• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, srry, I've always come up with these extensive metaphors that make sense to me but leave people saying either "that doesn't make sense" or "you're an idiot." Unfortunately for me, I use a sense of humor as a defense mechanism, so I'll never finish a complete thought, but rather I'm stuck with all these half finished well thought out opinions followed by a guy in a chicken suit or how I would've made different movies (for instance, I think "PS I Love You" would've been much better if they called it "PS I Have Herpes").
Hey, how'd the tourney go? Who won, who lost, how's everyone doing, and who's pickin Olimar (I've got dibs if no one picked him already)?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
The Gameware tourney went well. It looks like these will turn into biweeklies! Next one in two weeks, same time and place.

Results:
Singles- 1st/2nd/3rd/4th- Lee/ Eric/ Taylor/ Vaughn
Teams- 1st/2nd/3rd/4th- Lee and Taylor/ Eric and Patrick/ Randall and Vaughn/ Ken and Sudai

Sorry about the chairs, but I don't think anyone has any that are suitable. At least, no one brought any. I don't think there will be chairs at future tournaments unless people bring them. I do have a few videos, but I think the only notable one is the winner's bracket finals between Lee and Taylor. It may be a while before I get those up though because school is about to start.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
(i edited my post above, mary^)

so john played his absolute best last night....he literally was mew2king and it was ********. He mostly 3 stocked me, ricky, pierre, and ray (more or less of the time) the first 15 or so games. Like he was playing marth down to perfection, seriously. And he did random levels the whole night (not just FD)

His new game incorporated basically 4 things. fast shuffled f.airs to f.smash. (yea, a 2 hit combo) Brolly-style, alternating angle UpTilt-whoring, upthrow to dont-let-them-touch-the-ground, and "brace-grabbing" (CC/DI into grab) constantly (like...as Doc, my Jab-Dash Grab...i'd jab him, but then i'd get grabbed instead. he did that so much i wanted to punch myself in the ****)

Iunno...this is probably the worst ****** i've seen in LA smash so far. Ricky, Ray, and Pierre didn't beat him one time the entire night. Eventually... I adapted my game for this new level of gayness and i was able to win about 40% the time for the next last couple hours. But the way we both had to play, it seemed like i would go entire games without so much as a decent combo on him. Just because of his positioning based on the few opportunities he was vulnerable.
oh yea..i also tried ganon, got 1 stocked...falco maybe 4x and got 2 stocked on average.

I wish you BR guys woulda been there. But what i really wish, is that john can play just like that for TX.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Hi! My name's Nick... To those who were at the gameware tournament Saturday, I was the one who got his *** handed to him. ^_^ I just wanted to say hey and all... Also, I read the post about the lack of chairs. While I can't come to the next tournament, the next time there is a tournament/gathering that I'm able to attend, I'll be more than happy to bring a few folding chairs... I have 4, so that should help some people. :p

Sudai

Stuff here
Since Nick didn't clarify when he was getting his *** handed to him, he wasn't there for singles and was the guy in the green shirt with the CPU Team mate (I teamed with him vs Taylor and Lee [I think it was vs them anyway]).

Woo for getting 4th in teams!!!....out of 7!!!!...for no reason!!! : D

Entreri

Smash Cadet
"the secret" is stupid. anyway, cyphus its good that you could still respect it without agreeing to it. im a believer in self healing and things like that, small changes, not necessarily walking on water.

-mary

D

Deleted member

every time kyle's name posts from now on im just going to assume it's patrick

Sudai

Stuff here
Could you list everyone in the Laffy crew? I'll log in to Eric's account and fix it for you if you can. I only remember 3 of you guy's name even though I talked/smashed with all of you yesterday.. I'm really bad with names. >>;

Flarefox

Smash Ace
The tourney was fun, but the no-chairs thing really got to me after a while. Next time we should either put the tv's on the ground (if Gameware would allow that), or have each person bring a small stool or fold-able chair to sit in.

Edit: I like the posts about existence and observation affecting reality. I'd love to comment, but I haven't looked into the topic very much. I've only read about the basics of quantum physics in the past and still don't understand a lot of it. Very counter-intuitive.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
taylor-

so kyle can't go. then so far its only me and patrick in the car? if we dont get anyone else, we probably cant offord to go. i doubt tim ever asks his mom / really wants to go, and i think everyone else i all car-ed up? im still going to get my car work done wed or thurs (probably), just incase and because i need it in general. keep me updated everyone.
peace

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
how do u stop a cat from meowing?

cut off his head

i tried to play a little meele yesterday and it was so stupid , i cant believe i wasted so much time on a videogame

so whens brawl coming out, i saw that olimar is in it , looks cool i cant wait to play the game all day everyday =0

if anyone has guitar hero 3 for wii u should like give me ur wii number so we can play, i must warn u though im like fugin incredible ok im going to smoke a cig shyg out

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
shyguy, i have guitar hero 3 for the wii.....well its my sister's.
im average, not bad, not good. I play on hard.

whats ur friend code?
mines: 365192798565

D

Deleted member

i mean i consider myself less than good and i can beat most everything on expert. but i mean, it's like someone just learning to l cancel. better than 95% of the people you meet but get ***** by a pro.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yet another delay for brawl...It's been pushed 27 days back to March 9th. No update on the dojo about it other than the little thing on the site on the left.. blah.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Well... Steve did say something about that, so at least I wasn't completely surprised by this news... But hey, the Japanese got pushed back too... Except theirs was only 7 days, to Jan 31st, 2008. -_-

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
That's bull****, I thought it already went gold? What the hell is the point of that then? It's not like they're going to change anything, sons of *****es.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
people have quit my bussing job, who were suppose to cover my shifts over this weekend for the tournament...so my job may be jeapordized some by this...i'm not sure whats going down, but i think i'll figure something out, i always do.

