• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
DSK, you can bring your own, but there will be controllers provided, as many of the people there are casual smash players.

Varuna: I have some more good news for you. Since there are only 3 of you, if you can make it to LSU for 8:00pm, then we can get you in early as "help." Since you'd be helping, you would need to bring a Cube to make it visually plausible. However, real help of some sort would be appreciated (even just setting up cubes and such). This will avoid you having to worry about finding someone to take you as a guest. This would also free up other LSU smashers to let locals in (like DSK). When you find out if you can come, please tell me when you will get here: 8:00pm or 10:00pm.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i might go im like 50/50 but if i do i could go at 8:00 and bring a cube, but just in case could i get any one to take me as their guest taylor? vaughn? kyle? randall? cuz i dont think im gonna drive up their unless i know i can get in and be in the tournament

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
could someone brief me on whats going on?
is there some tourney/smashfest somewhere?
i might go. i prolly got worse at melee though, lol.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
could someone brief me on whats going on?
is there some tourney/smashfest somewhere?
i might go. i prolly got worse at melee though, lol.
Late Night Arcade 6 is in the LSU Union from 10:00pm - 2:00 am this Friday!

There will be a Smash tournament, though the rules aren't what most people here are used to seeing. This time, the rules are like this:

-32 person double elimination
-best of 1 game, 4 stocks, no items, 4:00 time limit
-ANY stage may be agreed upon. If no stage is agreed, a random stage will be used.

Now, here's a difference from past LNA's:

Random stages are the 6 neutral stages, and the "normal" counterpick stages: Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, and Corneria. I talked to Gary about this and he said removing normally banned stages from the random list is okay.

-When time runs out, Sudden Death determines the winner (Vaughn better watch out for bombs!)

These rules were made with the goal of finishing the 32 person bracket before 2:00. This tournament is FREE to enter, and first place goes onto a 4 person free-for-all in a mystery game. The winner will win the only prize given out that night. It'll probably be a game or giftcard or something. I don't know. The other three people in these super-finals are the winners of the other three tournaments. These tournaments are 16 person single elimination. The games are Street Fighter: 3rd Strike, Wii Bowling, and Tetris Attack.

Now MOST importantly, you MUST be 18 or older to enter or an LSU student. If you are not an LSU student, then you must come as a guest of one. Each student is allowed ONE guest, who must enter when the student first enters. So, if you aren't an LSU student, well, I can guarantee you'll get in. If you aren't and LSU student but are 18, make sure you arrive with one to get in.

Anyways, the long and the short is, Late Night 6 this Friday at 10pm LSU Union. Be there.
~

DSK, you can bring your own, but there will be controllers provided, as many of the people there are casual smash players.

Varuna: I have some more good news for you. Since there are only 3 of you, if you can make it to LSU for 8:00pm, then we can get you in early as "help." Since you'd be helping, you would need to bring a Cube to make it visually plausible. However, real help of some sort would be appreciated (even just setting up cubes and such). This will avoid you having to worry about finding someone to take you as a guest. This would also free up other LSU smashers to let locals in (like DSK). When you find out if you can come, please tell me when you will get here: 8:00pm or 10:00pm.

Is there a number I should have to call to get people to let me in at either time?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I can't bring a guest, and other than Matt, Wes, and Ben, no one else can come at 8:00. Gary (the guy running Late Night Arcade) can't let any more people in early.

Cyphus, on page 511 or so, I have a post with all the info. However, the smash tournament has been cut from 4 stocks to 3 stocks, so disregard anything else. There aren't any prizes for the most part, but it will be fun. You'll just need to find an LSU student to let you in.

Right now, there's DSK, Shy Guy, and Cyphus who may need someone to let them inside. As far as I know, Taylor and Iceman are going and could bring someone as a guest? Ken, are you going to come? I'd recommend finding someone to come with soon and getting it straight. Or maybe something of the everyone meets at 9:45 in front of the Union, idk. You'll have to sort that out on your own, as I can't do much for getting people in myself.

Varuna, if you show up at 10:00, you'll have to be a guest and just meet someone for that: I can't really help you there.
I'll PM you my number in case you can show up at 8:00. If that happens, we can just meet on the front steps of the Union or something. The plan is for the three of you and those of us associated with the video games to go in together at 8:00, so we should find each other outside.

RAM

Smash Lord
LA should Carpool with FL to CT. the likes of G reg, Tink, Korean DJ, Drephen, P.C Chris and a bunch of the nations best will be there. it's a 2 day tourney that can't be missed.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I wish I could come and clown all your so called "best" players, I would **** top 5.
I wish i could go to Arizona and **** ur mom.

