• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Reflex and I are almost done capturing all the singles matches from setup 2. Scatz from GA is going to start helping us in a few minutes and hopefully we can get all the doubles matches up tonight as well.

EDIT: Adam, did your doubles matches against Nitez and RJ get saved? It looks like a match from Pirate Ship was saved with you guys vs. 2 Ganons.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've been out for a couple of days due to lack of internet. So the first thing I see is a huge chart with LA player rankings on them. Where did we did that up from?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah, that chart makes little sense to me, there are plenty of people who should be ranked higher. Though even being "ranked" 21st with MK ban, I still feel like that'd be my ranking anyway even if MK was legal. I'm only basing my opinion based on the people I've played and watching other play.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Well that's just based on tournament results alone, not an eye test. There's probably some discrepancies based on the amount of times that players go to, but it's w.e.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Results matter quite a bit, unless you have 2 people with similar records. Doesn't matter if I can JV 4 people left and right in friendlies, if I can't do that in tournaments, I'm not in a position to be called one of the top players.

Results can't tell a tale, like matches do, but if you have nothing to go off of video wise, then results dictate.

It's not that much, since results are used for back and forth debates ****.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
By the way Louisiana, I need to talk to you guys about something.

So, before in AL, it was basically just me and Reflex uploading replays. Then we started saving replays for GA, so we got Player-1 to commit to helping upload. Bomber was interested in saving replays too, so we ended up helping him with uploading his, and now he and Erick are on board to helping upload. Overall, we have 7 people right now from LA, GA, and AL who have committed to uploading replays from ATL South tournaments, but so far only AL players have done so. I'm trying really hard to set up a system where a large group of uploaders works on replays from all ATL south tournaments every weekend, but we need people that have capture cards to commit to helping with the project. If this works, in not too long FL and NC can join the system as well.

At this point, I'd like to know who can commit to helping even if they don't have a capture card. That way, if we ever do fundraising, I know who we can give the capture card to.

EDIT: Did Adam use some Snake at the tournament?
I'm usually very diligent in uploading things that I record with my dazzle. I wanted to help Bomber with uploading the saves, but I recently lost the Wii (was taken to Georgia with my brother) so I have no way to play stuff back and record with a dazzle besides getting Dolphin up and running, as well as hoping that the emulator doesn't drop frames everywhere. I could not get Dolphin to read saves because of a header error and have yet to fix that issue. If I had a Wii, I would have no problem with uploading matches. If there's some other way to handle the save files then I would be glad to hear it, but I've tried everything that I found out about the program using Google.

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
sooo I just watched brawlman & eso vs gunner & okuser...props to brawlman, he went in. I think that if you guys can perfect some sonic/lucas team combos y'all would be a pretty scary team to face in the future

D

Deleted member

Trey would sy a girl isn't allowed in his room. But boys can lick his wet hole. What a ***.

In other news I'm on the only street in the neighborhood that is still out of power. In still alone in the dark and I don't see it changing tonight. And I'm pretty pissed. And almost drunk. A true rarity for me.

:phone:

Turazrok

Smash Master
Catherine isn't really banned just needs to stop ****ing with my computer going onto 4chan and ****ing with my Facebook lol.

Okuser

Smash Ace
sooo I just watched brawlman & eso vs gunner & okuser...props to brawlman, he went in. I think that if you guys can perfect some sonic/lucas team combos y'all would be a pretty scary team to face in the future
l. o. l. at gunner KILLING HIMSELF to try to take my stock in the final game.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I believe ESO and I could have done even better had we got some practice in first but hey we still got third. I felt very comfortable teaming with Lucas and would definitely do it again in the future.

I also wish that game 3 of Gunner and I didn't get cut off b4 the ending.:(

Bomber7

Smash Hero

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
actually, NiTEZ and I both knew that there was no dq rule. we did it bcuz we thought it would be hilarious and neither of us really cared about who advanced in the tourney

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
I believe ESO and I could have done even better had we got some practice in first but hey we still got third. I felt very comfortable teaming with Lucas and would definitely do it again in the future.

So much this. Me and li-d's game 3 was also really hype, but got cut off at 100+% and less than 2 minutes on the clock.
Lucario is really really scary :/

Esotera

Smash Apprentice

Yeah I had a blast playing doubles. Sonic seems like a really good fit for Lucas because of his insane damage racking. 10/10 would try again

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Trey just set a password on your computer.
Or just make it to where everything on the computer is controlled with a TV remote. Tesla invented the remote control in 1898, and women have been confused by it ever since. You ought to see my girlfriend try to figure out how to work the Xbox.

D

Deleted member

If anyone wants some red beans and rice come to chimes and buy some. I'm making 50 gallons.

And Tim will make your salads this morning and Hyro will tonight.

D

Deleted member

So far, the only statistic you can throw out is Brawl players can't handle the easiest job in a kitchen.

Top Bottom