• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
No Sudai. It's nothing like that. It has to do with the Cats pictures. We had an......awkard conversation, to say the least. And then it got sexy, and then it went back to weird. And then I went home, cold and alone.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
That's how I leave most people... alone, wet, cold, and strangely regretting whatever they've done.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
noo not another texas tourny i dont like that state its too big,the people are cool though. ill play some melee sometime i guezs but only if im feeling sexy enough, anyone seen the new brawl vids dedede can like chainthrow and stuff, brawl is gonna be hella fun..

so who is everyone gonna use in brawl ?

main: mario (fire suit)
secondary : pit,diddy,olimar, geno hopefully (we'll find out in a few days)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
So uhh, more people should come to these biweekly things. I know people have lives outside of smash and all, but 6 entrants is a tad disappointing. If biweeklies are too often for people to want to attend, then we could space them out a bit more. Every three weeks? Once a month? I know Melee is getting old for people, and we all just want Brawl to come out. Maybe with its release, biweeklies will have more people?

I'd really like to know how people (mostly Baton Rouge) feel about the biweeklies. Would you personally not attend most of them because they're too often? Do you just not care enough to come to them? Or would you make it whenever possible? Basically, what would keep you from attending a tournament once every two weeks? I honestly just want to be able to run decent Smash tournaments and see our Smash community grow.

That said, much thanks to those who did come, it was fun.

Singles and Low Tier (The results were the same, haha.)

We did a full round robin both times.

1st- Lee
2nd-Taylor
3rd- Kyle
4th- Randall
5th- Pierre
6th- Greg

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap. I only didn't go because I thought they were this weekend, not a few days ago. Y'all need to call this muh ****er every once in a while. I don't know when ****'s goin down or not.

Main: The Rapist (if he doesn't mind gracing this game with his greatness)
Second: I'm thinkin Olimar, and since I've seen that vid, definitely Snake.

And do my eyes deceive me, or are we able to swim in Brawl? Sorry if that's old hat, I never saw it before.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
lee is too good, i dunno i might be able to beat him though if i unplug his contoller during the match, but i think thats against tourney rules

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Randall, to be honest. ~14 bucks is more than I would like to spend a month on losing at Melee when I go to Sudai's and lose for free :lol: So, I'll probably only show up once a month.

Sorry for totally noobin up the 6 man tournament though. Albeit embarrassing, I'm glad I went. I watched the hands...and I am still just completely amazed. I don't think I'm dumb by any means...but I'm all around slow. I talk slow, I think slow, and I definitely move slow. Ya'lls hands move way quicker than I can even process. I'm not sure I have the capacity to play to like that, no matter how much I play anyone above me. My old, dusty body jus' don't move like that. Never has.

But, all in all, I had fun. Kyle taught me a very hilarious lesson - marth + right side of corneria = PAIN, hahaha. First time I've ever had the pleasure of seeing that gayness. I'm also really glad I got to see an amazing Samus live infront of my eyes, thanks for that, Lee. Made my day.

shyguy, what new brawl videos are you talking about? I'd definitely like to see them. Although I'll still probably wind up maining either Pitt or Sonic...or, if Sakurai willing, Geno. Or Cpt Olimar, I'm pretty sure I'll play him alot.

VVB

SD Champ
Sorry that lafayette couldn't make it...

A couple of us were sick, others had work and school work. Bi-weeklies are awesome in my book. Just gives me a reason to go and play all of BR, Houma and whoever else shows. Every time I play ya'll, I learn something new.

As for lafayette, I am pretty sure we would make it whenever we could. Work, School, Distance and overall availability is the problems.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
I b go 2 nxt biweek

wuz sik dis tiem

i type

Edit: There are some smashers that play in the monthly tournaments at the arcade in the Acadiana Mall (Laffy). They need to all go to bi-weeklies; Aladdin's Castle keeps like 85% of entry fees, and gives away joke prizes.

eet

Smash Ace
yeah, i (kinda) apologize for bailing out... Ill admit one reason was I had the mentality that these were just bi-weeklies, and in 2 weeks, I can always come back, so missing one isn't really a big deal?

But Im definitely coming to the next one, so count me in. We should try to get another big showing at this one.

Sudai

Stuff here
I wanted to come Saturday, but it was the only day off for MaryBeth and that was like...our first date.. I'm gonna try to come to the next one though. Just gonna be like... "You should try to get a day off other than Saturday" or just like... "You should come cheer me on! :D ...........for seven hours.......!"

