• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSP

Smash Legend
Just so all parties know:

TASOL will NOT be my last Brawl tournament. I still have fire for this game, I just got accepted into the BBR, I'm too good, and u all bi.

For those who I've talked to this directly: Yes, this is true. I've realized what I've needed to change, and that's to get back into my competitive habits, when I was progressing through the ranks. It wasn't just myself getting better, it was everyone around me. I've stopped reaching out to play with other people, and I've made excuses for it. Quoth the raven, NEVERMORE.

For those of you who I've never mentioned this to: You're not cool enough Yes, I've given thought to retiring at TASOL. Thinking about how long I've played, the lack of players, my impact on the community, made me think that now would be OK to give it up. But I'm not done getting better yet. And neither are you guys.

A flame has been rekindled,
That's great!

Only problem is, half the people that frequently post in this thread won't care >_>

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Just so all parties know:

TASOL will NOT be my last Brawl tournament. I still have fire for this game, I just got accepted into the BBR, I'm too good, and u all bi.

For those who I've talked to this directly: Yes, this is true. I've realized what I've needed to change, and that's to get back into my competitive habits, when I was progressing through the ranks. It wasn't just myself getting better, it was everyone around me. I've stopped reaching out to play with other people, and I've made excuses for it. Quoth the raven, NEVERMORE.

For those of you who I've never mentioned this to: You're not cool enough Yes, I've given thought to retiring at TASOL. Thinking about how long I've played, the lack of players, my impact on the community, made me think that now would be OK to give it up. But I'm not done getting better yet. And neither are you guys.

A flame has been rekindled,
**** yeah madafaka!!!

Also, congratz on getting in the BBR dude! Wish I could play u guys more often. :/

BSP

Smash Legend
And post like that fuel the fire BSP. Don't be part of the problem you're *****ing about. lol
:glare: Fine then

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY ****

Now that John can drive, Ran is back, and Adam just got his driving license!?

NOLA is back (for now)!
John and Ran need to start attending again
Adam needs to enter
And will we ever have another NOM?

BSP

Smash Legend
You're the TO, your call. When I schedule, I just avoid what's already taken in the op.

D

Deleted member

Hence the

And I agree with Sudai.

And Taylor:

lol. youre just a *****. you can beat me at one game, i can beat you at one game, but youre still a ***** (idk why specifically but something in my head told me so. i may have had too munch to drink.)

but if you want to take it to the old match i threw out to brawl players ill $100 mm you.

we play a set of each game. who ever takes off the most stocks wins (3 stocks in both because i think 3 and 4 would be unfair?)

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Oh and when would we do this? A Melee tourney? Oh wait...

A Brawl tourney? lol

So basically whoever can take off one stock off the other is gonna win, cuz there's no way in hell I'd let you take a stock from me for $100.

D

Deleted member

i would say i have a higher probability of beating you in a set of brawl, than you do of taking one stock off me in melee. ill drive to your house in nola if you want to do it for 100. place is not an issue. man up bro.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
i would say i have a higher probability of beating you in a set of brawl, than you do of taking one stock off me in melee. ill drive to your house in nola if you want to do it for 100. place is not an issue. man up bro.
Oh that is rich! And you want me to "man up" when you post like this:

jnig i want to **** you up. youre a *****. **** you.
lol. youre just a *****. you can beat me at one game, i can beat you at one game, but youre still a ***** (idk why specifically but something in my head told me so. i may have had too munch to drink.)
Then challenge me to play a video game for $100?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
you're welcome to come for any amount of time. only a few people play brawl in BR though

epic thought: if you're there for friday night, you will be at my birthday party. its something you won't want to miss indeed.
Legitimate
Despite my BBR status I don't actually play brawl anymore, so no brawl in BR is fine by me lol

D

Deleted member

Oh that is rich! And you want me to "man up" when you post like this:

Then challenge me to play a video game for $100?

so what you're saying is you're scared to play me? if you dont want to play me for serious money then say so, then shut the **** up.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Hey. Hey, everyone. Shut up and listen. In August there will be a tournament in Arkansas. Lee went to ARKIV and won melee and placed well in Mahvel.
Come show your support for the Arkansas FGC and make a name for yourself...
If anything you can go up there just to see me. :3

Here's a link to the srk thread and Maxx will most likely come through with a smashboards thread link when his internet is up.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...the-best-of-the-south-jacksonville-ar.158608/

:phone:

Okuser

Smash Ace
Brawl hype!

It's too bad you don't live near me jnig cause I'm literally always down to play. I'm pretty sure gunner and I played like 15 hours + this week and it would've been more if he didn't leave.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
So I'm guessing I wasn't the only one who had that little Will of Fire returning...because I'm starting to get that feeling again.

'V'

Smash Lord
People need to stop this "Let's get back into the Brawl scene" nonsense... 95% of the time it NEVER works out.

In fact, wasn't there JUST a conversation about how talking about hot chicks was better than smash..?

*confused*

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I kind of feel like JNig does, only difference is, I never reached my peak. I feel as if I quit/left before I ever did.
For whatever reason, I do feel like coming back and seeing if I can reach that peak.
The only thing I've really wanted to do before quit is go to a national.

The only thing is, the thought of coming back literally comes and goes...lol

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
People need to stop this "Let's get back into the Brawl scene" nonsense... 95% of the time it NEVER works out.

In fact, wasn't there JUST a conversation about how talking about hot chicks was better than smash..?

*confused*
What high does this guy get from killing initiative in other people who might go forward with something they want to do?

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Nah brawl sux, I thought I was doing my job well keeping it away. I'll have to go harder this time.

Anyone on that pokemon conquest?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
shut. the. ****. up.
For once, I actually agree 100% with an Okuser post!

Vaughn, welcome to the 5% then. All because you don't have the fire doesn't mean you have to extinguish everyone else's. Same to you, Arc.

Taylor, I never said I wouldn't do it. Let us name the terms, time and place and let's do this. I think NOLA is having a little hyperbolic time chamber tomorrow around 7 at Dibbz, you should come.

Sudai

Stuff here
Vaughn, I'ma come at you like I came at BSP. If people wanna try to get Brawl going let them. They're not spending any of your time or effort to do it so let them talk about it if they want.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
What's this, wake up to even more brawl hype? ****ing awesome.
I think it's cause JNig mad about no.5 wario. He's gonna hype us up then USE us for his own gain. And what do we get out of it? Broken hearts and empty wallets. **** you JNig.

But real talk we could get 20-30 person tournaments constantly if our scene actually showed up. Hype snowballs. Make it happen...

BSP

Smash Legend
Taylor, I never said I wouldn't do it. Let us name the terms, time and place and let's do this. I think NOLA is having a little hyperbolic time chamber tomorrow around 7 at Dibbz, you should come.
Does anyone from BR (or anywhere west of NOLA) want to go to this? If yes, let me come with you please.

Top Bottom