• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Late Night Arcade 6 is in the LSU Union from 10:00pm - 2:00 am this Friday!

There will be a Smash tournament, though the rules aren't what most people here are used to seeing. This time, the rules are like this:

-32 person double elimination
-best of 1 game, 4 stocks, no items, 4:00 time limit
-ANY stage may be agreed upon. If no stage is agreed, a random stage will be used.

Now, here's a difference from past LNA's:

Random stages are the 6 neutral stages, and the "normal" counterpick stages: Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, and Corneria. I talked to Gary about this and he said removing normally banned stages from the random list is okay.

-When time runs out, Sudden Death determines the winner (Vaughn better watch out for bombs!)

These rules were made with the goal of finishing the 32 person bracket before 2:00. This tournament is FREE to enter, and first place goes onto a 4 person free-for-all in a mystery game. The winner will win the only prize given out that night. It'll probably be a game or giftcard or something. I don't know. The other three people in these super-finals are the winners of the other three tournaments. These tournaments are 16 person single elimination. The games are Street Fighter: 3rd Strike, Wii Bowling, and Tetris Attack.

Now MOST importantly, you MUST be 18 or older to enter or an LSU student. If you are not an LSU student, then you must come as a guest of one. Each student is allowed ONE guest, who must enter when the student first enters. So, if you aren't an LSU student, well, I can guarantee you'll get in. If you aren't and LSU student but are 18, make sure you arrive with one to get in.

Anyways, the long and the short is, Late Night 6 this Friday at 10pm LSU Union. Be there.
Where is it (city, state?) ? Also, I'm guessing that even if you are a quest you still have to be over 18 right?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Id like to go to that arcade tourney, can i be someones guest?

My other quetions is once all the spots are filled up is that it? If so, is it the first people to get there or what?

Id like to play in the smash tournament and the street figher 3rd strke one is that possible?

VVB

SD Champ
FFox and Matt....

I'll go to the LSU thing if you guys are down... or if we can get "guessed".

Otherwise, I talked to Alex and he said hes down to play when ever. So we'll call him up when we get together this weekend, yes?

D

Deleted member

it's first come first serve for the tournament. i would advise people not to go too much out of their way for this tourney. it's not a true tournament as it has a 4 min time limit for 4 stocks. im going to try my best into talking gary into 3 stock 4 mins, which would make for a quicker tourney over all, and i wouldnt get stuck fighting in sudden death. its a free tournament and even if u win there's only a chance at a prize. i mean its alot of fun and im going, i just dont know if id drive an hour to come. feel free to do so though, but if u are get there early, as it would suck to drive so far and not be able to enter. (32 ppl max) the gift card is also only like 25$

and im sure there are enough lsu smashers to have guests. vaughn, alex, randall, me, kyle, tim (but idk if tim's going), iceman, uhh sry if i forgot you.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
This is in Baton Rouge, on the LSU campus.

Well, Vaughn, Alex, and I will probably be there early to help with setup stuff (he's bringing DDR for casual play), so I don't know if we can let guests in. See, to my knowledge, you cannot leave and return with a new guest after you've entered the first time, with or without a guest.

However, a lot of people attending Late Night probably aren't bringing guests, so you might be able to just ask a random person to help you get into this. I mean, if you arrive before 10:00, then you'll probably be in line with a small crowd of people while you wait to enter. Most people aren't complete jerks, so someone should let you be his/her guest. However, arranging something beforehand would be best, if it's possible.

Now, as Taylor said, this is a casual tournament, so it may not be worth driving in from NOLA or Laffy just for the smash tournament. However, the whole thing is a lot of fun, so I'd check it out if you can.

Taylor, as for the stocks, I think Gary likes seeing sudden death (it can be fun to watch), but if you can make a good case to him for 3 stock, then I'm sure he'll listen. That's how the random stage list got to where it is now.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Can I come in as someone's guest and then they leave? The only LSU student I know is my girlfriend, and she won't stay till 2am leaving me SOL.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Wth u cant have a girlfriend and play smash u have to choose one or the other

if ur gonna get good at this game u cant have any distractions the only breaks u can take are to eat or sleep everything else is out of the question

man ***, i quit this game im going to find a girlfriend *leaves house in search of female*

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I'm not exactly sure what part I'd be labeled as? I gotta be honest, I don't really know my way all 'round town yet. But I live right where I-10 and I-210 split, on Essen Ln, real close to the mall. I'll PM you with my number if you're interested, I don't wanna post it publicly and get totally random calls. The drive south isn't too bad, I make it everyday to Gonzales for work.