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRTTHH I missed you ;_; MARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ya just saw the marth vids, somebodys got brawl, marth looks top tier again he looks like he has less range but more speed, i guess we'll soon know the full roster

i just watched the most beatiful retarted thing in my life.it was metaknight in the sse but he wouldnt go hit the bad guy hejust like walked around, yet i still enjolyed the footage

D

Deleted member

if anyone knows a link to full character listings you should totally post it. peace

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
ARRRGGGGHHHH!!! These boards are pissing me right the **** off. They need to fix this ****. Buy some more god**** servers and get a better load balancing proxy server, goddammit.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i would give a link but ill just post it instead (spoilers*...
roster 35 charachters

confirmed:
mario
fox
yoshi
samus/zamus
kirby
pikachu
dk
link
ness
jigglypuff
luigi
falcon
bowser
peach
ice climers
zelda/shiek
marth
falco
ganondorf
g&w

metaknight
pit
pokemon trainer
wario
diddy
lucas
dedede
ike
olimar
lucario
wind waker link
r.o.b
sonic
snake

soon to be confirmed:

wolf

alot of people are unhappy with the roster, i personally dont have any beef with it except for no geno :(

p.s. lucario looks incredibly good, alot faster than mew2 with better arieals... definetly top tier material, if i had to predict top tier it would be marth,lucario,metaknight high tier peach,dedede , fox/falco, shiek? mid tier- olimar,mario,sonic,pit,diddy,samus link,lucas.... (i dunno now im just guessing)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Next tournament will be Feb. 9th.

Also, thanks Shy Guy for the spoiler warning. I'm gonna see what I can do to leave a some surprises for myself in Brawl.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
It's a shame. I would've liked to see Mew2 back or Mega Man or Geno in. But this is one helluva roster. I hope you're right about Lucario, shyg, that'd be nice.

Sudai

Stuff here
Greg, the list is right. Someone in Japan got the game early and posted a bunch of screen shots and what not. When I get home, I'll post up all the links Nick gave to me. Gonna go and update the first post for the Feb 9th date too.

Oh, and Greg, I should be able to smash today, but like, if you call, call after 5:30ish? Gonna be with my girlfriend before she has to go to work.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
I know the list is right. I meant I hope he's right about him being better than Mew2 speed-wise.

And I'll call you whenever I **** well please....after 5:30 :laugh:

Sudai

Stuff here

eet

Smash Ace
lawl thats cool, g&w for top tier.

but yeah my friend eddie is getting the game from play-asia, hopefully today or tommorow so ima go play it XD...

if he decides to bring it over to my house, ill let some of the br ppl know if they wanna play it?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
post vids, like 1 vs. 1 no sse or other crap, try to showcase their moves especially the secret characters.... or ill just have to come see it for myself; i must play brawl

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
the characters i'll pursue maining are Dedede, Kirby, and Wolf.
Lee is interested in Sonic...and i forget who else.
looks like Samus is pretty ****t in brawl..its like melee samus w/out missle cancels. But if you hold R before the match starts, you turn into ZeroSuitSamus (which is probably a better character).
marth's FS is an instant KO from 0%, and he kept 'most' of his speed from melee...which means he's very fast in brawl now.
Lucas and Ness don't lose all their height when the DJC. about half as high w/out attacking. and they both seem very fast.

Although theres some characters we speculate as "high tier" (marth, dedede, lucas/ness)
some low tiers still seem very obvious...DK, Yoshi, Ganon, Rob, to my knowledge appear to be the worst 4.
Ganon is AMAZINGLY slow plus NOW less range than melee, w/ his stubby twilightprincess-legs. Yoshi and DK appears as bad as before. And Rob has zero range on all his physical attacks and seems pretty slow and not strong.
Thats a heads up anyway, in case anyone was interested in those (bu i doubt it)

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i said it before, but ill say it again cuz im bored, im maining mario yaaaayuhs(or whatever) secondaries - pit,diddy

olimar looks kinda meh, hard to tell if hes any good or not? ill try to play him though, ill also try out fox and falcizzy.... flaco throws his shine now, it kinda sucks

hmmm i guess ill keep talking about the characters and such.... yoshi looks better to me for some reason, samus actually looks more appealling to me now,snake should be able too smoke ciggerettes while he fights, first tourney : 50 entrants 40 metaknights, links looks better, sonic is fast, lucas wears a striped shirt, pt has three pokemon, captain falcon....

edit: i think i just saw two birds having sex,so i tried to join in but they flew away. then i saw two people having sex, so i tried to join in but they flew away too

Top Bottom