• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Okuser

Smash Ace
whoa whoa whoa, HOLD THE **** UP.

yall are actually even considering having TASOL be MK banned? what the actual ****? someone say this isn't so, that is literally the worst thing you could do for tournament attendance.

****ing MEW2KING was showing interest and yall basicallly tell him to **** off... holy ****.

theres not a justification in the world for pulling this crap. the "mk agreement" makes it look so hilariously unprofessional.

Curlz man, are you gonna just let this happen?

edit: and yes I know I'm late to the party but I just found out

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that was just silly... Freddy posted about it on the facebook page. I can't remember what eric said though.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
whoa whoa whoa, HOLD THE **** UP.

yall are actually even considering having TASOL be MK banned? what the actual ****? someone say this isn't so, that is literally the worst thing you could do for tournament attendance.
So says you and your opinion. As I've said a million times and I'll say it again. If you don't like it, do not come, but don't go ruining it for those who want to come because you can't play metaknight.

****ing MEW2KING was showing interest and yall basicallly tell him to **** off... holy ****.

theres not a justification in the world for pulling this crap. the "mk agreement" makes it look so hilariously unprofessional.
What's also hilariously unprofessional is a scrub throwing a tantrum about something as trivial as MK being banned, then throwing false accusations around like telling a player to f*ck off. M2K said he was interested way before we had the rule set for the tournament set in stone. Honestly, we aren't going to change everything for one person, we aren't sucking anyone's **** like some of you might.

Curlz man, are you gonna just let this happen?
Curlz agreed to having MK banned. He wanted his tournament to be sponsored by Smashcon, so he fully understood, what smashcon wanted, he'd have to accept.

edit: and yes I know I'm late to the party but I just found out
Indeed you are late to the party, about a month and a half late to the party.

BSP

Smash Legend
That sounds like chaos

The backroom for the next game needs to take on a more leadership oriented role imo.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Basically what Bomber and Ran said.
I really find that the only reason you're complaining at all is because you play Metaknight, this is why MK mains have characters they can fall back for tourneys like these. You have a Snake, use it.

And you're only mentioning one player who's **** you may or may not be sucking to further your little tantrum. Just stop it!

Okuser

Smash Ace
So says you and your opinion. As I've said a million times and I'll say it again. If you don't like it, do not come, but don't go ruining it for those who want to come because you can't play metaknight.
I'll stop you here, because, I could care less about whether or not I'm able to play MK. I haven't used MK at all in the last 3 tournaments I've attended.

And most importantly, an MK ban is IN MY FAVOR, because then I wouldn't have to worry about roni, curlz, .D and freddy who are all tough obstacles.

I just want to make sure yall are making the right decision for the tournament, because I care a lot about our local smash scene.

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
I'll stop you here, because, I could care less about whether or not I'm able to play MK. I haven't used MK at all in the last 3 tournaments I've attended.

And most importantly, an MK ban is IN MY FAVOR, because then I wouldn't have to worry about roni, curlz, .D and freddy who are all tough obstacles.

I just want to make sure yall are making the right decision for the tournament, because I care a lot about our local smash scene.
***** u gay

Turazrok

Smash Master

***** u gay

Bomber7

Smash Hero

If MK ban is in your favor, then why are you complaining? No matter if you have a MK ban or legal tournament, people are going to complain. I still stand by what I said earlier. If you don't like it, don't come.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Nitez, you be going in man dam. On the mk ban for tasol, I personally dislike it. Sure it might attract more players but still its frustrating when you can't pick your main. I tried the CI mk ban and hated it. If you ban him once, your going to have to keep banning him. The new players that attend tasol and actually want to go to tournaments afterwards will expect mk bans. In LA we have very few tourneys, and even fewer mk banned events. So what happens when those players run into an mk legal tourney?