D

Deleted member

so im too busy/poor to go to texas. it sucks but it's just whats up.
i HAVE to do good in school this semester, i want to do national exchange and leave this **** state next year. i probably wont even be smashing much except for local tourneys. dont expect me to get worse, i just probably wont get any better. but then again some times the weird breaks from smash make you break bad habbits and improve so idk. sorry to patrick and everything i just cant make it.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
taylor dont leave this state it wont be the same without you :( if u leave im leaving too ,lets do a state mm 2/3 if i win uhave to stay in LA..........forever

oh cr@p sheik is in brawl , i dont know if thats a good thing but oh well the more characters the better

i realized sumthing today at work, like most people there need their jobs to make money to live, but i dont care if i get fired cuz im just living my parents , so that pretty much puts me in control to do whatever i want with nothing loose basiccicly im mindgaming the whole store and have more power than the managers in charge i have to teach the store a lesson that the person i am with my abilities shouldnt be doing bi tch work i gave up a long time ago trying to pursue my capabilities to be in the position im in now, ya it sucks but at the same time i have a good view on the world and what to so bassicly in awsome

but what my job entails is alot lifting of heavy boxes giving me muscles thus making me more desireable to the opposite sex ill get in a relationship with a girl to give me confidence and intrigue my mind and make me happy then that will make me want to live on my own then all start focusing on my true passion which is playing poker, ill make tons of money ill feed the homeless and save the whales and then oh wait my hot pocket is finished in the microwave

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have a few videos from this past weekend: Taylor vs Eric while in the winner's bracket, Taylor vs Lee in the Winner's Finals, and part of myself vs Ryan (not Sudai) in pools. I'm working on getting the first two up tonight. At least that's the plan. Taylor vs Eric is finishing up now, and Taylor vs Lee might follow. Here's a link to the first round of Taylor vs Eric:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJc68yvkhRQ

Also, for any videos that come from Gameware tournaments, I'm going to tag them with "gameware", so it should be easy to find whatever I've put up.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
We have some fast planning to do guys.

If Patrick or anyone else that no longer has a ride still wants to go, we need to get this together fast.

Varuna is definitely going to the tourney and he'll likely be driving. Lafayette has Varuna, Ben, and Me that are positive we're going, and we also have Lee and Cyphus from Houma to think about. In addition, there is a chance that Nick will be going to the tourney. So, if Patrick, Nick, and all of us plan to go, we'll need to get another vehicle somehow. My car is terribly small and uncomfortable by the way.

D

Deleted member

dude, shyg is awesome. i definitely accept you match, but if i win you have to convince yourself you're awesome by yourself without a female companion, because i think it only brings you down to worry about such things.

like i said im definitely not going to san antonio

thanks for the vids randall!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
No problem. I'm just finishing putting up the last round of Taylor vs Lee. I'll probably put Ryan vs myself up as well.

Sudai

Stuff here
Eric has -always- played peach. lol. At least, ever since my first tournament over a year and a half ago. He just never plays her unless he actually cares about winning. : P

Edit: So like...apparently I passed up 1337 post already.... : (

Oh wells~

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Alex and I saw it, Sudai! I thought about taking a screenshot, but I didn't see a point. Guess I should've, haha.

Sudai

Stuff here
Nah, it's fine. I know I had it at some point or another. That's all that matters. : P

So, are the bi-weeklies a reality or are we still speculating on that?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
As long as nothing screws up, they should happen all the way until the Brawl release. There may be something here or there that messes up the pattern, like Mardi Gras, just maybe. Still, the idea is for there to be biweeklies.

Well, we're leaving tomorrow for Tx, and I know I'm excited. I guess wish us luck or something, haha.

Sudai

Stuff here
*crosses fingers* Sudai...don't start a religion war.

So...I laughed so hard I woke up my parents.

This was in some "Prove god exist" thread I went into for laughs. That's all those threads really are because you're never gonna convert someone that actually cares enough to try to prove one way or the other...but, yeah.

"The legend behind god is complex. That's why I think he's real."
"Yeah, Lord of the Rings is complex too, that's why I worship Froto"

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's pointless to try and argue religion. No one's gonna give in. It'd be like telling the hippies that war is good, or telling the rednecks that war is bad.
And of course I was being sarcastic about the Eet playing Peach thing. Perhaps I should use lol more often.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
hey, whats up melee is still pretty fun to me after warching some brawl vids... i might start trying to get back in the cmpetitive scene more seriouly, is there any upcoming tournies or sumthing im sticking with space animals cuz they rap e humans,other animals pokemen and whatever the hell kirby is....

Top Bottom