• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
FakeGeorge,

Will it be possible to get into different tournaments? Say, for instance, both Melee and Tetris? Or would I have to choose one? Just thought I'd ask.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I can't get over this Jaskowski cat. That's one arrogant mother ****er. He beats Nyte and thinks he ***** LA. Hell, even I beat Nyte, and I'm a pretty ****ing ****-poor example of a Smasher (no offense Nyte, but icebreaker 4 life). Is this not pissing anyone else off as much as me? I know I'm a ******* sometimes, but it's all in fun. This goat****er is serious.
On a lighter note, I rape4life. Who's all going on this thing tonight?
Tomorrow I have a heart walk in the morning (kinda like Relay4Life [4life]) and kegger in the evening, does that make me a hypocrite?
I also remembered another one of my favorite jokes. What's the difference between a walk in the forest and a duck? I don't remember the rest but your mother's a *****.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Varuna/Flarefox, Are you bringing a Cube and Smash? We have two already, but the third one is in the air. If you can't bring it, then we can manage. However, I then ask if someone else attending from 10:00-2:00 if he can supply a Cube and Smash?

Otherwise, this is gonna be pretty sweet!

Bringing my wii, memory card, smash and wii sports incase yall want to use it in bowling tourny.

D

Deleted member

i got a 31 hungover on 3 hours of sleep
but i didnt get any money. lame.

no it's not marth. he got tired of my shiek destroying his marth.

D

Deleted member

freddy me and kyle are playing right now at kyle's house. feel free to come.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
how long are yall playing at kyles and how do u get there? i know u go past where my old apartment was and then u takeright on some street but i dunno which one, what time r yall going to the lsu thing??

Lobelia Boy

Smash Rookie
Yo, can anyone make it to le Dibbz tomorrow? I'm just itching to play Smash, and also....my memory card got f'd in the a, so I need someone's data if that's cool. I unlocked everything EXCEPT Final Destination. I don't want to have to go through that again. I only won against Giga/Ganon/Mewtwo by spamming Jiggs's rest attack.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
i dont think ill be going to LNA guys >.< but if the laffy guys are staying somewhere ill get some games with you guys later on in the night prolly. i would like to see how much you dudes improved.

-taylor pm me your number.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Lobeila Boy and Shy)(guy, yall goin to Dibbz tomorrow? **** something always happens when i get a chance to play smash!!! Will you guys be there after 3? If i get lucky I may just be able to show up.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
This is the funniest post on the thread by none other than teh iceman, i was having people over at my apartment and giving the address .....

(oh and u can only come if ur intending to play smash i dont want some like hobo just walking in.... unless ur a hot girl then u can come ;))
and this is ice mans response

Hypothetically, if I didn't want to play Smash (remember this is hypothetical) but I brought a hot girl or two, could I still go? Or if I were to dress like a hot girl (it's a stretch)? Or what about if I wanted to play Melee with all my heart but my arms were blown off in the, uh, Cold War, could I still go? If so, could some random hobo go if they say they wanted to play Melee but some anti-Melee disability kept them from doing so? I didn't know there would be all these prerequisites like "you have to want to play" and "you can't be a hobo?'' I don't know how, but I think this violates the 1st through 3rd amendments. This country was built by hoboes, my father was a hobo.
But I digress, the tourny's gonna be awesome.
LMFAO

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that was a long time ago, Shyguy, I didn't even remember that.
BTW, some of the other cats that went to LNAU weren't too bad. It was fun, but there weren't as many friendlies as I would've wanted. Luigi dittos 4 life (utilt, sex kick, sex kick, sex kick, hit the ground, usmash, sex kick, sex kick, KO, those moves came from both Luigis), and I realized I hate the Capt. more than anyone else.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
I realized I need to learn how to play marth vs. capt. 0.o
Hey DSK, was your area code 337 or 225?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
There really were a lot of Captains, I think I played three in the tournament, and there's Varuna.

Well, LNA was fun, and if you missed it, then you missed out. The random bracket was a bit dumb, and I apologize for that, but I had to go play a Tetris Attack match right after it generated. Anyways, I saw a lot of people using advanced techs. Probably at least half the entrants. I think if we could get these people involved past Late Nights, the smash scene here has potential. I'm gonna talk to Stephen today about biweeklies, so I'll see how that goes.

Well, for those with interest, here's the results with who I remember seeing people play. Again, A lot of Falcons:

1: Vaughn (Zelda)
2: Randall (Jiggs)
3: Ben (Marth/Doc)
4: Eric (Peach/ Fox/ ??)
5: Geoffrey/Alexander (Captain)
7: Wes (Marth/ Fox?)/Bradley (Falco)
9: Ice Mann (Luigi)/Cody (Captain)/Frank/Timothy
13: Marque/Matt(Captain)/Toren(Peach/Samus, I think)/Gregory (Captain)
17: Brent/Tommy/Ken (Marth)/Andre (Shiek)/Dylan C./Dwight/Jeremy/Danielle
25: Reed/Dylan J (He had to play Eric then Flarefox, tough bracket) /Teri/Jude/Kevin

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
ya i got ***** :S though in the puzzle game i beat the winner in a friendly lol

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I was at Dibbz at around 12:40. Hey, for future reference, Shy)(Guy and Lobelia Boy, what's your name? My dad was kinda iffy about letting me go ti Dibbz because I didn't know your real names.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, that was a long time ago, Shyguy, I didn't even remember that.
BTW, some of the other cats that went to LNAU weren't too bad. It was fun, but there weren't as many friendlies as I would've wanted. Luigi dittos 4 life (utilt, sex kick, sex kick, sex kick, hit the ground, usmash, sex kick, sex kick, KO, those moves came from both Luigis), and I realized I hate the Capt. more than anyone else.

