

(mid)
dedede
peach
g&w
lucario
mario
ivysaur
sonic
falc0n
luigi
jiggly
zelda
toon link
r.o.b

(low)
link
ice climber
ganon
bowser
wario
snake
charizrd
kirby
pika
ness
dk
yoshi

again this is just speculation from whar various meele pros said

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
naa that was just gimpy who said that cuz he is good with bowser,hes still slow
plus no l cancel,his only chages are his throws,moveable flame and less lag on his uair

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i will now attemp to give descriptoions based on what i know spoilers=.:

marth- still owns the game apparenty,possibly better than he was in melee
diddy - fast,best combos, projectiles, hes really good
wolf- strong,fast, better reflector pit - has it all,rocovery,projectiles,unique attacks,range, only flaws is lacking k.o. moves(i ve heard him called marth with wings)
falco- plays alot different but still good,throws reflector,shl not as effective, new A moves
zsamus-like shiek with a gun and whip, effective combos
lucas- imagine if ness was good in meele thats lucas, he has good mingames with his b-m0ves can short hop pk fire, heard someone say hes has potential to be the best character in the game
fox-plays alot different, shine is still effective, good speed, areals still needs time too devop too see exactly how he plays
shiek-virtualy unchanged from melee, weaker fair, less range on needles
samus-basicly played the same with mindgames except no missle cancel
metaknight- good, but not as good as he looks, preety much everyone has seen metaknight in action
squirtle-fast comboer said to be the best of the 3 pokemon
ike-strong, not as slow as he was made out to be, definetly a useable character
olimar- can rack up damage with pikmin, purple pikmin are strong,bad recovery

dedede- hes like bowser with a hammer, waddle dees are good projectile, good throw and r3covery
peach-nerfed down smash, n0 float cancel, said to be averaged out
g&w- improved alot from melee, upb parachute floats,attack out of up b
lucario- like mewtwo with better areals and speed, floaty, hard to play, but has potential
mario-good solid character, average,same as meele,fludd is useless
ivysaur-average,good range and attacks
sonic-fast,hard to play,not much varietty in bmoves, good smashesfalcon- slower,weaker knee,still good comboer,bad recovery
luigi- same as meele, no wd
jiggly-same as melee
toon link - fast , good projectiles rob - not that bad, some people say hes awsome, he has lazers and recovery

link-same as in meele,boomerang sucks people in, probly more usable than he was in meele
ganon-cant l-cancel, can techchase with his side b which is new, slow,strong
charizard-strong, good recovery,and good ko moves
ice climers-no wd,can still desyncsnake- plays alot different than other characters, takes alot of skill to use, slow

everyone else same as meele with minor changes

yoshi-fast but sucks, no djc or jump out of shield,

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
this is probly one of the videos ive seen, and everyone should watch it *spoilers*
www.youtube.com/?v=Kr9EoMXWEGo

its a match between 2 top tier worthy characters, and is a sign of things to come for competitive b5awl, pit plays just like i imagined usinf his arrows like falcos shl

this is another good one 5hat shows how good diddy is and how much skill is required to use snake
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FOCRkDEH9o

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
IC's for low tier.. I dun think so, Yoshi can't be that bad, Marth is fine, link needs to be higher DK and Ness can't be that bad

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
marth should be banned. He's like his melee form....but with all his aerial attacks having ganon-power, and his f.smash is ACTUALLY stronger than in melee...PLUS his counter works like Roy's now...ADDITIONALLY his speed didn't get nerfed like most others, and his floatyness serves to make his recovery even better.
WHY SAKURAI!?????????????????????????????????????

D

Deleted member

so im off on friday and have no life anymore so i'll be winning the gw tournament next saturday. cyphus or lee should totally come anc try to prove me wrong!

eet

Smash Ace
Yeah, I played brawl for a bit. Im kinda terrible at it -_-..

I kept l-canceling all my aerials, but there is no lcancel so i wasted all my time hah.

Also, jump-canceled grabs are out so I just accidentally jumped over people instead. I never really got over not using them so I kinda sucked. But I guess instead, dash grabbing or shield to grab ? Anyway, dash dancing is really hard, I couldn't seem to do it, you just kind of dash off in one direction...it may be possible with a slightly different timing.

Another neat thing is you can attack after air-dodging, which is cool..you can also just kinda keep airdodging as you fall...but it works a bit differently, as I don't think you're invulnerable as long.

one thing that really annoyed me was how hard you have to press the shield button....all the way down. In melee, even beyond lightshielding, you can shield by pressing about 2/3 the way down on r, but on brawl you have to slam that **** down...its kinda weird, and i found myself not shield half the tme -_-

some character things i noticed:

Peach still has float canceling, which is cool...but her dsmash gets nerfed in range.

Captain falcons aerials are kinda laggy since no lcancel, but his uair has less landing lag than an l-canceled uair in melee (or maybe equivalent to..) so you can still do like uair, uair knee (since the knee will connect you don't worry about landing lag)...but as far as pressuring shields with shffls, thats pretty much a no go with c falcon.

shieks dair sends her straight down, like kirbys down b lawl....other than that shes still good.

and jiggly is def not the "same as melee"...she suks :x she has no horizontal movement with aerials, that is..you cant pressure a shield with wop, because aerials kind of stunt your movement.

and snake seemed to have a lot of startup lag on his aerials...he could have potential but its hard to say

Marth is really good...Kyle is going to be gay.