My AIM SN is DwnCstShds if anyone else is in the BR area is looking to do charity and melee with the meleeless.

And to Taylor, assuming that comment was for me and to anyone else would consider shunning me based on noobness, I do know how to L-cancel. I'd consider myself a fairly decent Samus player.

I'm not sure if anyone of the people in Lake Charles post here, but if they do, they could tell you about the Purple Samus from this past July's Play N Trade tournament.

i live off of jefferson. very close to where you izzz. you can stop by and play sometime if you want, idc. just repost and ill pm you my address and phone.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Wth u cant have a girlfriend and play smash u have to choose one or the other

if ur gonna get good at this game u cant have any distractions the only breaks u can take are to eat or sleep everything else is out of the question

man ***, i quit this game im going to find a girlfriend *leaves house in search of female*

lies, its very possible actually :]
sry about double-post >.<

also, ill just ninja into there LNA like i always do, and win. ell oh ellz.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
i live off of jefferson. very close to where you izzz. you can stop by and play sometime if you want, idc. just repost and ill pm you my address and phone.
Yea, sounds good. I just want to be able to play some melee before brawl comes out. I never owned the game or a GC and so I haven't played in awhile, so if you don't mind playing someone who's a bit rusty, PM your #, I'm only available in the evenings and weekends, cause I gotta do the whole 9-5 deal.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Alright nevermind its too **** cold outside

double posting is ok as long as ur second post starts a new page, thats a rule I just made up

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
FFox and Matt....

I'll go to the LSU thing if you guys are down... or if we can get "guessed".

Otherwise, I talked to Alex and he said hes down to play when ever. So we'll call him up when we get together this weekend, yes?

Are you going to have the same schedule as last weekend IE not free til 10 PM on Friday and not free til 7 PM on Saturday?

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Patrick, Ben (Lite), Matt (Varuna), and I have been playing late on Fridays and on some Saturdays. If anyone in this thread is in the Lafayette area, let us know. We need moar smash.

Also, we need another tournament since SSBB is delayed until February, we should have another tournament. Matt and I have done a little bit of thinking, and maybe we'll be able to get something together.

If anyone from Baton Rouge is playing smash on the weekend anytime and you plan to have quite a few folks over, I'd be glad to make a trip from Lafayette along with Matt and whoever else can come. Just let me know via PM, etc.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
ShyGuy, I found my GF without trying, I was talking to her in an elevator and in like a week, we were going out. You dont have to quit smash for that. If anything, And I may be imposing, but speak up a bit more, be open to others. Being shy doesn't attract girls. I dont mean to offend, and If anyone flames me, I shall be engulfed.

VVB

SD Champ
Are you going to have the same schedule as last weekend IE not free til 10 PM on Friday and not free til 7 PM on Saturday?
As far as i'm concerned... yes.

Patrick, Ben (Lite), Matt (Varuna), and I have been playing late on Fridays and on some Saturdays. If anyone in this thread is in the Lafayette area, let us know. We need moar smash.

Also, we need another tournament since SSBB is delayed until February, we should have another tournament. Matt and I have done a little bit of thinking, and maybe we'll be able to get something together.

If anyone from Baton Rouge is playing smash on the weekend anytime and you plan to have quite a few folks over, I'd be glad to make a trip from Lafayette along with Matt and whoever else can come. Just let me know via PM, etc.
We can try to start getting Alex(McFox) here. Last i heard he wanted to play. There is also that i guy i told you about last time that lived in Homua and played with Cyphus and Lee... i think his name is Alex, too.

I would be glad to hold one here. We could turn this place tourney bound... or i can see if we could use the lobby to our apt. Was anything else said SVGA?

And i'm down with going back to BR. Its been a while since i've been out there.

