• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
After Wintercon on the 20th, I'm looking to take up an apprentice as an assistant tournament organizer. Anyone interested? PM me if you are.

-Ran

Smash Master
Every single day (that I'm in NOLA at least, I go to Tulane, so pretty much play after we get out of class. Uptown area at my house on Joseph if you know where that is. By Lusher). Not in town right now however.
I live on Veterans in Metairie, relatively close to the West End exit. When you're back in town, give me a PM. I've been looking for a few people to play in New Orleans, now that everyone has got saddled with responsibilities or has fallen out of love with Melee. I don't set the world on fire though.

Sneakymuff1n

Smash Rookie
I really need someone to up my brawl game with, especially before wintercon. Anyone that is up to some practicing? I can host, and I'm right by LSU. I'll be free to play daily starting Jan 10th.

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
It's kinda meh, but I'm playing with friends so the server doesn't really matter to me. The battlegroup isn't too hard for pvp, but if you want to get into progression raiding you're gonna have to know someone in a good guild.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
The results for Smashcon PR are over for this quarter. Everyone who has placed 1st in their game gets free entry into Winter Con and free Entry into the game they placed so well in.

http://smash-con.com/?page_id=32

Winners are as follows
Brawl-Jnig
Melee-Wangsterbaiter
N64-Fancy

Perks
-No Venue Fee
-No Tourney Entry fee

Note
Erick goes by Fancy and has mentioned that he thinks it is unfair of him to use perks for his own con. Second place will be awarded the perks for N64 which is "XKCP".

Okuser

Smash Ace
I like xyros new ruleset for the LSC

1. MK is legal in singles AND doubles.
2. There cannot be 2 MKs on one team in 2vs2.
3. The LGL is 50 for all characters and 35 for MK.
4. MK cannot choose RC/Brinstar as a stage under any circumstance.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
The results for Smashcon PR are over for this quarter. Everyone who has placed 1st in their game gets free entry into Winter Con and free Entry into the game they placed so well in.

Winners are as follows
Brawl-Jnig
Melee-Wangsterbaiter
N64-Fancy

Perks
-No Venue Fee
-No Tourney Entry fee

Note
Erick goes by Fancy and has mentioned that he thinks it is unfair of him to use perks for his own con. Second place will be awarded the perks for N64 which is "XKCP".
Give it to Zac, if you think that's fine, because I know I am not going to show up.

FreddyBR

Smash Cadet

Winners are as follows
Brawl-Jnig
Melee-Wangsterbaiter
N64-Fancy

Perks
-No Venue Fee
-No Tourney Entry fee

Note

This list is ridiculous LOL.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The list is based on who attended Smashcon tournaments and placed high enough to earn points. :/

Congratz to Jnig, Wangsterbaiter, and XKCP.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
The list is based on who attended Smashcon tournaments and placed high enough to earn points. :/

Congratz to Jnig, Wangsterbaiter, and XKCP.
Don't congratulate me. :glare: I showed up to ONE tournament worth double points and still got second, which bumped me to first because Erick goes to all of them anyways.

For shame. Go play some Kirby.:kirby64:

Turazrok

Smash Master
The rankings are stupid bomber don't bull**** also Maddog is gross but will uck you jppppp

:phone:

Griffard

Smash Ace
I live on Veterans in Metairie, relatively close to the West End exit. When you're back in town, give me a PM. I've been looking for a few people to play in New Orleans, now that everyone has got saddled with responsibilities or has fallen out of love with Melee. I don't set the world on fire though.
Cool cool yeah next time I have a smashfest I'll hit you up/let you know in advance. We're all very much still in love with Melee <333

What characters do you play?

D

Deleted member

It's cool to give first place free entry for basically being the most dedicated decent player. Other than that its pretty irrelevant.

-Ran

Smash Master
Cool cool yeah next time I have a smashfest I'll hit you up/let you know in advance. We're all very much still in love with Melee <333

What characters do you play?
I pretty much only play Marth in Melee. I pm'ed you my phone number.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Well. My last post was buzzed but I do have legit reasons and I will post them as soon as me BSL and my sister stop playing dance central. I owe you at least that much

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I kinda figured it was a buzz post. Nonetheless, please get back to me on that. I want y'alls feedback for this kind of stuff. At least I can let Erick and the other guys in Smashcon know what's up so we can better refine what we do so we create a win-win system for our community. Suggestions are also highly welcomed.