Ill prolly play some more tuesday.... but im prolly gonna be learning lucas(I really like how he plays), sonic, pkmn trainer and maybe wolf...he seems good ...all those people interest me for now...

ps zelda is buffed, and the kick is still too good....vaughn owns more with a faster grab, dins fire and better kick x.x

D

Deleted member

ugh no l cancel. any noob can play smash now. this really disgusts me.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Let me know how Lucario and all those other guys you are gonna try out are, eet... They plus Lucario interest me. XD

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
there is no l-cancel, this means u have to knno how much lag every move has and base ur strategy around it, fir instance fox can still drillshine but u have to time it so the dair animation stops right before u hit the ground and then shine. in the end i think it makes for deeper gameplay...

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
ShyGuy has a good point. Hopefully, if that theory is true, competitive smash will still live in Brawl, just in a very differen't manner than Melee.

Anyone going to Mardi Gras?

eet

Smash Ace
yeah, ill be in NO tommorow, and then Ill prolly play some more brawl wed before hanging out with stephanie.

and there are still new strats and way to cancel lag...just cause its different doesn't mean its bad. although, be prepared to get humbled and suck and have to relearn everything :p ...its definitely not melee. it look like 2 years to discover wavedashing, and new melee strategies come out all the time... i asset brawl will be similar in fashion.

Sudai

Stuff here
Hey Taylor. Sorry that that **** happened. If there's anything I could do to help you feel better, just give me the word. I'm not sure if there's much I could do, but I'll try if I can. I know how that whole situation goes. Also, sorry about that random girl that called you today. I was letting my friend's girlfriend use my phone.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Good games, Freddy. I'm glad I did better than I thought. Next time, I wanna play your ganon alot more. I think you definitely have some things to teach me about that wizard foot spike :lol: :lol: Dylan, I think it's great that I now can say I've 4 stocked someone.

D

Deleted member

so here's what's really important... f all this brawl crap.
my mom is currently a man. also, i currently hold the entire universe as my own. i know many people have been challenging me for the universe, but quite frankly im tired of waking up and seeing my very own mother's morning wood. for those interested, if you win you get the universe and my mom remains having a c0ck. how ever if you lose, i control the cosmos and you'll have to be the one watching out for pokes when you hug your mom.

rules for your mom is a man match, set forth by lee and i at fc:d
best 2/3
random chars, random all stages, no items.
no repeats in chars or stages, and best of all;
no johns.

any takers?

eet

Smash Ace
yeah i got to play brawl again today, and im definitly gonna play more Pit, Sonic, Lucas and Pkmn Trainer..theyre fun ^^

I noticed a few interesting things when playing...

I only noticed it with ZSS but it may be possible with other characters with an extentable grab. When dashing in one direction, you can do a turn around grab, grabbing in the opposite direction, when you use z and press the direction you wish to grab. This could be useful if an opponent is shielding, run past the shield to the right of them, do a turn-around grab and throw to edgeguard, or KO.

Another interesting thing I noted was that you cant ledge hop(that is, even press down or back to fall off the edge) until your invisibility frames run out on the edge. This prevents you from using invincibility frames to attack a recovering opponent. No more easy shine spikes either :0

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Sooooooo.. Brawl is indeed awesome. It's better than melee in my opinion by far. Way more strategies to incorporate. Zelda's still my main, because she is amazing and still my favorite, but I'll be trying out some Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, and Sonic as well.

Zelda indeed got buffed quite a bit. Faster movement, aerials, smashes, and grabs. More killing moves too. Including Farore's Wind.. No joke.. It was the winning move in one of my games with Eric. The kick is a little harder to sweet spot, but I don't know the hit boxes of all of the characters yet, I just know where the kick itself is, so a little practice will definitely help. Din's Fire is extremely fast now. It releases right when you let go of the b button and there's very little lag after. As you can see, I'm VERY excited about this. =D

Brawl's awesome.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Im thinking about maining pit more from watching a few videos because he just looks awsome, im still gonna play mario as well while i get used to the new physics of the game

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'm focusing a lot on Ike, Link, Marth, Pit and Sheik, because I'm irrationally crazy about swords and people who use them (also I'm a equally irrational Zelda fanboy).

Does the JP import have a Languge change selection like Melee?

Sudai

Stuff here
Mura, I'm thinking no. Two reasons. The first being that the whole reason for not releasing the games at the same time (aside from distribution [which wouldn't account for a month and 10 days anyway]) is translation. On top of that, every game I've imported, or gotten a copy of the Japanese version by other means, pre-US release have not had the option.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Sudai, most of the places I read was that the major delay for the US release was Wifi issues. Apparently, US routers are different and the wifi dev team didn't fully explore that notion previously. I, of course, could've just happened across all bs sources.

Eric, if you play again, try the turnaround grab with someone without an extended grab. I was reading about that on the general brawl board and according to that person, it was always possible to do.

I'm with you, Freddy. Wolf all the way. He's beastly.

Top Bottom