EDIT: NeoLink = Dr.Lite (Lite) = Ben

D

Deleted member

does anyone have any fold down tables they could bring to my house? if so we can have a decent size tournament in my garage since stephen of gameware wont respond to my questions about having one there. and lee pulls off smash + gf quite well.

nah dsk it wasnt a bash on you, please dont take it personally; i'd love to play with you. it's more like random people that say they want to get good at the game, like alot of the kids at tigeruppercut at lsu. they dont practice when im not around so it's just a waste of my time. if u can l-cancel every time you're leagues above them already.

its too cold i hate it. it reminds me of last summer. everyday: high, tired, and cold.
im going to lose my mind.
i need someone to sleep next to at night. any offers?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
girls are attracted to confidence. the easiest way to emit that is to just act relaxed. Easiest way to act relax is to pretend not to care. Nervousness is the easiest thing to pick up from people. I notice a huge difference when i remember to be relaxed, thann when i try too hard to be polite or witty.

people, i'm serious...get KartRider, its awesome. It would be a seriously fun experience for us all to play together online. Its so easy to pickup, it doesn't matter how good you are..its just a freakin' blast with friends. For less serious play you have items on easy levels..for more serious play u have speed-mode on hard stages...it doesn't matter, you can have fun w/ this game no matter what it means to you. (and theres a near-useless silly 1 player mode to keep u busy until u get pro)
please people, give it a shot! I got my bro, Flarefox, and my online gf to get it. Lee is getting it too.
Kartrider.com
If more LA smashers got this, we'd play this as much as melee together.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
cyphus- ill dl it so you will stfu about fckin cartrider. jkz i <3 yew buddy.
taylor- uhm..i might have a table..? idk? jgskgs. but yeah. when are you going to get your **** orange range disk? plus wheres the love dude? i litterally havent seen you in like almost 2 months or something.
subi- is you commin ova's? today? just me a call.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
As far as i'm concerned... yes.
In that case, the Late night arcade at LSU isn't TOO bad of an idea since you don't get off till it starts anyway. The only thing that concerns me is that we would be arriving a little after 10, so that would mean that most people who are going would already be in by the time we got there. And it would supremely suck if like only 1 or 2 of us got in.

We can try to start getting Alex(McFox) here. Last i heard he wanted to play. There is also that i guy i told you about last time that lived in Homua and played with Cyphus and Lee... i think his name is Alex, too.
The thing with Mcfox is that I don't think he would be willing to get started at 10:00 on fridays like me and Wes (we're fu
cking crazy). We will have to see about Saturdays. The more Alex's the better.

I would be glad to hold one here. We could turn this place tourney bound... or i can see if we could use the lobby to our apt. Was anything else said SVGA?
Would you be willing to let people sleep on the floor? Would parking be a problem?

Me and Wes are going to take a look at the venues around here before we start thinking about any body's place, starting at cyberlan, and Gametraders, and maybe "and books too". plus we are thinking about something more along the lines of a bi-weekly.

If I set up a tourny through the SVGA the I think the only room that they will be able to provide is the Gaming lab and there is way too much expensive equipment in there, I would be too nervous.

girls are attracted to confidence. the easiest way to emit that is to just act relaxed. Easiest way to act relax is to pretend not to care. Nervousness is the easiest thing to pick up from people. I notice a huge difference when i remember to be relaxed, thann when i try too hard to be polite or witty.

people, i'm serious...get KartRider, its awesome. It would be a seriously fun experience for us all to play together online. Its so easy to pickup, it doesn't matter how good you are..its just a freakin' blast with friends. For less serious play you have items on easy levels..for more serious play u have speed-mode on hard stages...it doesn't matter, you can have fun w/ this game no matter what it means to you. (and theres a near-useless silly 1 player mode to keep u busy until u get pro)
please people, give it a shot! I got my bro, Flarefox, and my online gf to get it. Lee is getting it too.
Kartrider.com
If more LA smashers got this, we'd play this as much as melee together.
Another great thing to do is to point out some trivial shortcoming of them then go back to ignoring them "your lipstick is smeared" or something of the like. This is called negging and it works wonders on targets that have alot of confidence in their looks or social standing. If they are among friends talk to all their friends first and completely ignore them. Smiling is awesome too, but not creepy smiling.