Also for future reference, what other kinds of games do you guys play besides Smash? For future Get Hypes, since we finish so early, I figured we could have a casual gaming time (that fun, free event I mentioned earlier this year). It could be anything, something multiplayer or whatever. For all I care, you could bring in CoD and we'll try to have a LAN battle.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Custom Robo GCUBE

Ok so my issue with it was on that PR there are several people who consistently outplace wangsterbaiter at tournaments they both go to. Now I like that the free entry thing encourages repeated tournament entry, which is good. Now however having a list that is inaccurate is also silly. If you wanted to encourage tournament attendance you could just keep track of who goes to the most tournies and then choose based off of results if it came to that. I mean it sounds weird but when I go to the root of the allowing free entry in the first place that's what I find. Coupled with the fact people on an accurate PR would be making most of their entry fees back ( not gonna exaggerate our attendences). Just coming from the point of view of a 3 year pot feeder. This isn't about me either, it just bugs me you title it the PR and it's inaccurate. IDK.

Also dance central 3 is the ****.

I'm going to sleep.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It sounds like you think the Smashcon PR is the "new" LA PR? If that's what you are worried about, it's not the new PR. If you had worries about using the Smashcon PR to seed, I don't use it. I use the PR that you guys make. In time I'd love to see the two PRs basically become the same. That will take time though.

As far as keeping track of players, I actually proposed a while back to have a player database so Smashcon can keep track of the people who do attend our tournaments and such. Mainly because of the points system that is in place right now. My first reason behind it was to differentiate between players in the event two people with the same name had earned points on the Smashcon PR. The player database is something I'm going to be working with the Smashcon secretary to make. Though I'm not going to worry about that until after Wintercon.

"If you wanted to encourage tournament attendance you could just keep track of who goes to the most tournies and then choose based off of results if it came to that. "

^ that's basically how the Smashcon points system works. Whoever does show up to smashcon sponsored events and places high enough for points, earns them. At the end of the season, whoever has the most points for a particular game is rewarded with the free entry to that season's Smashcon. Though what I'd really like to see is everyone who earned enough points to make top 10 get something, even if you don't get rewarded free entry to smashcon for being #1, there should be some reward for getting top 10. First thing that pops in mind is maybe #2-5 on the Smashcon PR get free entry to the special events for next season. So let's say you were one of the people in ranks 2-5 for the Smashcon Brawl PR, you'd get free entry to the special event, Voodoo Smash since the main focus is Brawl. Partnered up with the database I'm hoping to create after Wintercon, keeping track of you guys will be easier and more organized. If you or anyone else has other ideas of how you'd like so see people rewarded in the top 10 I'd love to hear them.

Edit: I totally forgot about Custom Robo on GC, I loved that game!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I kinda figured it was a buzz post. Nonetheless, please get back to me on that. I want y'alls feedback for this kind of stuff. At least I can let Erick and the other guys in Smashcon know what's up so we can better refine what we do so we create a win-win system for our community. Suggestions are also highly welcomed.
I think you should expand the points system to account for much more than just top3.

Through 5 or maybe even 7.

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
Say you have 2 choices. You could either watch Apex this weekend the last big brawl tourny with people from all over the world. Or attend Wintercon our states only regional for ???? Without having practised for 2 weeks. Which would you pick?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Say you have 2 choices. You could either watch Apex this weekend the last big brawl tourny with people from all over the world. Or attend Wintercon our states only regional for ???? Without having practised for 2 weeks. Which would you pick?

Exactly why Smashcon wasn't scheduled the same weekend. Smashcon can't compete with APEX (yet).

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm coming and other Houston players have expressed interest (not the big 3)

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Pretty sure some of AL is coming as well. It's gonna be the best tournament we'll see in state for a while...
Get your *** out there play some smash.

Tesh

Smash Hero

Tickets have just gone on sale thru April 30th guys, so head over to Megabus.com and book your trips for Events #1(HOBO) and #2(Revolution).
[COLLAPSE="March 9th, Houston, TX"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="April 13th, Dallas, TX"]
[/COLLAPSE]​

Top Bottom