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Nitez, you be going in man dam. On the mk ban for tasol, I personally dislike it. Sure it might attract more players but still its frustrating when you can't pick your main. I tried the CI mk ban and hated it. If you ban him once, your going to have to keep banning him. The new players that attend tasol and actually want to go to tournaments afterwards will expect mk bans. In LA we have very few tourneys, and even fewer mk banned events. So what happens when those players run into an mk legal tourney?
Like Bomber said, they won't go.

Okuser

Smash Ace
If MK ban is in your favor, then why are you complaining?
You're obviously very biased on the ban.

@Adam, this is the kind of stuff everyone was talking about just yesterday. we have people here that care. and then there are the others that just drop in to stir **** every now and then.

but anyway, do what yall want because I don't care enough.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
For someone who doesn't care enough or has a ban in their favor, you aren't helping your case at all by seemingly complaining about it.

@D. I see your point, but just like Bomber said, if they don't like it, then they don't have to attend, but at the same time, some of them may be curious, some of them may not like it but actually want to try it out. They can expect whatever they want, but it is ultimately up to the TO that makes the rules.

@Gunner I get it, but I'm not about to join the ****ride circle that seems to go around with you guys though, I don't come from that ****. The main concept or point of his tantrum is that it is equal to ****.

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Dragon Master. But more importantly, Brawl - Tier List:

God Tier: Falcon

S Tier: MK, Pika, Oli, Wario, Samus, Link

A: Mario, Sonic, Ike, Marth, Zero Suit,

****water Tier: Everyone else

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Based on what proof?

@Adam, this is the kind of stuff everyone was talking about just yesterday. we have people here that care. and then there are the others that just drop in to stir **** every now and then.
Insinuating I dropped in to stir **** after you were flipping out over MK being banned at Smashcon? Oh dear, it looks like you caught me. And insinuating that I don't care? All I care about is doing my job as a TO for Smashcon. I'm helping with organizing this tournament and I'm standing by the decisions made. Just because I stand by my decision, you constitute that as not caring? You misunderstand me.

Adam!

Smash Apprentice

but anyway, do what yall want because I don't care enough.
***** u gay

Okuser

Smash Ace
@Nitez, let me try to help you understand (but you probably wont be able to). Imagine if legislation was passed without competition or serious discussion.

Now, I don't mind being labeled as the bad guy for always being the one that brings up important issues like this, but it has to be done.

@Bomber, you completley discredited yourself and revelead your bias on the issue with this statement "If MK ban is in your favor, then why are you complaining?"

My comment about stirring **** up is in NO WAY directed to you, we're actually having a discussion about stuff that is important.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
@Bomber, you completley discredited yourself and revelead your bias on the issue with this statement "If MK ban is in your favor, then why are you complaining?"
My question was directed at you because for a guy who care so little about the MK ban, you sure are making a big deal about it.

And all you did was restate a question I asked. Back it up by explaining how that reveals any bias.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I already understand the powers of being a TO, Okuser...
You can have "competition" or even "serious discussion," but in these cases, at these moments, the rules of the tournament and the way it's being ran will always ultimately be up to the TOs. And if this is a discussion with the sponsors/TOs of the tourney, I don't think it would have need of your input on it. Are you going to sponsor TASOL if we disregard what Smashcon wants and lose their sponsorship?

Bomber's not being bias, he's only sticking to his main point that he's always stuck to as a TO. He's not going to kiss everyone's *** and try to make everyone happy because it's impossible, so IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN DON'T COME

For example, it's the same as Vaughn's Item Brawl tournament concept. He's the TO, he's made the tourney and rules with items included. He's not changing it to a regular tourney no matter what you say to him, if you don't like it, then you don't have to attend.

In other words, what I'm saying is...we as TOs can take into consideration what you guys want/recommend, but that doesn't mean we are obligated to do what you ask, it is our tournament, therefore it is our decision as to what we want for it. You may not like that, but in the end, you have to deal with it.