Dude gtfo of these boards and go back to the desert....

Lee would kill u in this game probly jon too and like 5 other people atleat depending on how much u suck

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could come and clown all your so called "best" players, I would **** top 5.
get the *** out of here with that ****. ive seen your vids, and you LOST to nicknyte. hahha i would love to play you, but it would be a fckin joke. acually, i would like to see lee 4 stock your ********. HAHAHHA so great, dude, please dont ever post in this thread again, go killyourself.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh... he's the guy nicknyte beat that one round? haha
not bad fox, but you should probably try to play smart instead of just technical.

D

Deleted member

im sure our top 10 would all take your money.

100$ mm with me?

nicknyte pwnd u LOL

yeah im not driving 20 hours for melee no matter how many pros will be there.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i have 2 jokes. A short joke, and a long joke.
-------------------------------------------------

What happened to Beethoven when he died?
He decomposed.
-------------------------------------------------
One morning, a boy waited outside for his bus to take him to school. As he waited, a kid on a bike passed by and shouted "PURPLE FLOWERS!" The boy was confused by the biker's seemingly-random outburst. Anyway, his bus finally came and he went to school.

The boy sat in class, still dumbfounded, and decided to tell his teacher about the biker. "Ms. Hamilton, this morning, while I was waiting for the schoolbus, a kid on a bike passed me by and shouted 'PURPLE FLOWERS!' What does purple flowers mean?" The teacher looked absolutely appalled, and said, "How dare you?? You go to the principal's office right now!!"

The confused boy did as he was told and went to the principal's office. The principal asked,"What did you do to end up in my office, son?" The boy replied,"Well, my teacher sent me here because I told her that while I was waiting for the schoolbus this morning, a kid on a bike passed me by and shouted 'PURPLE FLOWERS!' What does purple flowers mean?" The principal was furious, and said, "I'm gonna have to suspend you."

The boy's mom came to pick him up from school. She asked,"Why in the hell are you being suspended?" The boy replied,"I'm being suspended because the principal was angry with me, because the teacher sent me to the principal's office, because I told her that while I was waiting for the schoolbus this morning, a kid on a bike passed me by and shouted 'PURPLE FLOWERS!' What does purple flowers mean?" The boy's mother looked absolutely heartbroken and said, "When we get home, go straight to your room and don't come out. Your father will deal with you after he gets off of work."

The boy's father finally gets home and goes into his son's room. "Why did your mother send you to your room?" The boy replied,"Mom sent me to my room because I got suspended because the principal was angry with me, because the teacher sent me to the principal's office, because I told her that while I was waiting for the schoolbus this morning, a kid on a bike passed me by and shouted 'PURPLE FLOWERS!' What does purple flowers mean?" The father yelled at the top of his lungs,"You get the hell out of this house before I beat the living daylights outta you!"

The boy ran out of the house and headed down the street. A few hours passed and it got dark outside. A police officer drove down the street and stopped by the boy. The officer asked,"What in the world are you doing out here at this hour of the night?" The boy explained,"Sir, my father kicked me out of the house because Mom sent me to my room because I got suspended because the principal was angry with me, because the teacher sent me to the principal's office, because I told her that while I was waiting for the schoolbus this morning, a kid on a bike passed me by and shouted 'PURPLE FLOWERS!' What does purple flowers mean?" The officer said,"Boy, I'm gonna have to take you downtown."

So the boy ends up in a jail cell, confused as ever. His cellmate sits quietly by their barred window. He finally looks over at the boy and asks,"Hey boy, what you in here for?" The boy says,"Well, an officer threw me in here because I was out late because my father kicked me out of the house because Mom sent me to my room because I got suspended because the principal was angry with me, because the teacher sent me to the principal's office, because I told her that while I was waiting for the schoolbus this morning, a kid on a bike passed me by and shouted 'PURPLE FLOWERS!' What does purple flowers mean?"

The cellmate nodded his head up and down. "I can't tell you what purple flowers means, but you see that house across the street?" He points through the barred window. "There's a man that lives in that house...he's the smartest man in the world and he can tell you exactly what purple flowers means." The boy is so happy to hear this! The next day, the boy walks out of jail and looks at the house across the street with much excitement. The boy starts making his way across the road, gets hit by a car and dies.
------------------------------------

What kind of bees make milk?
boobies.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Wow. That is messed up.

I got one.

A priest and a rabbi were walking down the street and say a little boy on the other side. The priest said to the rabbi, "Hey, let's go f#@k him" and the rabbi replied "Out of what?"