Also I am currently dling kartrider

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
also my kart ID is "thecyphus" so add that after you get your 2 licenses. (before you can do anything in the game u gotta pass 7 driving tests (it should only take 7 minutes to finish them all)

D

Deleted member

i want to talk about melee. is anyone's game improving? we've been playing as much as always. my falco is getting different. i tend to lose more when im trying new things but im trying to include plenty of double shines and shine out of shield. from a technical aspect it's going fine, i just tend to use things at the wrong time. also my falcon is beasting on marth. between sheik, falcon, and fox on corneria im not really worried about marth anymore (unless your m2k). i beat kyle probably 70-80% when he's trying and 95-98% when hes fscking around. its much less annoying to use falcon vs marth instead of falco. u cant just throw him off and kill him and he actually combos. smash di with marth breaks falcos combos into nothing. i really hate that match up.

lee and freddy's moms are both men.
twice.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
does anyone have any fold down tables they could bring to my house? if so we can have a decent size tournament in my garage since stephen of gameware wont respond to my questions about having one there. and lee pulls off smash + gf quite well.
I don't know if I can haul a fold-out table there, but I might be able to bring smaller surfaces that'll actually fit in the car. :D

Varuna said:
Another great thing to do is to point out some trivial shortcoming of them then go back to ignoring them "your lipstick is smeared" or something of the like. This is called negging and it works wonders on targets that have alot of confidence in their looks or social standing. If they are among friends talk to all their friends first and completely ignore them. Smiling is awesome too, but not creepy smiling.
Reminds me of the restaurant...
"What specialties do you recommend?"
x: "Well there are a lot of good things here. I like the chicken alfredo and the chicken club sandwhich."
"But which is your ABSOLUTE FAVORITE."
x: "The chicken club."
"I'll have the alfredo."

WIN

Also, My KartRider ign is SpeedAway.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
i want to talk about melee. is anyone's game improving?
Vaughn has improved a LOT. Freddy has gotten a lot better too. Eric just kind of beats me 90% of the time so I don't know if he's improving... probably getting slowly worse the longer we play together. >.<

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Vaughn has improved a LOT. Freddy has gotten a lot better too. Eric just kind of beats me 90% of the time so I don't know if he's improving... probably getting slowly worse the longer we play together. >.<
When in doubt, forward smash 6 times in a row. It works every time.

(I missed you when you came to Lafayette Ken. It was like 1:00 in the morning when Ben said you showed up. o.o)

EDIT:

Falco is the lulz

VVB

SD Champ
I'm down with having people sleep on the floor and such. But now that you make me think about parking... that might be a little problem. There is a enough spots to park, but not around my building. It would work though.

I wanna play...
Like right now....
Real bad...

EDIT: DLing KartRider right now...

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
ShyGuy, I found my GF without trying, I was talking to her in an elevator and in like a week, we were going out. You dont have to quit smash for that. If anything, And I may be imposing, but speak up a bit more, be open to others. Being shy doesn't attract girls. I dont mean to offend, and If anyone flames me, I shall be engulfed.
Is your GF that white girl that was with you at SAST2 talking to you when I played friendlies with Sean?

btw, I was really surprised when I found out you knew Randall and Vaughn..

Very.
Extremely.
Surprised.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
i want to talk about melee. is anyone's game improving?
I'm only gettting better tech skill wise, it's not like I'm going places with cpus T_T. But playing every day is going to get me somewhere (but ratrher slowly). I can't really tell how much better I've gotten till I play someone decent.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
okay, all the laf. people MUST come to BR like seriously, all you guys have are people on a lower level than BR is. like seriously, you guys need to plan a trip over here for like 2 days or something and melee at kyles house. and have party mm's but so far, i think its known that taylor owned the first ever party mm. "golfclaps"

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i prolly got worse at melee, i like quit it or something, just never felt like playing it since the tourney.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
im like fuggin incredible at smash i figured out how to play fox really well but it doesnt really matter what i know or what i can do its all about in game performance.....

i dont need any help on how too atract girls or impress them or what not, it comes pretty naturaly to me like if im liking the girl and shes liking me its pretty easy on what to do from there the problem is im just like not trying.....

ya i was pretty much joking about the gf smash thing i was just trying to sound like a hardcore elitist smasher that only plays smash and nuthing else

and i dont like racing games except like mariokart

D

Deleted member

rofl. smash boards manages to entertain me.

freddy: i was pretty insulted about what u said to laf. most of br isn't better than them, only a few of us have an advantage. ffox, probably jake, and probably varuna could take you.

but aside from that yall should come play anyway. however kyle doesnt want people at his house anymore so we have to arrange a place to play.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i dont know about that, freddy is probly as good or better than laffayate, i dont know i havent seen him play in a while, ffox is defineltey good though, i dont think ive evr seen varuna play, but ya i suck but whenever a group of people are smashing id like to participate

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
I might be free to smash for a few hours later today.
If you're free, you should play me, DSK. My number's 337 501 9474.

Top Bottom