• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSP

Smash Legend
I feel like the south is so much more dead than the north when it comes to hype events >_>

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the south is so much more dead than the north when it comes to hype events >_>
Because Smash is boring/dull/etc. The whole reason I stopped playing is because of that, there are better games that perk my interests more nowadays and has better replayability. There's no "hype," there's no "excitement," just the same ol ****

'V'

Smash Lord
Because Smash is boring/dull/etc. The whole reason I stopped playing is because of that, there are better games that perk my interests more nowadays and has better replayability. There's no "hype," there's no "excitement," just the same ol ****
He speaks the truth. Even Melee got really boring for me after a while. Project M is where its at for smash these days. Though, at this point, I'm actually curious as to what kind of things they wanna try to use for Smash 4. Hopefully it's something fun at least.

bks

Smash Cadet
NNID
byronjr
This is the worst place to come to get a newcomer or vet hyped about smash (Melee or Brawl). Damn, if it annoys and bores you sooo much, why come here. I'm pretty sure ppl love hearing all of that good ole negativity about the smash series on SMASHBOARDS, I bet ya

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
Down here maybe, but the North Eastern region always seem to have hype things right around the corner.

If you go to tournament listings, most of the big events don't have an Atlantic South tag...I think we're the ones who are dead.

Edit: yeah, Atlantic south's dead

Edit2: Because SWF isn't just for smash. This is a social. The negativity doesn't help though as you said. But, people have moved on, nothing we can really do.

Edit3: I think you feel that way Nitez is because our area is mostly dead.

And I'm going to scrap the "Brawl Rules" section in the OP since there's nothing standard atm.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
This is the worst place to come to get a newcomer or vet hyped about smash (Melee or Brawl). Damn, if it annoys and bores you sooo much, why come here. I'm pretty sure ppl love hearing all of that good ole negativity about the smash series on SMASHBOARDS, I bet ya
I'm pretty sure ppl love hearing good ole smartasses too...:smirk:
@BSP No, it wouldn't change my mindset about Brawl at all. I've been bored with it for a while now.

D

Deleted member

they obviously dont remember how lee won 5k with ike. biggest tourney winnings ever and hes not on the list anywhere. trololololol

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I say we do the tier PR for Brawl too, I'm tired of hearing the same people ***** and complain about it every damn time there's a new PR. And the sad part is, it isn't always about their placement but someone else's

ChKn

Smash Ace

I agree. From what I've seen on the boards from the younger guys, I do like their mindset.

It was only a year+ since I've met Gunner and his crew and it's cool to see one of them get up there tournament wise.

Okuser

Smash Ace
I like to **** on peoples achievements for no reason. Just the other day a little girl came up to me and showed me a painting she had just finished, I told that dumb **** to burn it and start over, because it wasn't as good as the other childrens paintings in the more advanced class.

bks

Smash Cadet
NNID
byronjr
By it being hard makes ppl try hard. It makes or breaks them into a better player or not one at all. I played gunner, eso, okuser, and running bull when they first started coming and i seen potential.They continued to play and I'm really proud of them for how far they came and how much they've learned. Made competition a lot harder. Not trying to be a ******* or nothing but I don't feel like you should be on this website, forum, thread, etc complaining or have something negative to say about brawl, Melee, or 64. I come here to see what ppl learned, hype, mm's, tourneys, or anything positive about the game we or at least I love to play but greeted with a big slap in the face of disappointment about how stupid one of them are. Get da fūčk out šhįt!

D

Deleted member

just woke up. jake texted me at like noon about some melee. anyone else want to play?

_D._

Smash Apprentice
The pr should be cut down to top 5. Based on tournament results prior, the pr should be as follows.
1.Lee
2.Jnig
3.BSP
4.brawlman1000
5.Gunner

Top Bottom