• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

Giant butt plug counters shiny ****. Learn the new meta noob.

:phone:

How the hell did you type ****?

D

Deleted member

Melee round robin at my house next Friday. 7pm. $5 entry. Kyles going to be back in town. Get dunked

I expect jake Kyle Tim lee Eric Sudai Freddy myself and maybe young Dylan. Who else wants to join?

Also taking mms vs my luigi.

Sudai

Stuff here
Melee round robin at my house next Friday. 7pm. $5 entry. Kyles going to be back in town. Get dunked

I expect jake Kyle Tim lee Eric Sudai Freddy myself and maybe young Dylan. Who else wants to join?

Also taking mms vs my luigi.
I doubt I'll be able to come. Family is moving Saturday and I need to have all my stuff out of the house and in to a new place by then. I'll try though.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
From someone who has been around for quite a long time, ans has seen the metagame evolve (Lol if you can call it that) I can make the honest opinion that Metaknight should indeed be banned. With very few counters to his game, he dominates the tournament scene, and ultimately ruins the individuality of competitive play. With a character roster of over 20, there is no reason that there should be as many dittos as there are. It ruins not only the overall experience of the game, but also encourages players to only learn one character. Basically, the existence of MK in tournament play only enforces the idea that players are ALLOWED to be lazy and not learn other characters to face different scenarios with.

Just a scrub's opinion, though.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Explain yourselves.
Yes, it is one of Smashcon's goals to reach out to other states and help create a solid regional circuit. We've already proven people will come even if MK is banned (even those who opposed the ban came) as shown by our previous smashcon. There are also many other states within our region that would like to have MK banned within their states so it makes it all the easier to form a circuit. I would also like to point out that Smashcon's matters and affairs are separate from the LA community/ LA thread Community.

How soon this regional circuit will be made, I don't know. We are still reaching out to players and making a name for ourselves. For those who want to make a big deal about it, keep in mind it's a MK banned circuit. No one is going to stop anyone from taking the time and effort to make a MK legal circuit. Smashcon is going to do their own thing just as the LA community here in this thread does their own thing.

Okuser

Smash Ace
From someone who has been around for quite a long time, ans has seen the metagame evolve (Lol if you can call it that) I can make the honest opinion that Metaknight should indeed be banned. With very few counters to his game, he dominates the tournament scene, and ultimately ruins the individuality of competitive play. With a character roster of over 20, there is no reason that there should be as many dittos as there are. It ruins not only the overall experience of the game, but also encourages players to only learn one character. Basically, the existence of MK in tournament play only enforces the idea that players are ALLOWED to be lazy and not learn other characters to face different scenarios with.

Just a scrub's opinion, though.
Nope, we're not even going to get started on this ****. But you're an idiot.

@bomber that's not even true, the ban kept daniel from coming and kept lee martin from entering. I certainly wouldn't have come if it wasn't the only tournament that fit into my schedule for the summer.

Top Bottom