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
You guys need to chill out. Mk is being banned. Bomber has made up his mind. We have to just respect that and move on. You guys are seriously choosing the wrong time to start complaining. Bomber said mk was being banned literally months ago. I remember because I complained about it myself back then. Moving on the real problem that should be addressed is this tourny happening the same weekend as SKTAR. Personally I have no plans to attend SKTAR but this must hurt the out of state attendance and I myself want to see gluttoy vs the US on live stream which will be happening during Tasol.

'V'

Smash Lord
What's also hilariously unprofessional is a scrub throwing a tantrum about something as trivial as MK being banned, then throwing false accusations around like telling a player to f*ck off. M2K said he was interested way before we had the rule set for the tournament set in stone. Honestly, we aren't going to change everything for one person, we aren't sucking anyone's **** like some of you might.
I cannot express how much this one statement applies to so many people in our own state. I think most people just forget that tournaments are supposed to be for a certain crowd and that not everyone will be pleased with whatever ruleset, venue, whatever, is offered. Whatever happens is strictly up to the TO's and the TO's ONLY. It's their right to experiment with different things.

MK bans have proved themselves to work in the past and now. If we, as TO's, feel that it is affordable to do one, then we can. That is how TO'ing works and how it will continue to work.

People just need to stop being butthurt.

That sounds like chaos

The backroom for the next game needs to take on a more leadership oriented role imo.
We also need a backroom that'll actually evaluate ALL of the game's options rather than try to make a ruleset identical to its predecessor. I.E. Items / Stages / Other Modes

Welcome to the POS called Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Word.

I main Zero in UMvC3 whose getting ALL of the hate right now even though he hasn't even won a major yet. Your argument is invalid.

Yes, Dragon Master. But more importantly, Brawl - Tier List:

God Tier: Falcon

S Tier: MK, Pika, Oli, Wario, Samus, Link

A: Mario, Sonic, Ike, Marth, Zero Suit,

****water Tier: Everyone else
You forgot...

Sexy Tier: Zelda, Peach

I already understand the powers of being a TO, Okuser...
You can have "competition" or even "serious discussion," but in these cases, at these moments, the rules of the tournament and the way it's being ran will always ultimately be up to the TOs. And if this is a discussion with the sponsors/TOs of the tourney, I don't think it would have need of your input on it. Are you going to sponsor TASOL if we disregard what Smashcon wants and lose their sponsorship?

Bomber's not being bias, he's only sticking to his main point that he's always stuck to as a TO. He's not going to kiss everyone's *** and try to make everyone happy because it's impossible, so IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN DON'T COME

For example, it's the same as Vaughn's Item Brawl tournament concept. He's the TO, he's made the tourney and rules with items included. He's not changing it to a regular tourney no matter what you say to him, if you don't like it, then you don't have to attend.

In other words, what I'm saying is...we as TOs can take into consideration what you guys want/recommend, but that doesn't mean we are obligated to do what you ask, it is our tournament, therefore it is our decision as to what we want for it. You may not like that, but in the end, you have to deal with it.
Hey, Oku****. I hope you're reading this cuz it's actually a big part of a being an actual GOOD and RESPECTED player in not just this community, but every other community as well.

And yes, Gunner. We, as TO's, DO "****ing get" what the MK bans are, how they work, and what they're supposed to accomplish. The problem is that it's going to discourage the solo MK mains from coming. Another problem is that MK legal tourneys discourage Low Tier mains and many other players from coming as well. So, what should that tell you, really? The total problem does not fall on the tournaments, but on BRAWL itself and its PLAYERS. The game itself just won't appeal to everyone no matter what type of ruleset, ban, or stagelist that you try to enforce. It also doesn't help that you guys don't get enough hype for your own game. Now that, in my opinion, is just ****ing sad.

Regardless, it's not fair to put all of the blame on TO's when it's just as much the faults of the players too.

When you guys can actually host a good DECENT-sized tourney, then you can talk about TO's. Until then, quit your *****ing. You're lucky that we even have TO's to begin with.

Top Bottom