****, it is hard to find a GC controller these days that's brand new.

Lobelia Boy

Smash Rookie
So my on-again-off-again attitude towards Smash has officially ceased. I am now a full-on player. Why, you may ask?
Two words: Peach Blossom.
Anyways, I'm just a-yearnin' for some learnin', and if you dudes can help me out, that'd kick ***. When is everyone free? I myself can get to Dibbz on my own steam, provided it's in the daytime on the weekends and ****.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
Hmmm. My plans for this weekend has changed.
I have a pretty good chance of going to the LSU game night thing... but no promises. If I happen to spot a fellow smasher at the entrance when I go (if I go) I will take him/her/it as a guest.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
thats the best joke in the world. i don't know what ur talking about. the 1st time i heard that, was top 5 hardest laughs i had in my life. i was crying and couldn't breathe, i wanted the funnyness to stop. (not joking)

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Funniest joke I ever heard is the Aristocrats joke. Sadly, if I told it on this forum, it wouldn't make any sense and people would look at me funny every time they saw me, and I'd probably go to jail. On a side note, I don't think anyone could look at me funny if they didn't see me.

Edit: BTW, this Arizona fella is hillarious. Where's he come up with this stuff? We're Louisiana. Why do you think we're in the shape of a boot? Yeah, so we can kick the **** outta people. Also, because the Rapist wears boots, and LA *****.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
The fact that J has to come on the LA boards to talk trash to yall is a shame. His peach is second rate. I beat him most of the time I play him. Don't worry Cyphus, that ***** just talkin ****.

Enemies of Louisiana:
FEMA
Katrina
1-10 Traffic Jams
Mr. J

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
me and FFox are still coming we'll probably be there for 8 and well call you fake george if we get lost or can't get in.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. I plan on being near the front of the Union around 8:00. It shouldn't be hard to spot me, I'll be the only person with a metal DDR pad.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
good kyle. hm......its marth isn't it?

on a SERIOUS NOTE. I am Seirously digging King Dedede. Heavy, strong, range(?), good recovery(multi jumps like kirby probably) and he ****ing throws waddle dees (that sealed the deal).
I've always been the biggest kirby fan. I"ve literally played every single one of his games w/ the except of Kirby's AirRide. And i highly doubt Dedede will be a "popular" character. Everyone like Metaknight too much...and Penguins are my favorite animal. Say hello to probably my new main, people.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm still sticking to PT. Screw you guys.

Anyway, I wish I could go to the LSU thing tonight. I totally would if the ACT weren't tomorrow. : (

I want something higher than 30 or I'll be upset. I got a 29 last time and if I had made a 30 I'd get about $20k/year extra in scholarships. x.x

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
good kyle. hm......its marth isn't it?

on a SERIOUS NOTE. I am Seirously digging King Dedede. Heavy, strong, range(?), good recovery(multi jumps like kirby probably) and he ****ing throws waddle dees (that sealed the deal).
I've always been the biggest kirby fan. I"ve literally played every single one of his games w/ the except of Kirby's AirRide. And i highly doubt Dedede will be a "popular" character. Everyone like Metaknight too much...and Penguins are my favorite animal. Say hello to probably my new main, people.
i almost **** my pants when i saw king deedede. hes badass. hes prolly gonna be one of my secoundaries, if not my main. def a badass addition to brawl.

also, does anyone want to smash today? *ken,dsk,taylor,anyone?* cough cough?? lolzz it would be cool if i could get some games in today cause im prolly gonna be busy for the rest of the weekend >.< and im not sure if im going to LNA soo im fkced.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Sorry man, got stuff going on after work. And then I'll be hitting up that LNA6 on campus. I'll probably call you monday or tuesday about a few games, though.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
So my on-again-off-again attitude towards Smash has officially ceased. I am now a full-on player. Why, you may ask?
Two words: Peach Blossom.
Anyways, I'm just a-yearnin' for some learnin', and if you dudes can help me out, that'd kick ***. When is everyone free? I myself can get to Dibbz on my own steam, provided it's in the daytime on the weekends and ****.
You're in NOLA, ja? If you can get over to BR, I'll gladly play you if I'm not at work (M-F,8-5). It'd work out for me, cause I suspect all the BR people are planes above me.....for now.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Varuna/Flarefox, Are you bringing a Cube and Smash? We have two already, but the third one is in the air. If you can't bring it, then we can manage. However, I then ask if someone else attending from 10:00-2:00 if he can supply a Cube and Smash?

Otherwise, this is gonna be pretty sweet!

Top Bottom