Don't be a hater : (

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
uhhh ya my name is Daniel , i just woke up so I can go to dibbz now whenever though, ill probly go later tonight. Ya sorry i didnt feel like driving all the way to baton rouge. Vauhn won with all zelda? Thats awsome

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea..i can't WAIT for those videos of LAST.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany minute now. they'll be out...................................................................................................................................

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
alrigtht i went to dibbz and no one was there playing smash, so lobelia boy or who ever just tell me when ur goin over there cuz im ready

Panik

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, three things:

1. Add my name (not Panik, but Big Bur) to the first post as a smasher from Shreveport.

2. I'm thinking about putting together a tourney to help raise money for a computer club. If I did put it on in Shreveport, would any of ya'll come?

3. When and where is the next big tourney in Louisiana?

I've been out of a loop for about a year, and my brother and I just started smashing again.

Thanks!

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
went to dibbz around 7 people started showing up at like 8 avery, jackets, lobelia boy, other dude, dj samus.....

meh i dont really ylike dibbz that much the tv is too big for smash i need to go up to baton rouge and play some people eet?

dj is a pain in the a$$ to play he keeps like shooting missless and ****

Lobelia Boy

Smash Rookie
went to dibbz around 7 people started showing up at like 8 avery, jackets, lobelia boy, other dude, dj samus.....

meh i dont really ylike dibbz that much the tv is too big for smash i need to go up to baton rouge and play some people eet?

dj is a pain in the a$$ to play he keeps like shooting missless and ****
...I wasn't there. I had a Street Fighter/Guilty Gear tournament to attend. I didn't compete, though. I was there to gather study material to improve my game. My concept of Smash play is solid.

Lobelia Boy

Smash Rookie
oh my bad, i dont get how watching people play street fighter would help u in smash?
What I mean, dude, is that it assisted my game in Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. My Smash game is really good. I have the right idea, I just need competition. That's where you guys come in.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I see alot of talking and not enough rapin goin on. To the cat in Shreveport, it'd be tough to get people to go to that, and there's 4 reasons: first, there isn't a day, and if you don't give one like a month or two in advance, people don't make plans to go, and alot of people here ain't too good at winging it. Second, most players in LA (at least the ones on these boards) are from the south. Alot of them (us?) don't feel like driving, which causes a problem with the whole Shreveport thing. When there are tournies down here, it's hard to get everyone to come, I'd hate to imagine how hard it would be up there. Third, people are usually pretty iffy about the whole raising money thing. Smashin for charity ain't the first thing on people's minds. Fourth, and most importantly, I rape4life. But seriously, if you do set it up, try and get a bunch of people from up there to go. I haven't heard anything at all from the north LA smash scene (outside of Ska, where is that guy?). You could single-handedly start the northern Smash play in Louisiana, how cool would that be.
BTW did anyone dress up for Halloween weekend? I went to a party and some guy dressed as Jimi asked what I was supposed to be. He looked at me and said "are you supposed to be, like, a bum?" Funny thing, that's what I wear. So I guess I dress like a bum. Hooray.

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
Freddy posting from Dylans computa.
LOL AT ICEMAN!!

im awesome and im just showing everyone im alive. WEE
so like i need to play ffox, cause like ive never played him before. anywayzzz peace nigz

Panik

Smash Journeyman
I see alot of talking and not enough rapin goin on. To the cat in Shreveport, it'd be tough to get people to go to that, and there's 4 reasons: first, there isn't a day, and if you don't give one like a month or two in advance, people don't make plans to go, and alot of people here ain't too good at winging it. Second, most players in LA (at least the ones on these boards) are from the south. Alot of them (us?) don't feel like driving, which causes a problem with the whole Shreveport thing. When there are tournies down here, it's hard to get everyone to come, I'd hate to imagine how hard it would be up there. Third, people are usually pretty iffy about the whole raising money thing. Smashin for charity ain't the first thing on people's minds. Fourth, and most importantly, I rape4life. But seriously, if you do set it up, try and get a bunch of people from up there to go. I haven't heard anything at all from the north LA smash scene (outside of Ska, where is that guy?). You could single-handedly start the northern Smash play in Louisiana, how cool would that be.
BTW did anyone dress up for Halloween weekend? I went to a party and some guy dressed as Jimi asked what I was supposed to be. He looked at me and said "are you supposed to be, like, a bum?" Funny thing, that's what I wear. So I guess I dress like a bum. Hooray.
Yeah, I know. I wasn't talking about smashing for charity, this would be a tournament in which you would win money, just not tons of money. I understand about the one or two months in advance thing and I was planning on putting it on right before Brawl is scheduled to come out...

So yeah, I'll just search around me area then, I guess.

EDIT: Who is ska and what city does he rep?

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I know. I wasn't talking about smashing for charity, this would be a tournament in which you would win money, just not tons of money. I understand about the one or two months in advance thing and I was planning on putting it on right before Brawl is scheduled to come out...

So yeah, I'll just search around me area then, I guess.

EDIT: Who is ska and what city does he rep?

we might go to a melee tourny in FEB in Orlando, if peeps are still up for it.

you might want to move back the date if you want people to come to this. ill go if i can get a ride, cause... im awesome, but not rly.

Top Bottom